Follow the steps below if you want support for eMule:
- Please read the forum rules.
- Look at and read eMule's documentation. This applies especially for the FAQ, Setting Up eMule, General Information and Beginners Guide.
- Check the Quck help & guides sub-forum for answers to common problems regarding eg. "Why are my downloads so slow?", "I need a new server.met file", "How to install or update your eMule", "A4AF - What does it mean?", "I have a Low ID" and "How to filter IP's with eMule".
- Search the forum either by looking through different threads in the various forums or by performing a search. Remember that most questions have been asked and answered before so take your time searching because you will probably find something.
- If all of the above mentioned things doesn't answer your question then start a new thread in the appropriate forum. There is a description of the various forums below the link leading to the fourm. All questions or issues related to Mods must be posted in the Mod Forum and preferably in the thread for the applicable Mod. Below is a quote of the things you should include in your post:
Important Support Information When Starting New Threads said:Pc Configuration
- Operating System
- Internet connection type (Bandwidth, Eg: 1024/320 DSL)
- Modem, Router, Proxy (manufacturer and model)
- Spyware detector
- Emule Version
Emule Settings (Options tab)
- Dl/Ul capacity
- Dl/Ul limits
- Hard limit
- Max Connection
- Activated networks (ED2k, Kad, Both)
- Max. new connection/5 secs (Options -> Extended)
- Max half open connection (Options -> Extended)
- Ports TCP/UDP
- Numbers of servers in your server list (How to get a good server list)
- High ID or LowID
- Number of downloading files and average number of sources
- Number of shared files
- Used server name and IP (eg: DonkeyServer NO1)
- Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Is Protocol Obfuscation enabled?
- Found sources (Statistics -> Transfer -> Downloads -> Session -> Found sources)
- I get a message saying '[Some name] is an agent from PeerFactor, she advises you to stop your eMule!' (wording might differ)
Apparently this is the lastest spamming messages from the leecher mod Ketamine. Don't reply to the users sending out these messages since the messages are automated. What you need to do is take part of the message eg PeerFactor and go to eMule's Preferences -> Security -> Filter messages containing: (Seperator |) and put that word or part of the phrase there. Doing so will make sure that you will not get any messages containing that word or phrase again.
- I get a message saying 'Need a new eMule Mod? Join the L33cher Team and buy a Ketamine!'
This message is sent out by users of the leecher mod Ketamine. Don't reply to the users sending out these messages since the messages are automated. What you need to do is take part of the message eg L33cher and go to eMule's Preferences -> Security -> Filter messages containing: (Seperator |) and put that word or part of the phrase there. Doing so will make sure that you will not get any messages containing that word or phrase again.
- Users keeps requesting a list of your shared files. What's wrong?
This is not something related to any organisation protecting copyrights but the work of some MLDonkoney clients since some MLDonkey clients automatically ask for the list of shared files. You might often see the name "geaiez" used which is the default nickname for MLDonkey clients like "http://emule-project.net" is for emule clients. You might also see other names aswell but just make sure that your client is set to deny permission to view your shared files (on by default) in eMule's Settings -> Files -> See my shared files/directories and choose nobody.
- How do I switch from eDonkey to eMule?
Download the eMule Installer version (since it includes the help file) and install. Then move your eDonkey temp directory to the eMule directory. eDonkey and eMule use the same file format for temp files so all your old DL will be ready to go when you start eMule. You should click the "ED2K Links" button in Preferences -> General so they are associated with eMule or select "Associate Links While eMule is Running" if you want to switch back and forth for a while. There also exist an option to import temp files by pressing alt+X and choosing import part files.
- Why does my eMule connect to a server but is disconnected after less than a minute?
It is likely you are sharing too many files or downloading too many files. The servers have a limited capacity (memory) to index files so they limit the number each user may list. The specific values can be set by each server operator using the Lugdunum enhanced software (used by all the big servers). Here are the basic (default guidelines):
http://lugdunum2k.free.fr/kiten.html said:It has a filter to limit the number of shares for each client. The first limit (soft limit) is 1000 by default. If a client publishes more than 1000 shares, the shares in excess are ignored by the server. Moreover, if the number of shares exceeds the hard limit (5000 by default) the client is kicked off the server, in order to save the bandwidth.
- "[Warning] Your client is connecting too fast, it will get banned"
There is nothing the user can do (within reason) to cause eMule to connect too fast. These messages are also from an MLDonkey client IIRC so represent a very small portion of the ed2k community. Just ignore the message.
- How can I see my credits?
There isn't a simple answer for this one as credits are on a user by user basis rather than a transferable unit. The shortest answer is to compare your total UL to total DL (show in statistics). The higher the ratio of UL to DL the better your credit (but the worse your DL have been). With a specific user you can look in the user details dialog (right-click on another user) and compare your their DL (from you == your UL) with your own DL.
This post has been edited by PacoBell: 06 July 2008 - 05:21 AM
Reason for edit:: removed a duplicate question regarding number of servers