Official eMule-Board: Low Id Please Advise - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Low Id Please Advise

#1 User is offline   VodaOrange 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 May 2023 - 03:05 PM

Hi, low ID problem here.

On first install, I couldn't get any connection. This seemed to be about getting an up to date server list, which I think I've now solved. In the current low ID state, I still manage to get connections though obviously compromised.

Anyway, I've tried a whole range of things...none of which seemed to have worked. Hopefully someone here can set me right.

- I made an exception in the Windows firewall for eMule and also separately for the ports.

When I go to look eMule in the rules in the 'Windows Defender Firewall Advanced Security', in General tab I have the first option ticked. Should it be the 2nd option?

-Allow the connection.(TICKED)
-Allow the connection if it secure.
-Block the connection.

Also, in the firewall rules in 'Windows Defender Firewall Advanced Security', for eMule does the remote port have to be changed to the same port as the local port?

I've also forwarded the ports for eMule in the router both for the program and the ports individually (just to make sure).

Maybe I've not shared/sharing enough?

"eD2K server - obfuscated"

"KAD status Firewalled"

Apologies for long winded post.

P.S. I used to regularly use eMule years back - good to see it's still going strong after the demise of so many others(RIP).

#2 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 18 May 2023 - 05:59 PM

Hi!

What kind of connection are you using? (adsl, fiber, and so forth)
Show some screenshots of your router settings, where you have changed something.
Also: upnp, dhcp, firewall sections.
INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non č serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dā subito l'allegrIa! Posted Image

#3 User is offline   VodaOrange 

• Pip

Posted 20 May 2023 - 04:08 PM

I'm formulating a response but it's taking me time because I need to go and recheck everything to ensure I give a valid response.

FWIW, the whole process is immensely frustrating as the guides presume a basic user understands networking and configuring settings in a router, which is ridiculous. NAT addresses, DHCP etc etc.

FWIW, there was already a port forwarding option for emule in my router which I've activated. I've also forwarded the emule program in the firewall. Neither worked. Before, I had also forwarded the ports in the firewall but that seemed to make no difference.

In my router it says the desktop IP and emule prog are forwarded.

Still Low ID.

In spite of my efforts, there's nothing to tell me what I've done wrong. So I've read all the guides, watched videos, read the forum and nothing in spite of all the settings being correct.

#4 User is offline   VodaOrange 

• Pip

Posted 20 May 2023 - 04:11 PM

I assigned random numbers for the TCP and UDP ports - I'm sure sufficiently random so as not to possibly conflict with others apps. Earlier, I'd made separate rules for these ports in the firewall along with the emule prog itself. The open port numbers seemed to make no difference. Do these need to be separately opened in the router too? I asked that in the first post.

UPnP - is unticked though I played around with this setting when first setting up until I managed to get it working i.e. the UPnP setting may have activated on first install and I've since unticked the box?

ENABLE PROTOCOL OBFUSCATION - TICKED.
USE SECURE IDENTIFICATION - TICKED.

eMule program is allowed through the firewall
eMule is forwarded in the router.

#5 User is offline   VodaOrange 

• Pip

Posted 20 May 2023 - 04:20 PM

The user guides for emule are 18 years old!

Also, I don't get the sense UPnP works unless you have the right type of router. There are 1000s of routers and they're always changing. Why on earth should simply ticking this ensure that eMule magically gets set up correctly? I don't understand your assumption here?

Also, if I forward my computer's IP, to what extent am I compromising my safety/privacy?

Sorry for the rant.

#6 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 20 May 2023 - 04:33 PM

You can obviously make all automatic using upnp.
INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non č serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dā subito l'allegrIa! Posted Image

#7 User is offline   emule_user_downunder 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2023 - 11:43 AM

View PostVodaOrange, on 21 May 2023 - 03:20 AM, said:

The user guides for emule are 18 years old!
Yes, they haven't needed to be changed so they must have got it right!

View PostVodaOrange, on 21 May 2023 - 03:20 AM, said:

Also, I don't get the sense UPnP works unless you have the right type of router. There are 1000s of routers and they're always changing. Why on earth should simply ticking this ensure that eMule magically gets set up correctly? I don't understand your assumption here?

Also, if I forward my computer's IP, to what extent am I compromising my safety/privacy?

Sorry for the rant.
The 'U' in uPnP stands for universal. Do you have uPnP turned on in your router configuration? If not, it may not work...

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users