Official eMule-Board: New Column - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

New Column Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   togingi 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 November 2019 - 10:04 PM

A lot of times I need to locate a single file in the download screen, by its part.file.name like 131.part.
I am downloading hundreds of files at once, so open properties to each one of them, in order to locate a single file is very heavy burden.
Is there a way to add a column displaying this file number (like 131), and to be able to sort all the downloaded files by this column (like any other column: file.name, size, progress, etc…)?
That will be great.

#2 User is offline   PhilGenesis 

• PipPip

Posted 30 November 2019 - 09:45 AM

You'll find that numbers easily in the temporary folder (if it's not completed yet).

#3 User is offline   togingi 

• Pip

Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:51 PM

View PostPhilGenesis, on 30 November 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

You'll find that numbers easily in the temporary folder (if it's not completed yet).

Yes. I know. I am talking about examine a file in the temporary folder (while in explorer), and decide that I want to cancel its download. So I go back to Emule program and find it very hard to locate that file, since I have now only its numeric-name (like "003.part"). I need some column that will supply this exact value.

#4 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2019 - 01:29 AM

Lots of useful information could be found in Docs.
http://www.emule-pro...1&rm=show_topic

#5 User is offline   togingi 

• Pip

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:27 AM

View Postfox88, on 01 December 2019 - 01:29 AM, said:

Thanks fox88. I have looked in the docs. It cannot help me, because it is a feature that does not exists yet.I find it hard explaining myself because of my pure English.

At the moment I am downloading 650 files at once. All of them did not finish download yet. Some of them got enough data to preview in explorer but not in Emule (they are too small sized). I want to cancel un-needed download, so still in explorer, I see the preview, and decide to cancel this download (which is still in progress).
I go back to Emule but all I have is the unique-hash-number of this file (i.e. 370.part).
Emule cannot help me locating this file. I have to press 'properties' to each of those 650 files to search that number.
A new column showing this number will solve it. Thanks.

#6 User is offline   togingi 

• Pip

Posted 21 December 2019 - 08:32 PM

Adding this new column will be great, but if it is difficult, the second best fix will be at least to allow "preview" of all files, regardless of their size.
For example, you are not allowed to perform "preview" to a movie file smaller than 30 MB. Canceling this limitation will ease deciding of stopping a file download, while still in the middle of downloading.

#7 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2019 - 08:43 AM

Please try to follow the given link and carefully read; additional column would not be necessary.

Currently, preview requires the first and the last chunks, which makes about 18 MB. This could be found in Docs also.

This post has been edited by fox88: 24 December 2019 - 01:05 AM

#8 User is offline   JanekSymans 

• Pip

Posted 09 March 2020 - 02:40 PM

View Postfox88, on 01 December 2019 - 01:29 AM, said:

Thanks for the detailed instructions. It really helped!

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users