• Last »
  • Closed Topic This topic is locked

Feature Requests

#1 User is offline   MobileMule 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member_D

Post icon  Posted 22 August 2003 - 11:37 PM

I was quite busy with working on other parts of eMule in the past weeks but I think I will have more time for MobileMule again in the near future.
So I'll start with listing all feature request which were posted here and their status.
  • sort options for the downloadlist (by progress, speed etc.)

• statistics graphs like in emule

• Customizeable command (which you can assign a command in emule like " C:\Windows\calc.exe" and execute it via MobileMule

• Support categories for downloads and finished files
Feel free to post suggestions here. If you want to discuss one point, please use a new thread however :)

MobileMule

This post has been edited by MobileMule: 28 September 2003 - 06:52 PM

#2 User is offline   Matko 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 August 2003 - 06:02 PM

:worthy: make mobilemule "lite", size under 30 kb to work on 6310i
maybe just text version :worthy:

#3 User is offline   wiak 

• Pip

Posted 27 August 2003 - 09:23 PM

a update option in the menu B)

#4 User is offline   nabsboss 

• PipPip

Posted 28 August 2003 - 01:35 PM

Hi Mobilemule !
Can you make anything for to change, with mobilemule, the control about the limit of upload and download !

#5 User is offline   Richy759 

• Pip

Posted 28 August 2003 - 10:31 PM

An option to leave the mobile connected. Everytime I select an option it has to redial the network.

Nice util! ;)

#6 User is offline   MobileMule 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2003 - 05:37 PM

Richy759, on Aug 28 2003, 10:31 PM, said:

An option to leave the mobile connected. Everytime I select an option it has to redial the network.

Nice util! ;)

Hi,
mobileMule cannot control this behaviour. Your phone should have an option in your Internet/Wap settings screen where you can choose to use a permanent connection or not.

MobileMule

#7 User is offline   drPENCILCASE 

• Pip

Posted 03 September 2003 - 02:10 PM

There could be an option on Emule to allow you to enter the phone number or the phone email (especially this one), so as soon you finished downloading your files, it would send you a message.

BTW, great job on mobileEmule

#8 User is offline   Blademaster 

• PipPip

Posted 06 September 2003 - 11:08 AM

hi
nice work with mobile mule:)
it's been really usefull, thank you for it:)
i just wanted to give an idea for a feature, an option could be added in the command folder to add a file to the download list use the file hash...
i spend a lot of time away from home and my mule is allways on, but adding files from for example share reactor is a bit complicated without giving the mule the file hash...

tks for mobilemule again:)

#9 User is offline   zero1h 

• Pip

Posted 10 September 2003 - 08:35 AM

There is an option in "commands"
to "connect to any server", but after it connects
how do i know if the server is good or bad?
i mean, make an option to look at the server details, like
how much files, how much people, etc.

#10 User is offline   sguy 

• Pip

Posted 12 September 2003 - 09:23 AM

please add a text files preview. :+1:

#11 User is offline   lambo2k3 

• PipPip

Posted 07 October 2003 - 09:28 PM

please add more languages

(if u need help with italian contact me ;) )

#12 User is offline   ZeHaMStEr 

• Pip

Posted 12 October 2003 - 10:49 AM

:woot: I also think , maybe a french traduct. ??
if yes , i can help you B) :worthy:

#13 User is offline   wendy_moore21 

• Pip

Posted 15 October 2003 - 11:23 PM

Add an option for changing up/download speed.

reg

Wendy

#14 User is offline   carlos66 

• PipPip

Posted 19 October 2003 - 02:21 PM

wendy_moore21, on Oct 16 2003, 01:23 AM, said:

Add an option for changing up/download speed.

I second that, it would be most useful feature for me

good job btw :)

EDIT: some typo

This post has been edited by carlos66: 19 October 2003 - 02:31 PM

#15 User is offline   Lancelot-94 

• Pip

Posted 24 October 2003 - 06:59 PM

:thumbup:
Great Job i love this little util !!
It would be great if it could be done for Palm OS handhelds ! I would really enjoy that on my Clié connected to my T610 and Bluetooth connection !!

Keep the good work up ! :clap:

#16 User is offline   PurityNN 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2003 - 10:17 PM

drPENCILCASE, on Sep 3 2003, 02:10 PM, said:

There could be an option on Emule to allow you to enter the phone number or the phone email (especially this one), so as soon you finished downloading your files, it would send you a message.

BTW, great job on mobileEmule

emule+ has an email messanger, you can define every event you wanna
have or don't wanna have an email ... also to the phone ;)

#17 User is offline   leonchip 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2003 - 10:38 AM

It would be fine a more customizable search, like global or server in Emule ;) . And would be very useful to know on which server the Emule is connected, like IP or name for example :+1:

This post has been edited by leonchip: 08 November 2003 - 10:40 AM

#18 User is offline   Charbax 

• PipPip

Posted 10 November 2003 - 10:10 AM

1. would it be possible, imagine one is surfing a website on the phone, and then when one clicks on a ed2k:// link in the phone it would load in MobileMule to immediatly start the download on the remote emule-computer..

(just to explain example, for example there would be a special light version of sharereactor for mobile-phones, a release listing of files that a company would release and so on.. those websites one can just save in Bookmarks in the phone, and clicking on ed2k:// links on the phone starts the download)

I dunno if one would need to patch the Opera browser or the different kinds of browsers inside phones..

2. For some people there is still an expensive Megabyte traffic price on mobile-phones.. Could the MobilEmule be able to calculate how much traffic it generates to and from the phone in kilobytes, like a per session and cumultative.. So one can maybe think again about loading too many preview images for downloaded video.. if it starts costing too much..

3. Would be cool if Emule could re-encode short part of the video to .3gp or .mp4 video (176x144 resolution, lower than 100kbit/s bitrate with AAC sound) and be able to send that to the phone when one wants to try and preview a downloading video or a downloaded video.. One could then set the length of a sample one wants to preview..

4. Does the video preview now just take the first frame right.. and clicking on next img it takes the next frame right.. would be nice to be able to get the prog to take a random frame in first 10 seconds of the video or specify where in the video the emule should take and send the snapshot..

5. Controlling Shared Files.. Be able to browse ones computer to share and unshare specific directories on-demand.. Also be able to see the list of shared files and change priorities like it's possible in Emule.

6. Maybe it be possible to chat in the Emule's IRC from the phone? (or maybe a specific IRC-only client for the phone would make more sence..

7. then maybe also work with the friends in the Friends list, chat with them, see their shared files.. and stuff..

8. Save several IPs/IDs and their passwords so one can choose from a drop-down list to which Emule client to connect to.. So one can easilly control several Emule clients at the same time.. maybe someway also that the several clients could talk to each other so one could get overall statistics and status overview for all ones clients.. (practical for someone who releases a file using for example several ADSL connections)

9. I haven't checked Emule+, And yeah it'd be nice if Emule could send a message to MobilEmule or an email to a specific email-adress with info when a file is finished downloading, or when a specified amount of data is uploaded or downloaded.. or when one gets a message from a Emule-friend..

10. maybe it could calculate and tell the total size of shared content, or files that are downloading (how much space they take up in Emule's Temp folder)..

11. In status overview, could it be possible to have the "U:" and "D:" values update every 10 seconds or so.. if just they update, it might not generate that much traffic.. or if one could click "refresh values" and that Status Overview page would refresh.. instead of one need to click "Back" and go back on Status Overview.

#19 User is offline   MobileMule 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2003 - 11:01 PM

1. would it be possible, imagine one is surfing a website on the phone, and then when one clicks on a ed2k:// link in the phone it would load in MobileMule to immediatly start the download on the remote emule-computer..

No this is unfortunatly impossible. It would be possible to add an function to MobileMule (or a seperate applet) for example to show or add sharereactor releases form their website/feed however due to legal reasons I'll not add this.

2. For some people there is still an expensive Megabyte traffic price on mobile-phones.. Could the MobilEmule be able to calculate how much traffic it generates to and from the phone in kilobytes, like a per session and cumultative.. So one can maybe think again about loading too many preview images for downloaded video.. if it starts costing too much..

Hmm well this is limited possible I think. I'm not sure if I can get the exact number for I probably cannot get the header length. But most phones do already have such a counter included.
As a sidenote: the bandwidthneed of MobileMule is very small and mostly a query (one 'Please wait..') causes about 400-800 bytes (including headers, 50-400 bytes without header) and a session 1 to max 10KB (depends how many files you have in your downloadlist and how much options you choose) traffic. The only exception are screenshots which are 5 - ~15KB (depends on your display size).

3. Would be cool if Emule could re-encode short part of the video to .3gp or .mp4 video (176x144 resolution, lower than 100kbit/s bitrate with AAC sound) and be able to send that to the phone when one wants to try and preview a downloading video or a downloaded video.. One could then set the length of a sample one wants to preview..

Hmm transfering a complete video per WAP is very expensiv and takes a lot time. Also there is no player class in java integrated so I cannot directly play videos there.

4. Does the video preview now just take the first frame right.. and clicking on next img it takes the next frame right.. would be nice to be able to get the prog to take a random frame in first 10 seconds of the video or specify where in the video the emule should take and send the snapshot..

currently the first frame is about from first 4 mins of the video and every 'next' screenshot some minutes later (not sure on the exact times atm). However it would be also possible to let the user choose the excact postion, maybe this will be added.

5. Controlling Shared Files.. Be able to browse ones computer to share and unshare specific directories on-demand.. Also be able to see the list of shared files and change priorities like it's possible in Emule.

Yes I'll think about it. However it is very uncompfortable to manage for example 100 files on your small phone screen.

6. Maybe it be possible to chat in the Emule's IRC from the phone? (or maybe a specific IRC-only client for the phone would make more sence..

there are already IRC clients for mobile phones. however it is impossible that such a programm works with a wap gateway and it will also not work with most phones (for it needs a permanent connection with a fixed ip). there are possibilites to use a poll protocol so that you use a Gateway and so that it works with most phones, however this has other disadvantages (for example more traffic, you need a special server application etc). Anyway this is currently no option for MobileMule.

7. then maybe also work with the friends in the Friends list, chat with them, see their shared files.. and stuff..

This is possibil but I'm not sure if really needed :) I'll think about it when other things are done.

8. Save several IPs/IDs and their passwords so one can choose from a drop-down list to which Emule client to connect to.. So one can easilly control several Emule clients at the same time.. maybe someway also that the several clients could talk to each other so one could get overall statistics and status overview for all ones clients.. (practical for someone who releases a file using for example several ADSL connections)

this is also theortical possible but very specialized and only needed from very few users.

9. I haven't checked Emule+, And yeah it'd be nice if Emule could send a message to MobilEmule or an email to a specific email-adress with info when a file is finished downloading, or when a specified amount of data is uploaded or downloaded.. or when one gets a message from a Emule-friend..

well this function could be merged from eMule plus.... will see.

10. maybe it could calculate and tell the total size of shared content, or files that are downloading (how much space they take up in Emule's Temp folder)..

Yes this is possible and could be added to an advanced statistic screen. I think this will be done by time.

11. In status overview, could it be possible to have the "U:" and "D:" values update every 10 seconds or so.. if just they update, it might not generate that much traffic.. or if one could click "refresh values" and that Status Overview page would refresh.. instead of one need to click "Back" and go back on Status Overview.

The traffic for those two values is ~8 bytes but the header per query are 400-500 bytes. Thats why MobileMule does as few queries as possible.

MobileMule

This post has been edited by MobileMule: 10 November 2003 - 11:06 PM

#20 User is offline   Charbax 

• PipPip

Posted 13 November 2003 - 02:58 AM

> It would be possible to add an function to MobileMule
> (or a seperate applet) for example to show or add
> sharereactor releases form their website/feed however
> due to legal reasons I'll not add this.

Ok I understand.. but I think it wouldn't be illegal if you made a section in MobileMule where users would have to write an adress to where there is a specific file on the internet hosted on http server (or something) that can be loaded and refreshed there inside MobileMule..

It could be a special version of Sharereactor, for example, which often is a list of copy-protected stuff thus illegal in most countries..

But I am thinking specially companies, new Legal Film Distribution companies and legal Software distribution groups could there make such "latest links" page available for people to check in their MobileMule.. and thus it being very practical to be able to add newest downloads from a specific list of releases on the mobile phone! one could add the release when out and that file would be finished downloading when one comes home..

> > eMule Friends
> This is possibil but I'm not sure if really needed

What do you mean? Friends are not needed?

hehe.. ok.. I understand.. I haven't used the Friends feature much, as most people I meat on eMule are strangers that I don't really need to talk to again..

But maybe having the eMule friends in MobileMule would be like having an extra Instant Messenger on the phone, and checking Friends listing of files is a bit like having some sort of ed2k:// release page, that's like cool way to find files to start downloading from the phone..

Ok, MobileMule! Thanks for replying! I got more requests for your _awesome_ project..

1. Sort Finished Files so most recent finished download is at the top of the list.. maybe also a way to make the MobileMule forget about finished downloads once one removes it from the "incoming" eMule folder..

2. could the Finished Files be able to tell how long it took to be downloaded, average speeds, amount of people that were sharing it until the file was Finished, and Upload/Download ratio for that file..

ok I'm too tired for now..

This post has been edited by Charbax: 13 November 2003 - 03:01 AM

• Member Options

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • Closed Topic This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users