• +
  • « First
  • Last »

Testing Version 0.51 Continued unofficial development

#81 User is offline   RyoSaeba91 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 July 2018 - 11:19 PM

Hi Fox, thanks for new update after 8 years, finally emule work better in w10 !!!
Have two question:
- Can you implement disk cache or increase buffer size for preserve hard disk life ?
- It's possible add option for choose folder when add new link ? Or add new link in the opened folder ?
Thanks

This post has been edited by RyoSaeba91: 30 July 2018 - 11:20 PM

#82 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:22 PM

View PostRyoSaeba91, on 31 July 2018 - 02:19 AM, said:

- Can you implement disk cache or increase buffer size for preserve hard disk life ?

Could you tell what should be the right buffer size?
Not sure if HDD life time is a problem, and Windows already does disk caching.

View PostRyoSaeba91, on 31 July 2018 - 02:19 AM, said:

- It's possible add option for choose folder when add new link ? Or add new link in the opened folder ?

In most cases categories could help you with different folders.

#83 User is offline   RyoSaeba91 

• Pip

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:09 PM

I do not know what the right buffer size is but 1.5 mb is too small. With utorrent I put 500 mb and it's ok, no more reads / writes on the disk.
For the folders, categories do not do in my case. When I add an ed2k link from the web, I would like these to be directly addressed in the open folder or to let me choose, as in morphtx.
I discovered a bug, the log signalled me messages from a user but by going to the tab, not have messages.

#84 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2018 - 09:16 AM

View PostRyoSaeba91, on 02 August 2018 - 01:09 AM, said:

I discovered a bug, the log signalled me messages from a user but by going to the tab, not have messages.

What exactly were the the log lines?
Please mask IPs and other sensitive information when posting.

#85 User is offline   RyoSaeba91 

• Pip

Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:22 PM

I don't know. Sorry, but I close Emule at midnight, everyday :( .
Is possible recover yesterday event log ?

This post has been edited by RyoSaeba91: 02 August 2018 - 08:24 PM

#86 User is offline   gab10 

• Pip

Posted 03 August 2018 - 09:20 AM

View PostRyoSaeba91, on 02 August 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

I don't know. Sorry, but I close Emule at midnight, everyday :( .

As these, in additional options, you can save the record on the disk

I don't know how to put a catch to show you

#87 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2018 - 12:01 PM

View PostRyoSaeba91, on 02 August 2018 - 01:09 AM, said:

1.5 mb is too small. With utorrent I put 500 mb and it's ok, no more reads / writes on the disk.

The first number is for each downloading file, the second is total for all needs.
eMule might need changes here, but it would be odd trying to compare these numbers directly.

View PostRyoSaeba91, on 02 August 2018 - 11:22 PM, said:

Like recover from RAM after you turned off the computer?
You could save it manually or automatically, or copy and paste text from log panes.

#88 User is offline   EricJH 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:05 PM

I am not sure I am posting in the right place.

I updated to v 0.51a using the zip archive and it is set to connect when eMule starts. However, it no longer automatically connects to the ed2l network upon start up. It says "No valid servers to connect in server list found"in the status bar and the logs. When I use the Connect button in the Server indow it cannot connect and it says "No valid servers to connect in server list found". Only when I connect to a server myself it will connect and all is well. It connects successfully to Kad network.

Thinking it could be related to the update I went back to 0.50a and now the problem surfaces there also. I removed all servers from the Servers window after I made sure no servers were set as static server. I restarted emule and updated the server list from:
http://peerates.net/servers.php
http://gruk.org/server.met
http://shortypower.org/server.met

The above servers are also in my address.dat file. When I use Updater server.met from url the servers respond by serving their server list.

Does anybody have a clue where to look further? I am considering making a back up of preferences.ini and start with a fresh configuration. Could I simply rename it to preferences.ini.bak while eMule is not running and will it then start with a default configuration? Or do I need to follow a different scenario?

This post has been edited by EricJH: 11 August 2018 - 11:12 PM

#89 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2018 - 09:57 AM

EricJH,
this issue might be similar to yours.
Gruk refreshes its list very rarely, it could be outdated.

#90 User is offline   Riso64Bit 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:55 AM

anyone has problems with notification pop-up in minimule? i dont receive messages..

#91 User is offline   EricJH 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:50 PM

View Postfox88, on 12 August 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

EricJH,
this issue might be similar to yours.
Gruk refreshes its list very rarely, it could be outdated.
Thank you.

I removed gruk.org's list from addresses.dat, removed all servers in the Server window and restarted eMule but it didn't help.

Using 0.50a I bit the bullet and renamed preferences.ini to preferences.ini.bak when eMule was not running and started clean. Now the problem seems to be solved. Now I had problems with certain servers connection giving me with Low ID. I solved it by adding servers that would give me a HighID to the static servers list and set eMule to only connect to static servers.

When decide to update to .51a again and I will let you know how things go because the problem started when updating to .051a. I forgot to mention I an on Windows 7 SP1 x64.

#92 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:31 PM

View PostRiso64Bit, on 12 August 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

anyone has problems with notification pop-up in minimule? i dont receive messages..

Thanks for the report.
Regression; would be fixed in maintenance release.

View PostEricJH, on 12 August 2018 - 05:50 PM, said:

I removed gruk.org's list from addresses.dat, removed all servers in the Server window and restarted eMule but it didn't help.

I did differently.
Set automatic connect on startup, got server.met from emule-security.org.
Obfuscation was set to No for all servers in this list.
But in a short while servers begin getting Yes in Obfuscation column, and eMule connected.

#93 User is offline   EricJH 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:00 PM

I started to get better results once I turned on Safe Connect. Servers that gave me Low ID before started giving me High ID again. And one that used to give me High ID, Peerates, is now giving me Low ID. I have obfuscation enabled. I may try the Priority system now.

#94 User is offline   tom942 

• Pip

Posted 18 August 2018 - 10:31 AM

Hi,

After several years, I'm back to eMule and I found that there is this updated community version. GREAT!!!

In my computer (updated Windows 10 64 bits build 1803) it seems to work properly, but there is one thing I donīt understand.

Why does it place the config files under this path: 'C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\eMule'?

I donīt find any option to change it.

Any help?

Cheers!!!

#95 User is offline   NoMiaus 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2018 - 01:29 PM

View Posttom942, on 18 August 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

Why does it place the config files under this path: 'C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\eMule'?

It can be changed in the installation process. That's the directory by default since Windows Vista to avoid permission issues. You can also change it in Options > Extended, "Sharing eMule with other computer users". There you have three options. The first one saves config in AppData folder, the second one in C:\ProgramData and the last one in the directory where you installed eMule. If you change this option once you ran eMule, you will need to move the old config to the new config directory to don't lose any data. In addition, if you switch it to ProgramData or to Program Files directory you must set eMule to run as administrator in the executable properties ("Run this program as an administrator" in the Compatibility tab) or eMule won't be able to write there.
En ocasiones.. veo cable-modems Motorola con ID Alta ._.'

#96 User is offline   tom942 

• Pip

Posted 18 August 2018 - 07:11 PM

View PostNoMiaus, on 18 August 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

View Posttom942, on 18 August 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

It can be changed in the installation process. That's the directory by default since Windows Vista to avoid permission issues. You can also change it in Options > Extended, "Sharing eMule with other computer users". There you have three options. The first one saves config in AppData folder, the second one in C:\ProgramData and the last one in the directory where you installed eMule. If you change this option once you ran eMule, you will need to move the old config to the new config directory to don't lose any data. In addition, if you switch it to ProgramData or to Program Files directory you must set eMule to run as administrator in the executable properties ("Run this program as an administrator" in the Compatibility tab) or eMule won't be able to write there.

Ups, thank you very much, NoMiaus. The last eMule version that I have used was Xtreme 8.1, and never had such problem because I went from Windows XP to Windows 7, I alwasy move my config from my old folder to the new one.

Now it's already working as I used to use it :)

#97 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2018 - 09:00 PM

Updated community version of eMule 0.51b is available for download.

Bugs were fixed, and small features were adderd.
  • Web Interface got capability to search for collections.
  • In Options - Web Interface a self-signed certificate for HTTPS connection can be created.

Created certificate would be valid for 1 year starting from the first day of the month when it was generated.
Self-signed implies it would not be trusted by browsers, therefore it would be necessary to add an exception manually.
It is still possible to use certificates created with third party tools.

This post has been edited by fox88: 21 August 2018 - 11:54 AM

#98 User is offline   Riso64Bit 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2018 - 12:41 PM

the "Search Results" icon on search tab seems not to be displayed entirely, perhaps the results window goes above the aforementioned button (the lower part of the button is missing)

#99 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2018 - 02:16 PM

Thanks, Riso64bit.
That tiny visual issue was already in 0.51a, but nobody reported that.

0.51b was not published yet here in Downloads, so I made an in-place update in Github (build number changed from 1 to 2).
The issue is tiny and not cricical at all, redownloading is optional.
But it still would be nice to have the bug fixed.

This post has been edited by fox88: 21 August 2018 - 11:55 AM

#100 User is offline   dylandog84 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2018 - 11:31 PM

Hi Fox88,

i found some "strange" graphic differences between emule 0.50a and your emule 0.51b.
In queue list the button "Update" isn't coordinated with the GUI and the informations related to Users, files, overhead bandwith are "truncated".
At last, the line that delimits the queue list isn't complete but, if i change the list (works only with upload list), the line appears.

Please see images below:

https://imgur.com/KwITotM (related to emule 0.50a)

https://imgur.com/RiHWhd8 (related to emule 0.51b)

eMule runs on windows 10 64 bit.

:flowers:

This post has been edited by dylandog84: 19 August 2018 - 11:34 PM

Posted Image

• Member Options

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users