Official eMule-Board: On Emule Crash - Official eMule-Board

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

On Emule Crash Create dump to help us debugging...

#21 User is offline   Burnie Burnerson 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 March 2006 - 12:28 AM

bencu, on Feb 25 2006, 01:45 AM, said:

@wackedwon

Firstly, thanks for your interest.

I know what a bad (or currupted) part is. And what eMule does. But i said v0.47a could not fixed or solved the problem, it crashed. the previous version v0.46c fixed it.

And i asked that is there a bug about fixing the bad parts in the new version.

Thanks.
View Post

Hey Wackedwon thanks a bunch! :) I took your advice RE: Kadelimia network and as long as I don't stay on the kad network too much my mule stays on way longer. Still pretty sensitve though and I'll continue to dink around with its settings. As far as your thoughts on the RIAA, well I'd have to say theres at least a 90-95% chance we'll adopt similar Corporate Facist trademark laws in the near future! :-1: Have fun with it while you can. :cool2:

#22 User is offline   rsspatrick 

• Pip

Posted 01 March 2006 - 04:51 PM

My 866MHz Win2k pc with 512megs ram crashes useing 47a. :( It runs good but after several hours it gets touchy. If after 4-6 hours I click on statistics, the screen freeks out and pc is dead. Have to reboot and untagle all the part.mets because when I wordpad 020.part.met it may have all the file information of 085.part.met. Usually a dozen of the downloads are scrambled in this way. If I leave them alone and run the mule, some say cant load file and other part files get their mets deleted so I have to manually go thru them all so as not to loose any partfiles. I have the statistics setup to show 4 hours of back data. If I dont touch anything it will run most of the day before freaking out on its own. Its as if it suddenly runs out of memory somehow but task manager says there is plenty of memory. Am I the only one this happens to?

#23 User is offline   reuptoohard 

• Pip

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:41 PM

i get an error report saying theres a problem with the ntdll

#24 User is offline   krshna 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2006 - 10:20 AM

I had crated on preferences ini, section emule, i add the line : CREATECRASHDUMP=1, but my morph 8.9 still closes, bwcause windows found a problem in emule.exe and needs to close. No crash dump was created.

Thanks.

#25 User is offline   lordpake 

• Hiding in the wall
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2006 - 11:33 AM

krshna, on Apr 2 2006, 01:20 PM, said:

morph 8.9 still closes, bwcause windows found a problem in emule.exe and needs to close. No crash dump was created.

MorphXT issues are best handled at here.
#eMule-Finland @ irc.mindforge.org ~ both English and Finnish will do ^^

My system specs are --> here <-- | Netizen's guide to Flame Warriors | Spyware problems? Try LandzDown Forum

#26 User is offline   gsmgsa 

• Pip

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:19 PM

EMULE caused an invalid page fault in
module KERNEL32.DLL at 0177:bff7b997.
Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=0177 EIP=bff7b997 EFLGS=00000246
EBX=00000000 SS=017f ESP=00cfcd40 EBP=00cfcd54
ECX=00e22b80 DS=017f ESI=00e22be8 FS=4967
EDX=00d14250 ES=017f EDI=00e22be8 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
ff 76 04 e8 26 89 ff ff 5e c2 04 00 56 8b 74 24
Stack dump:
00e22b80 70e0eb88 00e22be8 00e22c40 00d142c8 00cfcd78 70e0c50f 00d14904 00001000 00cfcd74 00000000 00d142c8 00000000 00000000 00cfcd94 70e06cbe
I'm going nuts! Is there ANYBODY that can help me?
Thanx!!!!

#27 User is offline   djupp 

• Pip

Posted 15 April 2006 - 02:44 AM

Hey guys and girls! :)
I'm not the one that would go bothering you with some kind of stuff I could solve myself.
I really do want to help you solve the apparent problem eMule gets since Version 47a.
Well actually I created the dump-file-creation-line in the configfile, but it won't work. It will ask me to make a dumpfile when no crash occured, but not when the crash occured. Now I still have some more or less viable information for you. First Platform/System environment:

Windows XP, SP2, Up-to-date
Asus A8VN-SLI
1GB Ram
AMD X2 4200+
Nvidia GeForce 6600
(so not the best, but still a pc that should be able to run emule, i guess :D)

Ok, the problem occurs ONLY if emule is running, and ONLY when emule is connected to Kademilia network. If so, the crash will occur about 10-20 minutes after eMule has connected to Kademilia network. Note I can use emule for hours when kademilia is deactivated.
The crash does something like a memory loophole, means that the memory usage of emule rises constantly while it doesn't react. I let it hang once for an hour or so, and memory usage got to a total of about 300MB. Also CPU Usage is shown with 50% (dual-core CPU means that one core is under full load).
I tried to:
Lessen the max. connections, hard-limit, etc.
Use alternate network connection
Deactivate Anti-Virus product (Avira Anti-Vir)
Deactivate Windows Firewall
Close any process that could have smth to do with emule (except for system processes)
-> Bug still occured

If you need any more information just mail me

I hope this is some kind of help for you, looking forward to see emule .48 out soon :D
and yeah I'm sorry I never learned C++, If i can be of any other help, you know what to do :)

greetz
djupp

PS: thanks for the great job you're all doing

#28 User is offline   djupp 

• Pip

Posted 29 April 2006 - 12:34 PM

wackedwon, on Apr 16 2006, 04:31 PM, said:

DISABLE ANTI-VIRUS AND FIREWALL? ARE YOU INSANE? Is this what you are to do when you "want" to create a dumpfile? Please elaborate on this..KAD HAS WORMS/hacks...HMMMMM..I've attempted so many ways to "create" a dumpfile, but to no avail....and to disable the very things that "protect" your pc [only if your connection is disabled]? That's taking a big chance...HAHAHAHAH...I've left the "default" settings as they are installed...and been running emule 47a for 12 days straight...NO PROBS...the major issue is win XP'S "lack of leaving hardware drivers alone", and letting the user decide on the drivers for their hardware...MAJOR HARDWARE DRIVER ISSUES. That's my biggest gripe, alot of this isn't emule's fault...I've had to  "physically" overwrite WINXP drivers according to what hardware your installing, THAT IS instilled in WINXP...ESPECIALLY FOR THE NETWORK CARD....AND keep your security features enabled AT ALL TIMES!! G'luck....oh, and by the way, you can check your conflicts from within windows, to see where the actual problem lies....PEACE!!!  MULE RULZ! :devil:  :shock:
View Post

Dunno exactly what you're talking about the drivers. All properly installed and no conflicts IMO. Don't believe Windows anyway. Talks rubbish all the time :D
About AV and Firewall. I don't deactivate them for a long time. But I had to, because it was mentioned there could be conflicts of emule and AV/Firewall. And I still can watch for a save PC. Just do a full system scan after you did the experiments...
Now whatsoever plz explain more about the driver issue...
greez

#29 User is offline   wackedwon 

• PipPip

Posted 29 April 2006 - 01:18 PM

djupp, on Apr 29 2006, 08:34 AM, said:

wackedwon, on Apr 16 2006, 04:31 PM, said:

DISABLE ANTI-VIRUS AND FIREWALL? ARE YOU INSANE? Is this what you are to do when you "want" to create a dumpfile? Please elaborate on this..KAD HAS WORMS/hacks...HMMMMM..I've attempted so many ways to "create" a dumpfile, but to no avail....and to disable the very things that "protect" your pc [only if your connection is disabled]? That's taking a big chance...HAHAHAHAH...I've left the "default" settings as they are installed...and been running emule 47a for 12 days straight...NO PROBS...the major issue is win XP'S "lack of leaving hardware drivers alone", and letting the user decide on the drivers for their hardware...MAJOR HARDWARE DRIVER ISSUES. That's my biggest gripe, alot of this isn't emule's fault...I've had to  "physically" overwrite WINXP drivers according to what hardware your installing, THAT IS instilled in WINXP...ESPECIALLY FOR THE NETWORK CARD....AND keep your security features enabled AT ALL TIMES!! G'luck....oh, and by the way, you can check your conflicts from within windows, to see where the actual problem lies....PEACE!!!   MULE RULZ! :devil:  :shock:
View Post

Dunno exactly what you're talking about the drivers. All properly installed and no conflicts IMO. Don't believe Windows anyway. Talks rubbish all the time :D
About AV and Firewall. I don't deactivate them for a long time. But I had to, because it was mentioned there could be conflicts of emule and AV/Firewall. And I still can watch for a save PC. Just do a full system scan after you did the experiments...
Now whatsoever plz explain more about the driver issue...
greez
View Post

your obviously retarded to the faCt of which i've explained this to you..my ten year old son can understand fully what i explained, CAN'T YOU?..YOU'LL FIGURE IT OUT, IF YOU COULDN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT I'VE EXPLAINED, JUST RESEARCH THE FORUMS....DUM DEDE DUM :hammer2:
:bounce:

#30 User is offline   Drainuzzo 

• Pip

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:42 AM

djupp, on Apr 15 2006, 03:44 AM, said:

Hey guys and girls! :)
I'm not the one that would go bothering you with some kind of stuff I could solve myself.
I really do want to help you solve the apparent problem eMule gets since Version 47a.
Well actually I created the dump-file-creation-line in the configfile, but it won't work. It will ask me to make a dumpfile when no crash occured, but not when the crash occured. Now I still have some more or less viable information for you. First Platform/System environment:

Windows XP, SP2, Up-to-date
Asus A8VN-SLI
1GB Ram
AMD X2 4200+
Nvidia GeForce 6600
(so not the best, but still a pc that should be able to run emule, i guess :D)

Ok, the problem occurs ONLY if emule is running, and ONLY when emule is connected to Kademilia network. If so, the crash will occur about 10-20 minutes after eMule has connected to Kademilia network. Note I can use emule for hours when kademilia is deactivated.
The crash does something like a memory loophole, means that the memory usage of emule rises constantly while it doesn't react. I let it hang once for an hour or so, and memory usage got to a total of about 300MB. Also CPU Usage is shown with 50% (dual-core CPU means that one core is under full load).
I tried to:
Lessen the max. connections, hard-limit, etc.
Use alternate network connection
Deactivate Anti-Virus product (Avira Anti-Vir)
Deactivate Windows Firewall
Close any process that could have smth to do with emule (except for system processes)
-> Bug still occured

If you need any more information just mail me

I hope this is some kind of help for you, looking forward to see emule .48 out soon :D
and yeah I'm sorry I never learned C++, If i can be of any other help, you know what to do :)

greetz
djupp

PS: thanks for the great job you're all doing
View Post

i have the same problem, is there a solution to this case?
emule 0.46 works better with amd x2 hardware?
thank you

#31 User is offline   Havenard 

• Pip

Posted 05 June 2006 - 07:35 PM

I know where the bug is!
Well, let me start from the beggining... all eMule versions I installed here always crashes. Sometimes it takes 1 day, sometimes it takes 2 days... but yesterday I tried a new thing: I almost never let files being shared, because my connection is very slow, but I decided to share all my MP3 files (580 files). My eMule crashed every 10 minutes.
I'm programmer too, I didn't looked at the source yet but I think its related to the Upload Queue, that become very "movimented" (I don't know if it's the right word in english)... anyway, I just tought you should check it out. I can see the other "superficial" posts aren't helping too much.
My current eMule version is 0.47a

This post has been edited by Havenard: 05 June 2006 - 07:36 PM

#32 User is offline   white lightning 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2006 - 07:58 PM

@Drainuzzo

I'd suggest to control if you have Nvidia Firewall active .
rEally lOve eMule & tHis fOrum

#33 User is offline   Rusé Renard 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 11 June 2006 - 09:44 AM

Hi !

I know I'm not the only one having the following prob, but I didn't find the answer to fix it till now. If someone is able to help me I will be longlife gratefull :xmas:

When EMule (version 0.46c) is running, it usually doesn't last long. A crash happens, restarting the PC. Often after a few minutes and sometimes few seconds ! :devil:

My PC run with a W2k . . . I don't know if more informations are usefull as last year all ran so nicely. It began to bug when I installed the new version (0.47a). After some weeks I removed it to reinstall the previous version. :ph34r: But the problem stays.

Have someone any idea ?

#34 User is offline   lordpake 

• Hiding in the wall
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2006 - 10:08 AM

Rusé Renard, on Jun 11 2006, 12:44 PM, said:

When EMule (version 0.46c) is running, it usually doesn't last long. A crash happens, restarting the PC. Often after a few minutes and sometimes few seconds !  :devil:

Please have a look at this thread here. PC restarting indicates blue-screen-of-death, which to me tells you have possibly some driver problem.
#eMule-Finland @ irc.mindforge.org ~ both English and Finnish will do ^^

My system specs are --> here <-- | Netizen's guide to Flame Warriors | Spyware problems? Try LandzDown Forum

#35 User is offline   bencu 

• Pip

Posted 23 June 2006 - 08:05 AM

I have my eMule crashed. How can i send you dump file?

#36 User is offline   PacoBell 

• Professional Lurker ¬_¬ (so kyoot!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 23 June 2006 - 08:43 AM

bencu, on Jun 23 2006, 01:05 AM, said:

I have my eMule crashed. How can i send you dump file?
View Post
Edit the Preferences.ini. HTH.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes
Math is delicious!
MmMm! Mauna Loa Milk Chocolate Toffee Macadamias are little drops of Heaven ^_^
Si vis pacem, para bellum DIE SPAMMERS DIE!

#37 User is offline   juan_nospam 

• Pip

Posted 09 July 2006 - 04:35 AM

I'm suffering crashes to the point of emule being unusable.

I've enabled CreateCrashDump=1 in the [eMule] section but it ain't asking me to send the report so here i am.

System:
Emule 0.47a
Windows XP SP2 Up to date with Windows Update
Clean system: AVG + Antivir + Adware + Spybot (Only AVG resident, others on demand)
Pentium D 2.4 GHZ
1 GB RAM

Problem:
Emule worked fine por several weeks, never bothered me. But now it is very "touchy" (lack of a better word...) it starts ok, it connects to ed2k and Kad (High id in both).

The problem is that I can't minimize it or send it to systray, because whenever I try to check up on it again it will probably crash ("probably" being about 80% of the times, it seems to be random).

The problem began a couple days ago, and it keeps getting worse. I haven't done anything special with either my system or emule configuration. The only thing was that I updated my graphic drivers (Nvidia) to the latest version (forceware 91.31) and it installed the Nvidia control panel (running by default always).

Any help? (Nevermind my english)

[UPDATE]

I'm playing with it, downgraded to emule 0.46c and the problem persisted. Disabled the Nvidia Display Driver Service to no avail. Now i've disabled Kad and the problem seems to be solved.

This post has been edited by juan_nospam: 10 July 2006 - 08:01 PM

#38 User is offline   briton 

• Pip

Posted 11 September 2006 - 05:31 PM

Thanks for the great work you do for us all. I hadn't done the .ini edit before this crash.

NVidia nForce MCP Network via VoIP MTA via DSL Modem/Router.
Configuration worked fine until latest update (from 0.47a to 0.47b)

After update eMule worked fine as before all night mostly uploading. Then it crashed while I was browsing in IE. Here is what I got:

Standard eMule error dialog box. For more information, click here produced Error Signature:

AppName: eMule.exe
AppVer: 0.47.1.65
ModName: ntdll.dll
Offset: 00001010

To view technical information about the error report produced an error report file which I can send if you want. (Can we attach files to posts?)

If it happens again and you haven't had a dump, I'll send one. In the meantime, thought you might like to know there is a potential problem with the latest update.

#39 User is offline   Loyd12345 

• Pip

Posted 22 September 2006 - 03:39 AM

hello me my problem it is that I lode the instalation of the update of Follower but nothing fonctione. it has just a black screen and its disappear. I does what?

#40 User is offline   lynxfeet 

• PipPip

Post icon  Posted 30 September 2006 - 04:54 AM

View PostLoyd12345, on Sep 22 2006, 01:39 PM, said:

hello me my problem it is that I lode the instalation of the update of Follower but nothing fonctione. it has just a black screen and its disappear. I does what?

my emule 0.47c keep on reporting problem like this

9/30/2006 6:14:05 AM: received an IP: 128.111.48.187, NAFC-Adapter will be checked
9/30/2006 6:18:04 AM: received an IP: 128.111.48.187, NAFC-Adapter will be checked

but it seems my adapter is ok, uTorrent and winny are all ok, run quite smoothly and fast
only emule almost halted :bounce:

• Member Options

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users