Official eMule-Board: Windows Xp/2000 Crashes - Official eMule-Board

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Windows Xp/2000 Crashes while using eMule ?

#21 User is offline   Sony666 

• Size matters not! Judge me by my size, do you?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Tester

Posted 02 March 2004 - 09:05 PM

1jx3pu220, on Jan 27 2004, 11:31 AM, said:

Latest drivers, disabling antivirus and firewall and so on wasn't (in my case) the real matter.

I thing my solution could apply for USB modems

I checked IRQ settings and found that the USB universal controller (on my VIA Chipset) shared IRQ resource with my audio board; I simply forced (from Bios) the audio board IRQ to a different value.

That's it

This is exactly what I mean :)

Unstable modms/network cards seem to be a major problem. Of course we get the blame for it every time :cry2:

#22 User is offline   xnorf 

• eMule King
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Validating

Posted 03 March 2004 - 11:50 PM

ishare, on Jan 28 2004, 04:29 AM, said:

When eMule is runing, it acts as an server, and is vulnerable to attacks such as TCP SYN Flooding, which drain system memory and cause OS to crash.

I noticed my process emule.exe uses a lot of Mem, sometimes more than 200 MB.

How can I find out my system is flooded? Is there a tool?
<edit>I just type netstat -a >C:\net.txt. It listed 110 connections. But only 1 line SYN_send. According to http://www.cert.org/...CA-1996-21.html this is not bad.</edit>
Can I block those attacks with filtering a IP-range?
Should I put the IP-filter into emule's filter or directly into my firewall, kerio 2.1.5?

This post has been edited by xnorf: 04 March 2004 - 12:05 AM

#23 User is offline   Michael Corleone 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned

Posted 04 March 2004 - 11:49 AM

Sony666, on Mar 2 2004, 09:05 PM, said:

Unstable modms/network cards seem to be a major problem. Of course we get the blame for it every time :cry2:

of course, eMule are too aggressive with the network resources. :P :D :lol:

:ranting: :devil: :furious:

:worthy: :punk:

Michael Posted Image

#24 User is offline   KAZAnova 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 06 March 2004 - 05:53 PM

I have to disagree with Sony666. Emule as well as any other program can cose a system crash.
I don't use any firewalls and I disabled Anti Virus as well as Messenger(just to see if it will help).So Emule is the only program conncted to Internet. But result is the same - 15 min and computer reboots again.
I never had this problem with other versions of Emule, even when there were running 10 other programs connected to Internet or running processes like Anti Viruse and Firewalls.
Just today everything was working fine and only I installed a V0.42b, here you are...problems, problems, problems..... :ranting:
So you still want to say, this is not Emule, but my computer couses all this problems :confused:

#25 User is offline   xnorf 

• eMule King
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2004 - 06:19 PM

Blaster-Virus?

#26 User is offline   KAZAnova 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 07 March 2004 - 10:59 AM

:thumbup: So I was right !The problem is in the eMule v0.42b and not in my computer. I installed the last version of eMulePlus v1j and everithing is working fine again!
Do not need to disable the Anti Virus or anything else. Actually it was very strange to propose to us something like that.Do you think, when we are using eMule we are not surfing the Internet at the same time? :hammer2:
But anyway, I solved my problem and if you want to solve yours , just install another version of eMule, there a lot of them in the wild :thumbup:

#27 User is offline   xnorf 

• eMule King
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2004 - 01:51 PM

Actually, my emule doesn't crash, it only uses a lot of memory. I am happy with emule and his ratios (1:3 to 1:4)

#28 User is offline   donq 

• ya member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2004 - 03:46 PM

KAZAnova, on Mar 7 2004, 12:59 PM, said:

:thumbup: So I was right !The problem is in the eMule v0.42b and not in my computer. I installed the last version of eMulePlus v1j and everithing is working fine again!

It's good that you got your system working :)

But - you're not right. I know, there's almost impossible admit that something may be wrong in your computer (for example MY computer is absolutely OK and 100% faultless :P), especially when 99.9% of programs work well. Yes, I can agree that eMule can cause problems indirectly - it just may create some situation, when driver and other low-level software bugs pop up.

Well, no need to start flame. We just see same things at a bit different viewpoint, nothing more :)
I'm using to surf on :)

#29 User is offline   future.former 

• Pip

Posted 12 March 2004 - 08:11 PM

i have the same problems as the other win xp users:

crashes with bluescreens & directly reboots... :o(

the blue screens show: pfn_list_corrupt oder irql_less_or_not_equal

when a firewall is working in background often the firewall-driver occurs the "blue valley".

now i disabled the firewall (kerio) and antivir, updated my network-drivers, checked ram, all system settings, bios and completely removed all pci-devices from the slots, but the crashes are still coming, not so often like before,but they are coming.

so, the problem only occurs when emule is running... :o( my hardware is working very stable without running emule, even when it's hard stressed.

some days my emule is running for 72 hours without any crashes, and i was hard working the same time on the machine (videorendering, gaming, music production, internet). yesterday, emule has been crashin' down my system for more than 5 times, today it was 3 times...!!!

i am using v0.42d under windows xp pro sp1 with the newest updates availlable on a supermicro dual pIII-servermainboard with alot of onboard komponents (scsi, sound, network) & my hardware-firewall is well configured.

my old motherboard was equiped with an isa-networkcard-chipset from ne2000 = no problems. the new board has an intel pro 10/100 onboard-device.

now i am on experience with connection-settings in emule - perhaps there is the problem ? i will try out 10/100 up to 50/500. i think it's a "connection-overflow"-bug (can we call it like this ?) that causes sme networking devices to write into wrong memory-adresses.

any suggestions ?

future.former

#30 User is offline   donq 

• ya member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2004 - 09:25 PM

future.former, on Mar 12 2004, 10:11 PM, said:

the blue screens show: pfn_list_corrupt oder irql_less_or_not_equal

In what module exactly? Often these errors point to network driver fault, but not always.

i am using v0.42d under windows xp pro sp1 with the newest updates availlable on a supermicro dual pIII-servermainboard with alot of onboard komponents (scsi, sound, network) & my hardware-firewall is well configured.

Have you tried older eMules (0.27, 0.30), other eMule mods (eMuleplus)?
About motherboard - what devices share IRQ with network?

my old motherboard was equiped with an isa-networkcard-chipset from ne2000 = no problems. the new board has an intel pro 10/100 onboard-device.

Look here: http://downloadfinde...al&submit=Go%21 (maybe not exactly right page, intel has a lot of adapters). I would attempt to upgrade driver.

#31 User is offline   future.former 

• Pip

Posted 12 March 2004 - 09:50 PM

most times the bluescreens doesn't show a module name, it's just only a mem-address.

before i deeinstalled the firewall, my fwdrv.sys crashed, so i located ONE of the possible faults.

i haven't tried older vesions of emule before 0.3x yet. i will first check out lower connectionsrates and emule-settings.

if the problem will be solved by this action, it would be important to implement an hint in new emule, to let the user decide @ which settings the donkey is running tough & stable... *g*

if not, i will check out other versions before 0.29, and if them won't crash, it is a new bug in emule, based on handling connections...

where do i get good & SAFE emule mods ? i never tried them before... perhaps they are better ?

thx & greetz,

future.former

#32 User is offline   **weapon** 

• Pip

Posted 12 March 2004 - 10:04 PM

:P

Zonealarm is a bitch ass firewall, but i've recently changed to sygate because of the problems with zonelarm and emule. Even havin configured it to deal with emule after havin read endless posts i still found that my downloads were too slow for my 1mb connection. So i reluctantly changed to sygate and my downloads have doubled in speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd have loved to stay with zonealarm as it rocks but needs must!!!!

I've had no problems to date with sygate and my downloads have been constantly high and emule has stopped jumpin servers every 10 mins.

so go SYGATE!!!!

enjoy.

:thumbup:

#33 User is offline   future.former 

• Pip

Posted 13 March 2004 - 04:13 AM

>> In what module exactly? Often these errors point to network driver fault, but not always.

13.02.2004, saturday, 05:10 a.m. - now the system crashed after 8 hours fully working into a bluescreen.

it was module "win32k.sys".

i had several applications opened [emule, outlook, cdex, iexplorer, sim city ;o)], and system had alot to do same time...

future.former

#34 User is offline   blazer380 

• Pip

Posted 13 March 2004 - 09:57 AM

i have a brand new machine with the latest drivers for everything. After I installed emule 42d, my computer randomly reboots. I also have win XP pro and i know everything on my pc works great, except when i run emule. i have a Cable connection and have reduced my Max connections to 400. Gonna leave it overnight and check on it in the morning.... :sleep:

#35 User is offline   donq 

• ya member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2004 - 02:57 PM

future.former, on Mar 13 2004, 06:13 AM, said:

it was module "win32k.sys".

Nasty thing (no good solution). Read this: http://www.annoyance...nxp/t1031315908. Most often (hidden) ram problems (not always though).

#36 User is offline   dna67 

• Pip

Posted 14 March 2004 - 10:16 AM

Hi
I also have strange problems with emule 0.42d and winxp. BSOD, strange LAN disconnects (yes all traffic), reboots. All drivers and windows updates are up to date. I never had any of this problems before or when using 0.30e so i switched back to it and everyting is perfectly stable. I didn't have to wait a minute for 0.42d to make my system start acting strange so its easy to tell everything is fine with 0.30e after many weeks of usage. I can say that I never had a BSOD on this system (compaq nx7000) before and the RAM is all fine acording to memtest86. 0.42d must have hit a soft spot on winxp. Maybe a new unknown bug in winxp? Tried to lower the connection limit to 50 but it didn't help either.

Hope you find the cause of this problem.
Good luck, until then, 0.30e.

#37 User is offline   Neeero 

• Pip

Posted 15 March 2004 - 07:52 AM

I've had similar symptoms for a while, and it has gotten to the point where if i open emule, my computer will reboot and crash within 5 minutes. I've pretty much tried everything everybody has said and googled it pretty hard.

Currently i'm on a hunch that the problem is irq conflicts. For those experiencing the problem, try this:

Goto Start->Run

Type WinMsd and press enter

Click on the "hardware resources" -> "IRQ's"

IRQ Number Device
9 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
11 NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440
11 VIA USB Universal Host Controller
11 VIA USB Universal Host Controller
11 Creative SB Audigy
11 OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
11 D-Link Air DWL-520 Wireless PCI Adapter(rev.D) #2
14 Primary IDE Channel
15 Secondary IDE Channel
8 System CMOS/real time clock
13 Numeric data processor
6 Standard floppy disk controller
4 Communications Port (COM1)
3 Communications Port (COM2)
12 PS/2 Compatible Mouse
1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard

This is what my list looks like, notice everything is pilled on IRQ 11?

This is my hunch, although i do not know all of the technical know-how behind it, i'm currently trying to fiddle around with bios settings to fix this. One major option you guys should check in your bios is "Plug and Play OS = On" , because i noticed mine was set to off when i last checked. Do the WINMSD thing and post your info here and maybe we could solve this problem collectively.

#38 User is offline   rdf_northolt 

• Pip

Posted 19 March 2004 - 09:31 AM

Well, yesterday I upgraded my notebook and desktop pc's from version 0.42b to 0.42d. The notebook works brilliant. eMule on the desktop keeps crashing whenever I start it up.

Both pc's run Windows XP. The desktop is the gateway to ADSL 256k line running Norton Firewall. I have disabled the firewall and still eMule crashes.

I am running the latest updates to XP that are available.

Stupidly, I deleted the installer for 0.42b - does anyone have a copy they would be willing to email to me?

TVMIA

Bob

#39 User is offline   skinny 

• Pip

Posted 19 March 2004 - 09:50 PM

you can download all versions off the mule itself as when the new versions are released, they are shared on the mule as well as put up on the site

0.42b is at ed2k://|file|eMule0.42b-Installer.exe|4024025|378A07910920FFC9A81DB3D74925C92F|/

also, all the past versions are on emule's sourceforge page at http://sourceforge.n...?group_id=53489

(edited to get ed2k link working)

ok, soddit. :( im sure you can copy and paste

This post has been edited by skinny: 19 March 2004 - 10:06 PM

#40 User is offline   Biosphere 

• Pip

Posted 21 March 2004 - 10:04 AM

I've been running eMule for months now.

0.30e was awesome, great speeds up and down. I'm on a 576/288 dsl line, I know wierd speeds, blame BT Broadband :-k

As soon as I upgraded to 0.42d the ONLY problem I've had is bad download speeds. I used to average 50-60K down and a solid 30 up. With this new eMule I get a max of around 40 down and 15 up.

I have noticed when I check my network properties that there is ALOT of other network activity, it seems eMule is using more bandiwidth than what it states.

For example, when eMule says it's downloading at 30K in the network properties it shows 60k.

My dad on the other hand, has a brand new system and he's constantly getting BSOD's upto 5 a day. :confused:

But I've been running a firewall and antivirus software since the beginning and eMule has NEVER acted bad with it. Current uptime = 2days 16:11:25 :thumbup:

This post has been edited by Biosphere: 21 March 2004 - 10:06 AM

• Member Options

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users