Official eMule-Board: Tcp Open But Udp Closed And Low Id - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Tcp Open But Udp Closed And Low Id

#1 User is offline   dh4m13l 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 March 2016 - 10:08 AM

Hi guys, I've been trying to set this up for three hours on my new pc.
I've been using eMule for a decade I think, it always worked, mostly. Now the little arrows around the globe at the bottom are yellow.
I opened the ports as I always did, on firewall and by going to 192.168.1.1
TCP test is ok, UDP is not, and I have a low ID, no idea what to do now, this was how I set it in all my other computers years ago what am I missing.
This is the info you requested. Please help. Thank you.

Pc Configuration
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Internet connection type (Bandwidth, Eg: 1024/320 DSL): DSL 3Mb
- Modem, Router, Proxy (manufacturer and model): Huawei HG532s
- Firewalls and Antivirus: Bitdefender
- Spyware detector: Malwarebytes
- Emule Version: 0.50a

Emule Settings (Options tab)
- Dl/Ul capacity: 350/50
- Dl/Ul limits: none
- Hard limit: 400
- Max Connection: 500
- Activated networks (ED2k, Kad, Both): both, I think.
- Max. new connection/5 secs (Options -> Extended): I don't see this.
- Max half open connection (Options -> Extended): I don't see this.
- Ports TCP/UDP: 28817 / 23414

Emule General
- Numbers of servers in your server list (How to get a good server list): 10
- High ID or LowID: LowID
- Number of downloading files and average number of sources: 2
- Number of shared files: 200
- Used server name and IP (eg: DonkeyServer NO1)
- Internet Service Provider (ISP): Speedy
- Is Protocol Obfuscation enabled? I think so, should I disable, and how do I do it?
- Found sources (Statistics -> Transfer -> Downloads -> Session -> Found sources) What do you want me to give you from this list, numbers are running.

This post has been edited by dh4m13l: 01 March 2016 - 10:09 AM

#2 User is offline   xSTHNSx 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:38 PM

Forget the outdated eMule form from FAQ and do as I say. First of all there is two aspects you need to consider software (client/firewall) and hardware (modem/router). So keep that in mind and take note of these default service ports below which has to be open in both.

TCP port 4662 [in/out] is used for client to client transfer. (This is needed to obtain HighID on ED2K)
UDP port 4665 [in/out] is used for global server queries.
UDP port 4672 [in/out] is used for KAD and extended ED2K quires. (This is needed to obtain Ok status on KAD along side TCP 4662)

1) Now as I can see you have changed the ports to custom <i>"Ports TCP/UDP: 28817 / 23414"</i> you need to revert back to default for now. So fire up ~Mule client and go in settings for connects and ports use the default service ports I have listed above and save it.

2) Now this part depends on your config and settings on the OS. So if your OS filer service enabled or using other firewall type apps then make sure ~Mule has full access for incoming/outgoing connection. If it lets you specify the ports then use those as listed above.

3) This is the tricky part since you need to now enable these ports on the router/modem. As most these days have standard firewall enabled on it and PAT/NAT need to be set-up in full cone manner if it using complex /bin/iproute with built in IDS. So login to your device (modem/router) make sure you open the ports listed above and forward them to the machine's LAN-IP. Which is the computer that’s running the ~Mule client on.

If you need help let me know in which part your stuck and Ill walk you step by step.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:28 PM

The ports to be opened are in preferences.ini:
Port=		(In options connections, this is the TCP entry)
UDPPort=	(In options connections, this is the UDP entry)
ServerUDPPort=	(Facultative: "In very rare cases..." - In options connections, this isn't present)

Default ports are no longer defaults since 2005-2006 (?).

In my opinion, the culprit is bitdefender firewall.
Very simple try: untick "use upnp..." in emule options connections, close emule, disable the firewall, open emule, connect it, check the diagonal arrows on the globe at bottom-right.
If the arrows become green, set better the firewall.

This post has been edited by xilolee: 01 March 2016 - 08:31 PM

INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non č serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dā subito l'allegrIa! Immagine Postata

#4 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:06 PM

Some ISPs used to block eMule's traffic on default port numbers. Because of that for a long time eMule suggests random ports instead of old defaults.

Those who never used eMule should avoid giving odd advices revert back to defaults.
Also it is very good to know user's configuration, hence advices like forget the outdated form are no good at all.

View Postdh4m13l, on 01 March 2016 - 01:08 PM, said:

- Max. new connection/5 secs (Options -> Extended): I don't see this.
- Max half open connection (Options -> Extended): I don't see this.

You should be able to find these settings in Extended options.
http://www.emule-pro...0&rm=show_topic

Default values are 20 and 9 respectively. Just make sure the values are in place; usually there is no need for changing.

For port forwarding see this link: http://portforward.c...G532s/eMule.htm
The important point might be setting static IP for eMule's PC.
If you already set static IP, double check that ports are forwarded to the correct IP.

This post has been edited by fox88: 01 March 2016 - 09:14 PM

#5 User is offline   xSTHNSx 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2016 - 12:51 AM

@fox88 & xilolee
I know both of you trying to help but when you troubleshoot things you need to follow standard set of chains in methodical fashion. As you can't just randomly shoot for things in the dark hoping you will hit the target, as that is not valid diagnosis when it comes to solving problems. Now that being said we are all aware of facetious ISP's filtering selected ports and even sharping traffic in the name of network management based on user's custom RAIDUS, QoS profile enforced by DPI/SPI/PLE switchs. Now if both of you actually had any low level networking knowledge into its software and hardware design you would understand every layer you pass you can verify and rule out where the problem has occurred.

"you need to revert back to default for now"

It's actually takes skill comprehending what you read specially between the line as you need to interpret it on the fly, brain is a complex computer. The user can always change ports once they understood what is required of them to establish full cone setting for PAT/NAT. Even if user's default ports were being filtered they can verify that with ease.

@dh4m13l
So follow it step by step and let me know where you were stuck. I would know as I built my own network infrastructure from custom switch for UNIX & LINUX /bin/iproute using IPTable to map network topology for local to remote in complex content distribution routing for its propagation in network aggregation.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:43 AM

View PostxSTHNSx, on 02 March 2016 - 03:51 AM, said:

when you troubleshoot things you need to follow standard set of chains in methodical fashion.

For about a decade the standard procedure of fixing lowID issues does not require fumbling with obsolete default port numbers.

But how could you know this if you never used eMule; and never updated old knowledge?

#7 User is offline   xSTHNSx 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:09 AM

@fox88
You can't be serious? I see your foolish still now as you were when I use to pick on you decade ago and since you forgot who I am lets burst your bubble and refresh your long term memory. As you should bring Andu, Dick, tropon, clouche and that nissenince so its fare fight like old times.

But how could you know this if you never used eMule

As I have said decade ago ill say it again eMule is not the gateway to ED2K and not the only client that connects to the network or did you forgot that? I have never used eMule and I never will as eMule is for Windows platform where I'm on *nix which was true decade ago as its true today as I was xMule/aMule user.

never updated old knowledge?

The funny thing about knowledge is you need to actually know and apply it in the field to gain experience, wouldn't you agree?

Now lets give you little history lesson regarding ISP's throttling user's traffic. This was a time years before you even had option on your little eMule to enable protocol obfuscation. When the first ISP, which is the same ISP i'm on now deployed Sandvine DPI switch to sharp traffic in the name of network management but they took step further with packet forgery as it wasn't just QoS and RAIDUS profile enforced back then as your ISP does today. Why? because it was us in DSLReport Broadband forum who broke the news and right after FCC rain down on their parade for net neutrality and your small ISP took steps after to follow in footstep of my ISP, who is that ISP?

Now I find it comical that you going to teach me about networking. lol that's actually funny with what credentials and experience? I'm currently operating this network right now that can do 8gbps (1000MB/s) which is 1gbps (125MB/s) x 7 parallel links simultaneously. Considering I design the hardware that i'm using now which i'm behind as it can handle 7gbps with 168bit OSF enabled where your using what standard 4bit still?

For about a decade the standard procedure of fixing lowID issues does not require fumbling with obsolete default port numbers.

BTW most ISP's don't even waste time any more filtering ports as they now deployed advance PLE switchs which is superior to DPI switchs. As they enforce user with custom RAIDUS profile and QoS policy on the node itself. It is very easy to change ports so if you think that will stop anyone you then your mistaking and even if they tried it can be bypassed with ease. It's also funny you talking about LowID as do you remember how its generated in first place?

PS: Don't get your feelings hurt I know your trying to help others. But that doesn't mean copy and paste same crap over and over the point is to educate users so they can help others and in the process teaching them and make them see every aspect of the subject.

Wed Mar  2 05:59:09 2016 NOTE: --fastio is disabled since not using UDP
Wed Mar  2 05:59:09 2016 Socket Buffers: R=[87380->131072] S=[16384->131072]
Wed Mar  2 05:59:09 2016 Attempting to establish TCP connection with [AF-INET]
Wed Mar  2 05:59:10 2016 TCP connection established with [nonblock]
Wed Mar  2 05:59:10 2016 TCPv4_CLIENT link local: [undef]
Wed Mar  2 05:59:10 2016 TCPv4_CLIENT link remote: [AF-INET]
Wed Mar  2 05:59:10 2016 TLS: Initial packet from [AF-INET], sid=91a431cs 6f8558ea
Wed Mar  2 05:59:12 2016 Data Channel Encrypt: Cipher 'AES-128-CBC' initialized with 128 bit key
Wed Mar  2 05:59:12 2016 Data Channel Encrypt: Using 160 bit message hash 'SHA1' for HMAC authentication
Wed Mar  2 05:59:12 2016 Data Channel Decrypt: Cipher 'AES-128-CBC' initialized with 128 bit key
Wed Mar  2 05:59:12 2016 Data Channel Decrypt: Using 160 bit message hash 'SHA1' for HMAC authentication
Wed Mar  2 05:59:12 2016 Control Channel: TLSv1, cipher TLSv1/SSLv3 DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, 1024 bit RSA
Wed Mar  2 05:59:14 2016 SENT CONTROL: 'PUSH_REQUEST' (status=1)
Wed Mar  2 05:59:14 2016 PUSH: Received control message: 'PUSH_REPLY,redirect-gateway def1,dhcp-option DNS  8.8.8.8,dhcp-option DNS  91.239.100.100,route 10.9.0.1,topology net30,ping 5,ping-restart 30,ifconfig 10.9.6.62 10.9.6.61'
Wed Mar  2 05:59:14 2016 OPTIONS IMPORT: timers and/or timeouts modified
Wed Mar  2 05:59:14 2016 OPTIONS IMPORT: --ifconfig/up options modified
Wed Mar  2 05:59:14 2016 OPTIONS IMPORT: route options modified
Wed Mar  2 05:59:14 2016 OPTIONS IMPORT: --ip32 and/or --dhcp-option options modified
Wed Mar  2 05:59:14 2016 ROUTE_GATEWAY 192.168.0.1/255.255.255.0 IFACE=enp0s25 HWADDR=18:a9:05:20:70:ce
Wed Mar  2 05:59:14 2016 TUN/TAP device tun1 opened
Wed Mar  2 05:59:14 2016 TUN/TAP TX queue length set to 100
Wed Mar  2 05:59:14 2016 do_ifconfig, tt->ipv6=0, tt->did_ifconfig_ipv6_setup=0
Wed Mar  2 05:59:14 2016 /bin/ip link set dev tun1 up mtu 1500
Wed Mar  2 05:59:15 2016 /bin/ip addr add dev tun1 local 10.9.6.62 peer 10.9.6.61
Wed Mar  2 05:59:17 2016 /bin/ip route add 192.168.0.1
Wed Mar  2 05:59:17 2016 /bin/ip route add 0.0.0.0/1 via 10.9.6.61
Wed Mar  2 05:59:17 2016 /bin/ip route add 128.0.0.0/1 via 10.9.6.61
Wed Mar  2 05:59:17 2016 /bin/ip route add 10.9.0.1/32 via 10.9.6.61
Wed Mar  2 05:59:17 2016 Sequence Initialization Completed

Thats just copy of my current tab for networking.

This post has been edited by xSTHNSx: 02 March 2016 - 11:10 AM

Posted Image

#8 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:10 PM

View PostxSTHNSx, on 02 March 2016 - 02:09 PM, said:

I use to pick on you decade ago and since you forgot who I am

I am sorry to remind how your picking more than once ended in you flying out of the forum ahead of the sound of your whining. Are we clear enough on the subject of failing memory?

View PostxSTHNSx, on 02 March 2016 - 02:09 PM, said:

you need to actually know and apply it in the field to gain experience, wouldn't you agree?

Simple procedures for curing lowID were tried and found working for thousands users in eMule help IRC channel.
That is what users need in most cases - a working eMule, very few care about deep understanding of networking. That is experience; not abstract boasting about *nix stuff.

#9 User is offline   dh4m13l 

• Pip

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:19 PM

WOW dude, this actually worked, wtf.
Now the bottom arrow, which I believe is for eD2K is green, and it says hi ID, I only have two servers on my list, but anyways that's a different topic. The KAD arrow is still yellow. And the ports tests fail completely saying:
---
Testing IP: xxx-xx-xx-xxx.speedy.com.ar

Obfuscation: Enabled

Starting TCP connection test...
TCP connection test failed because eMule rejected the connection.
It is possible that your IPFilter includes the IP of this server, making a connectiontest impossible.

Connection test finished.
---
This had happened once before though, it is not directly related to the setting you recommended.

Now I have to check what is wrong with the KAD setting, or if it is even worth setting it green actually.

View PostxSTHNSx, on 01 March 2016 - 02:38 PM, said:

Forget the outdated eMule form from FAQ and do as I say. First of all there is two aspects you need to consider software (client/firewall) and hardware (modem/router). So keep that in mind and take note of these default service ports below which has to be open in both.

TCP port 4662 [in/out] is used for client to client transfer. (This is needed to obtain HighID on ED2K)
UDP port 4672 [in/out] is used for KAD and extended ED2K quires. (This is needed to obtain Ok status on KAD along side TCP 4662)

1) Now as I can see you have changed the ports to custom <i>"Ports TCP/UDP: 28817 / 23414"</i> you need to revert back to default for now. So fire up ~Mule client and go in settings for connects and ports use the default service ports I have listed above and save it.

2) Now this part depends on your config and settings on the OS. So if your OS filer service enabled or using other firewall type apps then make sure ~Mule has full access for incoming/outgoing connection. If it lets you specify the ports then use those as listed above.

3) This is the tricky part since you need to now enable these ports on the router/modem. As most these days have standard firewall enabled on it and PAT/NAT need to be set-up in full cone manner if it using complex /bin/iproute with built in IDS. So login to your device (modem/router) make sure you open the ports listed above and forward them to the machine's LAN-IP. Which is the computer that’s running the ~Mule client on.

If you need help let me know in which part your stuck and Ill walk you step by step.

#10 User is offline   dh4m13l 

• Pip

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:23 PM

View Postfox88, on 01 March 2016 - 06:06 PM, said:

Some ISPs used to block eMule's traffic on default port numbers. Because of that for a long time eMule suggests random ports instead of old defaults.

Those who never used eMule should avoid giving odd advices revert back to defaults.
Also it is very good to know user's configuration, hence advices like forget the outdated form are no good at all.

You should be able to find these settings in Extended options.
http://www.emule-pro...0&rm=show_topic

Default values are 20 and 9 respectively. Just make sure the values are in place; usually there is no need for changing.

For port forwarding see this link: http://portforward.c...G532s/eMule.htm
The important point might be setting static IP for eMule's PC.
If you already set static IP, double check that ports are forwarded to the correct IP.

Thank you fox88, I am going to read that, since I did not set the static IP, never done it, I just go in and change the settings when my IP changes XD

#11 User is offline   dh4m13l 

• Pip

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:37 PM

View Postxilolee, on 01 March 2016 - 05:28 PM, said:

The ports to be opened are in preferences.ini:
Port=		(In options connections, this is the TCP entry)
UDPPort=	(In options connections, this is the UDP entry)
ServerUDPPort=	(Facultative: "In very rare cases..." - In options connections, this isn't present)

Default ports are no longer defaults since 2005-2006 (?).

In my opinion, the culprit is bitdefender firewall.
Very simple try: untick "use upnp..." in emule options connections, close emule, disable the firewall, open emule, connect it, check the diagonal arrows on the globe at bottom-right.
If the arrows become green, set better the firewall.

Thank you xilolee, it did not make a difference though.

#12 User is offline   dh4m13l 

• Pip

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:41 PM

Ok now xSTHNSx it is back to yellow and low ID.
It was green, so I exited eMule to test it. It went back to what it was before, I checked the settings, my ip and all that and it is as you recommended. Now I am really lost.
Do I need to go back and read for a couple of hours? lol It is a fun read, but well... gosh.

View PostxSTHNSx, on 02 March 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

@fox88
You can't be serious? I see your foolish still now as you were when I use to pick on you decade ago and since you forgot who I am lets burst your bubble and refresh your long term memory. As you should bring Andu, Dick, tropon, clouche and that nissenince so its fare fight like old times.

But how could you know this if you never used eMule

As I have said decade ago ill say it again eMule is not the gateway to ED2K and not the only client that connects to the network or did you forgot that? I have never used eMule and I never will as eMule is for Windows platform where I'm on *nix which was true decade ago as its true today as I was xMule/aMule user.

never updated old knowledge?

The funny thing about knowledge is you need to actually know and apply it in the field to gain experience, wouldn't you agree?

Now lets give you little history lesson regarding ISP's throttling user's traffic. This was a time years before you even had option on your little eMule to enable protocol obfuscation. When the first ISP, which is the same ISP i'm on now deployed Sandvine DPI switch to sharp traffic in the name of network management but they took step further with packet forgery as it wasn't just QoS and RAIDUS profile enforced back then as your ISP does today. Why? because it was us in DSLReport Broadband forum who broke the news and right after FCC rain down on their parade for net neutrality and your small ISP took steps after to follow in footstep of my ISP, who is that ISP?

Now I find it comical that you going to teach me about networking. lol that's actually funny with what credentials and experience? I'm currently operating this network right now that can do 8gbps (1000MB/s) which is 1gbps (125MB/s) x 7 parallel links simultaneously. Considering I design the hardware that i'm using now which i'm behind as it can handle 7gbps with 168bit OSF enabled where your using what standard 4bit still?

BTW most ISP's don't even waste time any more filtering ports as they now deployed advance PLE switchs which is superior to DPI switchs. As they enforce user with custom RAIDUS profile and QoS policy on the node itself. It is very easy to change ports so if you think that will stop anyone you then your mistaking and even if they tried it can be bypassed with ease. It's also funny you talking about LowID as do you remember how its generated in first place?

PS: Don't get your feelings hurt I know your trying to help others. But that doesn't mean copy and paste same crap over and over the point is to educate users so they can help others and in the process teaching them and make them see every aspect of the subject.

Wed Mar  2 05:59:09 2016 NOTE: --fastio is disabled since not using UDP
Wed Mar  2 05:59:09 2016 Socket Buffers: R=[87380->131072] S=[16384->131072]
Wed Mar  2 05:59:09 2016 Attempting to establish TCP connection with [AF-INET]
Wed Mar  2 05:59:10 2016 TCP connection established with [nonblock]
Wed Mar  2 05:59:10 2016 TCPv4_CLIENT link local: [undef]
Wed Mar  2 05:59:10 2016 TCPv4_CLIENT link remote: [AF-INET]
Wed Mar  2 05:59:10 2016 TLS: Initial packet from [AF-INET], sid=91a431cs 6f8558ea
Wed Mar  2 05:59:12 2016 Data Channel Encrypt: Cipher 'AES-128-CBC' initialized with 128 bit key
Wed Mar  2 05:59:12 2016 Data Channel Encrypt: Using 160 bit message hash 'SHA1' for HMAC authentication
Wed Mar  2 05:59:12 2016 Data Channel Decrypt: Cipher 'AES-128-CBC' initialized with 128 bit key
Wed Mar  2 05:59:12 2016 Data Channel Decrypt: Using 160 bit message hash 'SHA1' for HMAC authentication
Wed Mar  2 05:59:12 2016 Control Channel: TLSv1, cipher TLSv1/SSLv3 DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, 1024 bit RSA
Wed Mar  2 05:59:14 2016 SENT CONTROL: 'PUSH_REQUEST' (status=1)
Wed Mar  2 05:59:14 2016 PUSH: Received control message: 'PUSH_REPLY,redirect-gateway def1,dhcp-option DNS  8.8.8.8,dhcp-option DNS  91.239.100.100,route 10.9.0.1,topology net30,ping 5,ping-restart 30,ifconfig 10.9.6.62 10.9.6.61'
Wed Mar  2 05:59:14 2016 OPTIONS IMPORT: timers and/or timeouts modified
Wed Mar  2 05:59:14 2016 OPTIONS IMPORT: --ifconfig/up options modified
Wed Mar  2 05:59:14 2016 OPTIONS IMPORT: route options modified
Wed Mar  2 05:59:14 2016 OPTIONS IMPORT: --ip32 and/or --dhcp-option options modified
Wed Mar  2 05:59:14 2016 ROUTE_GATEWAY 192.168.0.1/255.255.255.0 IFACE=enp0s25 HWADDR=18:a9:05:20:70:ce
Wed Mar  2 05:59:14 2016 TUN/TAP device tun1 opened
Wed Mar  2 05:59:14 2016 TUN/TAP TX queue length set to 100
Wed Mar  2 05:59:14 2016 do_ifconfig, tt->ipv6=0, tt->did_ifconfig_ipv6_setup=0
Wed Mar  2 05:59:14 2016 /bin/ip link set dev tun1 up mtu 1500
Wed Mar  2 05:59:15 2016 /bin/ip addr add dev tun1 local 10.9.6.62 peer 10.9.6.61
Wed Mar  2 05:59:17 2016 /bin/ip route add 192.168.0.1
Wed Mar  2 05:59:17 2016 /bin/ip route add 0.0.0.0/1 via 10.9.6.61
Wed Mar  2 05:59:17 2016 /bin/ip route add 128.0.0.0/1 via 10.9.6.61
Wed Mar  2 05:59:17 2016 /bin/ip route add 10.9.0.1/32 via 10.9.6.61
Wed Mar  2 05:59:17 2016 Sequence Initialization Completed

Thats just copy of my current tab for networking.

#13 User is offline   xSTHNSx 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:26 PM

@dh4m13l
It's very easy we can narrow it down where the problem has occoured. We will break it down in aspect the software part and hardware part.

A) Software
1) Temporarily disable OS filter (Windows firewall) if its enabled which would cause filtering of in/out connection.
2) Temporarily disable any software based Firewall/IDS you have in place. As you posted in first post you have Bitdefender firewarll and Malwarebytes spyware detector enabled so just disable them.

Note: This is done to rule out any obstructions within the OS that was deployed which would be conflict with connection for the client. So eMule client again and see if anything changed and if it didn't move to part B.

B) Hardware
1) Is the computer connected directly to the modem?
2) Is the connection established via wired or wifi?
3) Does it connect to another device in between? like additional router?
4) Who is your ISP and what type of internet connection do you have? Wired (ISDN,DSL,Cable)/WISP (EVDO, Satellite)?
5) What company's modem/router do you use?
Note: Most of the time its in the hardware part where the problem occurred. Since there can be many switchs which each need to be setup properly.

Post back Part B so I can see what your working with here.

@fox88
Its is bit ironic your talking about memory here when you forgot who I was. Don't feel bad it's not your fault as human memory degrades over time and subject to alternative depths which changes based on time and experince. It is also funny you thought my departure from the forum was some how related to restrictions imposed by you boy tropon, sorry to burst your bubble I was busy fighting Media Corp who shut my network down. I found it funny you don't think low level networking from building the switchs to deploying package frame for it is "boasting about *nix stuff". As I can assure you that is not the case but it is to show where you stand in general in network deployment. You choose to copy and paste same BS over and over and hoping it will work. That is not how we do things as there is method to doing it fully the right way.

Let me give you prespective so you can grasp in networking where I stand. When your car breaks down and you take it to the mechanic and the guy is using some kind of diognastic tool where I can build the engine and all the parts. Yes your correct most cases users don't care to know how a clock works to know what time it is but it is our job those who knows to educate others so they can teach others themselve. Point of that is we can't always be there to help but once the knoweladge is passed down they can help others if not refer back to the person they know who will able to fix it.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   dh4m13l 

• Pip

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:25 AM

Great, let's move on :)

Both Bitdefender and Windows firewalls as well as Malwarebytes disabled, no difference. Remember they were enabled before and I got a green arrow and high id until I restarted eMule.

Not sure what this means. I am connected through WiFi to it, and I only have one modem, so I guess it is connected directly, not through any other computer or router or hub or switch or anything.

WiFi.

Nope.

4) Who is your ISP and what type of internet connection do you have? Wired (ISDN,DSL,Cable)/WISP (EVDO, Satellite)?
Speedy Telefonica de Argentina. DSL.

Huawei HG532s.
Its firewall is also off.

I am looking forward to see how you resolve this, not only because I want to download and upload stuff, but because I love computers, learning about them and everything that has to do with them.
I appreciate it.

View PostxSTHNSx, on 02 March 2016 - 05:26 PM, said:

@dh4m13l
It's very easy we can narrow it down where the problem has occoured. We will break it down in aspect the software part and hardware part.

A) Software
1) Temporarily disable OS filter (Windows firewall) if its enabled which would cause filtering of in/out connection.
2) Temporarily disable any software based Firewall/IDS you have in place. As you posted in first post you have Bitdefender firewarll and Malwarebytes spyware detector enabled so just disable them.

Note: This is done to rule out any obstructions within the OS that was deployed which would be conflict with connection for the client. So eMule client again and see if anything changed and if it didn't move to part B.

B) Hardware
Note: Most of the time its in the hardware part where the problem occurred. Since there can be many switchs which each need to be setup properly.

Post back Part B so I can see what your working with here.

@fox88
Its is bit ironic your talking about memory here when you forgot who I was. Don't feel bad it's not your fault as human memory degrades over time and subject to alternative depths which changes based on time and experince. It is also funny you thought my departure from the forum was some how related to restrictions imposed by you boy tropon, sorry to burst your bubble I was busy fighting Media Corp who shut my network down. I found it funny you don't think low level networking from building the switchs to deploying package frame for it is "boasting about *nix stuff". As I can assure you that is not the case but it is to show where you stand in general in network deployment. You choose to copy and paste same BS over and over and hoping it will work. That is not how we do things as there is method to doing it fully the right way.

Let me give you prespective so you can grasp in networking where I stand. When your car breaks down and you take it to the mechanic and the guy is using some kind of diognastic tool where I can build the engine and all the parts. Yes your correct most cases users don't care to know how a clock works to know what time it is but it is our job those who knows to educate others so they can teach others themselve. Point of that is we can't always be there to help but once the knoweladge is passed down they can help others if not refer back to the person they know who will able to fix it.

This post has been edited by dh4m13l: 03 March 2016 - 10:26 AM

#15 User is offline   xSTHNSx 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:06 PM

Now it make sense why it worked before and didn't work after. I will explain it in a minute but as I do ill try to break it down with much possible information as I can since your welling to learn.

Your ISP is most likely Telco/CLEC provider as your connected to WAN via ADSL over copper wire. That doesn't mean you need to have any other services with them just to get standalone ADSL tier even when they want you to bundle. But you can get just the internet service though what they call naked DSL tier, since voice stream and data stream are both septate as standard socket supports 24channles in total which is usually combined. Your modem is connected to the jack via rj11 wire. Which goes to the DSLAM cabinet outside and data is forwarded using ISP's own VCI/VPI to the ATM. Now your upstream and downstream for the tier is allocated via sync profile. Where valid user auth is done though RAIDUS profile and if your ISP impose any restrictions on you then its allocated here. Now I highly doubt your interested in basic tier2 explanation of how DSL network works. As I could have taken it step few steps furthur and broken it down in low level ground networking to data path of LENS from line engineer's prospective but that will be few pages and this is not the right forum for that as we do that in DSLReport/Broadband, so lets move on lol.

Now lets get back to the topic. So yes since your modem is acting as router along with built in wifi access point as your connected via wireless to it from computer to the modem. Now the problem is when you get disconnected or wifi signal drops your LAN-IP is renewed as your issued another one. To fix this you need to setup standard full cone static NAT/PAT table correctly.

To do this you need to login to your modems web interface, as you have posted in first post which is accessed via 192.168.1.1 for modem settings so go there. Now keep in mind as you need to do two things. First is you need to setup STATIC LAN for the computer so your internal IP doesn't change and then the second part which is port forwarding afterwards so incoming and outgoing packets reach the correct machine. So go to advance and static routing setting and then assign the computer with fixed LAN IP in this case you can pick 192.168.1.X (where X is put any number you want) just make sure you enforce it with device's MAC address so it can be verified. You can get the wifi NIC's mac address in attach device as it will show you all device currently connected to the modem. So just paste it and bind it to the assigned LAN IP you selected in static routing setting. Now the second part is your port mapping so its properly forwarded to do this go to NAT settings. Then select the type of protocol (tcp or udp) and port (look below). Now if your router supports it you will see incoming or outgoing so select both if not don't worry about it. Same goes for external and internal port if you see it then keep the ports same if not don't worry about it. Just make sure now you bind it to the correct device IP where those packets will be forwarded in this case the LAN-IP of the computer which is running the ~Mule client.

NOTE: Make sure you save settings and then renew and release your LAN-IP if you picked another custom IP which is not same as your current. In Windows you can view all informations via ipconfig where we use ifconig. If you have any problems or questions or your stuck somewhere as you don't see the options then let me know. Most of the modem/routers use basically works same and mostly just framework interface is different.
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Wilsondrake 

• Pip

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:09 PM

Well everything may go in vain since net neutrality is not in place now what could possibly happen ?

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users