Official eMule-Board: New Translations - Official eMule-Board

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

New Translations wanna have a new translation in eMule?

#41 User is offline   Ornis+ 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 28 April 2005 - 06:16 PM

birk, on Apr 28 2005, 04:57 PM, said:

Dread Knight, on Apr 28 2005, 01:49 AM, said:

Hi! I'd like to make belarusian translation, and in fact i'm already doing it, but there are some problems, for example "%s from %s" seems quite untranslatable, because the %s's are not populated. Maybe you could provide some examples of use or explainations for such cases?
View Post

Not sure I understand you question but those sign are not to be translated since they represent something the program will incert or do like a line break or a title. Maybe a coder can explain it better. :)
View Post

%s is a placeholder for a (dynamic) string being inserted there during runtime.
(same to %i, %f ...)

And those are not to be changed or moved or anything. Only the clear word shall be translated.

Thats particular example is used in the http-download dialog to display something like
"23kb from 83kb" ...

Often (or at least sometimes), the string identifier (here IDS_HTTPDOWNLOAD_FILESTATUS ) can give a clue on the usage of that string ressource.

#42 User is offline   Dread Knight 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 01:08 AM

Ornis+, on Apr 28 2005, 09:16 PM, said:

%s  is a placeholder for a (dynamic) string being inserted  there during runtime.
(same to %i, %f ...)

And those are not to be changed or moved or anything. Only the clear word shall be translated.

Being myself programmer I know what is it all about. But thanks anyway :)

Ornis+, on Apr 28 2005, 09:16 PM, said:

Thats particular example is used in the http-download dialog to display something like
    "23kb from 83kb" ...

Often (or at least sometimes), the string identifier (here IDS_HTTPDOWNLOAD_FILESTATUS ) can give a clue on the usage of that string ressource.
View Post

This will surely help, but there are LOTS of such samples, espessially the ones like "Files", or "Users" which, beacause of the case system in belarusian, can be translated differently, depending on the case, i.e. "Sample Files", "10 Files", "Covered with files" will all use different form of the word for translation. So I'll try to guess the correct form, but I will not be sure I've translated everything ok, until I've seen the belarusian version of eMule and tested it myself.
Hope this will not change the meaning of the texts, but it will surely make them look 'funny'.

By the way - translation is 40%-complete for now - hope it'll be 100% this week. B)

#43 User is offline   alexanderss 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:21 AM

:+1: Hello from Moscow!

I can easily translate on-line FAQs into Russian.
Should I?

I can simply post here all 7 files seen in the English FAQ page. My files will
contain the most precise Russian translation.
Or should I do it in another way?
(Be sure, there are a lot of people here in Russia who DO need this!)

Please reply, Mr. Ornis+, just here or directly to my email: [EDITED BY BIRK - Links to crakc sites] (I have already apologized for this LINK (without "s" at the end! 2005.05.29, alexanderss)

Best regards from Moscow, z9182@alex-cracks.com

This post has been edited by alexanderss: 29 May 2005 - 01:01 PM

#44 User is offline   ardnoosh 

• Pip

Posted 27 May 2005 - 08:55 AM

hi I'm translating the file to Persian (farsi) and my process is 20% done. but when I compile the file translated words appear like ?????????? and I don't know how to fix it please help me fix this problem.

This post has been edited by ardnoosh: 27 May 2005 - 08:59 AM

#45 User is offline   ardnoosh 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 02 June 2005 - 04:26 PM

lol anyway I've fixed the problem with my translation and I guess I can finish it til July :+1:

#46 User is offline   kex_ua 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 02 August 2005 - 05:12 PM

I've already made an ukrainian translation of the rc file, though I made it from the russian one, but that seems nevermind, if the one is right.
So I'm gonna send it to the administrator.

PS. What about site and help localizations into Ukrainian? To tell you the truth, our users need such network, but often non-localized (non-translated) versions of programs make them not use such programs.
So what have I to translate?

#47 User is offline   Timwi 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2005 - 08:49 PM

"23kb from 83kb" ...

Shouldn't that be "23KB of 83KB"?

#48 User is offline   imanseyfi 

• Pip

Posted 03 September 2005 - 10:41 PM

Hey Guys,

I am a member of a team that has more acts in the filed of open source and permited source programming, We distributed FIRE FOX browser in Persian(comi Farsi), you can visit mozdev.org web site or firefox localization to be sure about, therefore, I wanna to translate Emule GUI in to the Persian-Farsi. let me to do as responsibilities as yours and out of the woods.

Nice to writing.

Iman Seyfi

"University of IOWHE & University of Cambridge"

#49 User is offline   birk 

• Room To Let
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2005 - 02:41 PM

imanseyfi, on Sep 4 2005, 12:41 AM, said:

Hey Guys,

I am a member of a team that has more acts in the filed of open source and permited source programming, We distributed FIRE FOX browser in Persian(comi Farsi), you can visit mozdev.org web site or firefox localization to be sure about, therefore, I wanna to translate Emule GUI in to the Persian-Farsi. let me to do as responsibilities as yours and out of the woods.

Nice to writing.

Iman Seyfi

"University of IOWHE & University of Cambridge"
View Post

You just need to translate the eMule.rc file and mail it to ornis (at) emule-project (dot) net. :)

#50 User is offline   canuti 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 07 September 2005 - 10:24 PM

Hi all, i would like to translate emule to Asturian (asturianu) it's a langue that is spoken in the region called Asturies, in the north of spain.
Tell me how i can begin or waht I have to do. It would be fantastic because of it's a minority langue and this would help very much. Bye

Attached File(s)

#51 User is offline   aturuxo 

• Pip

Posted 10 September 2005 - 01:31 AM

Hi,

if you want, I can translate it into Esperanto... I know it's not that useful but that's it

reply w/ your agreement or refusal

#52 User is offline   Masta2002 

• Crazy eMule Masta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Debugger

Posted 11 September 2005 - 08:15 AM

canuti, on Sep 8 2005, 12:24 AM, said:

Hi all, i would like to translate emule to Asturian (asturianu) it's a langue that is spoken in the region called Asturies, in the north of spain.
Tell me how i can begin or waht I have to do. It would be fantastic because of it's a minority langue and this would help very much. Bye
View Post

birk, on Sep 4 2005, 04:41 PM, said:

You just need to translate the eMule.rc file and mail it to ornis (at) emule-project (dot) net. :)
View Post

aturuxo, on Sep 10 2005, 03:31 AM, said:

Hi,

if you want, I can translate it into Esperanto... I know it's not that useful but that's it

reply w/ your agreement or refusal
View Post

Do it

#53 User is offline   Svornatel 

• Pip

Posted 07 October 2005 - 04:22 AM

[Portuguese]
Minha tradução [Português do Brasil] personalizada e atualizada para a versão 0.46c do eMule, muitos podem não gostar da tradução porque tive a liberdade de "inventar" palavras novas para substituir palavras do inglês. Por exemplo: download foi substituída por "baixação", upload por "subida", Web Server por Servidor virtual etc. Recomendo fazer um backup ("bicópia") da tradução (pt_BR.dll) original na pasta eMule\lang, caso não goste da minha reverta a ação. Faça o mesmo com o arquivo LinkCreator.exe na pasta do eMule (geralmente C:\Arquivos de programas\eMule) :+1:

Observação: o arquivo traduzido foi a DLL (pt_BR.DLL) e não o arquivo eMule.rc

[English]
My translation [Portuguese from Brazil] personalized and updated for version 0.46c of the eMule, a lot of people cannot like the translation because I had the freedom of "invent" new words to substitute words of English. e.g.: download was replaced by "baixação", upload by "subida", Web Server by "Servidor virtual" etc. I recommend you does a backup ("bicópia") of the original translation (pt_BR. dll), if you doesn't like mine translation, it reverts the action renaming the original translation file. You must does similar with the file "LinkCreator.exe" [Excuse my mistakes]

PS: the translated file was the DLL (pt_BR.DLL) and not the eMule.rc file.

Attached File  pt_BR.dll_LinkCreator.zip (135.14K)
Number of downloads: 158

This post has been edited by Svornatel: 08 October 2005 - 03:53 AM

#54 User is offline   malamelo 

• Pip

Posted 06 November 2005 - 10:05 AM

hi

i think i can help you in translating the gui to Arabic language for middle east users..

plz send me mail on malamelo@msn.com to discuss the project....

thanks

malamelo

#55 User is offline   cits13th 

• Pip

Posted 22 November 2005 - 08:04 PM

Hi ev'body, I'm interesting to translate to Thai. Right now, it's not completed, yet. Hur..... ton of work.... <_<

Somebody konw Thai?? plz help me.... :)

c ya any soon... :+1:

This post has been edited by cits13th: 22 November 2005 - 09:27 PM

#56 User is offline   vjollca 

• Pip

Posted 19 February 2006 - 02:31 PM

I would like to translate eMule to Albanian.....
I saw the RC file but I need some more help how to start....

#57 User is offline   Colder 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2006 - 11:07 AM

I made new polish translation (based on 0.47a) but is anybody interested about this project?
In January I send PM to @Ornis+ but I didn't get any answer....

#58 User is offline   stonemind 

• Pip

Posted 29 April 2006 - 06:49 AM

Like Japanese and Chinese. I want to translate into my nave language. But I think you can't not build DLL file with my translated .rc file. Because it's not easy for you to do it with my language. I will send you .DLL and all projects files. Is it ok ????????

#59 User is offline   leuk_he 

• MorphXT team.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:38 AM

I tried to write a little howto guide here:

http://forum.emule-p...ndpost&p=746774

It should be bigger. I can give you support for translation that will be used for the morph mod. (and might work also for official....)

But for more questions to me please go the Morph tranlations thread.
Download the MorphXT emule mod here: eMule Morph mod

Trouble connecting to a server? Use kad and /or refresh your server list
Strange search results? Check for fake servers! Or download morph, enable obfuscated server required, and far less fake server seen.

Looking for morphXT translators. If you want to translate the morph strings please come here (you only need to be able to write, no coding required. ) Covered now: cn,pt(br),it,es_t,fr.,pl Update needed:de,nl
-Morph FAQ [English wiki]--Het grote emule topic deel 13 [Nederlands]
if you want to send a message i will tell you to open op a topic in the forum. Other forum lurkers might be helped as well.

#60 User is offline   Patriottu 

• Pip

Posted 28 June 2006 - 02:34 PM

Hi, I would like to translate emule into Sardinian Language, that is spoken in Sardinia since from 2000 years more...
Answer to me as soon as possible
Bye

• Member Options

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users