Official eMule-Board: Emule Morphxt 12.7 Keep Crashing - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Emule Morphxt 12.7 Keep Crashing Strange behavior since some months

#1 User is offline   CRC 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 October 2018 - 09:37 AM

Hello everyone,
I've a old pc but wiht a fresh Windows 10 Pro 1803 installation running a MorphXT 12.7, it was stable since years, but some time after I switched from an ADSL to a faster VDSL connection, the MorphXT started being instable, crashing apparently with no-reason and with random time interval between crashes: sometimes 3 times at day, sometimes once a week.
In the last period it happens it lost the know.met file and is unable to recover it (even if I have backup 1 & 2 from MorphXT, it just overwrite them as it restart).
It crashes without any dialog windows, just stop working and when I go to the system tray and try to click on the eMule icon, it disappear. Nothing changed even I don't reduce it to icon.
I tried already a fresh MorphXT installation but nothing changed, I'm trying to lower the upload but this sucks.
Nothing changed in the config I used for (almost 12) years.

Here some useful data:
Pc Configuration
- Operating System: Win 10 Pro 1803
- Internet connection type: VDSL 100M/20M
- Modem, Router, Proxy: Technicolor TG789vac v2 Smart Modem TIM (can't change this shitty modem, it's a bundle from the provider)
- Firewalls: No
- Antivirus: Win Defender
- Spyware detector: Win Defender
- Emule Version: MorphXT 12.7 (eMule 0.50a)

Emule Settings (Options tab)
- Dl/Ul capacity: (2000/700 KB/s)
- Dl/Ul limits: (No/350KB/s)
- Hard limit: 500
- Max Connection: 800
- Activated networks: Both
- Max. new connection/5 secs: 20
- Max half open connection: 9
- Ports TCP/UDP: 20464/46591

Emule General
- Numbers of servers in your server list: 9 (it's the http://www.gruk.org/server.met list)
- High ID or LowID: HighID
- Number of downloading files and average number of sources: Usually none, actually just 10
- Number of shared files: about 1500-2000
- Used server name and IP: Random, usually TVUnderground
- Internet Service Provider: TIM (Italy)
- Is Protocol Obfuscation enabled: yeah, of course
- Found sources: 3 (but the file I'm trying to download are in dead share probably, same result from peerates search for them).

Please help me to get rid of this issue, I'm using "Restart on Crash" to restart the emule service when it's not running, but of course it's not a fix, it's a bad patch to the problem.
Thx

#2 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:43 AM

Try the official 0.50a or 0.50b beta1.
Or 0.51b community.

Otherwise you should ask for this in the mod sub-forum.
(Try to lower the max connections to 200)
INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non č serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dā subito l'allegrIa! Immagine Postata

#3 User is offline   SS1900 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:26 AM

Try to disble the Auto option in Morph Share.

:flowers:

#4 User is offline   emule_user_downunder 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:16 AM

1: Try a full scan with MalwareBytes.

2: Check your drives for errors. Full scan (means rebooting and then running full scan)
3: Are you running any other file sharing software on your computer at the same time?
4: Is there anybody else on the same link (local LAN) running file sharing software, torrents, streaming, or anything that loads the VDSL link?
5: Any clues in your Windows system error log?
6: Running low on resources such as disk space or memory?

This post has been edited by emule_user_downunder: 12 October 2018 - 09:17 AM

#5 User is offline   CRC 

• Pip

Posted 21 October 2018 - 02:35 PM

@xilolee: thx for the answer, as the emule Mod>Morph section is under the Development subforum, and this doesn't matter with development, I thinked here was the right place for such a question. Feel free to move the thread, please.

@SS1900: If you talk about the Powershare->Auto option under MorphShare, it was already set to Limited since ages. Never changed this option since I use the mod.

@emule user downunder:no malware, no other filesharing on this pc or lan, no Windows error, enough space on the shared disk, low ram probably, but not so low. Anyway, never changed the hardware configuration since ages, it was running perfectly.

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users