Official eMule-Board: Why Are My Downloads So Slow. (7/22/03) - Official eMule-Board

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Why Are My Downloads So Slow. (7/22/03)

#201 User is offline   arks 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 August 2006 - 08:16 PM

High ID for Jetspeed 520

Here you can find help for opening ports for all programs

For all other routers and firewwalls or for other programs (ports) look the second link.

#202 User is offline   turtleguy 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:02 AM

well my problem is its always upload 0.0 and download 0.0 and sometimes 1.9. i didn' move the options or anything. my downloads are just idle for 2-4 hours and then they start at 20 kb an hour. :furious: i moved to china recently and i use emule on my wireless connection. is my location the problem? i would really appreciate it if you could help me. :D thanks. P.S., when my emule stars up it says "no server list found in adress.dat please update your server list." is that the case? :confused:

#203 User is offline   niclights 

• lost in space
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:50 AM

Start a new topic. Don't post in stickies. Provide any relevant information.

#204 User is offline   Nikos35mk 

• Pip

Posted 17 September 2006 - 02:22 PM

Hi everyone.

My first time here. First of all, i have read every post in this forum trying to find a solution. I have the same problem as many people here. download speed was great until with no reason i can't download anything. I know that is true what you say, that too many people share too many files so it's normal, but it happent from one day to another. I mean that, normally, this would take a few days (from 100kb/s to 0.1 kb/s). In one night, no one can download with the previous good speeds? anyway, after many searches (not only in this forum) i learned about the "ipfilter.dat" (to them who don't know, make a search and you will surely find info). my ip got into this file. don't know why, but as i read in most cases it's not fault of the user. as long as one's ip is in that list can't download a thing. so i quit e-mule for a while and started using lime-wire. (i must say that there's no p2p program like e-mule. it's the best). a few days ago i opened e-mule and in the server log it didn't write that my ip whas part of ipfilter.dat file (i forgot to mention that everytime i opened e-mule it wrote in the log file that my ip was part of this file). it connected normally like the old good days. High-id, kad connected, etc. , but my downloads are still at about 0.1kb/s (my record is 1.2 kb/s, lol). And my uploads are stable at 23kb/s. It's awful to download at 100kb/s and in one night everything changes. As for the waiting matter...i went on holidays. one week in a greek island called Santorini (search for images, it's great). All this time i let the computer downloading (i adjusted it so the connection and e-mule would reconect in case of disconection). it downloaded 170MB. just for laughs.... waiting won't do anything. Reinstalling won't work and also formating and reinstaling Windows won't do anything (I tried it). I would appreciate any help and/or suggestions. I believe that many users' problem is that ipfilter.dat file. Even if it seems to be over in my computer as i wrote above, probably it still causes problems (bluetack's site isn't working due to a "Ddos" attack, don't know what it is, but in this site E-mule's faq says that there's the solution to anyone with ipfilter.dat file problem, that's why i'm writing in this forum asking for help). There's something else wrong, maybe some servers don't cooperate with some IP's, or something like that, but there's something else wrong. Not firewalls, not queues. Something in the servers. I hope they find it quickly because more and more people have the same problem and E-mule will die like other oldest great p2p programs (remember Audiogalaxy Satelite?).
That's it....oof, finished. thanks for your time if you're reading this. waiting for any help. thanks again. bye

This post has been edited by Nikos35mk: 18 September 2006 - 04:36 PM

#205 User is offline   arimanari 

• Pip

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:14 PM

Here's another user (myself) that suddenly has greatly reduced upload/download speeds over the past 4-5 days. I don't know what is wrong, but I am posting this as a remark.

Have a good evening,
Ari.

#206 User is offline   Sam Hamwich 

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:12 PM

The fact of the matter is that Emule is extremely ineffient. I'm sorry, I would like to think that the progam is as great as it is advertized to be, but from my personal experience and comments and complaints of others, I must pass my judgment on this software as nothing more than a glorified search engine. Every other P2P and Torrent program that I've tried were 20% to 70% more efficient in handling queues and file sharing. About the only thing good about the program, as I've said, is that it connects to both EDK and KAD servers, both of which list millions of files, making searches extremely fast and complete, however, trying to get these files is like trying to thread a needle with a two by four.
Unless Emule drastically revamps it's code, then you have many more years of waiting for your files ahead of you.

This post has been edited by Sam Hamwich: 26 September 2006 - 08:15 PM

Sam Hamwich

-A Whole Roach Is Better Than A Half of a Roach-

#207 User is offline   huldra 

• Pip

Posted 03 October 2006 - 11:47 AM

My problem is as follows: for many moths I have downloaded with no problem (96 kb/s capacity with no limits) and very fast (many files at a time, many kb involved). Since one ot two months, suddenly, with no change in configuration, the download has become very difficult: the download is rare and very slow (only 2 or 3 kb/s) and only one file at a time, whereas the upload is, as always, at 10 kb/s (I have set it at 10 kb/s out of 16 kb/s).

Then I have tried to update emule (I had the version".a" and now I have the version ".c") but there is no improvement. What could have happened?
Thanks
Huldra

#208 User is offline   lordpake 

• Hiding in the wall
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2006 - 11:55 AM

For starters, check that your Internet Service Provider is not in this list and check that your serverlist has good servers by following my advice here.
#eMule-Finland @ irc.mindforge.org ~ both English and Finnish will do ^^

My system specs are --> here <-- | Netizen's guide to Flame Warriors | Spyware problems? Try LandzDown Forum

#209 User is offline   PacoBell 

• Professional Lurker ¬_¬ (so kyoot!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 03 October 2006 - 11:59 AM

View PostSam Hamwich, on Sep 26 2006, 01:12 PM, said:

The fact of the matter is that Emule is extremely ineffient. <blah blah blah snip> Unless Emule drastically revamps it's code, then you have many more years of waiting for your files ahead of you.
And I suppose you consider yourself an authority on eMule's codebase? You must be if you can loudly proclaim as fact the inefficiencies of the queue handling and file sharing mechanisms. You wouldn't mind enlightening folks like me who, seemingly against all sound reason, seem to be able to max out both download and upload capacities on a consistent basis (I'm on a 64KB/s synchronous connection now, btw), would you? I must be violating some physical law or something :lol:
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes
Math is delicious!
MmMm! Mauna Loa Milk Chocolate Toffee Macadamias are little drops of Heaven ^_^
Si vis pacem, para bellum DIE SPAMMERS DIE!

#210 User is offline   hazzbo 

• Pip

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:38 PM

I was with tiscali 2mb download, they traffic shaped the backside out of me, i have joined sky (don't they are pathetic) but when the server actually works instead od 2.kbs i'm up to 60kbs probably youe isp.
don't switch as sky gives you a low id through there netgear router which you cannot change not even forwarding your ports, i've tried all forums looks like i am stuck with low id for a year....... unless anyone knows different.

#211 User is offline   PacoBell 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:14 AM

View Posthazzbo, on Oct 10 2006, 02:38 PM, said:

sky gives you a low id through there netgear router which you cannot change not even forwarding your ports
Have you tried flashing the firmware to the stock firmware provided by Netgear? It'll probably wipe out all your settings if you choose to do so, so make sure to backup all your information somehow. HTH.
Math is delicious!

#212 User is offline   hazzbo 

• Pip

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:24 AM

View PostPacoBell, on Oct 11 2006, 05:14 AM, said:

View Posthazzbo, on Oct 10 2006, 02:38 PM, said:

sky gives you a low id through there netgear router which you cannot change not even forwarding your ports
Have you tried flashing the firmware to the stock firmware provided by Netgear? It'll probably wipe out all your settings if you choose to do so, so make sure to backup all your information somehow. HTH.

Thanks for the help but that is beyond my meagre capabilities and I'd probably burn the house down trying. :+1:

#213 User is offline   B-Net 

• Pip

Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:00 AM

I swtiched from eDonkey2000 to eMule a while back because of the thing that happened. My final result, eMule is definately slower. I rarely go over 55k with eMule.
  • I am connected to eMule on the same server as I would with eDonkey, so that mean same srouces.
  • I have High ID.
  • Connect to KAD (Open).
  • I reached speeds of 200k+, even max out at 300-305k on eDonket with same type of files, some even have over 500 sources. All my files usually have 150+ sources.
  • Even after leaving computer on for 2-3 days straight to move up in queue.
  • Current speed test still shows speeds of 300-305k.
  • My upload is always max on eMule.
  • Applied suggested settings from this forum.
  • I easily reach 200k+ on KCEasy and uTorrent. So it does not mean something is wrong with P2P on my ISP.
So as you can see, eveything is setup fine, every port needed open is open. But in the end, slow result.

#214 User is offline   nokija 

• Pip

Posted 08 December 2006 - 10:49 PM

I have problem and I belive it is somewhere in setings of eMule,but I dont know where. I have High ID,have tested int speed and it is around 1400kb/s download and 300kb/s upload,so I set download max to 140 and upload to 30. Problem is that why eMule is uploading around max and downloadin is 0.0 most of time,maybe 3-4kb/s. Plus when I do port test I get message that the test is not passed. I was looking at many forums but nobody had the same poblem like I do. How lucky am I... :cry:
PLEASE HELP!!!

#215 User is offline   4ypo4ka 

• PipPip

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:04 PM

View Postnokija, on Dec 8 2006, 11:49 PM, said:

I have problem and I belive it is somewhere in setings of eMule,but I dont know where. I have High ID,have tested int speed and it is around 1400kb/s download and 300kb/s upload,so I set download max to 140 and upload to 30. Problem is that why eMule is uploading around max and downloadin is 0.0 most of time,maybe 3-4kb/s. Plus when I do port test I get message that the test is not passed. I was looking at many forums but nobody had the same poblem like I do. How lucky am I... :cry:
PLEASE HELP!!!

How come you get high ID, but don't pass port test? :confused:

#216 User is offline   Nissenice 

• clippetty-clopping...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:42 PM

View Post4ypo4ka, on Dec 11 2006, 02:04 PM, said:

How come you get high ID, but don't pass port test? :confused:

Either:

1. He is connected to a fake server and got a false highID, or
2. He got a highID from a trusted server but the port test fails. Not unusual.

This post has been edited by Nissenice: 11 December 2006 - 01:43 PM

#217 User is offline   tonguezilla 

• Pip

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:56 AM

E Mule is tortiseware because the designers are obsessed with this credit for upload crap that no one
gets good download speed. Sorta spread the misery type crap.

All the hype about getting uncorrupted files is crap. I can download a file in limewire in 10 minutes
and if I get a corrupted file...download a new copy in ten minutes vs several days for e-slug.

Until the designers get over this obsession of credits and baloney, e-mule will remain crapware slow.

THATS why.

:furious:

#218 User is offline   Nissenice 

• clippetty-clopping...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 December 2006 - 01:12 PM

Cheerio, old chap!

Why keep trying to download corrupt files? It doesn't seem to do you any good.

This post has been edited by Nissenice: 29 December 2006 - 02:20 PM

#219 User is offline   PacoBell 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 December 2006 - 07:58 PM

First of all, tonguezilla, I don't know why you feel it was necessary to spam your little diatribe again in this thread. We got the point the first time around. Secondly, answer me this question, if you can: What makes you believe you have the right to download any faster or sooner than anybody else in my queue? Some people have waited a lot longer than you for whatever they want, some less. Furthermore, I'm glad I can reward people who are able to reciprocate my generosity. Can you say the same? The point is that the credit system has little to do with upload speed. If you're looking for a whipping boy, blame the 3KB/s average slots. There's only a finite amount of upload bandwidth to go around. Would you rather settle for getting a nearly instant download slot if you could only download at 1 byte per second? What about the opposite scenario: You can download relatively fast, but you'll have to wait much longer in the queues? Your vitriol is unfounded, misdirected, or a combination of both.

This post has been edited by PacoBell: 29 December 2006 - 08:04 PM

Math is delicious!

#220 User is offline   tonguezilla 

• Pip

Posted 30 December 2006 - 07:18 AM

View PostPacoBell, on Dec 29 2006, 07:58 PM, said:

First of all, tonguezilla, I don't know why you feel it was necessary to spam your little diatribe again in this thread. We got the point the first time around. Secondly, answer me this question, if you can: What makes you believe you have the right to download any faster or sooner than anybody else in my queue? Some people have waited a lot longer than you for whatever they want, some less. Furthermore, I'm glad I can reward people who are able to reciprocate my generosity. Can you say the same? The point is that the credit system has little to do with upload speed. If you're looking for a whipping boy, blame the 3KB/s average slots. There's only a finite amount of upload bandwidth to go around. Would you rather settle for getting a nearly instant download slot if you could only download at 1 byte per second? What about the opposite scenario: You can download relatively fast, but you'll have to wait much longer in the queues? Your vitriol is unfounded, misdirected, or a combination of both.

Hey, you dont want people to download, then keep your machine off the net. We have enough police in the world without
your self appointed B.S. So what, there will always be leechers, and the soultion is NOT to punish everyone with tortoise
download speed. Hell, if I wanted that I would have stuck with dial up. What moron in their right mind pays for high speed
then expects dial up download speed...yes, e-mule is crap!!!!!

You are sorta like the anti gun folks, everytime there is a criminal act with a firearm, you wanna take away all the firearms
from those who DIDNT DO IT. Wow...what common sense you show.

As for my diatribe, E-Mule deserves it and more. It is becoming nothing more than a program of LAST resort. And I
dont think thats what its designers intended...it's becoming almost useless all on its own. And anyone who sticks up for
this crapware dial up speed download over a high speed line is as brain dead as the fools that put up with it or allow it.

As for this que crap..why is it as soon as I sign on 5 people max out my upload speed and I sit and wait for hours just for
a download to begin...ya wanna be fair sport...dont allow anyone to download from my puter until "I" am getting some
download....as I said before...its crapware and a program of last resort, nothing more...

It sure as hell aint the program of FIRST resort, or havent you noticed the comments in this forum on the crappy download
speeds...stick your head in the sand if you must, but dont expect everyone else to do the same. It NEEDS FIXIN if its
gonna be of ANY use for the future. And thats the truth. Deal with it.

:furious:

• Member Options

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users