• +
  • Last »

Problematic Software List known interferences with eMule

#21 User is offline   Agent_Smith 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 February 2003 - 06:10 AM

donq, on Jan 20 2003, 10:55 AM, said:

2. Norton Anitivirus (reported various crashes during completion) - fixed by disabling virus scanning of eMule temp and income folders; or by using McAffee AV instead

I have to say I have no problems running eMule and completing 1.4GB+ dloads while NAV 2002 (and now NAV 2003) is active. At least not on my WinXP PRO SP1 on an AthlonXP 2000+ with 512MB RAM...
Just FYI.

#22 User is offline   harrypiel 

• Pip

Posted 10 February 2003 - 12:30 PM

Norton Internet Security and, by the looks of it, Windoze Migraine Edition. Perhaps switching to zone alarm pro and Windoze 2000 will do the trick. (f*ck Xtra-Pesky :angry: :angry: , I won't let Bill Gaays screw up my collection of MP3's with his sucky DRM trick)

#23 User is offline   djzeppy 

• Pip

Posted 10 February 2003 - 06:52 PM

Hi Guys,
I've big problems with the new version 0.26b !
If i've started this program and I'm surfing with the internet explorer, the internet explorer could no longer use CSS style sheets and Javscript!
If I shut down Emule V0.26b, the CSS style sheets and javscript work directly!
I hope, that anyone could fix that problem....

ok, I hope, that U understand my english, because I'm from germany and I'm have a bad english teacher :-)
cya Zeppy

#24 User is offline   stormit 

• Stormit-Mod-Dev.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2003 - 05:51 AM

kyo16, on Jan 20 2003, 12:28 PM, said:

Norton Firewall:
With emule it reports lot of "Invalid TCP destination 0.0.x.x".
No harm but annoying.

Hi from Stormit; :lol:

I have completely got rid of Norton Personal Firewall first it does not work. Second the dam warnings all the time, and most from my own isp. Also I installed the two together and Sygate picked up intrusions that norton did not. :(

The best I have found is Sygate Personal Firewall Pro, very easy to setup and use.

Plus it has a built in down and up speed meter. ;)

Most Important it works and you can also Import Scripts from here http://www.zbl.ieplugins.com/ :)

Best Luck to You Stormit :D

This post has been edited by stormit: 14 February 2003 - 05:54 AM

Kind Regards, Stormit user posted image
Remember Sharing is Caring, Please Share All that you can. Thank You!
Remember that I'm only human and make mistakes, dont we all!
Stormit's Mod's Area, Try Them Out - Khaotic Statistics and alot more!
Stormit's Mod's Website, other files, links and more!
New eMule Content Database, help support freeware!
I Like the Moon it's Rather-Good, very funny song!!!

#25 User is offline   Trypsin 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2003 - 06:57 AM

Can someone add, just in general, that the program series known as "Windows" has a tendency to interact negatively with eMule. :ph34r:
"You evil bastard! This is your work! You'd better take care of me, Lord... because if you don't you're going to have me on your hands." - Raul Duke, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

#26 User is offline   MikNitro 

• BlackRiders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2003 - 03:50 PM

Can someone add, just in general, that the program series known as "Windows" has a tendency to interact negatively with eMule.

LOL
You already have :D
Sorry i know,o/t,but this is aswell imho.

Nitro...

#27 User is offline   aqz 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2003 - 02:48 PM

McAfee VirusScan.

With Win98SE and eMule 0.25b (and earlier versions) the entire machine freezes (not even ctrl+alt+del worked) more than 50% of the time when closing eMule. Disabling scanning of the temp and incomming folders didn't help, but after disabling scanning of the program folder, I haven't had a crash (I've rebooted 8-10 times since the change).

#28 User is offline   jeje69 

• PipPip

Post icon  Posted 17 February 2003 - 12:45 PM

i had the problem with ZA ( disconnect frequently with servers ) and it was fixed by changing protection mode from high to medium

;)

#29 User is offline   bhaal206 

• Pip

Posted 19 February 2003 - 12:57 AM

After connecting to server, computer locks up every few seconds for just a few seconds. Also makes other programs that use the internet unable to connect. I have XP and Zone Alarm Pro, don't know if that matter.

#30 User is offline   alcaponey 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 19 February 2003 - 09:19 AM

This is in conjunction with bhaal206 comment!!

I am running a 512kb ADSL connection with Win XP installed and I have been using E-mule v0.26. Whenever it is running I am unable to browse the internet (pages load up slower than a dial-up connection!!) and I also use Kazaa!! When E-mule is running Kazaa downloads at 1.5kb p/s as a maximum speed! Finall website downloads I am lucky to get over 0.99 kb p/s.

Here is the interesting part!! - - - As soon as I exit E-mule Kazaa then starts downloading between 30kb - 50 kb/ps, my website downloads come down at minimum of 40kb p/s and web browsing is as quick as greased whippet droppings!

Just a little extra note to say that I have tried downgrading E-mule to v 0.25 to see if that helps and its exactly the same!!

Please help me as I like using E-mule but it is making other things on my computer unusable at the same time!!

Anyone else having this problem? Is there any known fix?

#31 User is offline   poccri 

• Pip

Posted 20 February 2003 - 09:30 PM

Here is what I did to fix my MIRC from disconnecting all the time. If you look in Emule, under Servers tab, at the bottom there are many many tries, sometimes 5-10 a minute, for files i have deleted. I went to my shared files and saw that they were still listed. When I reloaded my List, i no longer got those messages and no longer lagged or got disconnected from MIRC. I just assume that it was takin request after request from people, and laggin me off. Hope this helps.
poccri

#32 User is offline   ugluk 

• PipPip

Posted 21 February 2003 - 01:39 AM

alcaponey, lower the download limit of eMule. set it to maybe 50%. that should free up some bandwith for other applications.

#33 User is offline   neXuz 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 03 March 2003 - 02:33 AM

Anyone else running Samurize having problems with the pc restarts constantly??

Im running XP Pro, and the newest client of eMule

Dunno if it can have something to do with im using onlinesignature with the mule!?

#34 User is offline   Daijoubu 

• PipPip

Posted 05 March 2003 - 07:40 PM

Win98SE, mIRC6.03 (Server status bot, 20 channels, 4servers) and eMule.26d
Running 24/7 no problems

#35 User is offline   renegading 

• Pip

Posted 10 March 2003 - 08:29 AM

I have a problem when running my mIRC+invision plugin while Emule is on, it cuts my downloads by 1/3 and uploads by 1/8 even when I am not downloading or uploading at all, just having the program open kills it.

P.S. get into mIRC, heres some help,
http://www.ircspy.com/search.asp
http://www.packetnews.com/

B) keep these to urself. :D

#36 User is offline   Mathrigo 

• Pip

Posted 13 March 2003 - 07:27 AM

jeje69, on Feb 17 2003, 12:45 PM, said:

i had the problem with ZA ( disconnect frequently with servers ) and it was fixed by changing protection mode from high to medium

;)

Worked for me as well. :D

Greets

#37 User is offline   MiNdPhuCk 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 13 March 2003 - 08:32 AM

Running WinXP Pro SP1, P4Celeron 1.7ghz, 512 Ram, GeForce2 MX400 (42.70 drivers)

In contridiction to past or previous complaints, these programs work together for me at least:

eMule v26d FUSION FLUX R5 Modded version (Free)

Norton Anti-Virus OEM v8.07.17c
ICQ Lite (Free)
Sygate Personal Firewall (Free)
Jaxx's Online Signature (Free)
Riva Tuner 12.2 (Free)
Zoom Player (Free)
Anarchy-Online (FreeTrial/Sub)
IncrediMail (Free/Shareware)

This post has been edited by MiNdPhuCk: 13 March 2003 - 08:33 AM

#38 User is offline   Khzarn 

• Pip

Posted 18 March 2003 - 08:33 PM

Playing MP3s on Winamp or watching movies with BSPlayer while running eMule (both 0.26d and 0.27a) seems to make the system crash randomly. Anyone else with this problem? It's not necesserily a problem with eMule, though. It could have something to do with my soundcard's drivers, but the crashing occurs only with eMule running.

Running Windows XP on an Athlon XP 2000+, 512 MB, Abit KX7 and Hercules Fortissimo II soundcard.

#39 User is offline   L00Cypher 

• Pip

Posted 20 March 2003 - 09:36 PM

Just for some perspective:

I have no real problems with emule at all with the following configuration:

PopupStopper freeware edition
Norton AntiVirus (Not configured in any special way)
ZoneAlarm Pro (Not the free version)
Running Windows 2000 Pro

I have a (very) occaisional crash where emule will just close, but thats about it. Nothing is specially configured for emule except of course that is has permissions to access the net in ZoneAlarm.

#40 User is offline   isepiq 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2003 - 10:36 PM

Ok, I build computers and here is some nfo that will help some people:

1. Your Power Supply has to be able to handle all your hardware.
2. Your hardware has to be able to handle all your software.

A cheap power supply will cause all kinds of problems. A cheap 400 watt power supply will cause all kinds of odd crashes and various problems. A high quality power supply will run a good system with only 300 watts! Robanton has a new 500 watt power supply for $60.

We now have 128 DDR video cards, 200 Gig hard drives, 400 Mhz DDR ram, 3+ Ghz cpu's. All of this takes a LOT more power. I am currently installing 500 & 600 watt power supplies in systems with this kind of stuff. It is possible for you to upgrade yourself out of your current power supply!

If you have a 'store bought' computer, then it is 99.9% likely that you need to upgrade your power supply. If you have a micro computer case, then you are out of luck.

What is happening when you shut down all kinds of programs in order to get eMule to run is you are taking a load off of your hardware, which is taking a load off of your Power Supply. Every computer I build runs EVERYTHING without having to disable other software! Good Power Supply, good hardware.

I have had people that have had all kinds of games and proggies crashing (Sims crashing to desktop, Cmedia built in audio not working or crashing system) that was fixed after installing a high quality power supply with lots of Watts! This MAY be your problem???

IMHO
isepiq B)

• Member Options

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users