• +
  • « First

Neo Mule V4.55a (0.49b) +++ with nat traversal +++

#1241 User is offline   LorenzoC 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:27 PM

I think if you really really need some feature that is unique of this mod you can keep using it, otherwise you should update to one that is merged with the latest Emule codebase.

#1242 User is offline   Kadmium 

• Pip

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:25 PM

According to this Wikipedia article, NeoMule still has the most complete feature set:
http://en.wikipedia....Donkey_software

And it seems to be working properly now. I'm able to connect to both ED2K and Kad.

What would be the benefit of switching to a mod that is merged with the latest Emule codebase?

This post has been edited by Kadmium: 23 March 2011 - 05:26 PM

#1243 User is offline   LorenzoC 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:37 PM

The "complete feature set" is irrelevant. What makes the difference is what features you need.
By updating ANY software you get bug fixes, enhancements and new features. Go looking for the changelog.

#1244 User is offline   aaa3i 

• PipPip

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:38 PM

2 feature requests
may bless the Lord, the makers of all mods! greetings
i absolutely love neomule, the feature-complete wonder, but can the spreadbar from morph/stulle added? (hmm, oops - what is part traffic, maybe thats that?) and i surprisedly saw that in those, one of my pet wishes, text notes stored on friends, is realized. (in an elegant but non-noticeable way - should be present on client details subwindow aswell, and above the bare box some caption like ,,comment:'' should tell its a comment box) what about taking that as well? of course i mean when next will be out, whenever that will be i dont mind, it doesnt seems i could be taken away to any more recent other mod anyway ^^

mods are great!

This post has been edited by aaa3i: 09 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

neo & stulle user, if someone freaks out from zzratio, i recommend beba, though its much closer to original than these, but the only non-zz with suqwt & releaseprio (can be set for small files e.g.) for fairness -- Anoxie's pic
Posted Image
We want a somehowmutilatedin2acceptable4devs SUQWT into official! And more effective auto-UL-prio which heavy-handedly scores down well-spread files into very low, and scores up yet-inco's-on-t-network-butwhichhehas in2 high. More QR separation based on prio-s. And more intelligent UL chunk selection to help rare files even more. All these must be autoset and omnipresent, for us not to suffer from all the retards who dont care. And assignable text comments to friends (everybody is noname, how to remember when and why have we added 'em). And please, a BIG big red /whatever MORE visible and drastic/ warning to low-ids, both first-run &always when low, with explanation; instead of forced punishment of them... (i want to upload to them)... and renaming low and high id into "limited(please fix in config)" and "full connection"! with a nice explanation in t relevant configwindow - not just t setting boxes waiting there for filling; also the client ports box shd b t top, not line speed, with marking "Ports (IMPORTANT)" and removing "client", if possible in a red border, if not the whole box elevatedheightlooking like a button. probably conn should b 1st & folders 2nd group in the options! What use r all goodies when nothing is existing of them outside a few % of users... and ok i also like the idea of neo-style subchunk-sharing (useful with veryrares/grabbing the most from forever-incos), &protcl-extsn flagslist in client dets (looks cool, pretty & neat: ).
Feature-whining FTW!/WTF?/xD

#1245 User is offline   Mobandi 

• PipPip

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

I'm sorry to bother but I tried searching and couldn't find any answer
I added some folders to the shared files list, some of these files are text garbage and wanted to unshare them, right clicked on them and the "Unshare" menu item is grayed.
Has the feature been removed?

#1246 User is offline   Ramyth 

• PipPip

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

I have only 10kb upload for eMule... If I use this mod and limit upload to 10kb, will I get unlimited download speed?

My other question is does this mod has 1:3 ratio limitiation or something else like this?

Thank you very much.

#1247 User is offline   DavidXanatos 

• Neo Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

iirc. NeoMule behaves the same way the eMule version it bases on. That would be unlimited download when upload is above 10 kB/s and a 1:4 ratio when the upload is below 10 kB/s.
NeoLoader is a new file sharing client, supporting ed2k/eMule, Bittorent and one click hosters,
it is the first client to be able to download form multiple networks the same file.
NL provides the first fully decentralized scalable torrent and DDL keyword search,
it implements an own novel anonymous file sharing network, providing anonymity and deniability to its users,
as well as many other new features.
It is written in C++ with Qt and is available for Windows, Linux and MacOS.

#1248 User is offline   Ramyth 

• PipPip

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

Thank you for your fast answer... I'm using this mod and amazing performance, thank you very much.

#1249 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

View PostDavidXanatos, on 02 April 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

iirc.

IYRC?

;)
INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non č serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dā subito l'allegrIa! Immagine Postata

#1250 User is offline   THOR72 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

It is a real pleasure for Emule-Mods.it to present the interview that David Xanatos and Ekliptor, developers of the new client called NeoLoader, have kindly issued to us.
You can read it here in english and italian.

PS: if this is not the right place to post those kind of news, please move it in the correct place
Questa guerra non sarā mai dimenticata ... nč gli eroi che la combatteranno! (Troy)

Posted Image

Vote for the best Mods - Top Rated Mods: 1° Xtreme - 2° MorphXT - 3° beba

Interviews by Emule-Mods.it
NeoLoader devs interview (ITA) (ENG)
kMule devs interview (ITA) (ENG) (GER) (CHN)
eMule devs interview (ITA) (ENG)

#1251 User is offline   Zangune 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

I guess the right place is Offtopic & Whiners

#1252 User is offline   Tuxman 

• lizzie and prog-rock fanatic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Validating

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

Heh heh, that liar really calls the NeoLoader a "sharing" application. Now guess what.
I wonder how the NeoLoader "shares" files via Rapidshare etc.

This post has been edited by Tuxman: 02 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

[ eMule beba ] :: v2.72 released, v3.00 in the works ...
- feel the lightweight! - featuring Snarl support, the Client Analyzer and tits!
Coded by a Golden eMule Award winner and most people's favorite modder!
Music, not muzak:
Progressive Rock :: my last.fm profile
eMule user since 0.28 ...
-[ ... and thanks for all the fish! ]-

#1253 User is offline   DavidXanatos 

• Neo Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

NeoLoader Uploads file parts to hosters like rapidshare automatically when compatible clients request the file and it is not yet available on hosters.
The feature is called hostercache and its conceptually similar to webcache just that it is global and the cached parts are much larger and are usually retained for much longer.

The user also has the option to manually order any file to be fully uploaded to selected hosters.

All hoster links are indexed in NeoKad and made available for source lookups

As explained in the interview, with NeoLoader you can have the feeling if P2P filesharing without having actually to do any P2P connections, simply by putting a hoster in between the sharing parties, what to upload to hosters is not solly Dependant on requests through the P2P channel but can also be managed using the NeoKad network.

David X.
NeoLoader is a new file sharing client, supporting ed2k/eMule, Bittorent and one click hosters,
it is the first client to be able to download form multiple networks the same file.
NL provides the first fully decentralized scalable torrent and DDL keyword search,
it implements an own novel anonymous file sharing network, providing anonymity and deniability to its users,

#1254 User is offline   Neoo26 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

View PostDavidXanatos, on 02 November 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

As explained in the interview, with NeoLoader you can have the feeling if P2P filesharing without having actually to do any P2P connections, simply by putting a hoster in between the sharing parties, what to upload to hosters is not solly Dependant on requests through the P2P channel but can also be managed using the NeoKad network.

Or you can disable the hoster cache and keep using it as classic p2p application :)

#1255 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• Man, what a bunch of jokers...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:33 AM

David, are you sure the ed2k part of your "NeoLoader" is working and sharing correctly?

The reason I'm asking is that it's behaving very badly towards my kMule Beta build.
Let me elaborate:
First of all, it ALWAYS shows NO parts at all (neither normal nor SCT) while downloading AND COMPLETING parts off me. After that, I obviously receive a new partstatus with no shown parts? It already downloaded ~3 chunks off me and shows zero progress. :confused:

Second, it seems to sometimes send invalid Kad data. Pity I didn't store the logs... oh wait, while writing I saw kMule stored them:
02.11.2013 15:31:14: Invalid Kad tag; type=0x08 lenName=50689 name=0xcd
You mentioned - several times here and in your interview - that you do not interfere with *mule Kad but that log line obviously indicates otherwise.
I know this log doesn't prove anything and *mule is lacking extended log information for such errors (may be worth adding it, though) but this is a log I receive *only* when having NeoLoader in my dl list (build v0.41 if you care). :-k

I did not check your ed2k implementation, but I hope you do not allow leeching the network without uploading? <_<

#1256 User is offline   DavidXanatos 

• Neo Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

Some older builds had a bug in the SCT part status, but that should be fixed.
I will test the part status code again though.
EDIT: at least with a plain vanila eMule it works properly...

>02.11.2013 15:31:14: Invalid Kad tag; type=0x08 lenName=50689 name=0xcd
hmm... this message seams to come when the CDataIO::ReadTag fails ...
not sure why is that.
There should be no new tag types at all,
you can check out the kad code at https://gitorious.org/mulekad/mulekad

>I did not check your ed2k implementation, but I hope you do not allow leeching the network without uploading?
You can not enable/disable upload or download per network,
just the entire support for a given network.

This post has been edited by DavidXanatos: 03 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

#1257 User is offline   Neoo26 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:07 PM

The SCT bug is not fixed, I don't know how it show the chunks, but the "SCT chunks" downloaded always end in a corrupted data and are impossible to get.
The other seems to be received and uploaded normally... with a testfile (where there was also kMule beta builds) I have uploaded some complete chunks while trying (without success) to get "SCT chunks".

I don't know more details regarding *mule part since I use torrent only usually, and there are a lot of bugs even in torrent side.

• Member Options

• (63 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users