• +
  • « First

File Extensions Please questions here!

#101 User is offline   dmiminas 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 January 2006 - 08:12 PM

dani_555, on Jan 24 2005, 04:00 PM, said:

Install Daemon-Tools. Restart PC (afaik). Start D-Tools (if it's not in the autostart). Rightclick the symbol in the taskbar. "Virtual CD/DVD-ROM" > "Device [x]" > "Mount Image" > Choose your file. Wait. CD/DVD autostart or open the CD/DVD via explorer.
If you have problems with the CD, try "Emulation".
View Post

Why is it not working with the .iso file I got? I can see the contents which are files with pictures and a separate .trs file; but how do I use this data? it's supposed to be a language course!!!? PLEASE HELP

#102 User is offline   tijnenzo 

• and NO it's not a BLUNT!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:45 PM

Try opening it with Alcohol 120%, you have to put the file into the virtual drive and let it read it.

:+1:
“Life is growth. If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead.”

Morihei Ueshiba

#103 User is offline   PacoBell 

• Professional Lurker ¬_¬ (so kyoot!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 18 March 2006 - 12:47 AM

tijnenzo, on Jan 11 2006, 02:45 PM, said:

Try opening it with Alcohol 120%
View Post
...or the freeware DAEMON Tools. They upgraded to a new version just this month ^_^
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes
Math is delicious!
MmMm! Mauna Loa Milk Chocolate Toffee Macadamias are little drops of Heaven ^_^
Si vis pacem, para bellum DIE SPAMMERS DIE!

#104 User is offline   xnorf 

• eMule King
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Validating

Posted 18 March 2006 - 09:56 AM

BTW: Don't forget to run hijacktis/spybot/adaware after installing DT, because it has adware (VVSN.exe)

#105 User is offline   lordpake 

• Hiding in the wall
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2006 - 11:40 AM

Another free emulator for cd/dvd drives is from SlySoft, Virtual CloneDrive. I haven't tried this one yet myself so I can not give any comments regarding it.
#eMule-Finland @ irc.mindforge.org ~ both English and Finnish will do ^^

My system specs are --> here <-- | Netizen's guide to Flame Warriors | Spyware problems? Try LandzDown Forum

#106 User is offline   aachen 

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:41 PM

.FLV extension how I execute this files??

#107 User is offline   Donkey Breath 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:49 PM

View Postaachen, on Sep 14 2006, 09:41 AM, said:

.FLV extension how I execute this files??

Doesn't anyone try to search for answers themselves anymore? or is it easier to be lazy?

Put .flv into a search engine (ie google) and see what happens.

ANSWER

#108 User is offline   m8h 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 October 2006 - 08:05 AM

View PostDonkey Breath, on Sep 14 2006, 04:49 PM, said:

Doesn't anyone try to search for answers themselves anymore?

Why should they do that when they can come here and piss you off with ridiculous questions :flowers:
It's a lot more fun! :P

#109 User is offline   alexgreece 

• Pip

Posted 20 October 2006 - 10:48 AM

:cry: i want some help please. i have downloaded a winrar from emule but they want a password which i don't know so i cannot open the files. please can you help me? what is the meaning of sharing things if they put passwords? i don't understand it!

#110 User is offline   lordpake 

• Hiding in the wall
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 October 2006 - 07:08 PM

View Postalexgreece, on Oct 20 2006, 01:48 PM, said:

:cry: i want some help please. i have downloaded a winrar from emule but they want a password which i don't know so i cannot open the files. please can you help me? what is the meaning of sharing things if they put passwords? i don't understand it!

Ehem, we do not support these kinds fo topics here I am afraid :) There is one place to get WinRAR and that is the official site for it. It is a trial version, however it does not need a password.

http://www.rarlab.com/
#eMule-Finland @ irc.mindforge.org ~ both English and Finnish will do ^^

My system specs are --> here <-- | Netizen's guide to Flame Warriors | Spyware problems? Try LandzDown Forum

#111 User is offline   Paingiver 

• I believe it is so... Indeed!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2006 - 07:48 AM

View Postlordpake, on Oct 20 2006, 08:08 PM, said:

View Postalexgreece, on Oct 20 2006, 01:48 PM, said:

Ehem, we do not support these kinds fo topics here I am afraid :) There is one place to get WinRAR and that is the official site for it. It is a trial version, however it does not need a password.

http://www.rarlab.com/

I believe he has downloaded a rar file (not WinRar) which is encripted with a password.
Sometimes there is a clue to it in the file name, usually a www address. So the password for the file 'someapp.www.fred.com' could be 'www.fred.com'. Other than this, I cant help.
T.W.O. Vice President in charge of spam (or the lack there of!).·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Listen to the C64 remix scene on Slay Radio
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * It really does kick Nectarines butt! * * * *

#112 User is offline   DREADIE 

• Pip

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:49 AM

View Postwaynebike, on Jan 9 2004, 12:07 AM, said:

Ok guys, a whole lot of you are asking what do to with the various files you download using eMule, so I?m writing up this mini file-extension summary. This will cover some of the more common file-types that Windows does not recognize by default.

So, lets get started shall we!

1.).BIN, these are binary image files of CD?s, usually accompanied by a .cue file that will be covered later in this guide. These can be manipulated by many different programs. My favorite way to handle these is to simply use a program like Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools. Using these tools you can mount the images using ?Virtual? drives, that means you can use them as if they were CD?s w/o burning it to a CD at all. Although the easiest and most popular way to handle these files is burning them onto a CD, I don?t suggest burning the file directly, I would advise you to burn the .cue file, as it actually shirnks the size of the file when burnt, and is handled by popular burning software, such as Ahead Nero. If you have downloaed a film in .bin format, a media player called VideoLan for Windows can play these files.

2.).CUE, these little guys are typically very small in size, <1kB. And simply provide applications with specs pertaining to how the file is laid out on disk. The files they provide this information for are the .bin files. Because they provide programs with how the image is to be laid out on disk, they tend to make the file small enough to fit onto a CD, which is why I say everyone should download the .cue file if they are downloading a .bin image. They can be burned by programs such as Nero or just about any other burning software. As well as mounted using Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools.

3.).ZIP, these are compressed archives of files, many times people will compress image files, to make transfers go faster, because the file size is smaller. Yes, windows XP does recognize these by default, but windows sucks at everything :P . Popular extracting tools are WinAce, WinRAR, WinZip

4.).RAR, these are the same idea as zip files, and can be read by WinRAR and WinAce.

5.).ISO, Disk image files, can be mounted or burned using nero, Alcohol 120%, or Daemon Tools.

6.)CloneCD Sub-section *Credit goes to SirXerxes and Idiot for this*
The three files written (with the ending *.CCD, *.IMG and *.SUB) are
.CCD - The CloneCD control file. It contains information about the logical structure of the CD. The CCD file is an ASCII text file. Experienced users may want to modify it.
.IMG - Image, the main channel data of all tracks of the CD
.SUB - Sub Channel Data, the sub channel data of all tracks of the CD
The three files must be in the same directory. They must have the same "front" name, e.g. Clone CD Image.ccd, CloneCD Image.img and Clone CD Image.sub.

7.).NFO, windows trys to open these files incorrectly by default, they can be viewed by choosing to open them in notepad/wordpad. They usually contain information about the file you have downloaded.

8.).ACE, Just like ZIPs and RARs, its an archive, use WinAce. (Thanks SirXerxes)

9.).OGG audio and .OGM video files can be opened with a little help of OGGDS (Thanks killmaus)

10.) .APE can be opened via MonkeysAudio (Thanks killmaus)

11.).MPC can be opened via MusePack (Thanks killmaus)

others: If you did not found the file-extention you are loocking for, go to this database:http://filext.com. It will tell you known formats to an entered file extention!

-----------------------------------------------------

Please if you have any other questions/comments pertaining to file extensions, post them here, too many people post the same questions, its getting old :)

and hey, before you go posting to find out what file extension uses what program, check out this website, Filext.com, and see if they have your answer!

#113 User is offline   sourcreampudding 

• Pip

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:17 AM

What does "SUB ITA" mean in video file names?

#114 User is offline   niclights 

• lost in space
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:27 AM

Italian Subtitles! (this is not an extension ;) )

#115 User is offline   muhammadarif 

• Pip

Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:56 PM

is there any one have a rhinosr6+gemvision matrix 6.0 with hardware key no dongle recuired peasse hep me for this any one want to share a file i will be veery thank full to you my hotmail id is shahroz_prem@hotmail.com pease contact and help me for this

• Member Options

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users