Official eMule-Board: Why Are My Downloads So Slow. (7/22/03) - Official eMule-Board

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Why Are My Downloads So Slow. (7/22/03)

#61 User is offline   Spanner_ 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 April 2004 - 08:35 PM

I am also suffering from 0.0...kbs d/l speeds after "upgrading" e-mule. The problem seems to be that any user that negins to transfer a file to me almost instantly disconnects. The same happens with my uploads: Someone will join my up-load list, the upload speed will spike to 25k then rapidly decline, but instead of normalising at a constant u/l speed the connection just dissapears. Occassionally i am able to upload at a high speed for a long period of time, but this is still only to about 1 client out of 100. (no i do not have an upload list of 100 clients - im taking the que rotation into account)

My d/l capacity is 600K and Upload is 300K (set to 52Kb/s and 25Kb/s in e-mule)
I have a High ID, and have also tried using the KAD network.

(this sessions u/l d/l ratio: 67.1 / 1 :shock: total data transfered is not even worth mentioning. :ranting: )

Another problem ive seen is the intermitent functioning of the search feature, but thats a different kettle of fish all together.

(Would reverting to an older e-mule sort out the problem(s)?)

*EDIT/ADDITION*

After leafing through various related boards, it would seem that reverting back to e-mule 0.30e. This is what i have done (uninst e-mule 0.4Xx - inst 0.30e) and have instantly seen a significant improvement in d/l and u/l rates, with no connections "timing out".

This post has been edited by Spanner_: 20 April 2004 - 09:50 PM

#62 User is offline   techweenie 

• Pip

Posted 20 April 2004 - 09:53 PM

I've never really noticed a problem with any recent versions of eMule. I have 0.42e right now and its currently downloading at 30kb/sec total. Sources for files have been through the roof lately, and it doesn't take very long to download any files. I'm on a cable connection with 3mbps downstream and 512kbps upstream, behind a software-based router, and all relevant ports routed. Maybe its just the files you all are going after? :mellow:

#63 User is offline   Kassad 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 24 April 2004 - 10:46 AM

hallo all!

I get a low ID...

ok, I have a router, a D-Link. Doesnot look much like the syslink router listed in the help file.

I did everything listed in the help files (I think..):

-in the router settings I enabled the following virtual server: emule at the port 4661 (4662 seems a prob) with TCP protocoll. I set the same port in the emule preferences/connections

-in the router firewall I enabled the same port, the 4661
(I tried with 4661, 4662, 4663, 5662 port, no differences)

-I enabled port 4711 TCP protocoll for the web interface; port 4672 (both UDP and TCP protocoll);
these also both in the virtual server and in the firewall settings.

-I also did this thing listed in the Help file:
""When using a router in a network the option DHCP - Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol in the router should be turned off. Assign static IPs to each client in the network. This can be done in Window's Network Connections -> LAN Connection -> Properties -> TCP/IP. Deactivate the automatic IP assignment and enter an IP in the range of 192.168.xxx.xxx. Different types of router have different home IP ranges, this is noted in the router's manual.
[I have found out also this... after initial panic lol]
After entering a valid IP the Subnet Mask field automatically changes to 255.255.255.0. Last step is to enter your router's IP as Standard Gateway and as DNS Server.""
After some mistakes it worked out.

But after all, still I get a low ID, downloads in the range of a tenth of a kB/s and uploads (many) in the order of the kB/s

Why?? can anybody help me?? :(

I have an Athlon 1.6GH
256MB RAM
Windows 2000 service pack 4
I use opera as browser

I don't know what else add. I hope somebody has an hint, or something.
Thanks in advance,

Kassad

#64 User is offline   JohnnyM 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 29 April 2004 - 01:00 AM

HI
First I'll start by saying I love eMule! :punk: Next I am having a problem with ver0.42e, after running for a couple of hours it(emule) will crash :cry: 0.42d was stable as a rock and I could leave it on all the time, but 0.42e seems to be a bit twitchy. I am running KAD and using upload speed sense, I have cable and transferred most of my settings from 0.42d. I get a high ID and got no problem with the download/upload speeds. Any suggestions? :confused:

#65 User is offline   Prophet Zarquon 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 10 May 2004 - 11:04 PM

:ranting: :furious:

Personally, I'm about ready for a "what's-in-it-for-me" p2p solution!

Here's some quick stats:

Session UL:DL ratio: 4.54:1
Cumulative: 1.70:1
Cumulative Uploaded Data: 10.93GB

Current UL: 19.9
Current DL: 0.0

I *am* LowID, but this is due to a NAT in my DSL modem and I have not found any way around it. :cry:

I have plenty of available bandwidth (even about 20% unused UpLoad).
I have plenty of sources for the files I want.

Now I can understand a points system, but my thought it this:

Why am I uploading all this data, if the people who receive it offer me nothing in return?

The longer I run eMule, the less it downloads!
No matter how I configure it, I'm continually trapped in long-queue he11.

Suppose I could run a client that only uploads to (and thus gains p2p points with) people that <GASP> have something I want?!? If they request a file, and they have a file I want, we start exchanging. Otherwise, they are blown off.

Why should I waste upload time earning points with someone who doesn't share anything I'm trying to download? :hammer2:

#66 User is offline   Orthocyclen 

• Pip

Posted 19 May 2004 - 08:58 PM

Besides port fowarding, what other settings can I change with my router in order to increase download speeds? I get HighID, but very crappy downloading. However, when I use my modem (no router), I download fine.

#67 User is offline   zeico 

• Pip

Posted 29 May 2004 - 09:44 AM

Why does this have to be so tough on all of us? It is incredible that tech support (moderators) refuse to give someone (just one person) the answer as to why downloads are so bad and uploads are so good. One decent detailed explanation (instead of "refer to the FAQ" or "User Manual") would probably suffice for many users.

And the attitude of tech support/forum moderators is appalling. Their cockiness and arrogance is beyond belief - especially their comments about how bored they are with our "stupid questions".

I'm about done with eMule once and for all. KaZaa may not be as "sophisticated" as eMule, but at least I can download something in a reasonable length of time, and not have to tolerate insolence. Think I'll try BitTorrent, too.

Shame on you, eMule forum moderators. I think we all expected better from you.

Zeico

#68 User is offline   birk 

• Room To Let
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2004 - 11:56 AM

Thought about not writing anything but changed my mind.

First of all not only moderators gives support on this forum but mostly members. I am one of the only moderators that on a steady basis helps out in the english support forum and I don't mind. I can see from you three posts that one of your questions was answered and the other one that you got some references to some important links you should read. Why do you talk about moderators when not one moderator has written on your threads?

I don't refuse to answer any questions and you talk about moderators not answerings questions from just one person. Have a look at my nick and tell me if my +1000 posts in supports is a testement to not answering posts in support?

Since I started moderating I have done everything that I could to get support easier for the people who need it and all we get is a slap in the face by someone like you.
As you might have seen (probably not) I have made a little sticky in the support forum with the title "Read before posting" where I step by step go through what you should do in order to get the support you want on this forum. I have built up with help from others a "Quick help & guides" forum where you can get help to the most common questions. If you read the sticky you would have seen that before you post a question you should read forum rules, read eMule's documentation. This applies especially for the FAQ, Setting Up eMule, General Information and Beginners Guide. Then you should check the "Quck help & guides" sub-forum and last but not least search the forum for answers before posting.

Both your questions could have been answered if you had bothered doing these things but instead you are offended by that people don't give you answers to questions asked and answered several hundred times before. Get your priorities straight and learn some basic skills when visiting a board.

I don't mind stupid questions but I mind answering the same questions over and over again. Actually that is not quite true because I have a tendency to give people links instead of making them search which has been pointed out to my by other supporters.

Remember that supports don't get anything for their work but do it for free so don't expect them to run around and help you all the time if you don't bother doing the things asked of you before posting questions answered many times before.
And regarding your last "shame on you forum moderators" I can only say "shame on you". No one expect anything from me or any other forum moderator but I can garantie you that I expect you to search before posting.

One final note: Have fun with KaZaA!

#69 User is offline   Smoke 

• not human
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2004 - 03:16 PM

@birk
second that & signed.

A moderator is not automatically a supporter or someone who knows all the details and technical backgrounds. However, there are some around who do know, but don't expect help the way you are presenting yourself right now.

Everything else has been covered by birk.

#70 User is offline   bee-williams9 

• Pip

Posted 04 June 2004 - 03:18 PM

Ok Unknown1, I didn't get the part about lowid because the link doesn't work. So what is this and how do I change it to get my downloads faster.

#71 User is offline   paaulo 

• Pip

Posted 05 June 2004 - 11:33 PM

Somebody has already finished a download?

Asking only to congratulate the very very very very very very very pacient one...

#72 User is offline   birk 

• Room To Let
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2004 - 11:49 PM

Stop crying and start figuring out why this is happening!

#73 User is offline   leexgx 

• UK MAD FOR LESS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2004 - 12:24 AM

dam peeps can be lame

i gona make a web page tomoro

i going to look at all FAQ in this forum and combine it into one hopefuly

i am starting to run like a record gone rong answering the same questones nerly every day now

i going bed then i work on it
in and around

#74 User is offline   birk 

• Room To Let
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2004 - 12:29 AM

Hope you'll get the job done leexgx... :+1:

#75 User is offline   kree420 

• PipPip

Posted 06 June 2004 - 01:14 AM

I found what apears to be a bug with the upload/download limits. Check this out.

http://forum.emule-p...showtopic=50493

Try playing wiht your limits it might help. :D

#76 User is offline   Orthocyclen 

• Pip

Posted 25 June 2004 - 12:46 AM

I'm not so sure if this will help anybody, but I think the reason why I download so poorly on my router is because the ISP sucks. I've used a different port number, and it works much better, but still nowhere near the 40+ kBs I used to get with just using the modem. When I disconnect the router and use the modem, I get awesome speeds.

#77 User is offline   mayhs 

• Pip

Posted 03 July 2004 - 01:33 AM

Why do so many ppl use ed2k network? Like how do all the n00bs get convinced that this is the p2p for them? Yesterday i left eMule on for 15 hours and it downloaded 249.6MB of an 695.15MB download... if i wanted slow speeds on transfers i wouldnt have been paying $40(Candian) a month for DSL... there are serveral p2p's with plenty of better speeds and files(bittorent)... dont waste your time waiting for downloads to complete its not worth it...

WORST P2P EVER :angry:

#78 User is offline   andzonothegreat 

• PipPip

Posted 03 July 2004 - 11:47 AM

Kassad... I know ur pain.

I got D-Link too and all i get is low-id and some f***ed-up slooooooo dls

there seems to be no one who knows how to fix this.

It also says servers are full when theyre not...

#79 User is offline   Kyle II 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2004 - 07:14 AM

BigMcLarge, on Jul 22 2003, 11:22 PM, said:

I think Unknown1 hinted at this fact:

Since Kazza users typically share small files, and since small files download much faster (obviously), many (most?) of the clients are not downloading at any given time. So all those idleing computers increase the overall average download speed.

eMule users typically download huge files, so there is allot less client-idleing, and less overall network resources.

This is a good lesson to learn for eMule users: Leave your mule online as much as possible. Especially when you are not downloading. This improves the network as a whole. It also does wonders for your credits.

yeah its true, i was new to emule a few days ago, but as i was told, i left emule on for a couple of weeks, and now i can download tons! :+1:

#80 User is offline   Ibby 

• Pip

Posted 07 August 2004 - 03:24 PM

thx this really helped my download!

Cheers. One thing wat are credits? :huh:

• Member Options

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

2 User(s) are reading this topic