Official eMule-Board: Emule Freeze When Delete Some Items Of The Result Serching File List W - Official eMule-Board

Jump to content


Page 1 of 1

Emule Freeze When Delete Some Items Of The Result Serching File List W Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   coolcorn 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 04-December 17

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:04 AM

every time when i want delete some items of a people's share files list result in my emule, if the list count is large(eg 20,000), the emule is freeze.
i guess that's because your algorithm is O(n * m),in my opinion, if you delete a 'sorted' sub set from a 'sorted' list, your algorithm can be O(m+n). please fix it, thank u.

This post has been edited by coolcorn: 04 December 2017 - 10:06 AM

0

#2 User is offline   fox88 

  • Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4561
  • Joined: 13-May 07

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:27 PM

Generally speaking, both lists are unsorted.
Besides, 20000 files is a huge number of files; it might be difficult to share efficiently.

This post has been edited by fox88: 06 December 2017 - 11:05 AM

0

#3 User is offline   coolcorn 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 04-December 17

Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:04 AM

View Postfox88, on 05 December 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

Generally speaking, both lists are unsorted.
Besides, 20000 files is a huge number of files; it might be difficult to share efficiently.

yes, you are right. but i think the developers can arrange the file list in a more efficient way , for example, they can display them in tree control or split them in multi pages. in fact when you sort over files it's not freeze, it's very fast in current emule. so the sort is not a problem, the display is, when i switch different people's share tabs, it's really slow when the file list is long. please fixed it.
0

#4 User is offline   fox88 

  • Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4561
  • Joined: 13-May 07

Posted 01 June 2018 - 10:08 AM

View Postcoolcorn, on 01 June 2018 - 06:04 AM, said:

i think the developers can arrange the file list in a more efficient way , for example, they can display them in tree control or split them in multi pages.

There is already a directory tree on the left of the Shared Files page.

View Postcoolcorn, on 01 June 2018 - 06:04 AM, said:

in fact when you sort over files it's not freeze, it's very fast in current emule. so the sort is not a problem, the display is, when i switch different people's share tabs, it's really slow when the file list is long. please fixed it.

You do understand, that there are at least two lists?
There is an internal list with various file's information, and another one for display (which you sort).
If you have clear ideas what and how to change, please get source code and take a look at the files having the word "shared" in names.

And once again: 20000 files is too many to be shared in KAD efficiently (by about an order of magnitude).
With reasonable quantity of files lists are doing well enough.
0

  • Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users