Official eMule-Board: Individual Max Sources/file - Official eMule-Board

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Individual Max Sources/file each file is able to have its own max Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MasterJunior 

• no more then I have to, if that. EndGame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 July 2004 - 03:44 AM

EDIT:Read this part to understand whole idea fast and easy.
1. A box next to or in place of the current one for Hard Limit. This box instead of giving every file 300 sources (if thats what you put) you put the max # of sources you can have. So if you can handle 2000 youd put that. If your downloading 10 files at the moment each will be given 200 and when one finishes it will adjust (2000/9=222), so now each file will have 222 sources.
2. A feature added to this. When you right click a file in the transfer window theres a submenu for an override of that files # of sources. Again with 2000 as max sources and 10 files downloading, each get 200 sources right?? Lets say I want 1 of those files to have more sources. I use this submenu and insert 600 as its max sources. So now out of my 2000 I have 1400 left for all the other files. (1400/9=155) All the other files will drop from 200 sources to 155. This doesnt happen instantly so you gotta watch out when you change a files value. That file will gain 400 sources in not that much time if theres that many sources of course and I dont know how long it will take for the others to drop to 155. But as long as you leave your self some room for these adjustments your fine.
3. If its possible it would be nice to adjust multiple files at the same time. Highlight the files you want to change the sources of and right click, put the # of sources each of these files should have and your done. Think of it as setting a hard limit for these group of files.

Everything below this point is OLD
damnit, finished the whole thing and it ERASED!!!!!! Here it goes again summarized...

When you right click a file theres a list thingy with an arrow that leads to box where you put a # for the max sources of that individual file.

no disadvantages...

Advantage. Gotta do an example again...

Lets say your downloading 20 (popular, big) files and each have A LOT of sources but your computer cant handle all those sources so you need to put your max sources low, yull never finish them... with this you can set a few (being able to click and drag over multiple files would be a nice feature with it instead of going 1 by 1) to lets say 100 sources max and be able to change some others to 300,400,500, ect....

Also simular to this feature would be an option to set an individual files max connections so a popular file doesnt use up all your connections, yes i know eMule has that auto priority thing but this would be like an advanced feature. Like it only shows when you turn on show advanced controls or whatever it is in Extended Settings.

I did a way better explination the first time but it got erased and I was very pissed. sorry hope its clear

This post has been edited by MasterJunior: 29 March 2005 - 11:29 PM

I'm wasted away, i make a million mistakes, theres a storm in my head, it rains on my bed, when your not here, im not afraid of dyin, but i am afraid of loosing you, maybe im addicted, im outta control, but your the drug that keeps me from dyin, maybe im a liar, but all i really kno, is your the only reason im tryin, when your lying next to me, your love is flowing through to me oh its beautiful, everythings clear to me, untill i hit reality and then i loose it all...... I love you eMule!!!

Bored??? Release your inner mule and get involved with your favorite file sharing program, EMULE!!!!!! Check out my feature request.
Modifications!!!....................Speed Up eMule!!! Partly Done
On Queue 2........................Individual Max Sources/File Partly Done
Advanced Sorting.................Slot for Small Files
Easy Switching.Partly Done....Advanced Priority System
To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe

#2 User is offline   BigRedBrent 

• You will be safe now, good citizen..... For I am..... BATMAN!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 July 2004 - 03:53 AM

I would not mind a way to limit the max connections a single downloading file is able to use. This would not be to harmful since you would only be setting a more specific limit to what you can download.

#3 User is offline   MasterJunior 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2004 - 03:31 PM

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR is my post invisable or something,lol, could some1 please comment on this, yes/no/maybe, ANYTHING!!!

I think when you have something thats restricting you and you could fix it ummm you should do it???? if its not for bad use of course

Allowing this would increase our control over where we want to get sources, sounds smart to me rather then I want 400 people in every line, no more no less. We should be able to put 800 for this file and 200 for another rather then 500 and 500 to get our tottal of 1000. Anyone agree???

Id like to hear from some1 like a dev or admin, idk anyone up there :worthy: also from everyone else of course ;)
I'm wasted away, i make a million mistakes, theres a storm in my head, it rains on my bed, when your not here, im not afraid of dyin, but i am afraid of loosing you, maybe im addicted, im outta control, but your the drug that keeps me from dyin, maybe im a liar, but all i really kno, is your the only reason im tryin, when your lying next to me, your love is flowing through to me oh its beautiful, everythings clear to me, untill i hit reality and then i loose it all...... I love you eMule!!!

Bored??? Release your inner mule and get involved with your favorite file sharing program, EMULE!!!!!! Check out my feature request.
To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe

#4 User is offline   Andu 

• Morph Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2004 - 03:36 PM

MasterJunior, on Oct 1 2004, 05:31 PM, said:

Id like to hear from some1 like a dev or admin, idk anyone up there  :worthy:  also from everyone else of course  ;)
View Post

Unlikely to happen. They do read the feature requests but hardly ever post.

Btw everybody wants a response from the devs but they hardly have the time to reply to every feature request.
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Dark Lord of the Forum

Morph your Mule

Need a little help with your MorphXT? Click here

#5 User is offline   MasterJunior 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2004 - 03:45 PM

I know, im just askin and maybe they would say they like the idea or no because of whatever reason, I just dont want my post to keep making its way to the back and no1 ever answering or showing intrest in it. I for1 think it would be great but thats cause I thought of it, lol, if I didnt think it was then somethings wrong. The way you put your sources now is so limited, why not make it better if you can??

#6 User is offline   MasterJunior 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:10 PM

For GODS sake!!!!!!!! Please im gonna die if I dont get this 1 of these years. I also thought of another idea to go with this 1

In place or next to the Max Sources box should be a box but for "Total Sources". Like if you set it to 1000 and it will distribute the amount among the files being downloaded. This will take away the setting max sources file to 300 because have 10 files downloading and when they start finishing you not using up the extra sources you can add to the files remaing, get my point??

Theres just so many ways you can go with this, its great from where in lookin at it. If its flawed let me know, I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!!!!!

#7 User is offline   Obliterator 

• R.I.P.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:25 PM

Do you think that spamming and bumping your own threads does any good?

#8 User is offline   MasterJunior 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2004 - 12:20 AM

Yea, you might wanna read the new addition 2 it, and even if I didnt add anything to it YES!!! It obviously isnt going to be noticed sitting behind pages and pages of request. Im just waiting for everyone to join in.

Now my question to you, do your think your useless comment is gonna help my threads, now everyone comes in and reads your comment and dont say anything about the the topic at hand. and if you look at when my post were made youd see i dont SPAM. Spam would be I bump it every few days. Soooooooo in conclusion if you dont have anything to add, not even a I dont think its a good idea because of so and so DONT read/post in my threads. Id like to think my request are pretty decent compared 2 a bunch of the lame 1s that come up everyday...... So I dont see why you cant help me out instead of bringing me down. ty

#9 User is offline   rwolf969 

• Wolf inside
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2004 - 09:05 AM

MasterJunior, on Nov 29 2004, 01:20 AM, said:

Id like to think my request are pretty decent compared 2 a bunch of the lame 1s that come up everyday....
View Post

You have a point here. However by now the devs have read your request. Wait and see.

#10 User is offline   MasterJunior 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2004 - 04:13 PM

see, now thats a awesome post and now im happy :D, they prabably have and I hope they think its a pretty good idea, I like that idea about a total max sources and when files complete others will take use of the extra sources they can gain, its very usefull so you dont have to be constantly checkin up on your mule ;)

#11 User is offline   slowsilver 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2004 - 05:32 PM

The thought of downloading 20 popular files is scary. I'm not entirely sure the software should facilitate behavior like that.
Some files are rare because nobody wants them.

eMule has enough anti-corruption measures.
-- SF, Oct 30 2005, 07:08 PM

#12 User is offline   MasterJunior 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2004 - 10:23 PM

I dont really get what you mean by that, Is it a bad thing?? I think its the same thing just a easier way to handel the situation. If your downloaded 20 popular files and you know each can have like 500 souces but you can only have a max of say 6000 it will set each file to 300 (6000/20) sources max, and when 1 finishes it will change that to 315 (6000/19) and so on and so on. Now if it also came with the other idea i mentioned which you can set the max manualy you could do something as follows: set 1 of the 20 files to 600, now you have 5400 sources leff to distribute and 19 files to do so, so it will regulate them to 284 (5400/19).

Of course this isnt gonna happen in seconds so you just cant change the settings wildly while each file has its max sources, like lets say you did it the first way which makes each file have 300 souces and want to increase a couple files sources, dont expect to change 4 of the files to 600 cause yull be over your mark since the other files wont drop the sources immediately, it will take time. It prabably could but im guessing its not a good thing, i remember when eMule had the swap all A4AF to this file now, and man that thing just erased them from the other files and added them like nothing to the file you want. It was taken out and obviously for a reason id say. So thats my thought on how this could be done. Keep up the comments, Thanks a lot

#13 User is offline   slowsilver 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2004 - 11:48 PM

I understand your idea. And I can't say I'm sure how one can maintain a good UL:DL ratio (from the networks aspect) for such a number. Though I understand perfectly that manipulation could ease the stress on the hardware you use while allowing you to make educated corrections to allotments within the same limit.
Some files are rare because nobody wants them.

eMule has enough anti-corruption measures.
-- SF, Oct 30 2005, 07:08 PM

#14 User is offline   MasterJunior 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2004 - 04:16 AM

lol I was going to say I got that # from you and it was just an example but I read the first post of my thread, it was mearly an example though. You could break it down to a game broken thats 4 files and each that could easily have 700 sources, and that = 2400 and maybe you can only have 2000 sources. I upload at 38KBs a sec and cant really get many sources or my internet will go out so thats why I would like to have this as prabably many others will find out if they find it in the next update. Insures I dont go over my cap ;)

#15 User is offline   bugsan 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2004 - 12:22 AM

we need a max number of sources for ALL the files.

example : max 3000 sources, distributed to all the files.

because 300 sources/files, if you have 50 files, this means max 15000 managed sources. *_*

i dont know why there is still this shitty sources per files option, and not a max sources for downloads.

#16 User is offline   MasterJunior 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2005 - 01:13 AM

9 Months later.... Im not sure if the the Devs read it, lol. Im pretty sure if eMule had this a lot of mods would add the feature as well. It seems (at least to me) a pretty good way to control max sources. It could prabably even lower overhead on servers because people wont go over the limit they want by accident.

#17 User is offline   Blandest Vertigo 

• PipPip

Posted 02 March 2005 - 04:07 AM

I like it.

#18 User is offline   fabtar 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2005 - 10:43 PM

@Master Junior

bugsan, on Dec 3 2004, 12:22 AM, said:

we need a max number of sources for ALL the files.

example : max 3000 sources, distributed to all the files.

because 300 sources/files, if you have 50 files, this means max 15000 managed sources. *_*

i dont know why there is still this shitty sources per files option, and not a max sources for downloads.
View Post

By reading this I have understood (i think) your feature request. I am a bit dummy :bouncehi:
I think that the feature explained in this way , rocks!!!
It is A GREAT feature
To distribuite a total number of sources thru all files is a great improvement!!!!
:+1:

#19 User is offline   MasterJunior 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2005 - 10:56 PM

LOL I dont remember saying that last part but I guess I did, SORRYYYYY, Im just mad at my self cause I cant code it on my own. But if you take it nicely, its true :P

HMMMMm Im gonna delete all my post in this thread and make the first 1 very organized whenever I get the chance. :angelnot:

#20 User is offline   fabtar 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2005 - 11:30 PM

The quoted post in my prev message is a good track to re-make your first post.Good luck this feature is good!!

• Member Options

• (2 Pages)
  • +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users