Official eMule-Board: Emule With Nordvpn Dnt Work . . . - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Emule With Nordvpn Dnt Work . . .

#1 User is offline   kRel 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 May 2020 - 10:01 AM

I have a public static IP (no natted IP).

My contractual IP detected on the router is the same IP detected on My IP and similar sites. I have a GPON FTTH fiber connection

1. I have designated a specific TCP port and a specific UDP port in decade 60000 on eMule 050a

2. I opened the same ports on the firewall Windows 10 Pro v1903 either as a specific program, both as the number of ports, one for TCP and one for UDP:

3. On my router - a Fritz! Box 7590 - I opened the same doors on the IP of the PC running eMule 050a
--------

Both with normal NordVPN servers and with dedicated NordVPN P2P servers:

With NordVPN enabled when I open eMule I have a low ID
With NordVPN disabled when I open eMule I have a high ID

How can I have a high ID on eMule with NordVPN?

This post has been edited by kRel: 09 May 2020 - 10:01 AM

#2 User is offline   Campo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2020 - 11:27 AM

NordVPN doesnt support Port-Forwarding. Its impossible to have a High ID with that VPN Service.

AirVPN is the only Service i know, thats working and in my opionion, they are very good.

This post has been edited by Campo: 09 May 2020 - 11:29 AM

#3 User is offline   kRel 

• Pip

Posted 11 May 2020 - 08:05 AM

View PostCampo, on 09 May 2020 - 11:27 AM, said:

NordVPN doesnt support Port-Forwarding. Its impossible to have a High ID with that VPN Service.

AirVPN is the only Service i know, thats working and in my opionion, they are very good.

I thank you for your answer and for the advice I will keep in mind.

I then sent the same question to the NordVPN help desk: they gave me the same answer.

When I chose NordVPN, I was a little "guided" by the more or less subliminal advertising campaigns on this supplier, with positive news and an extremely advantageous price: 110€ for 3 years....
At the renewal I will choose more carefully.

Greetings

This post has been edited by kRel: 11 May 2020 - 08:09 AM

#4 User is offline   Campo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2020 - 08:46 AM

Yeah, NordVPN and some other Services starts extreme large adcampaigns. I remember it, when a lot Twitch and youtube player had ads mostly from NordVPn, but there was also ExpressVPN sometimes. NordVPN had some "scandals" with massive security issues and fake reviews. But there are also review portals which want money and when the service doesnt pay, they get a bad review... First rule is: Before you pay for a abo, use the test/guest account and read a bit.

For myself, i used already some different services which stopped working with ports (high ID) or doesnst work from the beginning. Iam sure there are other good services next to AirVPN with Port forwarding, but iam totally happy there.

#5 User is offline   angelinajulie 

• Pip

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:55 AM

View PostCampo, on 09 May 2020 - 11:27 AM, said:

Hi Campo,
Along Air VPN, PureVPN also supports port forwarding feature. Whereas, one can forward ports via router as well if ports are known.

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users