Official eMule-Board: Partfile Plugin For Vlc 1.0.5 - Official eMule-Board

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Partfile Plugin For Vlc 1.0.5 Download it here...

#41 User is offline   PacoBell 

• Professional Lurker ¬_¬ (so kyoot!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 15 February 2005 - 01:01 AM

QQ, on Feb 14 2005, 01:21 PM, said:

now if only we could track what did they change, and make our own demuxing plugin;p
View Post
Well, technically you can. All their previous source is available on on their site. It's just gonna be a bugger of a time sorting it all out :cry2:

QQ, on Feb 14 2005, 01:28 PM, said:

his one offered different types of processing gaps, but unfortunately didnt work as good as 0.6.2 either :(
View Post
"different types"? What exactly do you mean by that? You mean his plugin honored the AVI structures, keyframes, etc.?
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes
Math is delicious!
MmMm! Mauna Loa Milk Chocolate Toffee Macadamias are little drops of Heaven ^_^
Si vis pacem, para bellum DIE SPAMMERS DIE!

#42 User is offline   QQ 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 February 2005 - 03:36 PM

no. it allowed to fill gaps with zeroes, remove them, or do something else.. which doesnt really matter cause it's still "broken";) so it didnt really work good :(

#43 User is offline   MasterJunior 

• no more then I have to, if that. EndGame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:35 PM

IT WORKS IT WORKS! :D

Theres 1 thing though, you have to change the settings around to get it to work when you preview different files. There the same file type, AVIs. Maybe different codects and stuff. Anyone else get this problem?
I'm wasted away, i make a million mistakes, theres a storm in my head, it rains on my bed, when your not here, im not afraid of dyin, but i am afraid of loosing you, maybe im addicted, im outta control, but your the drug that keeps me from dyin, maybe im a liar, but all i really kno, is your the only reason im tryin, when your lying next to me, your love is flowing through to me oh its beautiful, everythings clear to me, untill i hit reality and then i loose it all...... I love you eMule!!!

Bored??? Release your inner mule and get involved with your favorite file sharing program, EMULE!!!!!! Check out my feature request.
Modifications!!!....................Speed Up eMule!!! Partly Done
On Queue 2........................Individual Max Sources/File Partly Done
Advanced Sorting.................Slot for Small Files
Easy Switching.Partly Done....Advanced Priority System
To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe

#44 User is offline   gulp 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:53 PM

Thanks for your work.

#45 User is offline   emulian 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2005 - 04:17 PM

when i see a video preview in emule using videolan i would like see in navigation play bar of videolan marked zone where video preview is available so i don't must scrolling randomly with mouse to search available parts for preview...
it's possible insert this feature in plugin???
thank you

#46 User is offline   PacoBell 

• Professional Lurker ¬_¬ (so kyoot!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 22 February 2005 - 05:41 PM

The partfile plugin for VLC already extracts all the complete blocks from the gaplist and concatenates them into a new contiguous stream. Therefore, all the parts are available for preview. Now, whether those parts will be seekable is another matter entirely. Since the plugin doesn't go so far as to scan for AVI structure compliance or attempt to crop to keyframe boundaries, seeking will generally be rough indeed. HTH.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes
Math is delicious!
MmMm! Mauna Loa Milk Chocolate Toffee Macadamias are little drops of Heaven ^_^
Si vis pacem, para bellum DIE SPAMMERS DIE!

#47 User is offline   chrish 

• Pip

Posted 08 March 2005 - 04:14 PM

Hi,

first thanks to Cybermutant for the work on updating the plugin.
I myself (tried to) adapt(ed) the old source for 0.7.2 to vlc 0.8.1 (and even gcc) these days (sure, before I found it here ;-) ).
Athough my binary worked, I doesn't really analyzed the whole source or even tried to make it better. However, my source differs only little to Cybermutant's.

My question now is:
Are there any plans to make Cybermutant's version the new official plugin now (if the eMule Team is interested), since little has changed in the partfile-specific code? I ask this because Cybermutant's version is hard to find if you don't know were to search, and the eMule Development Forum is only visible to registered members, so only these can get the downloadlink of the plugin :( .

Best regards
Christoph

This post has been edited by chrish: 08 March 2005 - 09:53 PM

#48 User is offline   PhiloHippus 

• PipPip

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:06 PM

Hi Cybermutant

First of all, thank you very much for having coded this updated plugin... as far as previews are concerned it is working flawlessly.

There is however one problem with the plugin: Ever since I installed it I can no longer use VLC as a standard player. When I try to open a file with VLC it crashes returning the following error:

Posted Image

If I delete the partfile plugin dll it goes back to normal so it's definitely pinpointed to the plugin.

I got used to using VLC as a player because it is codec independant, so I usually reccomend people to use it instead of going on and on looking for decent codec packs. I also have ffdshow installed so it's no big deal if I can't use VLC as a player, and I can always reinstall it in a separate folder to use one as player and the other as previewer, but it would be nice to have it back to 100% while the partfile plugin is present.

Do you think this can be fixed?

Cheers

#49 User is offline   Cybermutant 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:05 PM

Surely it can be fixed, but we need to identify what's causing the crash. I'll have a few questions for you:

- Are you using the exact original VLC 0.8.1 binary release from VideoLAN, or did you build it from the source code yourself?
- Are you using the partfile access module binary I have released here or, again, is it a custom build?
- What are your partfile access module settings (have you enabled the "handle all files" option for instance)?
- How do you open the files (from VLC File->Open menu, drag&drop, double-click on file... )?
- Does the crash occur with every file you try to open, or is it limited to files of some specific type, size, extension, audio/video codec, etc?

Unless you enable the "handle all files" option, the plugin first looks for a matching part.met, if it can't find one, it just quits with a message telling VLC it doesn't support the file and VLC keeps trying other access modules. This is quite a simple operation and shouldn't crash VLC (at least I wouldn't expect it to). Maybe I did miss some tiny detail in the code, I don't know. We'll see :)

This post has been edited by Cybermutant: 06 April 2005 - 09:08 PM

#50 User is offline   Kmurray 

• Atom
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2005 - 12:24 PM

CyberMutant would you care to check out this link and read the forum and tell me if you can help with a problem im having! Thanx.

http://forum.emule-p...=0&#entry530208
---------------------------
The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience and ability.

#51 User is offline   PhiloHippus 

• PipPip

Posted 11 April 2005 - 01:14 AM

Cybermutant, on Apr 6 2005, 09:05 PM, said:

Surely it can be fixed, but we need to identify what's causing the crash. I'll have a few questions for you:

- Are you using the exact original VLC 0.8.1 binary release from VideoLAN, or did you build it from the source code yourself?
Original binary

- What are your partfile access module settings (have you enabled the "handle all files" option for instance)?
I did have the "handle all files" option selected actually, and the problem does disappear if I unselect it.

- How do you open the files (from VLC File->Open menu, drag&drop, double-click on file... )?
Either by drag and drop or open option in the file menu.

- Does the crash occur with every file you try to open, or is it limited to files of some specific type, size, extension, audio/video codec, etc?
Every single file, what ever the format or multimedia content

Well, deselecting the handle all files option certainly worked around the crash, so the problem is getting more and more irrelevant... still, it does crash if the mentioned option is on, as avoidable as this crash may be.

Cheers

#52 User is offline   Cybermutant 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:25 AM

PhiloHippus, on Apr 11 2005, 03:14 AM, said:

Well, deselecting the handle all files option certainly worked around the crash, so the problem is getting more and more irrelevant... still, it does crash if the mentioned option is on, as avoidable as this crash may be.
View Post

The "Handle all files" option was added by the original author of the plugin to work around a bug in VLC's own file access module at the time. I believe that bug has already been fixed in VLC, but I wasn't 100% sure and so I decided to keep the option, just in case. I don't think there's any real benefit in enabling this option with the current versions of VLC anymore, and I will probably remove it in the next release of the plugin. You may safely leave it disabled for now :)

#53 User is offline   tell 

• Pip

Posted 19 April 2005 - 01:43 AM

can you tell me where l can find the part file plugin to work with 8.0 please.

Cybermutant, on Feb 4 2005, 01:20 PM, said:

Edit: The new version of the plugin is available now, get it here:And this was the first post:
I have updated the VLC part file plugin to work with the 0.8.1 version of VideoLAN Client, and if possible, I'd like to have the developers' (and especially Bluecow's) opinion/approval first before releasing it. I know that Bluecow has retired from eMule development, I tried to PM him anyway but my message was not delivered (Inbox full). If the other devs are able to reach him, or if someone has taken over the plugin project from Bluecow, please let me know.

Best regards...

View Post

#54 User is offline   Cybermutant 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:58 PM

tell, on Apr 19 2005, 03:43 AM, said:

can you tell me where l can find the part file plugin to work with 8.0 please.

By the time I started work on the plugin, VLC had already hit version 0.8.1; so there has never been a plugin for the 0.8.0 version.

#55 User is offline   starbuck28 

• PipPip

Posted 05 May 2005 - 08:26 PM

Hello Cybermutant,

I am using aMule 2.0.0 with vlc 0.8.1 on SuSE Linux 9.3.

Now I want to use the partfile plugn with the Linux version of vlc.

I have downloaded the vlc sources, libs and the source code for the partfile
plugin.

I have made the changes in

/home/username/vlc-0.8.1/configure.ac
/home/username/vlc-0.8.1/modules/access/Modules.am

as stated.

But since we only want the plugin, we'll
take a shortcut. Run the "toolbox" script as follows in order to generate some
necessary include files:

.... After
prompt> ./toolbox --update-includes

A "Make" in ./modules/access didn't build the partfile plugin.

What's wrong here? The other "standard" plugins were built without any error.

What must I do to build this plugin correctly under Linux?

A step by step guide might be helpful.

best regards
starbuck28

This post has been edited by starbuck28: 05 May 2005 - 08:26 PM

#56 User is offline   gulp 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2005 - 05:36 PM

the plugins works very well for mpeg files... but when i try to play incomplete part file of an AVI... vlc stop to reproduce at the first gap.
Is this normal?
I've selected all in the "emule Part file input" of plugin.

#57 User is offline   Cybermutant 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2005 - 11:58 PM

starbuck28, on May 5 2005, 10:26 PM, said:

What must I do to build this plugin correctly under Linux?

A step by step guide might be helpful.
Honestly, I have no experience building VLC under Linux. However, the Cygwin environment is quite similar to Linux and I had thought that the build procedure would be the same. You say that other standard modules are built without problems; do you see any error messages relating to the part file module during the build?

PS: In Windows, it is possible to build only the part file module by typing make libaccess_partfile_plugin.dll in modules/access. Under Linux, that will probably be something like make libaccess_partfile_plugin.so.

gulp, on May 8 2005, 07:36 PM, said:

the plugins works very well for mpeg files... but when i try to play incomplete part file of an AVI... vlc stop to reproduce at the first gap.
Is this normal?
I've selected all in the "emule Part file input" of plugin.
De-select "Provide seekable stream" options of AVI part files and other part files, and also don't "enable the plugin for all types of files". These options make the preview of AVI files more difficult.

#58 User is offline   dEM0nsTAr 

• PipPip

Post icon  Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:49 AM

VLC 0.8.2 Final is available.
Perhaps you can update the plugin?

THX!

#59 User is offline   InUtero 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2005 - 11:33 AM