Testing Version 0.70 (completed) Community version

#161 User is offline   Aokromes 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 December 2023 - 04:13 PM

View Postfox88, on 23 December 2023 - 04:08 PM, said:

View PostAokromes, on 23 December 2023 - 01:27 PM, said:

the problem is, that with 0.60d with same settings, everything works fine, nothing changed other than emule version.

The problem is that often settings are far from correct, and 0.70a is less forgiving.

i have use those settings for 15 years since i had 256/128 kbps adsl, now i have 1 gbps symetric fiber, i have lowered the max connections and max new connections and max half connections and tried increasing too and still bugs, atm with emule 0.60d running for 7 hours on a row the upload continues to work properly, i vote it's a bug on this change:

Tweaked a few other code parts including upload bandwidth management

This post has been edited by Aokromes: 23 December 2023 - 04:14 PM

#162 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 December 2023 - 09:00 AM

There were five uninformative images of normal upload, pointless minite by minute account of eMule woking normally, and vague description of something called a bug.
The information for understanding where is the issue and reproducing the bug is absent. Bug is not confirmed.

#163 User is offline   Aokromes 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 December 2023 - 10:22 AM

View Postfox88, on 24 December 2023 - 10:00 AM, said:

There were five uninformative images of normal upload, pointless minite by minute account of eMule woking normally, and vague description of something called a bug.
The information for understanding where is the issue and reproducing the bug is absent. Bug is not confirmed.

i gave all that on this message idk what more info to provide.

https://forum.emule-...dpost&p=1108328

i lowered max sources limit to 1000, max connections to 300, max new connections / 5 secs to 10 and max half open connections to 5
increasing max new connections / 5 secs to 40 and max half open connections to 20 doesn't helps.

also, another person confirmed he got the bug.

This post has been edited by Aokromes: 24 December 2023 - 10:22 AM

#164 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 December 2023 - 01:19 PM

To see a normally working eMule I can simply click on its icon.

To get what issues you are talking about, please try to provide screenshots:
1) improperly working upload 2) upload graph including those 10 good minutes and what goes on later 3) Options-Connection.

#165 User is offline   Aokromes 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 December 2023 - 02:01 PM

View Postfox88, on 24 December 2023 - 02:19 PM, said:

To see a normally working eMule I can simply click on its icon.

To get what issues you are talking about, please try to provide screenshots:
1) improperly working upload 2) upload graph including those 10 good minutes and what goes on later 3) Options-Connection.

i can send you a video on pm.

i.imgur.com/hsVQuOa.png

as for connection screenshot there.

#166 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 December 2023 - 03:27 PM

Thanks.
Set the upload limit.
Just find the guide and set the limit at or below 80% of the true upload capacity measured at speedtest.net.

#167 User is offline   Aokromes 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 December 2023 - 04:40 PM

View Postfox88, on 24 December 2023 - 04:27 PM, said:

Thanks.
Set the upload limit.
Just find the guide and set the limit at or below 80% of the true upload capacity measured at speedtest.net.

i already said, i have 1 Gbps symetric connection my speed limit is far beloow 80% already

#168 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 December 2023 - 06:27 PM

Thanks for the video. It would have been sufficient to post just two images. For example, at 0:50 and the final one.

I already mentioned exactly the same kind of issue at the beginning of this topic, but probably you did not even tried to find it.

Upload limit is a checkbox and a slider; first tick the checkbox, then use slider. You have set capacities only.

#169 User is offline   OConnell 

• Pip

Posted 26 December 2023 - 09:19 PM

I'm new, I'm here just for few questions: will be in 64bit? like many others members, I get the same bug when try to open emule 0.60d/0.70a 32 bit/64bit if 0.70a runs in 64bit (like all 32 bit app, I get crashes with my i5 11400)
again many crashes and can't utilize it when upload hundreds files (from lists)
is possible to put connections between different P2P clients for a single file to get different sources to download it faster? (like Shareaza that use torrents, gnutella1&2, with donkey/Kad)
will be removed the useless rank like High/low ID or to leave emule the choice which file will be downloaded or not according it's own ranks?

last and most weird question: do you know that exist usenet? unlimited speed, that use all your bandwith, no need of sources if are online, no bugs (ok are under payments) but can be a good comparison.

P.S. at 2024 isn't a bit atavic app with that client list to get more points to conquer high ID or to know which TCP/UDP port needs to work better, and with sharing file system that is damn slow, even if we use optic fibers?

This post has been edited by OConnell: 26 December 2023 - 09:42 PM

#170 User is offline   theboss50 

• Pip

Posted 30 December 2023 - 05:24 PM

I write to signal that in v0.70a the GUI freeze is reduced but still happens.

After some tests I see that (with about 500 files in share) when a file download speed is near at 1 MB/s eMule GUI freeze for about 5 seconds.
When download speed reach 3 MB/s in fact eMule GUI become unusable until download speed decrease under 1 MB/s.

But respect previous versions, seems in v0.70a this happens only when active downlaod connections are (about) more than 10.
So if there are few (less than 10) sources that allows an high downlaod speed (also up to 5 MB/s) there are no GUI freezes at all.

I hope this behaviour can be solved (or more reduced) in future versions.

This post has been edited by theboss50: 30 December 2023 - 05:56 PM

#171 User is offline   Aokromes 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2024 - 12:21 PM

View Postfox88, on 24 December 2023 - 07:27 PM, said:

Thanks for the video. It would have been sufficient to post just two images. For example, at 0:50 and the final one.

I already mentioned exactly the same kind of issue at the beginning of this topic, but probably you did not even tried to find it.

Upload limit is a checkbox and a slider; first tick the checkbox, then use slider. You have set capacities only.

that did the trick, but, if it's needed to be filled why you don't make it mandatory? i had set capacities far bellow the real speed of my line.

#172 User is offline   zappatore77 

• PipPip

Posted 26 January 2024 - 07:27 PM

Hi guys,
I got a new PC with w11.
I installed Emule and noticed that despite having checked the "Prevent standby mode when Emule is running" option, the PC still goes to sleep and therefore all downloads are blocked.
Any ideas on how to fix it?
I have already tried starting emule as administrator but nothing has changed.

#173 User is offline   MistressAdmin 

• PipPip

Posted 27 January 2024 - 12:10 PM

View Postzappatore77, on 26 January 2024 - 07:27 PM, said:

Hi guys,
I got a new PC with w11.
I installed Emule and noticed that despite having checked the "Prevent standby mode when Emule is running" option, the PC still goes to sleep and therefore all downloads are blocked.
Any ideas on how to fix it?
I have already tried starting emule as administrator but nothing has changed.

Hi zappatore77

Please check your power options in Control Panel in Win 11, specifically in Change Settings for the plan, go down to Change advanced power settings.

#174 User is offline   zappatore77 

• PipPip

Posted 27 January 2024 - 03:54 PM

Hi MistressAdmin,

and thanks for your reply.

At the moment I have everything configured like this:

energy saving combination: balanced profile (suggested)
screen deactivation: after 5 minutes
computer sleep: after 10 minutes

In the advanced settings of this combination, at the bottom, inside multimedia settings, I see: in case of sharing multimedia contents -> prevent the computer from going to sleep due to inactivity (this option was set by default).

I can post screenshots but it's all in Italian.

I can't find any other settings to change.

By the way, the same version worked perfectly on w10.

This post has been edited by zappatore77: 27 January 2024 - 03:55 PM

#175 User is offline   Heliotropo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2024 - 09:26 PM

View Postzappatore77, on 27 January 2024 - 04:54 PM, said:

(...)

(...)

If you set computer sleep: never, the computer will never turn off and emule will work correctly. :+1:

#176 User is offline   zappatore77 

• PipPip

Posted 28 January 2024 - 12:31 PM

View PostHeliotropo, on 27 January 2024 - 09:26 PM, said:

(...)

(...)

If you set computer sleep: never, the computer will never turn off and emule will work correctly. :+1:

Yes, I know this but on my pc I need computer sleep: after 10 minutes
Emule 0.70a on w10 and same configuration works fine ad prevent suspension mode.
So, Isn't there any other trick to fix it on w11?

This post has been edited by zappatore77: 28 January 2024 - 05:03 PM

#177 User is offline   einstein1969new 

• Pip

Posted 04 February 2024 - 09:37 PM

View Postzappatore77, on 28 January 2024 - 01:31 PM, said:

View PostHeliotropo, on 27 January 2024 - 09:26 PM, said:

(...)

(...)

Yes, I know this but on my pc I need computer sleep: after 10 minutes
Emule 0.70a on w10 and same configuration works fine ad prevent suspension mode.
So, Isn't there any other trick to fix it on w11?

Hi zappatore77

In the meantime, they investigate the issue to solve it in emule, I propose an alternative solution.

I understand that if eMule is running you want the pc not to turn off/suspend, while if it is not working it will turn off/suspend after 10 minutes.

If so, you can make two profiles (or one more). One with the power off/sleep after 10 minutes and one with the power off/sleep on never.

Then, with a script that checks if eMule is active or not, you can set either one or the other profile.

If you need help on batch script I'll help you. PS. I'm italian too!

EDIT:Since I don't know if I'll be back on this forum soon, I've prepared a sample script for you. You can optimize it so that it doesn't have to reset the profile every time, but to make you edit the script I left it very simple.

@echo off
setlocal enabledelayedexpansion

title %~n0

REM ISTRUZIONI
rem --------------
rem copiare questo codice in un file di testo e cambiare l'estensione in ".cmd"
rem mettere in avvio automatico il collegamento a questo script : windows+R   shell:startup

rem per sapere la GUID delle combinazioni/profili: 
rem - creare la nuova combinazione/profilo
rem - usare il comando POWERCFG -L per vedere l'elenco delle combinazioni. La combinazione attiva e' sempre contrassegnata da un asterisco "*" alla fine

rem esempio di GUID: "381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e"

rem questo e' un ciclo infinito
for /L %%L in () do (

rem ogni 4 minuti
	timeout /t 240

rem controllo se emule e' in esecuzione
	set "exist_emule="
	for /f "tokens=1" %%A in ('tasklist /nh /fi "imagename eq emule.exe"') do set "exist_emule=%%A"

if "!exist_emule!" equ "emule.exe" (

rem emule e' in esecuzione, setto il profilo/combinazione con sleep su "mai"
		POWERCFG -S 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e
		POWERCFG /GETACTIVESCHEME

) else (

rem emule non e' in esecuzione, setto il profilo/combinazione con sleep su 10 min
		POWERCFG -S a1841308-3541-4fab-bc81-f71556f20b4a
		POWERCFG /GETACTIVESCHEME

)

)

you need to edit the script and change the GUIDs that are there with your corresponding GUIDs.

This post has been edited by einstein1969new: 04 February 2024 - 10:31 PM

#178 User is offline   Heliotropo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2024 - 10:02 PM

Hello. An experience is repeated to me over and over again with versions 0.60 and especially with 0.70: emule works at its maximum when hashing new files. No matter how long it lasts, the emule upload is completely stable, there are no crashes or speed losses. As soon as the hashing process is finished, we return to the usual situation: very good at the beginning when there are no clients on queue, but after a while emule stops responding for a few seconds, the number of clients on queue begins to grow (20-50- 70-100) and emule spends a lot of time with few users (8-10) in the upload list, recovers again, stops responding, and so on indefinitely.
I don't quite understand why the best emule performance occurs in a situation in which theoretically the entire system, memory, disk... is more demanding. Some explanation? Does anyone else have this experience or is it just happening to me? Thank you. :)

#179 User is offline   einstein1969new 

• Pip

Posted 05 February 2024 - 11:32 PM

View PostHeliotropo, on 05 February 2024 - 11:02 PM, said:

Hello. An experience is repeated to me over and over again with versions 0.60 and especially with 0.70: emule works at its maximum when hashing new files. No matter how long it lasts, the emule upload is completely stable, there are no crashes or speed losses. As soon as the hashing process is finished, we return to the usual situation: very good at the beginning when there are no clients on queue, but after a while emule stops responding for a few seconds, the number of clients on queue begins to grow (20-50- 70-100) and emule spends a lot of time with few users (8-10) in the upload list, recovers again, stops responding, and so on indefinitely.
I don't quite understand why the best emule performance occurs in a situation in which theoretically the entire system, memory, disk... is more demanding. Some explanation? Does anyone else have this experience or is it just happening to me? Thank you. :)

Here with me with the 0.70 it performs quite well overall. From me when it's in hashing it has a less fluid update of the screens/information but it doesn't create any particular problems. I knew it was due to the fact that it's not fully multithreaded, but I'm not sure about that at all.

I rarely have situations where it goes in fits and starts, and in my case it's because of my ssd disk that under stress decreases the write performance by a lot.

For me the only thing I can mention is the use of memory. After a few days of being active, the memory rises even if it doesn't go to the maximum. But I have 16GB and it's not a problem.

But I believe that a comparison cannot be made without knowing all the information that can change such as the hardware we use, the bandwidth usage, any other programs we use, etc

Try to see what happens when it jerks in task manager, maybe you find the cause.

This post has been edited by einstein1969new: 05 February 2024 - 11:33 PM

#180 User is offline   einstein1969new 

• Pip

Posted 06 February 2024 - 10:33 AM

Another thing that happened to me twice in a month is the collapse of the upload to zero.

Until I restart emule it remains at zero.

https:REMOVE_ME//i.imgur.com/CPyYXB5h.png

• Member Options

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users