Official eMule-Board: Open Port On Vodafone Station - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Open Port On Vodafone Station Failed port test

#1 User is offline   MisterFrank 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:44 PM

I've tried to open the port on the vodafone station, but test keep failing and keep having a low id..

https://postimg.org/...14pho0f/http://

https://postimg.org/image/xs3reyj67/

https://postimg.org/image/9mf5xvaeh/

#2 User is offline   NoMiaus 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:33 PM

Firstly, check you've set a static IP for your PC and also that the TCP (4662) and UDP (4672) ports are opened to your current and static IP (192.168.1.3). If you didn't set the IP as static, your router could assign you a different one. You've a good guide about how do it in here.

If that's okay, it means a firewall is blocking eMule. If you've an antivirus which includes firewall, allow eMule on your antivirus. If that's not your case, check the Windows Firewall. Tell us what's the antivirus you use and what's the operative system of your PC if you can't solve it.

This post has been edited by NoMiaus: 11 August 2017 - 05:36 PM

En ocasiones.. veo cable-modems Motorola con ID Alta ._.'

#3 User is offline   MisterFrank 

• Pip

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:17 PM

View PostNoMiaus, on 11 August 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

Firstly, check you've set a static IP for your PC and also that the TCP (4662) and UDP (4672) ports are opened to your current and static IP (192.168.1.3). If you didn't set the IP as static, your router could assign you a different one. You've a good guide about how do it in here.

If that's okay, it means a firewall is blocking eMule. If you've an antivirus which includes firewall, allow eMule on your antivirus. If that's not your case, check the Windows Firewall. Tell us what's the antivirus you use and what's the operative system of your PC if you can't solve it.

Thank you, I've already follow that guide, so my ip is static. Definetly I think it's the antivirus, because I've a real annoying one, Symantec Endpoint Protection, they have installed it on my pc at work, with vpn client connection. I try to add an application exception for emule but seems not working, maybe I've to found a more specific firewall port settings.. Operating System is Windows 10 Pro.

#4 User is offline   NoMiaus 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:49 PM

View PostMisterFrank, on 11 August 2017 - 11:17 PM, said:

they have installed it on my pc at work, with vpn client connection

If you use a VPN connection ports will be probably blocked if the VPN service doesn't allow port forwarding and you will connect with Low ID, so check this as well. On the other hand, I guess Symantec Endpoint Protection has firewall protection, so you can try to disable the firewall and restart eMule to test if the antivirus causes the Low ID. If you disable it and you connect with High ID you can confirm you've to set the antivirus properly and if you keep connecting with Low ID it means there's something else on the connection/PC.

This post has been edited by NoMiaus: 11 August 2017 - 11:51 PM

En ocasiones.. veo cable-modems Motorola con ID Alta ._.'

#5 User is offline   MisterFrank 

• Pip

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:26 PM

View PostNoMiaus, on 11 August 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

View PostMisterFrank, on 11 August 2017 - 11:17 PM, said:

they have installed it on my pc at work, with vpn client connection

If you use a VPN connection ports will be probably blocked if the VPN service doesn't allow port forwarding and you will connect with Low ID, so check this as well. On the other hand, I guess Symantec Endpoint Protection has firewall protection, so you can try to disable the firewall and restart eMule to test if the antivirus causes the Low ID. If you disable it and you connect with High ID you can confirm you've to set the antivirus properly and if you keep connecting with Low ID it means there's something else on the connection/PC.

No, I had to use the vpn only at work, but I want to use emule on the same notebook, with the normal home connection. Definetely Symantec Endpoint Protection has a firewall protection, I'm trying to disable it, but seems not to be that easy..

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users