• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Problematic Software List known interferences with eMule

#101 User is offline   mithrandir81 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 January 2004 - 01:55 PM

I just installed norton 2004 on my pc and i can't search anymore. I enter a search and nothing turns up no matter which server i'm connected to. The downloads i had going before installing NAV are still doing fine and people are still able to download from me. I have tried reinstalling emule and changing the norton settings. Any suggestions please?

Thanks for the help

#102 User is offline   birk 

• Room To Let
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 January 2004 - 02:59 PM

Look at www.emulehelp.tk! :)

#103 User is offline   JohnDoe_303 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 January 2004 - 07:02 PM

Uninstall Norton. Instead use AVG antivirus and Keiro Firewall.

#104 User is offline   mfsav2 

• Pip

Posted 14 January 2004 - 07:05 PM

Electron, on Feb 5 2003, 04:47 AM, said:

JedipC, on Feb 4 2003, 07:29 AM, said:

For me the problem was with Zone Alarm Pro : disconnecting from server very, very frequently.

Corrected using Kerio instead, very low CPU usage, no more disconnection :D

Same problem experienced with Zone Alarm and Windows XP, but I have problems with Kerio too.

Kerio keeps crashing eMule frequently.

Same problem.
All kerio products on XP crash between 5 minutes and 2 hours and, what's worst, complitely lock connectivity.

This from release 4->

The only working (crashes every day but does not lock connectivity) was the beta6.

With zone alarm e lot of disconnect

Sigh!

#105 User is offline   mfsav2 

• Pip

Posted 14 January 2004 - 07:12 PM

node159, on Dec 7 2003, 09:33 AM, said:

PS: I’m a CompSci Major with a specialization in security so I sorta know what I’m talking about, but comments/criticism is most welcome.

:o
It's an honor to have such a majesty between us.

But why ZA will cause the "Disconnect" problem ?

M

#106 User is offline   magedam 

• Pip

Posted 16 January 2004 - 11:19 PM

alcaponey, on Feb 19 2003, 09:19 AM, said:

This is in conjunction with bhaal206 comment!!

I am running a 512kb ADSL connection with Win XP installed and I have been using E-mule v0.26. Whenever it is running I am unable to browse the internet (pages load up slower than a dial-up connection!!) and I also use Kazaa!! When E-mule is running Kazaa downloads at 1.5kb p/s as a maximum speed! Finall website downloads I am lucky to get over 0.99 kb p/s.

Here is the interesting part!! - - - As soon as I exit E-mule Kazaa then starts downloading between 30kb - 50 kb/ps, my website downloads come down at minimum of 40kb p/s and web browsing is as quick as greased whippet droppings!

Just a little extra note to say that I have tried downgrading E-mule to v 0.25 to see if that helps and its exactly the same!!

Please help me as I like using E-mule but it is making other things on my computer unusable at the same time!!

Anyone else having this problem? Is there any known fix?

well..i don't know what to say..it's like if you are describing my exact same problem here with all it's sides...i hope someone will give us a solution...

#107 User is offline   jaykub7 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 20 January 2004 - 10:21 PM

;) <_<

I am running a Celeron 1.7 Gig Windows XP Pro Computer, I do run a webserver, ftp server, and smtp server all from the normal ports. In addition I run Windows Messenger and Yahoo Messenger. I have a dynamic dsl connection.

For some reason when I run emule for anywhere between an hour to 5 hours sometimes a little longer, my internet just stops working, I can't access any pages, my messengers log out, no one can access my webserver. Absolutely nothing, and when I check my connection it says my ip is still valid, etc... This has happened many times to me and I am wondering if there is any known problem with my setup, or if anyone has any suggestions.

This is incredibly frustrating.

Jay Odea
http://stargateseries.homeip.net

#108 User is offline   magedam 

• Pip

Posted 21 January 2004 - 09:49 PM

jaykub7, on Jan 20 2004, 10:21 PM, said:

;) <_<

I am running a Celeron 1.7 Gig Windows XP Pro Computer, I do run a webserver, ftp server, and smtp server all from the normal ports. In addition I run Windows Messenger and Yahoo Messenger. I have a dynamic dsl connection.

For some reason when I run emule for anywhere between an hour to 5 hours sometimes a little longer, my internet just stops working, I can't access any pages, my messengers log out, no one can access my webserver. Absolutely nothing, and when I check my connection it says my ip is still valid, etc... This has happened many times to me and I am wondering if there is any known problem with my setup, or if anyone has any suggestions.

This is incredibly frustrating.

Jay Odea
http://stargateseries.homeip.net

Well..i'll just say what i did...i reduced the "maximum sources" to 200 and reduced the number of downloading files..i had 35 running downloads before..but i paused like half of them and kept the others running..i have a 512 / 128 download / upload dsl connection..so i defiend my max upload as 8k and my max download as 32k and let them to the max...now i feel that the browsing is better and the download also is running better...hope that help...

#109 User is offline   Golden Tequila 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2004 - 03:39 PM

I'm using McAfee Personal Firewall Plus v5.0 on my XP home ed. It seems like McAfee has been interfering with my eMule when it's on. It has an option to grant full access to an application, and I gave full access to my eMule, but McAfee seems to be blocking certain downloads. I can upload just fine and can connect to servers although my eMule seems to get disconnected from servers often when my McAfee is on. Also, upload/download/connection stats show some weird up and down unstable patterns. If I set my McAfee to "Open," which provides no security, my eMule works just fine. After monitoring McAfee's event log for a while, I came to conclude that McAfee was assuming other clients trying to send me packets using non-standard ports as potential attacks. But, I can get much stuff from clients using standard ports only...
Does anybody else use McAfee Personal Firewall Plus? Any suggestions? I'd really appreciate your help!

#110 User is offline   Dark Reality 

• PipPip

Posted 02 February 2004 - 01:19 PM

I don't know about standalone Norton AV, but I have Norton Internet Security Pro 2003 and the AV component never interferes with eMule, and it scans while I sleep. Never do I see a problem.

#111 User is offline   Sony666 

• Size matters not! Judge me by my size, do you?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Tester

Posted 04 February 2004 - 09:38 PM

added Pasakche Proxy and Norman Virus Software

#112 User is offline   slowsilver 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2004 - 09:59 PM

Re: NAV

NAV Corporate (currently Symantec Corporate) never causes problems.

Re: Kazaa

For curiosity's sake, have you tried running eMule when Kazaa is not running?
Some files are rare because nobody wants them.

eMule has enough anti-corruption measures.
-- SF, Oct 30 2005, 07:08 PM

#113 User is offline   dcgsmix 

• PipPip

Posted 05 February 2004 - 10:35 AM

I never had any conflicts between eMule and other software.
And i have Norton AntiVirus 2004 (worked with 2003 and 2002 too), Norton Firewall, mIrc, ICQ, MSN Messenger, and any other thing that you can think of.

#114 User is offline   Miss P 

• Pip

Posted 08 February 2004 - 07:11 AM

Hey :)

First off i should say that i am using a AMD 2800+, 1024 mb ram computer with a 1500/500 adsl line, i have been using norton corporate edition, sygate, mirc and god knows whatnot at the same time :P
I always get the lowid message, even if i opened the ports i need, but it never caused any problems before.
I never had any problems at all until i upgraded to the .30 version, now all of a sudden emule freezes up after a couple of hours, but strangely it doesnt seem to happen as long as i use my computer, but only when i am afk...

Any idea whats going on?

#115 User is offline   textronix 

• Pip

Posted 15 February 2004 - 10:25 PM

JedipC, on Feb 4 2003, 07:29 AM, said:

For me the problem was with Zone Alarm Pro : disconnecting from server very, very frequently. And very high CPU usage (+40 % on a XP2000+)

I suddenly got the "Lost connection" problem at a frantic rate between 4 and 14 minutes mostly 6 minutes but no excessive cpu load at all. I tried with lower ul speed changeing 4662 port to something very high, changed lan cables, disconnected my NAt (dlink) box but no success and was preparing to accuse my ISP(resently upped to faster connection) but i checked my Zonealarm(freewware) settings first since someone said that "medium security"
had to be used but it was not that either!!!! sso i enabled the logging and tadaaa!! there it was 4672 port was blocked so now i backed to check the security level and it showed "high" now!!!!!!! , i lowered it to medium and now it all worked!!! so please doublecheck your log that 4672 is not blocked since that surely would make you lose your connection to your server.

#116 User is offline   mfp 

• Pip

Posted 21 February 2004 - 02:07 PM

:lol:
I have eMule running with Norton Anti Virus 2004 active, I have not observed any crashes, but in fact it is true that NAV delays the shutdown of eMule dramatically - NAV checks all files in the temp order, thus, if You have a lot of temp-files, it could take 15 minutes or more before eMule finally shuts down. My opinion is that this behaviour is it worth to be protected, anyone who disagrees is free to disable virus checking of the temp and incoming directory (as outlined before by another user)

#117 User is offline   cdratva 

• Pip

Posted 21 February 2004 - 05:42 PM

Miss P, on Feb 8 2004, 07:11 AM, said:

Hey  :)

First off i should say that i am using a AMD 2800+, 1024 mb ram computer with a 1500/500 adsl line, i have been using norton corporate edition, sygate, mirc and god knows whatnot at the same time  :P
I always get the lowid message, even if i opened the ports i need, but it never caused any problems before.
I never had any problems at all until i upgraded to the .30 version, now all of a sudden emule freezes up after a couple of hours, but strangely it doesnt seem to happen as long as i use my computer, but only when i am afk...

Any idea whats going on?

Same here !
I have a DSL 1024 / 128 !
I'm trying to figure out what's happening, but as long as I'm doing something, not necessarily surfing on the web, everything seems ok. I step out of the room, and come back later => dead ! :confused:

I heard there are lots of problems with the router I'm using Netgear RP614v2, but if I restart just the modem (Sagem Fast 908) everything restarts and is working fine :confused:

Any ideas ? Anybody ?

:cry:

#118 User is offline   kaon 

• Pip

Posted 21 February 2004 - 10:16 PM

I cannot find a firewall that doesn't chew up CPU when I use eMule.
I've tried
Zonealarm (free)
Outpost (free and Pro)
Kerio Personal Firewall

I would like to run a firewall because I am connected via a DSL directly to the internet, and I have to share out my printer over windows sharing with my roommate who also has his own IP.

Update:
it seems Kerio will get busy only when the configuration window is up. So I might be able to live with this.

This post has been edited by kaon: 21 February 2004 - 10:18 PM

#119 User is offline   donq 

• ya member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2004 - 10:17 PM

Try Sygate Personal Firewall.
I'm using to surf on :)

#120 User is offline   DoctorYoda 

• Pip

Posted 22 February 2004 - 04:11 AM

Let me throw one more problematic program into the mix:

Trillian (possibly other MSN Messenger software)

My MSN connection keeps getting forcibly disconnected from the server (err 10054) every few minutes.
Disconnect, reconnect, disconnect, reconnect. It was driving my friends nuts. I finally tested it with and without eMule running.

I can go several hours without a problem on trillian, but when I fire up eMule it goes flakey again.

Y!, AIM, and ICQ seem to have no problems.

Something eMule is doing interferes.

My specs:
AMD 1700+ (o/c 1900+), 320 Mb ram @ 145mhz
ADSL 1500/200
Linksys BEFSR41 ver.2 router

-Doctor Yoda

• Member Options

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users