• +

Cached Read And Writes Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Enig123 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 April 2021 - 07:41 AM

@Soul--Reaver,

I just updated the binary (same url as before), with recent improvements on download bandwidth throttler (with a specific download limit mostly). I wonder if the network will perform better with higher limit than 10240 KB/s as you tested earlier.

And the file cache system also has slight adjustment which could further reduce disk i/o stress.

#22 User is offline   Soul--Reaver 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2021 - 08:36 PM

@Enig123

The test results did not noticeably differ from the previous results. I would really like a version which i can run for a longer period of time for better testing. This would require a drop-in replacement for the current 0.60b version.

#23 User is offline   Enig123 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2021 - 10:32 PM

View PostSoul--Reaver, on 12 May 2021 - 01:36 PM, said:

@Enig123

The test results did not noticeably differ from the previous results. I would really like a version which i can run for a longer period of time for better testing. This would require a drop-in replacement for the current 0.60b version.

PMed you about the latest version. There is a parameter that can further reduce disk i/o effectively, but it's with the price of more memory use which I am not so sure it's the path I would like it to be.

But I can prepare a build with adjusted parameter for your testings, just let me know if you're interested.

• Member Options

• (2 Pages)
  • +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users