Official eMule-Board: Why Are My Downloads So Slow. (7/22/03) - Official eMule-Board

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Why Are My Downloads So Slow. (7/22/03)

#221 User is offline   Nissenice 

• clippetty-clopping...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 December 2006 - 08:40 AM

View Posttonguezilla, on Dec 30 2006, 08:18 AM, said:

As for this que crap..why is it as soon as I sign on 5 people max out my upload speed and I sit and wait for hours just for
a download to begin...ya wanna be fair sport...dont allow anyone to download from my puter until "I" am getting some
download...

So, you have been using eMule for years now and you still have no clue how to configure it? :thumbup:

I bet you haven't even read this thread.

This post has been edited by Nissenice: 30 December 2006 - 12:40 PM

#222 User is offline   tonguezilla 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 30 December 2006 - 08:21 PM

View PostNissenice, on Dec 30 2006, 08:40 AM, said:

View Posttonguezilla, on Dec 30 2006, 08:18 AM, said:

As for this que crap..why is it as soon as I sign on 5 people max out my upload speed and I sit and wait for hours just for
a download to begin...ya wanna be fair sport...dont allow anyone to download from my puter until "I" am getting some
download...

So, you have been using eMule for years now and you still have no clue how to configure it? :thumbup:

I bet you haven't even read this thread.

Yup, read the thread. Didnt you notice all the complaints about slow sport, or do you have a reading comprehension problem.

As for configuration of e mule...I get hi connect everytime (I know how to configure a router) unlike people who cannot comprehend a problem when told by a hundred complaints.

Stick to coloring within the lines, its probably what you are best at.

#223 User is offline   PacoBell 

• Professional Lurker ¬_¬ (so kyoot!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 31 December 2006 - 08:25 AM

View Posttonguezilla, on Dec 29 2006, 11:18 PM, said:

So what, there will always be leechers, and the soultion is NOT to punish everyone with tortoise
download speed.
You've got that ass backwards, son. eMule does nothing of the sort. You mentioned yourself that your own client is guilty of maxing out your upload bandwith with those five slots. Can you tell me at what speed each of those five slots are running at? Would you be satisfied if the tables were turned and it was you receiving your own upload rate per slot? Let's take it a step further. I dare you to take a look at all the clients in your upload queue and tell me how long your own client has forced others to wait in line while it busily serves other clients one after the other. I don't know about you, but on my current connection it can sometimes take upwards of six hours before a client can get a slot. Is this because of some evil eMule conspiracy? No, it's because my queue runs into the thousands and we each have finite resources (bandwidth) to expend. It's a simple case of economics, sparse resources and unlimited demand. You think you're getting the short straw? If you take a good hard look at your own client's behavior, I think you'll find you've "screwed" your own share during your time on the network. So what's your excuse?

P.S. I'm downloading just fine @ 250KB/s right now. Many others are quite satisfied with their speeds as well. I suggest you investigate the problem that apparently lies on your end of the pipe.

This post has been edited by PacoBell: 31 December 2006 - 08:28 AM

Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes
Math is delicious!
MmMm! Mauna Loa Milk Chocolate Toffee Macadamias are little drops of Heaven ^_^
Si vis pacem, para bellum DIE SPAMMERS DIE!

#224 User is offline   eddie500 

• PipPip

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:40 AM

P.S. I'm downloading just fine @ 250KB/s right now. Many others are quite satisfied with their speeds as well. I suggest you investigate the problem that apparently lies on your end of the pipe.

I'm pissed to hell, I'm suffering the slow download speeds. Everything is configured properly and I have a HIGH ID etc. This Emule just loves to suck up all my upload speed, and it gives me little download. Currently my upload-download ratio is 3.3 to 1. My computer is obviously set up because it has no trouble maxing out my upload no matter what I set it at, 60 or 200 it will easily max it out. But where the hell is my download? Why is E-donkey not giving me any?

That is the problem, for some reason certain people are getting a disproportionate download speed. Your getting 250KB/s?? What is your upload speed like limited to 30K/Bs?? So you will need a lot of us uploaders to get your high download speed, but you probably offer nothing.

Whats the secret to get 250Kb/s??

#225 User is offline   PacoBell 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2007 - 02:44 AM

View Posteddie500, on Jan 21 2007, 05:40 PM, said:

Download a lot of files in parallel and share a lot of files.

P.S. Oh yeah, and download from the Chinese. They've got wicked fast lines these days and a larger population than most countries ;)

This post has been edited by PacoBell: 22 January 2007 - 02:46 AM

Math is delicious!

#226 User is offline   eddie500 

• PipPip

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:05 AM

View PostPacoBell, on Jan 22 2007, 02:44 AM, said:

P.S. Oh yeah, and download from the Chinese. They've got wicked fast lines these days and a larger population than most countries ;)

How do you download files in parallel?

Why does sharing a lot of files increase download speed?

How do you download from the chinese?

#227 User is offline   PacoBell 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:10 AM

View Posteddie500, on Jan 21 2007, 07:05 PM, said:

How do you download files in parallel?
Just start a bunch of downloads.

Why does sharing a lot of files increase download speed?
Because the probability that multiple upload slots will be opened at the same time will be increased. Speed usually comes from the total number of upload slots you can aggregate, not the individual transfers. Then again, this might not agree with everyone's tastes, but it works for me.

How do you download from the chinese?
Find files tagged with chinese filenames and download them :)

This post has been edited by PacoBell: 22 January 2007 - 03:11 AM

Math is delicious!

#228 User is offline   cesarmutis 

• Pip

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:12 PM

I was downloading at 55 kB/s. Had high Id. Im sharing and dowloding a lot of files and from out of nowhere the speed of my download decreased to almost 0 kB/s, right now its actually in 7 kB/s. And I havent turned my computer off or changed anything. It has been like this for almost 2 days.

Could a cookie, spybot or any Activex control interfere in my EMULE program????

How could I check was interfering with Emule

Ahh because I also checked my connection and its still fast, downloading and uploading.

Help me please.

#229 User is offline   PacoBell 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:22 AM

View Postcesarmutis, on Jan 30 2007, 01:12 PM, said:

Im sharing and dowloding a lot of files and from out of nowhere the speed of my download decreased to almost 0 kB/s, right now its actually in 7 kB/s.
Are you seeing any error messages in eMule's Verbose log? Are you behind a router?
Math is delicious!

#230 User is offline   cesarmutis 

• Pip

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:59 PM

View PostPacoBell, on Jan 31 2007, 09:22 AM, said:

View Postcesarmutis, on Jan 30 2007, 01:12 PM, said:

Im sharing and dowloding a lot of files and from out of nowhere the speed of my download decreased to almost 0 kB/s, right now its actually in 7 kB/s.
Are you seeing any error messages in eMule's Verbose log? Are you behind a router?

no i dont see any errors .. i dont have routers....
i have emule selected downloads at 61kB/s and uploads at 14 kB/s
Im downloading lots of stuff but the speed does not increase.
I have windows firewall.
AVG antivirus...

what else... no I dont know what could be affecting the speed..
could any of the activex controls be affecting my emule download speed?

because my direct downloadds do download at top speed.

thanks

#231 User is offline   tonguezilla 

• Pip

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:42 AM

Welcome to the slow club, however, the powers that be are saying you dont
have a slowness problem.

Nothing to see here, move along, move along.

Buncha A**holes.

#232 User is offline   PacoBell 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:27 AM

View Posttonguezilla, on Feb 11 2007, 09:42 PM, said:

have a slowness problem.

Buncha A**holes.
You never answered my questions before and now you're just trolling. If you don't have anything constructive to say, just STFU. As it is right now, you're this close to having your forum account suspended.
Math is delicious!

#233 User is offline   Dick_Manitoba 

• Nyet Nyet Soviet Soviet Jewellery
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:42 AM

View Posttonguezilla, on Feb 12 2007, 12:42 AM, said:

have a slowness problem.

All I read from you is "eMule is crap", and you are completely innocent.

A fantastic suggestion. Why don't you move your ass into a Limewire forum, and cry there all day about your lack of speed in eMule? Is it because you still use eMule, and can't stand the fact your tiny brain cant compile a better/faster version? Or is it because the Limewire folks would probably get just as sick of seeing your rants, and tell you to shove off as well?

Buncha A**holes.

Ahh yes. When you cannot bring yourself to develop a better version of eMule, you reduce yourself to name-calling. It is an asshole that thinks open source software cannot be imrpoved upon because "the powers that be" prevent the open source code from being edited and developed. Since you apparently do not get this fact, post after post, you therefore qualify as a bunch of assholes, all rolled up into one human being.

Well done, sir!

This post has been edited by Dick_Manitoba: 12 February 2007 - 08:43 AM

Visit PunkHistoryCanada.ca and enjoy it's music at PHC Radio. Listen now!
::How To:: Learn about IP filters and fake files :: Info & Lists of Real and Fake servers
Remove Fake Servers & get good ones :: Post pictures on the web, no registration req'd
::Helpful sites:: DVD tools, tutorials, etc :: VLC video without codecs :: Codec info & downloads
GSpot Codec IDer :: Can't delete Locked files? :: Freedb aware players
::Free Virus Scans:: Trend Micro Housecall, Panda ActiveScan, Kaspersky Virusscanner, BitDefender
::My Favorite Applications::
::Archives:: IZarc : 7-Zip : WinRAR : WinACE : Any-OS Zip Tools and Source code - Info-ZIP
::Audio:: EAC : LAME : MP3 Book Helper (Tags etc)

#234 User is offline   bianca75 

• Pip

Posted 18 February 2007 - 08:14 AM

Ok I read your explanation. But is that normal that after 48 hours I downloaded 48.35 MB out of 1.35 GB? My connection is : Ports: TCP 1755 UP 1755; my capacity is: Downloads: 512 KB/s Up 20 KB/s. My system is Windows XP and I allowed eMule to enter in the firewalls properties. Is there anything I can do to improve the speed? Thanks, I am waiting for your answer, please. Bianca75

#235 User is offline   hrmwrm 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2007 - 09:58 PM

bianca75, is that 1 file? your download speed depends on availibility of sources. the more sources per file, the faster the download. do you share many other files? i have a few hundred in share and download 20-30 at a time(no more than 3-4 large source at a time, the rest are under 100 each) my speeds are acceptable for my connection. emule works different from other p2p clients. unless someone is powersharing, you get 1 chunk and wait in line for the next available one.i've had low sourced files(2-3) take a month or 2. start more files, leave downloaded ones in share, and your speed should increase.

#236 User is offline   Pankokoska 

• Pip

Posted 11 March 2007 - 10:02 AM

i have allways this Kademlia not connected, high ID in eD2k and i do not know what i can do to be kademlia ok
and second problem when i dl something i dl around 4-6 MB and then nothing and i am again in end of front of seeder from i dl plz HELP

#237 User is offline   Vpozdnyak 

• Pip

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:37 PM

Hi everybody!
I am new here, I installed eMule yesterday and I am trying to learn how to use it most efficiently. I am sorry if my question appears stupid to more experienced users, however, I would rather ask a "stupid" question than try to re-invent a bicycle. Appreciate your understanding!
Now the question: I understand that in order to get maximum from the network I have to give maximum to the network. I am more than willing to share as much as possible but how do I do that? Do I have to keep certain number of files in my shared folder on my hard drive? How many files (or MB of information)? Can someone recommend which files are in most demand? In which format shall I keep the movies in my shared folder? Avi, DivX, wmm, PDF? Is it legal to share software (for example I have microsoft flight simulator with a bunch of add ons which I could share)?
Thanks for your help!
Vlad

#238 User is offline   hrmwrm 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:23 AM

.avi is most common for movies, pdf is common for docs and books. referring to and posting of/or about copyrighted material is not allowed on this forum. there are many other forums that host links to these illegal wares. what you choose to share is up to you. usually up to a few hundred shared files will help. everybodies connection works different, so play around and find what works best for you. happy downloading!

#239 User is offline   4ypo4ka 

• PipPip

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:33 PM

Vpozdnyak
Hi there, strong spirit of P2P-ing I sence :)
Well, the easiest way to kick off is to set up your connection speeds accordingly, aprx 80% of your bandwidth, download popular files (like if you search for stuff in the eMule search, sort the results by the resources) and share some stuff, preferably rare, BUT useful. Don't overload network with some useless system files and files with unsorted names, like Track_01.mp3, document.doc and so on.
To share some stuff, simply go to options, there to "directories" submenu and there you'll see the settings for sharing your folders.
Remember, incoming folder is shared per def.
gl

#240 User is offline   4ypo4ka 

• PipPip

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:37 PM

View PostPacoBell, on Jan 22 2007, 04:44 AM, said:

And oh so true, there's virtualy not a single second when I'm not downloading from someone with nick "[CHN][VeryCD]yourname"

• Member Options

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users