Official eMule-Board: mobilemule project source - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1
  • Closed Topic This topic is locked

mobilemule project source The source of this project are open?

#1 User is offline   Gufastian 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 August 2003 - 02:37 PM

Can I have the source code of mobilemule project?
I can't find it :)

#2 User is offline   MobileMule 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member_D

Posted 16 August 2003 - 07:27 PM

The MobileMule java client is currently not open source.

MobileMule

#3 User is offline   Impulz 

• Pip

Posted 27 August 2003 - 07:09 PM

Are the protocol specs open?
I'd like to use the MobileMule Port of Emule to gather information from a running emule instance, so the underlying protocol would be helpful.

regards,

Michael

#4 User is offline   MobileMule 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2003 - 07:33 PM

Hi,
the protocol implementation is OpenSource (however not yet documented). You can find in in mmsocket.cpp and mmserver.cpp in the eMule source.
But I would not recommend to use this protocol for remote control tasks, other than for mobilemule. It will change from time to time, rawdata over HTTP is for other tasks useless overhead and the options are fairly limited (since it is used on mobilephones).
But of course you are free to do it :)

MobileMule

#5 User is offline   Impulz 

• Pip

Posted 27 August 2003 - 07:38 PM

Thanks for your reply :)

I'll have a look at the source tomorrow (and hopefully figure one or two things out :).
The reason i was asking, is that i'm currently somehow addicted to rss feeds (i already made feeds for my incoming emails and a forum, call me nuts :).
So i thought about creating a feed of completed files by querying the client, so my feed reader would display a short message when a new file completes (i.e. with the filename, date/time and size).

Wish me luck, i'll probably need it :D

Michael

#6 User is offline   fearless.spiff 

• Pip

Posted 01 September 2003 - 09:15 PM

What's the reason MobileMule isn't OS? Only a question... :-)

#7 User is offline   MobileMule 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2003 - 06:44 PM

Hi,
this has several reasons. The main reason is that I want to avoid any comercial misuse of MobileMule. Since mobile phones offer easy possibilties to pay for stuff (premium sms etc) and paying for mobile phone downloads isn't that unusual for users such applications are easy targets. I know this could have been done with a strict license only, however OS programs offer more technical possibilites to do this (and besides some people think OS = they can do with it what they want)
It is actually a problem for eMule too (dialer etc), however there is no way this can be avoided at this time.
The second reason is that I think one developer is enough for this small project at this time. Answering questions/improvemtents/critic about the code, checking versions from other devs and merging new stuff is more work for me as dev in this case than just coding on it from time to time and having full control over it. Therefor keeping it CS at this time is the better choice, and has no real disadvantages for endusers (the client is not security critical, ad/spyware can't be implemented etc)

MobileMule

This post has been edited by MobileMule: 02 September 2003 - 06:45 PM

#8 User is offline   cicada 

• Pip

Posted 04 September 2003 - 11:46 AM

You can always decompile the code if you are so eager to see it. But if you are Java programmer, you know that already.

I would like to :respect: developer who built the app. It is really nice and I am 100% support his oppinion to keep the app CS at the moment.

About RSS feeds: building small app that consumes feeds will be not so hard to implement. But in that case you can also build small WML/XHTML page generated on the fly with information you want. Therefore, you can use your mobile's browser instead of MobileMule. Or may be I just got the idea in totally wrong way.

And one small side note: Icon of the app has some extra white pixels around it (i suspect it is not very good scaled or converted. When you select the app, the icon looks "hairy").

Regards, cicada

#9 User is offline   Impulz 

• Pip

Posted 04 September 2003 - 12:39 PM

cicada, on Sep 4 2003, 11:46 AM, said:

Or may be I just got the idea in totally wrong way.

I think so ;)
I wanted to write a small app that queries my emule for information and provides that information to another application as an rss feed.
i could use the default webserver with an according template, but then i couldnt use the webinterface anymore. therefore i wanted to use the mobilemule port to query to information i need.
but i didnt have the time to look into the protocol yet.

#10 User is offline   cicada 

• Pip

Posted 04 September 2003 - 04:40 PM

Sorry,

I have little bit different view. But in general, the easiest solution will be to put your RSS in HTML comments in template. Then you can parse the HTML and get what you need.
Does not sound so lame, does it? ;-)

cicada

#11 User is offline   Impulz 

• Pip

Posted 06 September 2003 - 10:18 AM

Hm,

i didnt have a closer look at the templates of the standard webserver yet, but i want to keep its functionality since i use it to add and start downloads.
Maybe i can extend it, i'll look at that later.

#12 User is offline   Remoz 

• PipPip

Posted 01 November 2004 - 06:24 PM

Ok, MobileMule not a open source software... ok!

But, now? With my NEC e228 don't work the installation, and with the source code, i have some possibility of making it working...
But not a open source, and now i can't use it on my phone... :angry:
Can i hope you make it working with the Nec e228 phone in the future?
Or i can forget it? :cry:

Heeeeeelp!

#13 User is offline   technician23 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

if mobile mule is java, why then dont you integrate i2p2.de and make it imule with integrated i2p router?
http://forum.i2p2.de...wforum.php?f=30

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1
  • Closed Topic This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users