Official eMule-Board: 7 Very Good Features - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

7 Very Good Features Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   hcmtnbiker 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 February 2006 - 11:55 PM

Direct Connection:
The Ability to chat with a user(sperate tab/window) share files, with the ability to "push" a file to the other(person A clicks send file to person B, person B accepts and the file transfer is started)

Fake File Checker:
K-lite has a new feature that will compare IPs(or possibly ClientIDs in eMule) against a blacklist, then will put an icon next to a potential fake

Chatrooms:
Ares Galaxy has chatroom capability, and i think it works very nicely, might even be able to add KAD support for it so its decentralized

More File Transfer/Library/Search Filters:
I'd like to see a filter so that you can type in a keyword and find the files by it searching through your File Transfers, also added support for library and search would be nice

Custom Filters:
Filters for searches that if they are found in the string of the filename, it will either advance them to the top of your results or send them to the bottom, or even simply flag them

Open/Preview with Option:
The ability to choose what application you open a file with, insted only with the windows default one

Better FileType Filter:
The ablity to filter by extensions as well as by rough types

-Thats all i have for right now

#2 User is offline   slowsilver 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:12 AM

While you're waiting for the answers from the devs it might be a good idea to look around, perhaps click the links for Docs or possibly Support - Do You Need Help? > New User Support. The least it can do is provide some lingo equivalents.
Some files are rare because nobody wants them.

eMule has enough anti-corruption measures.
-- SF, Oct 30 2005, 07:08 PM

#3 User is offline   Famerlor 

• also known as Spike2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:50 PM

lol :D Nearly ALL of your "FR"s are already implemented right now !!!!!

hcmtnbiker, on Feb 3 2006, 12:55 AM, said:

Direct Connection:
The Ability to chat with a user(sperate tab/window) share files, with the ability to "push" a file to the other(person A clicks send file to person B, person B accepts and the file transfer is started)

Is called "Message window" and "Friendslot".

Fake File Checker:
K-lite has a new feature that will compare IPs(or possibly ClientIDs in eMule) against a blacklist, then will put an icon next to a potential fake

IP-checking & filtering: IPfilter.
FakeCheck: Not in official, but in some mods.

Chatrooms:
Ares Galaxy has chatroom capability, and i think it works very nicely, might even be able to add KAD support for it so its decentralized

IRC-window.

More File Transfer/Library/Search Filters:
I'd like to see a filter so that you can type in a keyword and find the files by it searching through your File Transfers, also added support for library and search would be nice

STRG+F

Custom Filters:
Filters for searches that if they are found in the string of the filename, it will either advance them to the top of your results or send them to the bottom, or even simply flag them

?????

The ability to choose what application you open a file with, insted only with the windows default one

Okay, choosing which program should preview, that is really new..... at least one..

Better FileType Filter:
The ablity to filter by extensions as well as by rough types

Searching by extension is how it is done right now...!

At last: RTFM.

Greetz--

Spike2
Posted Image

You want a light mod with source-dropping, Powershare and WiZaRd's ClientAnalyzer ?
Try Spike2-Mod !

You rather want to stick to official eMule but don't want to miss all the new fixes and optimizations from the mods ?
Try OfFixed-Mod !

This post has been edited 1 time, the last time by God: Tomorrow, 12:74 PM

#4 User is offline   asturcon3 

• Miembro con bola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:11 PM

Famerlor, on Feb 3 2006, 06:50 PM, said:

Okay, choosing which program should preview, that is really new..... at least one..

For sure?

Read the docs here: http://www.emule-pro...8&rm=show_topic , and look for the chapter 'Different Preview Applications'
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 User is offline   hcmtnbiker 

• Pip

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:49 PM

Famerlor, on Feb 3 2006, 05:50 PM, said:

lol  :D Nearly ALL of your "FR"s are already implemented right now !!!!!

hcmtnbiker, on Feb 3 2006, 12:55 AM, said:

Direct Connection:

Is called "Message window" and "Friendslot".

Fake File Checker:

IP-checking & filtering: IPfilter.
FakeCheck: Not in official, but in some mods.

Chatrooms:

IRC-window.

Custom Filters:

?????

1. Message window and friend slot kinda sucks right now, more like DirectConnect by NeoModus would be a much better paradyme

2. Put this in the official most of the MODs have huge errors when they modify the source

3. I have to say that i've never seen anything as GOD-AWFUL as irc, this may be good for the 1% of people who are satisfied with it, but honestly IRC sucks

4. I believe Shareaza has the custom filters i am talking about, its kinda like the fake checker, except slightly differnt

#6 User is offline   Andu 

• Morph Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:20 PM

IRC is everything else but awful. I agree if you really want to enjoy all it has to offer you have to understand how it works and what you can do with it. But then again your chat desires are not really eMule's job to do.
That's what mirc and other chat clients are for. For Instant Messaging you can use MSN/ICQ/AOL/Trillian/whatever.
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Dark Lord of the Forum

Morph your Mule

Need a little help with your MorphXT? Click here

#7 User is offline   btomas 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 04 February 2006 - 09:16 PM

Hi,

I agree with anounced feature request and would like to add some more features:

I am bored with bugging me of "Don't be stupid - use modificated emule!". So I request an BAN in chat window for users like this to ignore them in the future. I see there is no more simple way to do so just to add ban. Am using very little chating but that blinking message anouncing about message in chat window is irotating me. I actualy don't ban anyone but these automated messengers I would like to ban from my chat window (Can be logged).

I very agree with better filtering feature in search window. For example using more characters such as stars "*good*.avi" in search window. That would be very good!

There is many fakes on emule. I would suggest to add one more column in downloading window with file creation date. This would be beneficial in finding more exact file. :thumbup:

I am very hoping that these features will be usefull not only for me but for other users too.

Cheers!

This post has been edited by btomas: 04 February 2006 - 09:19 PM

#8 User is offline   slowsilver 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:33 PM

:huh:
Some files are rare because nobody wants them.

eMule has enough anti-corruption measures.
-- SF, Oct 30 2005, 07:08 PM

#9 User is offline   Famerlor 

• also known as Spike2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2006 - 02:23 PM

asturcon3, on Feb 3 2006, 09:11 PM, said:

Famerlor, on Feb 3 2006, 06:50 PM, said:

For sure?

Read the docs here: http://www.emule-pro...8&rm=show_topic , and look for the chapter 'Different Preview Applications'
View Post

Okay, okay.... i correct:

"Okay, choosing which program should preview, is not new either.... not even one...."

:D
Posted Image

You want a light mod with source-dropping, Powershare and WiZaRd's ClientAnalyzer ?
Try Spike2-Mod !

You rather want to stick to official eMule but don't want to miss all the new fixes and optimizations from the mods ?
Try OfFixed-Mod !

This post has been edited 1 time, the last time by God: Tomorrow, 12:74 PM

#10 User is offline   MasterJunior 

• no more then I have to, if that. EndGame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2006 - 05:16 AM

STRG+F ???

WTH is STRG, lol, id like to try this out
I'm wasted away, i make a million mistakes, theres a storm in my head, it rains on my bed, when your not here, im not afraid of dyin, but i am afraid of loosing you, maybe im addicted, im outta control, but your the drug that keeps me from dyin, maybe im a liar, but all i really kno, is your the only reason im tryin, when your lying next to me, your love is flowing through to me oh its beautiful, everythings clear to me, untill i hit reality and then i loose it all...... I love you eMule!!!

Bored??? Release your inner mule and get involved with your favorite file sharing program, EMULE!!!!!! Check out my feature request.
Modifications!!!....................Speed Up eMule!!! Partly Done
On Queue 2........................Individual Max Sources/File Partly Done
Advanced Sorting.................Slot for Small Files
Easy Switching.Partly Done....Advanced Priority System
To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe

#11 User is offline   buzz 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:49 AM

Try Ctrl+F

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users