Problematic Software List known interferences with eMule

#61 User is offline   Chanur 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 07 June 2003 - 02:53 AM

djzeppy, on Feb 10 2003, 06:52 PM, said:

Hi Guys,
I've big problems with the new version 0.26b !
If i've started this program and I'm surfing with the internet explorer, the internet explorer could no longer use CSS style sheets and Javscript!
If I shut down Emule V0.26b, the CSS style sheets and javscript work directly!
I hope, that anyone could fix that problem....

ok, I hope, that U understand my english, because I'm from germany and I'm have a bad english teacher :-)
cya Zeppy

@DJZeppy, this sounds like Emule has to high a number in the Max Connections box, or you may be running out of bandwith? Also may try lowering the number of max connections per second. Win98se is very picky about these settings so if anyone is having problems with win98 and emule try setting it to 50 max connections and 8max connections per sec.

@Khzarn, no but I have never heard of BSPlayer. Windows media player & real player both play mp3/movies fine with Emule 0.27c and 0.29a running.

@Isepig I must agree 100% The first thing I messed with when upgrading my system was the power supply. I went from a 150watt to a 350watt and immeadiatly the number of Blue Screens Of Death decreased, along with all the other odd errors to almost nothing. To reiterate what he said, coorperations will skimp on everything so beware when buying "store bought" comps! :-1:

As a seperate post, Mcafee 7.02 runs fine WITH Emule, BUT if you disable active anti-virus scan and sometime later re-enable it with Emule running both Mcafee and Emule will completly seize. Ctrl-alt-dlting macfee will unlock emule but by then the system is no longer stable and soon dies.

0.29a and 0.27c of Emule run just fine on my Win98se machine.

This post has been edited by Chanur: 07 June 2003 - 02:56 AM

#62 User is offline   storm36 

• Pip

Posted 09 June 2003 - 02:59 AM

Im new to emule v0.29a, running Win98se on a PenII 350 mhz 256 mb with 2-30gig internal/external hds.

I have both Nortons System Works 2003 with Antivirus, Internet Security and Nortons Personal Firewall 2003.

Only problem I found was upon exiting the program, without disconnecting from server first, it caused a fatal error (blue screen of death) but corrected that by disconnecting from the server before I exited the program and havent had any fatal errors since, other then that it runs fine and doesnt bog down my system the way other P2P clients do or interfere with messenger or other programs I have running.

Great job here with this program, wish I had known about it alot sooner :thumbup:

#63 User is offline   bombas 

• Pip

Posted 12 June 2003 - 04:04 AM

yea I have the Zone Alarm (feeversion) problem

How about a difinitive list of firewalls that DO work with eMule?

#64 User is offline   donq 

• ya member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2003 - 06:02 AM

bombas, on Jun 12 2003, 07:04 AM, said:

yea I have the Zone Alarm (feeversion) problem

How about a difinitive list of firewalls that DO work with eMule?

Unfortunately this list isn't easy to build.
For many users ZA works perfect, same for other firewalls. I've tried ZA, Sygate, Kerio Tiny - all these are working well on my system. Reading forums, ZA seems most problematic, but not for everyone.
I'm using to surf on :)

#65 User is offline   yeahright- 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2003 - 07:39 AM

I have no problems with lockups or crashes.

I run XP Pro with the latest service packs and patches (yeah all of them lol)
Norton Corporate av 7.6.926 (scanning all file type and real time protection enabled)
ZA Pro 3.7.159
Du Meter

I dont suggest disabling your a/v if downloading programs, there are a lot of infected files on the file sharing systems. If need be use a different av. Realtime protection may be all that saves you from a reload.

Anyway. The problem with realtime virus with Norton (and other av) is that it locks the file it's looking at. I discovered this while running Memturbo and burning CD's. While the burn software is reading ISO or BIN files, Norton wants to scan it, I guess, and ram drops and drops till there's none left.

I'm running a gig of ram now, so it is no longer an issue.

Also (and I know I this is a flame issue) I wont install most norton products (lower case norton on purpose) because they dont install properly, dont work right, tend to crash your system, and then wont uninstall. Norton has had few good products since the DOS days when they got their name. When you start having problems with norton, dont spend 5 years thinking maybe the next version will work better, just remember what I said and give up on them.

This version of Norton AV (corporate) and Norton Ghost are the only 2 programs really good programs they have, that I know of anyway.

(off the box ;-)

#66 User is offline   jelsoft 

• Kero!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2003 - 12:55 PM

DU Meter version. 3.02 Build 54: After a few hours of using emule, the DU Meter crashes.

mIRC v6.03: mIRC randomly crashes when used with emule.

#67 User is offline   Michaelangelo 

• Pip

Posted 27 June 2003 - 11:53 AM

Hey there, I'm new to eMule optimizing and i have some problems with dl speed, it's not as fast as it used to be anymore. Last version of emule when i still got good dl speed was 28a, I now use eMule since a while. I've already did some basic optimization. Please help me :unsure:

#68 User is offline   ^DimSum^ 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 09 July 2003 - 12:13 AM

I think i have found a conflict between eMule and MSN messenger (version 4.7 and 5.0)
When i run eMule i loose the connection to the MSN server. My MSN displays i'm still online, but as soon as i try to change my status it tells me i'm disconnected.
Today i ran my MSN all day, an didn't run eMule. No probs! Stayed connected to MSN network all day.
What could this possibly be? I use Patchou's MSN plus. (don't know if that matters)
My max. connections are set by the wizzard. I use WINXPSP1, eMule version 0.29b. The weird thing is that my problem is occuring much more than in the beginning. In the beginning it disconnected me after about 3 or 4 hours. But now i can't stay connected for 30 minutes!
Could someone please look at this problem?
Thanx in advance!
(BTW: eMule is a great project, keep up the good work!)

//edit: wrong version number

This post has been edited by ^DimSum^: 09 July 2003 - 12:17 AM

#69 User is offline   VQB 

• carrots, lots and lots of carrots
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2003 - 01:17 AM

I have never observed any conflicts between eMule and MSN 5.0 (also a Plus version) (running both 24x7 for 9+ months).

-VQB

#70 User is offline   yeahright- 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2003 - 04:15 AM

When I have eMule running AND I play Age of Mythology TRILLIAN comes up saying I have messages on my MSN account. Happens maybe every 10 minutes.

When eMule is not running this does not happen.

My other email accounts on trillian, including yahoo, dont do this.

If you dont know what trillian is you should, find it on google.

#71 User is offline   pimppanoidi 

• PipPip

Posted 24 July 2003 - 10:52 PM

I run Sygate Personal Firewall (Pro version) as firewall when using eMule.. It's fine (the best I've tried so far), but there's one thing everyone using it should know:

Avoid opening the "traffic log" from the SPF program!

There is some memory leak or something in SPF, so every time you open the log it eats more memory (about 6MB in my tests, depending on the log size). This probably because eMule generates such extreme traffic with many connections. I don't know if the log is readable by some other program..

#72 User is offline   Floodland 

• PipPip

Posted 26 July 2003 - 12:15 AM

Problems with firewalls may be related to an excesive amount of connections for emule. I never used Zonealarm, but some firewalls (kerio) go to HELL if I set more than 800 connections for emule (number of max connections may differ with different hardware). Anyway, I saw a notable loss of performance with significative number of connections. I don't need more than 250 with my 512/128 adsl
Try to reduce the max connections with your firewall and see if that helps.

#73 User is offline   Fenlynnar 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2003 - 09:12 PM

Archmage, on Jan 20 2003, 05:55 PM, said:

Windows 98 + Windows ME. Any eMule version highter than 0.22c will bring you big problems, if you have this OS.

Nonsense.

Running 98SE with .27c I've had uptimes in excess of two weeks.

Using 29b for the past few weeks, have only had one crash. No two week uptime yet, but mostly because I've been playing games.

I use 50 connections, 5 new per second, and have source exchange on. No problems.

#74 User is offline   droople 

• PipPip

Posted 14 August 2003 - 03:05 AM

I use Norton Anitivirus 2003,but never happened that situation.
Emule and Norton they both work well

#75 User is offline   NynkeNL 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2003 - 09:52 AM

pimppanoidi, on Jul 24 2003, 10:52 PM, said:

I run Sygate Personal Firewall (Pro version) as firewall when using eMule.. It's fine (the best I've tried so far), but there's one thing everyone using it should know:

Avoid opening the "traffic log" from the SPF program!

There is some memory leak or something in SPF, so every time you open the log it eats more memory (about 6MB in my tests, depending on the log size). This probably because eMule generates such extreme traffic with many connections. I don't know if the log is readable by some other program..

I've tried Sygate for a week now. You are right. It is now using 20Mb of my memory :angry: Also I think it's very buggy. Sometimes the advanced rules work and sometimes they don't. (don't block ICMP rule) Also did not filter the BSA while Peerguardian did. Now going to test Kerio 2. Never have connections of 800.
Who has experieces with PC Viper or other firewalls instead of ZA and Norton?

#76 User is offline   michimueller2999 

• Pip

Posted 15 August 2003 - 02:57 PM

Floodland, on Jul 26 2003, 12:15 AM, said:

Problems with firewalls may be related to an excesive amount of connections for emule. I never used Zonealarm, but some firewalls (kerio) go to HELL if I set more than 800 connections for emule (number of max connections may differ with different hardware). Anyway, I saw a notable loss of performance with significative number of connections. I don't need more than 250 with my 512/128 adsl
Try to reduce the max connections with your firewall and see if that helps.

but some firewalls (kerio) go to HELL if I set more than 800 connections for emule (number of max connections may differ with different hardware).

which version of kerio
im using kerio personal firewall 2.1.4(2.1.5 available) and it works with more than 1500 connections
my machine: w2k pro sp4 512 mb ram 900 mhz duron cfos 5.04

#77 User is offline   rodo 

• Pip

Posted 18 August 2003 - 07:56 PM

I´ve been using NAV 2002 - Zone Alarm Pro about 3 months and dont have problems at all, some traffic were blocked by ZA until I´ve found in help that u can open TCP and UDP ports, go to FIREWALL.. INTERNET ZONE.. CUSTOM... and scroll down until u see allow incoming TCP ports, and type 4672. :D

#78 User is offline   RJARRRPCGP2000 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 26 August 2003 - 02:41 AM

Jackal-, on May 25 2003, 01:25 PM, said:

I running Win xp pro with 768MD DDR and SP1

The last time I saw someone with that IRQ error, it was because they had a bad stick of RAM.
Better check it out. [/QUOTE]
With a RAM problem, in my experience, crashes are even worse than just a
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. After adding a SDRAM module to one PC, I ended up
getting the following:

STOP *** 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

in WIN32K.SYS

also:

Chkdsk will report orphaned files and start truncating files:

message is similar to:

Chkdsk found orphaned file, truncating file: C:\Windows\System32\Regedt32.exe

and:

STOP *** REGISTRY_HIVE_FAILURE

RAM problems are likely to cause hard disk drive data corruption and Windows
will fail to continue the booting process.

If the RAM was truly bad, the above errors probably are going to occur.

This post has been edited by RJARRRPCGP2000: 26 August 2003 - 02:53 AM

#79 User is offline   avgasse 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 04 September 2003 - 06:46 AM

I've thoroughly tested this and I would like to get confirmation. :cool2:

eMule conflicts with Seti@Home (or Seti@Home Service)

Machine: AMD Athlon XP 2600, 512MB RAM, HD 120G SATA, WinXP Pro SP2, Norton Internet Security (all known problems solved after a support call to Symantec - they are really helpful if you know how to reach them) :thumbup:

versions tested:
Seti@home: the latest :huh:
eMule: 0.27c, 0.30a

Steps to recreate the problem:
1. Install Seti@Home
2. Install Seti@Home Service and get it running
3. Install eMule

eMule randomly crashes (blank screen, not responding) after on average 30 minutes. (version 0.27c) :shock:
In version 0.30a, average uptime is 10 minutes. :hammer2:

Workaround: stop the Seti@Home Service when running eMule. :bounce:

Possible solution (still under investigation): S@H Service gives the user the possibility to stop/pause the service while a certain named process is running. :respect:
Configure this with:
seti_control configure -pausefor processname
seti_control configure -stopfor processname

I hope this information is useful. :worthy:

#80 User is offline   AlejoB 

• Pip

Posted 04 September 2003 - 10:35 PM

I used to have the 0.28 ver and there was no problems with MIRC but since I´ve upgraded to the 0.30a I cannot let the two programs open because my computer crash.

Does anyone found a solution for this?

Thanks

• Member Options

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users