Official eMule-Board: Vpn And Emule - Official eMule-Board

Jump to content


Page 1 of 1

Vpn And Emule

#1 User is offline   pcboo 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1
  • Joined: 05-September 05

Post icon  Posted 19 March 2019 - 04:32 PM

just installed Emule and i cannot figure out how to use it with VPN. Any-one??
0

#2 User is offline   zeronetDOTio 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 02-April 20

Posted 02 April 2020 - 09:26 PM

i am using VPN and when i connect it, it sets its virtual network adapter/interface as default for all connections, so i do not need to set anything in the software.
But some software allows setting network interface address (in case of the OpenVPN it may be 10.8.0.2). It does not look like eMule allows it. But in settings it has Proxy tab... you can check it..

This post has been edited by zeronetDOTio: 14 April 2020 - 01:02 PM

0

#3 User is offline   Campo 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 47
  • Joined: 18-June 19

Posted 03 April 2020 - 05:50 PM

Iam late, but maybe its still helping or for someone else^^

I dont know how the normal emule acts. Iam using emule Morph 12.7 with AirVPN. My ISP is using tunneled IP, so its impossible for me to use IPv4 without problems.

Most modversions have something like "bind to interface".

Go to options, expanded (or something like that),TCP IP Connections, bind interface: . . . .

The IP you have to insert is the IP from the machine from the vpn service in their LAN, not the outgoing connection. zeronetDOTio gave an example how it looks quite often.

Now we need to uncheck the option looking like "filter Server- and Client LAN- IPs" . It has to be unchecked.

As long as you have opened the ports in the vpn service and in emule, you should get high IDs for emule server and KAD. If you need a KAD list, you can use the bootstrap from emule security. As standart connected emules are giving you KAD informations after some time.

This post has been edited by Campo: 03 April 2020 - 05:51 PM

0

#4 User is offline   schwepper 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 10-April 20

Posted 10 April 2020 - 03:05 PM

View PostzeronetDOTio, on 02 April 2020 - 04:26 PM, said:

i am using VPN and when i connect it, it sets its virtual network adapter/interface as default for all connections, so i do not need to set anything in the software.
But some software allows setting network interface address (in case of the OpenVPN it is 10.8.0.2). It do not look like eMule allows it. But in settings it has Proxy tab... you can check it..

0

#5 User is offline   schwepper 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 10-April 20

Posted 10 April 2020 - 03:08 PM

I am having same problem with VPN 'TCP connection fails' during connection test when connected to VPN I have set up port forwarding for my router/firewall as before when I used PEERBLOCK 2.0 and no problems using that software, but now want to use VPN as it would be more secure but apparently can't with eMule
0

#6 User is offline   Campo 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 47
  • Joined: 18-June 19

Posted 10 April 2020 - 03:27 PM

Your Router and Firewall isnt involved with emule when you are connected to VPN. You have to do port forwarding in the webinterface from the vpn service (if supported). But a lot VPNs doesnt support that.

Which VPN service do you use?

I dont know how PeerBlock acts today and how good/uptodate the white/blacklists are. I stopped using it years ago, because the entries in the list were total different to the actual owner of the ip/range. So it was quite difficult to see which IP i need to whitelist quite often. Also i couldnt use emule and torrent with high ID/green NAT, anymore, because my ISP has only IPv4 tunneled. I assume you tried emule without PeerBlock too?

PhantomPeer, then TorGuard and now iam using AirVPN, because the two before stopped working.
0

#7 User is offline   schwepper 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 10-April 20

Posted 10 April 2020 - 04:16 PM

View PostCampo, on 10 April 2020 - 10:27 AM, said:

Your Router and Firewall isnt involved with emule when you are connected to VPN. You have to do port forwarding in the webinterface from the vpn service (if supported). But a lot VPNs doesnt support that.

Which VPN service do you use?

I dont know how PeerBlock acts today and how good/uptodate the white/blacklists are. I stopped using it years ago, because the entries in the list were total different to the actual owner of the ip/range. So it was quite difficult to see which IP i need to whitelist quite often. Also i couldnt use emule and torrent with high ID/green NAT, anymore, because my ISP has only IPv4 tunneled. I assume you tried emule without PeerBlock too?

PhantomPeer, then TorGuard and now iam using AirVPN, because the two before stopped working.

0

#8 User is offline   schwepper 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 10-April 20

Posted 10 April 2020 - 04:18 PM

I was using NordVPN, then discovered they don't support it as you said.. also others don't support either CyberGhost, Express etc.
0

#9 User is offline   schwepper 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 10-April 20

Posted 10 April 2020 - 04:21 PM

View PostCampo, on 10 April 2020 - 10:27 AM, said:

Your Router and Firewall isnt involved with emule when you are connected to VPN. You have to do port forwarding in the webinterface from the vpn service (if supported). But a lot VPNs doesnt support that.

Which VPN service do you use?

I dont know how PeerBlock acts today and how good/uptodate the white/blacklists are. I stopped using it years ago, because the entries in the list were total different to the actual owner of the ip/range. So it was quite difficult to see which IP i need to whitelist quite often. Also i couldnt use emule and torrent with high ID/green NAT, anymore, because my ISP has only IPv4 tunneled. I assume you tried emule without PeerBlock too?

PhantomPeer, then TorGuard and now iam using AirVPN, because the two before stopped working.

0

#10 User is offline   schwepper 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 10-April 20

Posted 10 April 2020 - 04:22 PM

Don't want to run eMule without Peerblock or other anti-snooping software if VPNs won't work
0

#11 User is offline   Campo 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 47
  • Joined: 18-June 19

Posted 10 April 2020 - 04:54 PM

I mean just to see, if you can connect properly. You can deactivate your share and stop downloads.

KAD needs some seconds to switch from yellow to green if it works. The Porttest on the website should give a result immediatly.

Correct, the VPN Services you named, arent supporting port forwarding and are even not good. I can recommend AirVPN, they have a good client, good webinterface for the ports and a forum.
0

#12 User is offline   zeronetDOTio 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 02-April 20

Posted 14 April 2020 - 01:11 PM

View Postschwepper, on 10 April 2020 - 04:08 PM, said:

I am having same problem with VPN 'TCP connection fails' during connection test when connected to VPN


i do not understand this explanation as it is not apparent from it if the error is returned by your VPN provider or from where exactly. if it is the app of your VPN provider, then you are on a wrong forum and ask your provider. If it is by eMule (is it the log tab of the e-mule,) then what happens next? will it connect? What are your network settings. Try to check firewall logs, disable all firewalls (not good thing likely) if it will connect.
1

#13 User is offline   schwepper 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 10-April 20

Posted 14 April 2020 - 04:10 PM

View PostzeronetDOTio, on 14 April 2020 - 08:11 AM, said:

View Postschwepper, on 10 April 2020 - 04:08 PM, said:

I am having same problem with VPN 'TCP connection fails' during connection test when connected to VPN


i do not understand this explanation as it is not apparent from it if the error is returned by your VPN provider or from where exactly. if it is the app of your VPN provider, then you are on a wrong forum and ask your provider. If it is by eMule (is it the log tab of the e-mule,) then what happens next? will it connect? What are your network settings. Try to check firewall logs, disable all firewalls (not good thing likely) if it will connect.

0

#14 User is offline   schwepper 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 10-April 20

Posted 14 April 2020 - 04:15 PM

emule is returning the error 'TCP connection fails UDP test will not be performed' not my provider, hence low ID I am probably going to go back to using PEERBLOCK instead of a VPN when using emule , or use Utorrent instead of emule as Utorrent works with VPNs and I don't need to forward ports.
0

#15 User is offline   zeronetDOTio 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 02-April 20

Posted 14 April 2020 - 04:33 PM

i am currently using Shareaza instead of eMule. if possible, do not quote me
0

  • Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users