Official eMule-Board: Question Regarding Emule Servers - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Question Regarding Emule Servers

#1 User is offline   mulephal 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 March 2024 - 04:36 PM

Using aMule 2.3.3 on Linux. I've had a few (10-ish) downloads queued for months. I'll get an occasional packet of data but some haven't been moving for a long time.

This brings me to my ultimate question about using the eMule client (aMule). I generally only use the eMule servers that the client obtains from hxxp://upd.emule-security.org/server.met

First question: Are there other lists of eMule servers I should consider using to maximize my chances of completing my downloads?

There are currently 11 eMule servers in the list from server.met. Typically I select the one that has the most users or files associated with that network but I've never been clear on any rhyme or reason for which eMule server I should use.

Second question: Is it correct to assume that if I queue a download while using one eMule server in the list, the users on another eMule server are totally different and thus completing my queued download could be impacted when changing eMule servers?

Thanks.

#2 User is offline   davexnet 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2024 - 01:38 AM

I always thought the servers shared their lists of files, but I could be wrong. Maybe somebody can explain further.
Do you have a High ID ?

#3 User is offline   BuyukBang 

• PipPip

Posted 13 March 2024 - 10:15 PM

1. upd.emule-security.org is the best server list currently. So the answer is no for this.
2. Emule server with more users online would increase the chance of finding/downloading files, that's usually true.

There are two possible reasons for waiting long to download files:

a. There are no online sources for the files in your download list, which means no one in ed2k network really shares these files currently. There's nothing you can do about this, except running your emule 7/24 and waiting source clients to be online again. This's something like fishing...
b. There are online sources for the files in your download list, but you're waiting in the queue forever. This shows that you have low score and you're not being prioritized to upload these files by the source clients. In this scenario you can try to increase your score by uploading files to the source clients. Usually users searches similar files what they shares, like music, movie, series, apps, etc. So sharing same type files will increase your score in the long run.

View Postmulephal, on 11 March 2024 - 07:36 PM, said:

Using aMule 2.3.3 on Linux. I've had a few (10-ish) downloads queued for months. I'll get an occasional packet of data but some haven't been moving for a long time.

This brings me to my ultimate question about using the eMule client (aMule). I generally only use the eMule servers that the client obtains from hxxp://upd.emule-security.org/server.met

First question: Are there other lists of eMule servers I should consider using to maximize my chances of completing my downloads?

There are currently 11 eMule servers in the list from server.met. Typically I select the one that has the most users or files associated with that network but I've never been clear on any rhyme or reason for which eMule server I should use.

Second question: Is it correct to assume that if I queue a download while using one eMule server in the list, the users on another eMule server are totally different and thus completing my queued download could be impacted when changing eMule servers?

Thanks.

This post has been edited by BuyukBang: 13 March 2024 - 10:18 PM

#4 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2024 - 12:40 PM

View Postmulephal, on 11 March 2024 - 07:36 PM, said:

Yes to the first part, no to the second.

Feel free to use Docs button above to learn how things really work.
Otherwise you might be relying on guesses instead of facts.
For example, both these statements are wrong:

View Postdavexnet, on 13 March 2024 - 04:38 AM, said:

the servers shared their lists of files

View PostBuyukBang, on 14 March 2024 - 01:15 AM, said:

2. Emule server with more users online would increase the chance of finding/downloading files, that's usually true.

eMule connects to one server, but contacts all when asking for a file. Hence connection to any valid server should be fine.

#5 User is offline   davexnet 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2024 - 05:41 PM

fox88 said:
"For example, both these statements are wrong:"

davexnet, on 13 March 2024 - 04:38 AM, said:
"the servers shared their lists of files"

BuyukBang said:
"Emule server with more users online would increase the chance of finding/downloading files, that's usually true."

fox88 said:
"eMule connects to one server, but contacts all when asking for a file. Hence connection to any valid server should be fine."

I remembered something half-learned from the past that the effect was that files stored on all
servers would be available, thanks for clearing this up. To be honest, I'm just pleased I have a HIghID and
that mostly, it behaves as I'd expect!

#6 User is offline   dOwNlOaDfcbrdown 

• Pip

Posted 12 April 2024 - 05:03 PM

I've already tried running amule v2.3.3 and it doesn't have the same performance as emule.
I don't know if it's due to a lack of optimization.
But you can use emule 0.70 through Wine.
There could well be a version of the emule for Linux.
(The eDonkey Network is already quite old if I'm not mistaken and started in the 2000s)

***To download a file it depends on the people who have a copy of it on their computers.

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users