Official eMule-Board: More Seeds, Please! - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

More Seeds, Please! Seeds for rare archives needed

#1 User is offline   Octubre 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:02 PM

Two years ago I asked for a file that had only one source. This person connects very seldom, so there is the longest QR for it and it's never my turn - to this day I've got only 6%. What I don't understand is why there is still only one source for the file. Those that were lucky and got some chunks of it should share!

#2 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:11 PM

The queue is global.
If your client asks a part to a client, it should wait all the other clients are served.
It isn't said other clients asked and had got a part of the file yours is asking (hence the file isn't spread).

In your situation, you could:
- search and download for the same file (i.e., same content, but different in size or other), but with more sources.
- send a message to that source, when you see he/she's online, asking for a friend slot (click).

This post has been edited by xilolee: 01 May 2017 - 03:13 PM

INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non č serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dā subito l'allegrIa! Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Octubre 

• Pip

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:02 PM

View Postxilolee, on 01 May 2017 - 04:11 PM, said:

The queue is global.
If your client asks a part to a client, it should wait all the other clients are served.
It isn't said other clients asked and had got a part of the file yours is asking (hence the file isn't spread).

- search and download for the same file (i.e., same content, but different in size or other), but with more sources.
- send a message to that source, when you see he/she's online, asking for a friend slot (click).

#4 User is offline   Octubre 

• Pip

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:16 PM

[/quote]
[/quote]

Thanks for your explanation, Xilolee. I understand the functioning, just thought that some of those who preceded me in the QR could have downloaded a bit more. But it seems everybody else has the same 6%.

As for looking for another file, I do it from time to time, but only find that one. Neither have I been able to send a message to that Gorizio fellow. Well, I'll have to be patient and wait for another 33 years.

#5 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:23 PM

Yup, I forgot those options: wait other 33 years or renounce to having that file. :flowers:
INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non č serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dā subito l'allegrIa! Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Lauranbri 

• PipPip

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:43 AM

After reading what you wrote, I had to say something. You sure have alot of patience waiting for two years for something. I hope you might explore some of the options I'm going to mention.
Have you tried looking for the file you want on a site like youtube, dailymotion, youku etc? There are easy to follow download helpers out there for these sites.
Perhaps another P2P site like WinMX or Soulseek? Even though I prefer being on this network, sometimes it doesn't allways have what I'm looking for when I get an idea in my head to add to my video collection, so I look in other places. If all else fails, I can usually find it on a website to buy.
Please try to explore some options I mentioned.

#7 User is offline   demonsaw 

• Pip

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:08 PM

What is the name of the file or ed2k?

#8 User is offline   stewartcristan 

• Pip

Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:07 AM

View Postdemonsaw, on 05 May 2017 - 08:08 PM, said:

What is the name of the file or ed2k?

same question here.

#9 User is offline   pier4r 

• Ex falso quodlibet ; Kad is the major concept behind emule.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:56 PM

View PostOctubre, on 01 May 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

Two years ago I asked for a file that had only one source. This person connects very seldom, so there is the longest QR for it and it's never my turn - to this day I've got only 6%. What I don't understand is why there is still only one source for the file. Those that were lucky and got some chunks of it should share!

Woah two years, I have some files completed after one year (the power of emule and p2p, with torrent: lol ). Anyway if the source is there but it does not share (a) send him a message. It is likely that he has a lot of other files that have higher priority and you never get a slot.

Also, leaving the system on 24/7 may help.
>>>Feature Request (ICS) or SOTN, EmuleCollectionV2 >>> Emule on old hardware (intel pentium 2 or 3 - via c3 - and so on) with good OS settings and enough ram (256+ mb): great >>>user of: eMule - Xtreme - ZZUL bastard - SharX - SharkX 1.8b5 pierQR - ZZUL-Tra - ZZUL-Tra-TL - kMule - Beba

Extended signature: click.

#10 User is offline   blodsvar 

• Pip

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:02 AM

View PostOctubre, on 01 May 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

Why do you not just use torrents? Waiting years for a file is just,,,, a waste of time. I used to have peer to peer clients almost 20 years ago. The world have moved forward :) If you can get a invite to a private tracker from someone (like me), there's much more focus on seeding and ratio. I download almost everything at speeds up to 20 MB/sec, only restricted by my own internet plan. I can get it much faster, but 2-3 minutes downloading a movie is good enough. And there's of course much more cool files. I know it's kind of illegal, but there are ways around that as well :)

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users