Official eMule-Board: I Need A New Server.met File! - Official eMule-Board

• (3 Pages)
  • +

I Need A New Server.met File! Where do I get it and how does it work..

#21 User is offline   phoenix_session 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 March 2006 - 05:29 AM

niclights, on Mar 10 2006, 08:44 PM, said:

The response 'server is full/dead' indicates a problem with your configuration - almost certainly firewall and/or router.  If you need further help pls post a new thread in the main support forum.
View Post

Alright!
I´ll check with the ISP (Wireless / Spread-Spectrum Radio) about some change cause here, at my computer, nothing was changed. Thanks. :confused:

#22 User is offline   lodemas 

• Pip

Posted 23 May 2006 - 12:36 AM

Hi everyone, I've read as much as I could, but I still have problems with servers: first of all I wrote http://corpo.free.fr/server.met in the adresses.dat file, it worked for a couple of days, but then the messages appeared again:

BAD SIZE : Your client knows a wrong size for this file (4056769 instead of 3337429086), you probably were misled by a wrong link, please check <bleep!>

I think this is because I'm connected to a fake server, then I tried to add manually servers from http://www.emule-mod...?servermet=show, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it's quite annoying to add new servers everytime I connect emule.

I've also tried deleting all the servers in the servers tab, and including new ones.

How can I avoid fake servers? :cry:

This post has been edited by PacoBell: 24 May 2006 - 06:13 AM

#23 User is offline   white lightning 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2006 - 12:41 AM

Try here :

http://forum.emule-p...howtopic=100907
rEally lOve eMule & tHis fOrum

#24 User is offline   niclights 

• lost in space
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2006 - 12:32 AM

I think it is more likely that the server is just informing you that one of your files is not what you think it is ;)

#25 User is offline   lodemas 

• Pip

Posted 25 May 2006 - 12:01 AM

Thanks for your answers..... I have already tried what the suggested post said, with no success....

And I don't think it's a matter of fake files, because when the message appears, I turn to low ID, and downloading stops.

I couldn't download a single file during this last week.... and I don't know what else to do..... is free.corpo working for everybody?????

Thanks again!

#26 User is offline   ElChele 

• Miembro con emule 0.50a
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2006 - 06:32 AM

Hi everyone
@ lodemas

lodemas said:

BAD SIZE : Your client knows a wrong size for this file (4056769 instead of 3337429086),

lodemas said:

And I don't think it's a matter of fake files,

I am not sure, about your affirmation. In order to be sure, you make the following thing:
Close emule.
Rename the folder Temp. (EX: Temp2)
Keep the Temp2 folder outside emule dir.
Run emule.
Wait for a time, to see if the problem persists.
Tell us the results.

bye
Posted Image Make your own ipfilter file, and manage fake files. Take in count, You are the best filter for emule.

#27 User is offline   lodemas 

• Pip

Posted 25 May 2006 - 10:56 PM

Hello ElChele, thanks a lot for your answer.....

It seems I've solved the problem.... I thought it was a matter of fake servers because I read that in another post, but I looked at the files I was trying to download, and I found some files quite stranges... always in red, and when I double clicked at them, there were all messages saying "demasiadas conexiones" , that's too many conections, I cancelled these files, and everything started to work again.

Well, I'm quite new at emule...... And I start to desperate when it's not working!!!

Thanx again!

#28 User is offline   Brooke 

• Pip

Posted 27 May 2006 - 09:25 PM

"No server list address entry in 'addresses.dat' found."
What should I do?? From where can I get server list address? I'm not a computer genious.. and please forgive me if my English isn't very good ;]
I've got eMule earlier and everything was good, really good, I haven't got any problems!! Now I must install it once again and the problem appears.. HELP! :worthy:

Oh and I tried to install it twice, and I tried to found some servers by myself but
"2006-05-27 23:23:08: No valid servers to connect in server list found"

I'm getting FURIOUS!

#29 User is offline   ElChele 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2006 - 11:01 PM

@ Brooke
Try this one.
bye
Posted Image Make your own ipfilter file, and manage fake files. Take in count, You are the best filter for emule.

#30 User is offline   lodemas 

• Pip

Posted 28 May 2006 - 12:46 AM

Sorry to bother again :bouncehi:

Even though that messages of "Bad Size...." did not appear again, things are not working here.... the servers frequently disconnect, or give me low ID, or I'm connected, High ID, open Kad, but download doesn't start, and, the number of sources of files change dramatically (I mean, in 10 minutes vary from 300 to 10 sources).

is is possible that I'm getting a false high id due to fake servers?

I added servers manually, I wrote corpo's server.met in the addresses file, what else can I do?

well, all troubles started when I updated to 0.47... since then I haven't downloaded a single file...

Any clue?????

#31 User is offline   niclights 

• lost in space
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2006 - 02:47 AM

@lodemas: Pls start a new thread in the support forum - this thread is not the place to solve your problems.

The Corpo list is fine, though you must be careful to set the options to not automatically update the list. Whichever, you can choose which server you connect to.
I still think that the bad size message was telling you something was wrong with one of your files.
I don't think any of your problems are related to server but because you are overloading your connection or it is unstable.

The files you had that were red with 'too many connections' did not mean they were bad or fake. It just meant your client has not had enough time to contact them yet (defined by Max New Connections/5sec) or has run out of available connections (defined by Max Connections). This would suggest either you had only recently started downloading (including re-starting client) and/or you have a large number of files downloading.

When you start the new thread pls provide details about Max Connections, Max New Connections/5sec (options/extended), UL Limit, upload bandwidth, how many files you are sharing and how many files you are downloading.

This post has been edited by niclights: 28 May 2006 - 02:51 AM

#32 User is offline   irinuca 

• Pip

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:56 PM

I have a problem. I just updated my server list and the downloads stopped...I guess it was foolish of me changing them now cause I cannot down anymore...what to do to go back to the old list ? O guess the download stopped because I changed the sources. Please, help ! :(

#33 User is offline   niclights 

• lost in space
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:04 PM

Connect to a good server (ie. Donkeyservers) and all will be fine. Sources take time to be acquired and then you must wait your turn in queue but it will work just the same as before.

#34 User is offline   daileit 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 23 August 2006 - 12:57 AM

I have a problem. In my list of server there isn't any server since last day.
how can I get them now?
thanks

View Postdaileit, on Aug 23 2006, 02:55 AM, said:

I have a problem. In my list of server there isn't any server since last day.
how can I get them now?
thanks

#35 User is offline   niclights 

• lost in space
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:48 PM

Scroll up the page a bit and find links ;)

#36 User is offline   Chungalin 

• Pip

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:26 PM

Regarding the error message "No valid servers to connect in server list found" when pressing Connect button or when automatically reconnecting after loss (even with a valid list of servers loaded), it depends on two factors:

1) Having enabled the option "Server" -> "Autoconnect to servers in static list only".
AND
2) No servers are marked as Static in server list.

I got that error message just after upgrading to 0.47b, but I don't know which one of these two things did the upgrade alter to make the error appear. I just added the "DonkeyServer No_" servers to static list and done.

#37 User is offline   cltaylor77 

• Pip

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:28 PM

Hi, ive just downloaded emule for the very first time and dont know how to start,
it doesnt seem to be connecting to a server and on the right it says updae server.met.
any dieas?
ps please keep it simple im not so hot with pcs..
Thanks

View Postbirk, on Apr 30 2004, 03:47 PM, said:

Links to sites containing server.met files often change and this is why there will be few links in this post. Emule's documentation on server.met files which can be found here offers some different links for these files. Othervise use google to search for "server.met" files.

Regarding links to server.met file there are basically two different kinds. One is the direct link when you click on the link you will be asked where to save the file and the other one is a none direct link to a html page where there is a link to the server.met files. There are some different ways of updating your server.met file. Choose the one you feel most comfortable with:
  • On eMule's server button tab there is a place where it says "Update server.met from URL". In the text box you put a direct link to a server.met file and click the "Update" button. A server.met file is now added to your eMule.

• You can find a direct link to a server.met file and download it. The downloaded file has to be placed in eMule's config folder which is often located at C:\Program Files\eMule\Config\. When you are asked to overwrite the existing file you answer yes and your server.met file is now updated.

• This possibility is only valid if you have enabled that eMule can take ED2K links. This is done in eMule's settings -> General and in the buttom of the box. If the "ED2K links" is grayed out eMule is enabled to take ED2K links.
    Click on a none direct link and click the "Add to Emule" link and your server.met file is updated.

• The last option is not generally recommended since it causes heavy load on servers but the option to use it exists.
    Open eMule's settings -> Server and click the "list" button. This opens the adresses.dat file located in eMule's config folder. Insert a direct link to a server.met file in the text area, save it and close it. Remember to click "Auto update server list on start" and shut down eMule's settings. Everytime you start your eMule from now on a completely new server.met file will be downloaded for you.
Credit for the information goes to Saarbot!

#38 User is offline   ENHN 

• Pip

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:56 PM

View Postbirk, on Feb 18 2005, 08:47 PM, said:

Use the link posted in the thread (http://ed2k.2x4u.de/index.html). Choose any and new servers will be added. :)

:confused:
i am sorry, i dont get it... is this link (http://ed2k.2x4u.de/index.html) supposed to go under the "update server.met from URL"??
if not, which URL should?? I have delted ALL my servers and have none now... is this the right way to ger new servers to appear there?

thanks! :unsure:

#39 User is offline   ElChele 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:07 PM

Forget that link.
Try This one
bye

#40 User is offline   Shiresa 

• Pip

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:00 PM

I am new too with the emule, and despite i have done what you have said, im having problems with the server. When I set it up, i get

"Versiontag unvalid in server.met (0xD)!"

What am i supposed to do?

Thanks!

• Member Options

• (3 Pages)
  • +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users