Official eMule-Board: How To Continue Kad Developing? Gaidance Needed! - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

How To Continue Kad Developing? Gaidance Needed! Please help me to contribute in the right direction

#1 User is offline   Enig123 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:49 AM

After stabilizing the download bandwidth throttling codes, I have take a look at some publications about kad.

Any guidance from official developers and modders on this subject? I would like your help, and make it right in the first place, so the development of kad can be 'oversaw' by ole board members.

There's some basic questions from myside:

1). What the basic rules in terms of developing are for a healthy, rational and safe kad network?

2). Current kad version already can mitigate some of the attacks discovered by academic researchers, what's in your mind for the next step to further mitigate other types of attack or weaken the known attacks even further? Where should we start?

In my mind, there are ways offered by some of the researchers to considering countermeasure of non-evenly distributed Kad ID spaces due to attacks against specific target, which can, on the other hand, be used to detect if an attack is going on around some specific IDs, and thus taking countermeasures, e.g., to trigger a mechanism that can avoid most of the attacks.

3). Any kad improvements that can be achieved, both in functions and in efficiency, such as minimizing search delays maybe?

4). How can we be part of further kad development, and how do we work together, as a team?

Thank you all.

Enig123

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users