• (4 Pages)
  • +

Sr13-importparts-003 (45b Based) Last Updated: 2005/04/07

#21 User is offline   roversr13 

• -=/ SR 13 /=-
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 December 2004 - 08:28 AM

Hmm, strange. Original post does not have this space and no line feed before last / as well, but no matter what I do - tried to wrap links in code and codebox BB tags - after I click submit this space and line feed appear again.

#22 User is offline   elconi13 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2004 - 04:29 PM

Don't worry... it happens all the time... if you paste an ed2k link here you'll always got a space in front of the " . " prior to the extension and very often another space in front the final " / " when copying the link back to paste it to eMule... :)

Cheers
I've been looking so long at these pictures of you that I almost belive that they're real.

I've been living so long with my pictures of you that I almost believe that the pictures are all I can feel.

#23 User is offline   Death Knight 

• PipPip

Posted 21 December 2004 - 11:41 PM

Sr13-importparts-001 has a bugs...
It writes data to the Buffer! It seams normal but since there is no multithreading, all data stored up to Memory (RAM)...
It consumes all of ram in a minute... If you don't use Virtual Ram (like me) you get the low virtual ram warning. :) and it imports data how you have a free memory.. :)

If you have virtual ram, than computer is gets slow and slow...

I don't tested it but It will generate error at 2 GB filesize...
Because at f.seek(....) function, master get tired and forgot to put (uint32) :(

f.Seek(part*PARTSIZE,CFile::begin); // at Original file...

f.Seek((uint32)part*PARTSIZE,CFile::begin); // Death Knight 2GB bug fix ;)

#24 User is offline   roversr13 

• -=/ SR 13 /=-
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 December 2004 - 12:41 PM

Death Knight, on Dec 22 2004, 02:41 AM, said:

Sr13-importparts-001 has a bugs...
It writes data to the Buffer! It seams normal but since there is no multithreading, all data stored up to Memory (RAM)...
It consumes all of ram in a minute... If you don't use Virtual Ram (like me) you get the low virtual ram warning. :) and it imports data how you have a free memory.. :)
View Post

Hmm, I thought WriteToBuffer takes care about dumping data once in a while. Well, anyway, thanks to SiRoB, next version will be threaded anyway, so it will be no longer a problem.

Death Knight, on Dec 22 2004, 02:41 AM, said:

f.Seek(part*PARTSIZE,CFile::begin);  // at Original file...
f.Seek((uint32)part*PARTSIZE,CFile::begin); // Death Knight 2GB bug fix  ;)
View Post

I think it is just better to change part type to uint32, as there are already at least one more cast.

Can you please try replacing int32 part; to uint32 part; and removing cast from if(part*PARTSIZE>fileSize) and then tell me if it works with >2Gb files (I don't have one available right now and PC I'm using right now is just too slow for such test).

#25 User is offline   roversr13 

• -=/ SR 13 /=-
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2004 - 12:09 PM

I've just released next version. Enjoy. Changes history is on same page with binaries.

#26 Guest_DarkwingDuck_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 January 2005 - 01:15 PM

@roversr13

there are no sources in emule for your mod.
maybe you can reshare it? or is there a direct download?

dwd

#27 User is offline   roversr13 

• -=/ SR 13 /=-
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2005 - 01:28 PM

Ver. 001 should be around. 002 is unavailable, because I've moved to another flat and there's were holidays as well, so I didn't set up internet there yet. :) If you need it, I can send you copy directly and I would appreciate someone sharing in on ed2k.

#28 User is offline   lucky644 

• Pip

Posted 01 February 2005 - 11:11 PM

roversr13, on Jan 17 2005, 05:28 AM, said:

Ver. 001 should be around. 002 is unavailable, because I've moved to another flat and there's were holidays as well, so I didn't set up internet there yet. :) If you need it, I can send you copy directly and I would appreciate someone sharing in on ed2k.
View Post

I am looking for 002 :)

#29 User is offline   elconi13 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:14 PM

lucky644, on Feb 2 2005, 12:11 AM, said:

View Post

Learn to fish by yourself and look at post #1 in this threat... :cool2:

Cheers
I've been looking so long at these pictures of you that I almost belive that they're real.

I've been living so long with my pictures of you that I almost believe that the pictures are all I can feel.

#30 User is offline   lucky644 

• Pip

Posted 02 February 2005 - 07:29 PM

elconi13, on Feb 2 2005, 08:14 AM, said:

lucky644, on Feb 2 2005, 12:11 AM, said:

View Post

Learn to fish by yourself and look at post #1 in this threat... :cool2:

Cheers
View Post

It had no sources.

#31 User is offline   roversr13 

• -=/ SR 13 /=-
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2005 - 07:33 PM

Yes, I still offline. Anyone who want it or want to share it please PM me with your e-mail address. I'll send it to you directly.

#32 User is offline   geearf 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2005 - 01:23 PM

i can host it on an ftp if you want.

#33 User is offline   AlleyVesta 

• Pip

Posted 19 March 2005 - 06:15 PM

Roversr13 - I hope your import mod will be able to help me with a desperate problem that I suspect "import parts" should help with but that is slightly different than the issues discussed here before. Regardless, kudos to you for creating something like this and sharing it.

Here's my problem: I will search for a file in emule and find it and doubleclick it to add it to my emule (I run neomule) and it will be added to transfers page and start downloading or at least get hash of file and be ready to download when sources show up. (Usually episode of a tv show.)

At some later date, I check to see status of downloads. (Having gotten full download of episode 15 I will look to see how 16 is doing.) However, episode I know I added that had shown on transfers page now is gone from that page.

I run a search, and when episode shows up as a result (if it's an offbeat tv show there may only be one result for my search and this was same result originally added to transfers page) I doubleclick to add it. Program will tell me I am already downloading it or have downloaded file with that hash or something like that BUT WHEN I DOUBLECHECK TRANSFERS PAGE BEFORE ADDING AGAIN IT IS NOT THERE. So I add it again.

Here's meat of problem: One time when I knew I had almost all of a large movie file downloaded before it vanished from transfers list (and no, it was not in "Incoming" emule file) I sighed and re-added it to transfers list and let it start downloading again. I then opened up emule temp folder and using vlc media player tried to view every part file of any size and found the original download that no longer showed as a transfer. AHA it WAS on my computer.

In frustration, to see if there was any way I could make emule recognize the parts of the movie that, while not showing on transfers page did, in fact, exist on computer, I went back to the transfers page to the NEW downloading file and right clicked. I looked at the list of possible "things to do to a transfer" and saw "import parts" I shrugged and said WTF and clicked it. AND ON ITS OWN IT WENT TO THE TEMP FILE, FOUND THE MATCHING PART FILE THAT WAS NOT IN TRANSFERS, AND IMPORTED THE PARTS IT HAD. Brand new download then suddenly had 99 of its 100 parts and finished downloading quickly and bingo there's movie. (The original part file and connected data that had somehow removed itself from the transfers page was still there so I just deleted it ... all done.) I thought, "great, problem solved."

So ... when a transfer again vanished I ran a search for episode, found file (only one download of this episode available and it was same one I knew I had downloaded before that had vanished from transfers page), and doubleclicked it. Emule informed me I was already downloading that file, but asked did I want to add it anyway. I said yes and did. So I thought I'd just import parts from download that was not in transfers but I knew had to be in temp folder somewhere.

BUT when I went to import parts it just opened up temp folder and showed me all parts that existed in emule Temp Folder by number. I would have to know WHICH part I want to import to do it. And of course the temp file gives you no clue as to what download part is for, i.e. in temp folder there is no way to see hash set of part file to manually and laboriously match hash sets to see which file should be imported ... that is assuming that if I found matching parts file I COULD make it import it.

HELP How can I get program (or will your program) to import from temp folder the already downloaded parts of IDENTICAL HASHSET.

Alley

#34 User is offline   Andu 

• Morph Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2005 - 06:24 PM

Sounds like a bug in the mod you are using. Maybe ask the dev to improve it.
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Dark Lord of the Forum

Morph your Mule

Need a little help with your MorphXT? Click here

#35 User is offline   geearf 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2005 - 07:57 PM

neomule might be buggy.

#36 User is offline   roversr13 

• -=/ SR 13 /=-
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2005 - 11:17 PM

First make sure that it is not really neomule bug - just run official or any well-known with same temp dir and see if your file will appear. You can import previous download, if replacing mod won't help you, but you will still have to find file yourself in temp folder. You may want to sort files by size and check files with size close to that you want to download ("close", because eMule may not have allocated space for entire file). Then move all files starting with number of your partfile from temp directory, start a new download of this file and import data with my mod after you receive a hashset. That should do it.

#37 User is offline   terminal 

• PipPip

Posted 26 March 2005 - 05:58 AM

when you import you use the .part file. isnt so?

#38 User is offline   terminal 

• PipPip

Posted 26 March 2005 - 07:06 AM

tried to import from an emule file to another.
both had the same name and size.

when i tried importing the bigger file to the smallest, didnt accept any parts saying they were either corrupted or existing.

when i tried importing the smaller file to the biggest, (although both files were less than 50%) it created a 100%file. which of course was a false file, and couldnt even play the available parts (while the file before importing were partly viewable)...

did i do something wrong?

any ideas?

#39 User is offline   roversr13 

• -=/ SR 13 /=-
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2005 - 12:37 AM

Any file is fine, not only .part ones. When you import from one running DL to another - main problem is that there will be incompletely downloaded parts in both files, so it can't import incomplete part over other incomplete part - because it can't verify part from import source file and because it doesn't want to overwrite parts that have data downloaded in import target with unverifiable data, so in this case, unfortunately, only small fraction of data will be actually imported.

#40 User is offline   terminal 

• PipPip

Posted 27 March 2005 - 01:19 AM

yeah, but the mysterious thing is that it said the file was ok, and it released it.

both original files were less than 50%.

does it release the file anyway after imporing parts? complete or not?

• Member Options

• (4 Pages)
  • +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users