Based on MorphXT v12.4 [Stulle]

Removed: Forbidden community feature in USC

--------------------------------------
Changelog for eMule 0.50a MorphCA v1.9
--------------------------------------

08-10-2010

Based on MorphXT v12.4 [Stulle]

Add: IntelliFlush (always enabled) [WiZaRd]
Change: File Buffer Size increased a bit to 7,5 MB max. because of IntelliFlush (default 4MB) [Spike2]
Removed: Flush Thread
Change: Upload Splitting Class - Community clients with same classID how friends
Change: Moved Community Tag setting to Upload Management-Friends/Community
Change: Moved CA-log checkbox to verbose settings
Add: Don't show MorphCA icon for nickthieves
Readd: Setable compresslevel [leuk_he]
Change: Variable compression switchable

Bin:

ed2k://|file|eMulev0.50a.-MorphCAv1.9.Hotfix-bin.rar|4677210|9F67939A2D673F315C87A0E0462DAC97|h=YOAINI45MKZUQXWSDA42MSLJKNWM4UPC|/

Src:

ed2k://|file|eMulev0.50a._MorphCAv1.9.Hotfix_src_libs.vs08.compile.ready.incl.win7sdk.rar|24392166|79B8B562A7AE5E69F00F6E2278D7FE19|h=FYTFIIV6KA5RQGLCC32IFYALF7ROYL7Q|/

Sorry for trouble you have to update mirrors. :flowers:

This post has been edited by morph4u: 08 October 2010 - 09:02 PM

#2 User is offline   Ki3r 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:57 PM

morph4u, why you changed Flush Thread for IntelliFlush? It just for the bugs Flush Thread causes or IntelliFlush is better?

#3 User is offline   morph4u 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:10 PM

View PostKi3r, on 08 Oktober 2010 - 04:57 , said:

morph4u, why you changed Flush Thread for IntelliFlush? It just for the bugs Flush Thread causes or IntelliFlush is better?

Yes, first for the bugs with this annoying code. Read MorphXT changelog since v8.0 since Flush Thread was added.
Ever and ever fixes until actual version.
Now I tried running my private test build without Flush Thread and after some tests I see not any disadvantage without it.
In src its a way that I can build exe with and without this code. So, its easy to re add if me tell everyone any disadvantage. But think there isnt any.
The remove have nothing todo with IntelliFlush or others, only my personal opinion thats no difference to a build with Flush Thread. :)

This post has been edited by morph4u: 08 October 2010 - 04:12 PM

#4 User is offline   arturx 

• eMule Xtreme user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:39 PM

Thx for your new release. :+1:

Emule Mods.it mirror updated:

eMule 0.50a MorphCA 1.9 Hotfix

eMule 0.50a MorphCA 1.9 Hotfix Binary

eMule 0.50a MorphCA 1.9 Hotfix Sources

This post has been edited by arturx: 08 October 2010 - 10:05 PM

#5 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:37 PM

hold on a minute, you are adding users to the friend upload class based on their community string?!? that is certainly not good! you should remove that code ASAP because it's unfair community boost!!!
I am an emule-web.de member and fan!

[Imagine there was a sarcasm meter right here!]

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#6 User is offline   morph4u 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:23 PM

View PostStulle, on 08 Oktober 2010 - 07:37 , said:

hold on a minute, you are adding users to the friend upload class based on their community string?!? that is certainly not good! you should remove that code ASAP because it's unfair community boost!!!

hm, why this ? its nothing other than friends.
same if i have my upload class set for my friends in my list.
and that can be many friends (or same how community too)
also there is no limit for friends like this.
where is the difference if a friend become this class or a community client ?
friend is recognized with friend list, comm at the string, but i cant really see a difference about this.
sure, if this is really not allowed i remove this little code part in next release.
but please explain me more why community is not allowed to be same as friends :flowers:

#7 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:39 PM

the bad thing is the automatic part. you still have to add friends and set them to friend slot. if you do it on a higher speed than 3 kB/s in Morph you also have to enable ZZ Ratio because otherwise it would be unfair. simply adding all community clients to friend class is - just like push friends - unfair because it is nothing but community boost!

again, this has to be removed ASAP!

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#8 User is offline   jerryBG 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:44 PM

must agree with morph4u, 

as long as there's no additional boost, there's no difference except that it is easier to recognize friend group and it is being done so automatically instead of tiresome manual maintanance of of friendlist in case you are utilizing a lot of friends

hehe, think that the difference between "friend group" and "community group" is usually being pursued with somewhat "religious" attitude by some authorities here and there   B)

This post has been edited by jerryBG: 08 October 2010 - 07:55 PM

#9 User is offline   morph4u 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:46 PM

Yes if I think this way you explained i see you are right.
I am not at home and cant not change the code immediately but removed links now in first post. :angelnot:

EDIT:

View PostStulle, on 08 Oktober 2010 - 08:39 , said:

the bad thing is the automatic part. you still have to add friends and set them to friend slot.

hm, with friends the automatic part is also given. and where is the difference if I add clients to friend list and they have the advantage or if I add them by the comm string ?

This post has been edited by morph4u: 08 October 2010 - 08:04 PM

#10 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:03 PM

jerryBG, if you have no idea about how the USC work you should refrain from disagreeing with anything. the whole idea of the USC is that friends go before powershare/pbf go before all other clients. the community feature in MorphXT is only for visualizing if a client belongs to a given community (via a tiny icon add-on) and enabling these clients to view our share. none of these result in any kind of different behavior when handling these clients in our upload queue. adding these clients automatically, however, to the friends upload class (class 0) will make them be handled differently as soon as they are entered the upload (for instance they are first to receive data in the throttler cycles). in fact, if you start implementing that stage even on a higher level it would already make community clients benefit when they enter the upload waiting queue because they'd be picked before all others and would even cause lower class clients (code wise this would be class 1 or 2) to be removed from upload.

anyway, glad you understood, morph4u. in case you are thinking about any change like that again feel free to discuss this in the community first. i might not be very active code wise these days, however, i am trying to stick around despite that. also, my offer to join the team is still open, however, if you want to join you got to make sure something like this will not happen again. franky five was kicked from the team because he thinks building leecher mods with ridiculous explanations at hands would be fine when it's not. i don't want this to happen to the team again. i would much rather like to have a reliable addition to the team so i can probably cut down on the work load without stalling Morph's development for lengthy periods of time.

#11 User is offline   morph4u 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:11 PM

View PostStulle, on 08 Oktober 2010 - 09:03 , said:

anyway, glad you understood, morph4u. in case you are thinking about any change like that again feel free to discuss this in the community first. i might not be very active code wise these days, however, i am trying to stick around despite that. also, my offer to join the team is still open, however, if you want to join you got to make sure something like this will not happen again. franky five was kicked from the team because he thinks building leecher mods with ridiculous explanations at hands would be fine when it's not. i don't want this to happen to the team again. i would much rather like to have a reliable addition to the team so i can probably cut down on the work load without stalling Morph's development for lengthy periods of time.

You can be sure it was not my purpose to add any bad feature in MorphCA.
Only maybe my little other to figure some things. :flowers:

#12 User is offline   jerryBG 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:12 PM

point taken (regarding the USC) ;)

#13 User is offline   morph4u 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:57 PM

Updated first post to Hotfix version !

#14 User is offline   arturx 

• eMule Xtreme user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:07 PM

Post mirror updated with the hotfix version :+1:

#15 User is offline   Andrey23 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:24 AM

Thank you :)
Mirror:
eMule 0.50a MorphCA 1.9 Hotfix Binary
eMule 0.50a MorphCA 1.9 Hotfix Sources
All versions

eMule Security - Ip-filter, Safe Serverlist, nodes.dat for emule.

#16 User is offline   ]Axl[ 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:43 AM

My ipfilter_white.dat dont works...it is a bug or a feature of morphca?

#17 User is offline   morph4u 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2010 - 03:49 AM

Axl[' date='10 Oktober 2010 - 01:43 ' timestamp='1286671409' post='1055237']

removed in MorphCA whitelist. :angelnot:

#18 User is offline   Eulero 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:47 AM

Axl[' date='10 October 2010 - 02:43 AM' timestamp='1286671409' post='1055237']

side note: I think the white list is useless.
If you do not want to ban certain IP, do not put into IPfilter, simple.

#19 User is offline   LorenzoC 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:52 AM

It is not useless only in one case: you block everything BUT the ranges in the whitelist. Basically an "inverted" IPFilter.

Back to the friend feature: it is another thing that should be removed from Emule since it is in contradiction with the "sharing" philosophy. Any feature that requires to be "capped" is obviously wrong.

This post has been edited by LorenzoC: 10 October 2010 - 08:53 AM

#20 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:11 AM

just to give you some background, the idea for this feature was to be able to un-block IPs that are blocked without having to manually change the IPFilter. so if you got a server but it is in the IP filter list you can still connect to the server's eMule with a local eMule without loosing any security (which you would if you didn't update) or having to go through the trouble of manual editing. also, some times good servers are added to the IPFilter list by accident or because the creator was not aware. the white list helps you to manually correct the error quite easily, compared to editing that huge ass IPFilter most users use.

• Member Options

• (2 Pages)
  • +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users