• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Problematic Software List known interferences with eMule

#41 User is offline   redrum 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 March 2003 - 01:45 AM

ZoneAlarm does seem to cause a few problems. On my machine it used to do the following:

- Crash every few hours
- Limit the number of connection <500
- Do a weird total system pause every few minutes

Solved by moving to Sygate Personal Firewall...

System:
Dual P3-1Ghz
1Gb SD Ram
GF4400 128MB
2 * 120B drives stripped

Hope this helps some people out there.

#42 User is offline   frabron 

• Pip

Posted 25 March 2003 - 09:00 AM

Khzarn, on Mar 18 2003, 08:33 PM, said:

Playing MP3s on Winamp or watching movies with BSPlayer while running eMule (both 0.26d and 0.27a) seems to make the system crash randomly. Anyone else with this problem? It's not necesserily a problem with eMule, though. It could have something to do with my soundcard's drivers, but the crashing occurs only with eMule running.

Running Windows XP on an Athlon XP 2000+, 512 MB, Abit KX7 and Hercules Fortissimo II soundcard.

Yup, same problem here. with version 0.24 everything works smooth. First the PC is stuttering, the mouse isn't moving, then the PC reboots.

My machine: 1Ghz Athlon, Asus a7v, Geforce 256, terratec 128pci

Programs in background are: Sygate PFW, SetiHide Client, Antivir Personal Edition
i already disabled antivir, firewall, but the reboot problem remains.

Any help or ideas are welcome :D

#43 User is offline   uksathees 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 30 March 2003 - 08:48 PM

ok here is a similar problem i have norton firewall 2003 with windows xp and emule 27c running, no problems while running the program i get average speed of 60KB download alwys. but the problem comes when i close emule, suddenly my firewall goes crazy reporting that port 4662 is being accessed by remote computers, well i understand what it means since emule useses that port, basically the problems is even after the emule is closed down the servers tries to connect to my pc trying to downlaod stuff, i had it same firewall and emule running under win 2000 and i had no problems, so is it a bug with win xp.

#44 User is offline   GHammer 

• Pip

Posted 01 April 2003 - 05:31 PM

ok here is a similar problem i have norton firewall 2003 with windows xp and emule 27c running, no problems while running the program i get average speed of 60KB download alwys. but the problem comes when i close emule, suddenly my firewall goes crazy reporting that port 4662 is being accessed by remote computers, well i understand what it means since emule useses that port, basically the problems is even after the emule is closed down the servers tries to connect to my pc trying to downlaod stuff, i had it same firewall and emule running under win 2000 and i had no problems, so is it a bug with win xp.

Other clients (and probably servers) remember your IP for awhile. Since they are trying to connect to something that no longer is active, your firewall should report the attempts.
If it didn't under 2000, then the firewall reporting/logging was different or you had a different rule in effect.

As for software that doesn't work with eMule, I'd have to put Zone Alarm Pro in. It screws up many things on my machine. Even breaks BIND randomly. No answer from their support staff for over 8 months now. "We'll get back with you". Lousy program with worse support. Sygate is very nice for a freebee.

#45 User is offline   Rob Gomez 

• Pip

Posted 03 April 2003 - 05:15 AM

Archmage, on Jan 20 2003, 05:55 PM, said:

Windows 98 + Windows ME. Any eMule version highter than 0.22c will bring you big problems, if you have this OS.

I used to have that kind of problems. Its because of low number of connections that can handle Win 98 / Me.
To solve this try to put no more than 10 in "max new of connections / 5 seconds" and disable source exchanging in your preferences or it will crash constatly. It worked for me.
If you can upgrade to Win XP, a way much more stable whit no emule crashes

#46 User is offline   kl_3141 

• Pip

Posted 04 April 2003 - 06:29 AM

Hengst, on Jan 29 2003, 02:42 PM, said:

I'm using ISS BlackIce PC Protection.

fire wall isnt very nessary for a dial-up connection....

#47 User is offline   will824 

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2003 - 06:41 PM

Hi. I was getting Blue crash screens in Windows XP constantly and after I read that it had Norton Antivirus Incompatilbity I disabled it from the Task Manager...
It was a little time ago, and now Emule seems to be running smoothly...
I would like to thank you all for this!. :rolleyes:

-Will-

#48 User is offline   xlt10 

• PipPip

Posted 15 April 2003 - 12:00 AM

kyo16, on Jan 20 2003, 12:28 PM, said:

Norton Firewall:
With emule it reports lot of "Invalid TCP destination 0.0.x.x".
No harm but annoying.

If you are using Norton firewall and get annoying security alerts such like "invalid TCP destination" you can just turn of the monitoring of that kind alerts. Such alerts are not harmful, but like you said annoying.

To do that, open norton firewall, and click on "intruder configuration", click on "signatures", and you will get up a list of intruder alert messeges. Click and add the annoying alerts you don't want to see any more. When you do this, norton firewall will block the "intruders", but you won't get an alert about it.

XlT10 :ph34r:

#49 User is offline   eliab 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 21 April 2003 - 09:24 PM

kl_3141, on Apr 4 2003, 06:29 AM, said:

Hengst, on Jan 29 2003, 02:42 PM, said:

I'm using ISS BlackIce PC Protection.

fire wall isnt very nessary for a dial-up connection....

actually a firewall is always a good idea, no matter what type of net connection you have.

#50 User is offline   JoeNoSN[DCLXVI] 

• PipPip

Posted 22 April 2003 - 02:55 AM

HAs anyone noticed that when you have NAV 2003 and NIS Firewall 2003 running, with eMule in the background and you play an online game (say Ragnarok Online or Warcraft 3, or Hell, in some cases DeusEx) That it tends to Lag and eat system resources, even on a beast machine?

I have WinXP Home 512 DDR Ram on 1 GHZ AMD with ADSL connection with eMule only using 50% and haveing these things together really screws with the computer. If anyone could PM me a Firewall/AV that works as well as norton... (Or a lot like it; In fact, able to import the Port settings I have) I'd appriciate it..

#51 User is offline   ped 

• Pip

Posted 24 April 2003 - 09:19 PM

Another application that eMule doesn't seem to deal well with is Sygate Home Network. This is essentially a NAT router. When one of the internal client machines is running eMule Sygate will begin reporting TCP/UDP checksum errors in its logfile. The error lines look like this:

Tcp Checksum error. 68.144.12.79, time:1690641, Frg=0x40
Tcp Checksum error. 68.144.12.79, time:1694406, Frg=0x40
Tcp Checksum error. 68.144.12.79, time:1736506, Frg=0x40
Tcp Checksum error. 68.144.12.79, time:1759069, Frg=0x40
UDP Checksum error. time: 1846264, Frg=0x4500
Tcp Checksum error. 68.144.12.79, time:1858822, Frg=0x40
Tcp Checksum error. 68.144.12.79, time:1902966, Frg=0x40

They do not occur unless eMule is active. All the other client machines can be doing any other task (web, email, downloads, gaming online, FTP, etc) and these messages are never generated. IN a really bad case Sygate Home Network will eventually stopp passing traffic because of these errors, at which point the messages in the log become:

CGenericTcp::CGenericTcp(ERR) cannot alloc tcp port.
CEngineCore::Unable to establish TCP tunnel. Engine may exceed maximum user limit.
CEngineCore::Unable to establish TCP tunnel. Engine may exceed maximum user limit.

I have troubleshot this error very well and can say for certain that eMule is somehow responsible (I've even replaced both NICs in the Sygate server as well as built a clean server install on a different PC to ensure it was nothing to do with the original machine). In addition I have a friend using Sygate and eMule also and had him send me his logfile and the TCP/UDP errors are in his as well.

#52 User is offline   xstaci 

• Pip

Posted 29 April 2003 - 02:12 AM

windows xp + ie 6 + all windows updates + amdxp1800 + 512ram

may sound weird but large internet explorer downloads >10mb always d/l corrupt, or IE reports false file size and only downloads up to that smaller filesize. shutting down emule, and clicking on the same link produces usually a larger filesize and a uncorrupted file

#53 User is offline   Gunny 

• Pip

Posted 07 May 2003 - 06:33 AM

as far as Zone Alarm is concerned, one way to solve the problems:

http://www.emule-pro...&f=3&t=17367&s=

#54 User is offline   heinz123 

• Pip

Posted 09 May 2003 - 11:23 AM

My problem was, everytime I switched to the transfer window emule crashed (tried 0.26,27 and 28a). On my computer this is related to winamp 2.91. closing winamp -> emule don't crashes. starting winamp -> emule crashes (even it was already running).

#55 User is offline   will824 

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2003 - 10:14 PM

are there any issues with norton personal firewall?

#56 User is offline   Frazas 

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2003 - 02:45 PM

I have something strange to report regarding Zonealarm. For example, I have set that Emule will have all available TCP and UDP ports so that there is no interference from the firewall with Emule. And I configure Emule to work with the default UDP port and with port 80 for TCP.

Considering that Emule has a "green pass" with the firewall, why do I get blocked incoming logs to port 4662 (emule's TCP default port)? It makes sence that this traffic should pass because of Emule being configured to let it all pass.

I am going to try and install Kerio's Personal firewall tonight and see what happens.

#57 User is offline   Kevin_R 

• Pip

Posted 15 May 2003 - 12:10 PM

If I try to use my TV card (AverTV) and run Emule at the same time, after a few minutes or a few hours my pc crashes with the
DRIVER IRQ NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL
Error

I running Win xp pro with 768MD DDR and SP1

#58 User is offline   PikkeMand 

• PipPip

Posted 21 May 2003 - 01:11 PM

Agent_Smith, on Feb 9 2003, 06:10 AM, said:

I have to say I have no problems running eMule and completing 1.4GB+ dloads while NAV 2002 (and now NAV 2003) is active. At least not on my WinXP PRO SP1 on an AthlonXP 2000+ with 512MB RAM...
Just FYI.

I have no problem with NAV2002 & NAV2003 when i'm running eMule :)

The problem with :gun: "Invalid part.met fileversion!" in v0.28b sucks big time! - just lost 2GB of partial downloaded files - and no, donkeydocter dosn't work! :angry:

Internet Kommunisme:
Upload what u can!
Download what u need!

#59 User is offline   -Jackal- 

• anti-boredom
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2003 - 05:25 PM

Kevin_R, on May 15 2003, 09:10 AM, said:

If I try to use my TV card (AverTV) and run Emule at the same time, after a few minutes or a few hours my pc crashes with the
DRIVER IRQ NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL
Error

I running Win xp pro with 768MD DDR and SP1

The last time I saw someone with that IRQ error, it was because they had a bad stick of RAM.
Better check it out.

#60 User is offline   Yiogi 

• PipPip

Posted 30 May 2003 - 10:42 AM

To Alcaponey and bhaal206

As soon as I exit E-mule Kazaa then starts downloading between 30kb - 50 kb/ps, my website downloads come down at minimum of 40kb p/s and web browsing is as quick as greased whippet droppings!

Reduce your max connections it should fix your problem. Try something as low as 50 and work your way up. Your router cannot handle so many connections and that is y you have trouble with other sw.

• Member Options

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users