• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Problematic Software List known interferences with eMule

#141 User is offline   paddawall 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 October 2004 - 03:02 AM

whith some version of emule (current included) using windows blind skinning make emule crash...
Solution: Put emule in the exclussion list of windows blinds.
(the same for Styles XP)

#142 User is offline   jenika 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 03 March 2005 - 09:12 PM

[quote name='donq' date='Jan 20 2003, 11:55 AM']
I suggest moderator to post some sticky here with known programs, causing (sometimes) problems with eMule. (Not for hardware driver problems!)
From my personal experience, other users support and reading forums I start with next:
1. PopUp Stopper freeware edition (crash while selecting downloads screen) - fixed by disabling it
2. Norton Anitivirus (reported various crashes during completion) - fixed by disabling virus scanning of eMule temp and income folders; or by using McAffee AV instead
3. ZoneAlarm freeware edition (server disconnects while searching) - fixed by changing protection mode from high to medium
4. Pasakche Proxy Software causes Windows crashes when using with eMule.
5. Norman Virus Control makes eMule crash at start.

6. NOD32 - antivirus software, can cause freezes or crashes. Help: Disable IMON during installation!

Of course, these problems may occur only on some systems, not on all.
Post here only confirmed cases - when removing/disabling, or reconfiguring reported software solved eMule problems!
Hi
yesterday I installed the new version of E Mule and now my Norton worm protection keeps telling me E Mule is a worm and wouldn't let me use E Mule until I removed the worm protection , I can still use the virus protect ion and Zone Alarm fire wall however I feel vulnerable without this worm protection ... please help

#143 User is offline   Rekrul 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2005 - 10:13 PM

I've noticed a small problem using GetRight 5.x with eMule running. If I use GetRight's option to generate a list of numbered URLs and I tell it to generate more than about 20 at a time, Both GetRight and eMule seem to go off into limbo. No other program seems to be affected, but these two just stop responding. If I use the task manager to kill off either one, the other goes back to normal. During this time, I can't bring either window to the front and the Task Manager lists them as "Not responding".

I think GetRight's code is a little flaky, because if I tell it to generate a large number of URLs even when eMule isn't running, it will often go into limbo for several seconds, but eventually it comes back and resumes what it was doing. With eMule running, both programs appear to lock up until one of them is killed off. I've reported this to the author and he said he'd look into it, but I don't know what the status is, or how important he deems this.

Generating 20 or less URLs at a time seems to be safe.

#144 User is offline   crissspy 

• Pip

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:02 PM

Another strike against ZoneAlarm (free).

I did everything I could, trying to run Emule under Win2000, but no joy EVER.

I always had zero trouble under Win98se & ZA (well tweaked), would run Emule for days without restart. But Emule would absolutely reliably crash within (very few) minutes under Win2000.

I had to actually uninstall ZoneAlarm for Emule to work. Simply shutting down ZA didn't make any difference, Emule would crash exactly the same. I guess ZA has its hooks too deep into the OS, and Emule is a really tough customer.

For all I know, the problem with ZA could still be some other specific issue with the configuration of something else on my PC (others seem to have some success). But I tried two very different NIC's, eliminated other stuff, know I have good hardware,etc., all to no avail. So ZA is out for me.

Too bad. I have always really liked ZA's total control over net access, and will sorely miss it.

#145 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:51 AM

date: July 2010
symptom: emule starts and crashes
culprit program: netop school
solution: Problem was solved removing, from the installation, a component that uses the network.

From: Problema Emule Su Windows 7 64 Bit (2) - kad firewalled dopo qualche mezzora (click)

date: August 2010
symptom: kad firewalled after some half hour and later sources decreased after that
culprit program: Trend MIcro Internet Security (2008 ?)
solution: disable every service of trend micro and verify which service interferes with emule

date: november 2009
symptom: low download speed (not over 2-3 )
culprit program: KIS 2010, uncompatible version
solution: get the windows seven compatible version of KIS

From: Cannot Start Emule Anymore - eMule will not run after update (click)

date: march 2009
symptom: emule doesn't start
OS: Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3
culprit program: system mechanic professional ( 2008/2009 ? )
cause and solution: "It went ahead and changed all sort of things without really asking me first. I rolled back the program and since then everything is back to normal."

From: [Solved] Windows 7 Blocking All Ports - No Firewall, No Router (Comodo was the problem..) (click)

date: December 2011
symptom: permanent low id on windows 7
culprit program: comodo (internet security?)
Cause: The problem was a Comodo driver. It wasn't loaded booting windows 7 in safe mode.
Solution: "This was the offending rule in Comodo: Network Security Policy - Global Rules - Block IP from MAC Any to MAC Any". Disable it and/or check the comodo forum on how to set the program.

This post has been edited by xilolee: 06 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non č serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dā subito l'allegrIa! Immagine Postata

• Member Options

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users