Official eMule-Board: Emule Future Development - Official eMule-Board

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Emule Future Development

Poll: Emule Future Development (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Some Support pass the torch?

1. Yes, he should allow others. (39 votes [88.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 88.64%

2. No, let it fade into obscurity. (5 votes [11.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 User is offline   xSTHNSx 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:58 PM

@eremini

Read below very carefully as I don't think its worth for me to retype it as you lack common sense. Ironically Tuxman and RejZoR were present in that thread.

View PostxSTHNSx, on 15 January 2016 - 04:07 AM, said:

lol and you verified this based on his registration date and post count? That does not verify if he is newbie or expert. Fact is eMule does suck and is leading cause of the most slowdown on ED2K network. I myself personally never ran eMule or any of its mod and I don't wish it. ~Mule need to expend its horizon for ED2K/KAD network and try to bring more users to share in it as its the last actual P2P alive. You eMule kiddies who been in this forum for decade being here does not make you expert in anything as I find most of you highly uneducated and confused in all aspect of computer programming, networking and hardware. You need to take in consideration and try to appeal to new audience.

However I did send you PM which consist of eMule forum search since you can't operate it correctly. I don't know why you crying about aMule forum since I provide help there as well as I do here. However I don't cry about Torrent as you have done since you lack technical aspect of it qualified to full assertion regarding it.

"Since then I ran and still run one of the few ed2k servers left. Host almost all of the ed2k websites still left, and share shit 24/7 on a gbit box. That's enough (current and active, not "some time in the past") contributions for you?"

I'm bit confused what your trying to say there. So you saying you operate some free wordpress like blog that lists current ED2K indexing related sites along with hosting ED2K server.met for public mirror of gruk.org/list? I'm glad you share content here on ED2K/KAD so do we all hence why we are here?
Posted Image

#62 User is offline   guknos 

• PipPip

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:01 PM

@SomeSupport
why you don't finally release this 0.50b with an UPDATED and WORKING UpNP library ?
at least this...
I don't know you but with 0.50a almost all my friend's PC (except someone who are capable to open router ports) have low id (with UpNP compatible router).
The 0.50b BETA has improved this aspect.

If you don't want (for now) revamp eMule completely please consider this.

#63 User is offline   Tuxman 

• lizzie and prog-rock fanatic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Validating

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:34 PM

UPnP is working for me. If it fails for you, you might want to contact the UPnP library author(s) with details about your router model.
[ eMule beba ] :: v2.72 released, v3.00 in the works ...
- feel the lightweight! - featuring Snarl support, the Client Analyzer and tits!
Coded by a Golden eMule Award winner and most people's favorite modder!
Music, not muzak:
Progressive Rock :: my last.fm profile
eMule user since 0.28 ...
-[ ... and thanks for all the fish! ]-

#64 User is offline   eremini 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:43 PM

Gosh you're so full of yourself, you must look in the mirror once an hour. Hollywood stars don't think so much about themselves and they at least have something behind their belt.

Once again you started with the random baseless insults, while insults were the only reason I spoke up in the first place.

And no, I run the biggest ed2k site alive (starts with TV, but I doubt that will get you anywere, since you're completely clueless about the ed2k scene). The ed2k server I run has a similar name. Just because all you know about websites, my stuff is entirely custom coded. I have deleted your pm, since I see no point in looking at random ancient posts.

Ops will delete this I am sure, but there's no nice way to put it. You, sir, are a retard.

This post has been edited by eremini: 10 February 2016 - 07:44 PM

#65 User is offline   xSTHNSx 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:56 PM

@eremini

Temper, temper little one.

I was bit curious regarding what you have said so I tracked you down to mutual forum we were both in. As I found out you were affiliated with TVUnderground as you were busy crying here. Now I don't care if you deleted it or not as we both know you looked at it, as I made my point very clear I must have time machine going back decade ago to make posts? Never really used TVUnderground's ED2K eServer nor its indexing forum but what lang do you program in?

EDIT: That's my current live cat of statistics.dat for STHNSv4 via nfs pull. Since i'm a retard lol as you claim I would like to optimize your servers and network overhaul since i'm actually NS2-UNIX admin.

STHNSv4x0
Uptime: 5:14 hours
Uploaded Data: 9.402 GB
 eMule: 9.274 GB
 aMule: 137.69 MB
 lphant: 8.17 MB
Active Uploads: 6
Upload rate: 1.01 MB/s
Average time: 5:23 mins
Successful sessions: 458
Failed sessions: 6

STHNSv4x1
Uptime: 5:13 hours
Uploaded Data: 13.470 GB
 eMule: 13.120 GB
 aMule: 371.95 MB
Active Uploads: 13
Upload rate: 1.46 MB/s
Average time: 11:53 mins
Successful sessions: 571
Failed sessions: 10

STHNSv4x2
Uploaded Data: 9.146 GB
 eMule: 8.877 GB
 aMule: 384.09 MB
 lphant: 3.51 MB
Active Uploads: 13
Waiting Uploads: 8
Upload rate: 1.13 MB/s
Average time: 5:07 mins
Successful sessions: 1607
Failed sessions: 110

STHNSv4x3
Uptime: 5:18 hours
Uploaded Data: 13.541 GB
 eMule: 13.185 GB
 aMule: 378.14 MB
Active Uploads: 11
Upload rate: 1.34 MB/s
Average time: 11:50 mins
Successful sessions: 575
Failed sessions: 10

STHNSv4x4
Uptime: 5:06 hours
Uploaded Data: 17.756 GB
 eMule: 17.557 GB
 aMule: 389.30 MB
 lphant: 9.21 MB
Active Uploads: 32
Waiting Uploads: 26
Upload rate: 1.76 MB/s
Average time: 3:27 mins
Successful sessions: 2894
Failed sessions: 220

STHNSv4x5
Uploaded Data: 13.405 GB
 eMule: 13.383 GB
Active Uploads: 8
Upload rate: 1.28 MB/s
Average time: 14:19 mins
Successful sessions: 303
Failed sessions: 2

This post has been edited by xSTHNSx: 10 February 2016 - 08:30 PM

Posted Image

#66 User is offline   eremini 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:27 PM

PHP

Edit: you bit first, calling me senseless and the "hilarious" wordpress stuff. So consider us even.

This post has been edited by eremini: 10 February 2016 - 08:41 PM

#67 User is offline   Mobandi 

• PipPip

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:07 PM

Please stop it, both of you.
Nobody cares about your e-penis, if you have something to tell each other do it in private. We don't care.

#68 User is offline   xSTHNSx 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:10 PM

lol I honestly didn't know you were the operator for TvU. So when you posted that I was bit confused as I thought you were referring to some blog. As it didn't make sense so I tracked you down to Slyck forum regarding the interview where you posted advising other TuV-Staffs not to discuss internal TuV matters since Luna posted there.

I have coded CyanFUSION (AOSP2.3.7GB) in Java/XML/Smali, HyperNode (ChatBOT 4.x) in C#/Java for LINUX ported it for UNIX for faster and stable version with ~elf support, while it's Non-TANU AI Agent (HKM.Rst) in AIML using Xstr expression since didn't want to use PERL, for iRN-FServ (XDCC-ChanSERV) in PERL/TCL, eDonkey-BlackNET in C++. Sorry we don't recognize PHP to be real programming language as it was more of scripting :P

But yes keep up the TuV community, I just went there it seem locked and user based. In USA we can't operate like that trust me I know they shut me down before and put one of my friends in federal prison just for these.
Posted Image

#69 User is offline   Tuxman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:15 PM

View PostxSTHNSx, on 10 Februar 2016 - 10:10 , said:

AIML using Xstr expression (...) PERL/TCL

View PostxSTHNSx, on 10 Februar 2016 - 10:10 , said:

we don't recognize PHP to be real programming language as it was more of scripting :P

:angelnot:
- feel the lightweight! - featuring Snarl support, the Client Analyzer and tits!
Music, not muzak:

#70 User is offline   xSTHNSx 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:25 PM

@Tuxman
So you coded AI before using other lang huh? let it be TANU/Non-TANU based. You don't do it in C or JAVA, so can you say AIML? Once again most IRN-FSERV is done via PERL/TCL. I don't think you understand what i'm talking about as most of our world runs over CLI and there isn't a nice pretty little button for GUI you click on. When someone ask you what lang you code in you don't tell them HTML now do you Tux?

EDIT: eremini I sent you PM, let me know when you guys are ready.

This post has been edited by xSTHNSx: 10 February 2016 - 09:44 PM

Posted Image

#71 User is offline   guknos 

• PipPip

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:41 AM

View PostTuxman, on 10 February 2016 - 07:34 PM, said:

UPnP is working for me. If it fails for you, you might want to contact the UPnP library author(s) with details about your router model.

works with the last from http://miniupnp.free.fr/

don't work with 0.50a eMule "old" version.

so, contact the miniupnp developer is useless... :(

#72 User is offline   Enig123 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:22 PM

View Postguknos, on 11 February 2016 - 03:41 AM, said:

Which exact version is that is working for your router? The 0.50b Beta already compiled with the latest release of MiniUPnP, whose version is 1.9, released on 31/01/2014.

#73 User is offline   guknos 

• PipPip

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:44 AM

View PostEnig123, on 11 February 2016 - 06:22 PM, said:

View Postguknos, on 11 February 2016 - 03:41 AM, said:

Which exact version is that is working for your router? The 0.50b Beta already compiled with the latest release of MiniUPnP, whose version is 1.9, released on 31/01/2014.

yes, this.
So, I think, an official 0.50b will resolve a lot of UPnP issue of current 0.50a user.
A normal user don't update to a beta version (and don't know about it) ;)

#74 User is offline   RejZoR 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2016 - 05:01 PM

Can't UPnP component be done modular so you can update it independently of the main app? This would greatly improve the ability to keep it up to date without the need to update the whole app.
"Something that looks pretty much like a banana but tastes like a peace of pork, though it is a product from a bird!"
Stulle @ Dec 7 2005, 06:16 PM

#75 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• Man, what a bunch of jokers...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2016 - 05:11 PM

That idea is nice but the UPnP lib functions' parameters changed several times in the past which breaks compatibility. Ofc you could create a "compatible" lib with additional functions but that requires additional work.

#76 User is offline   pier4r 

• Ex falso quodlibet ; Kad is the major concept behind emule.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:26 PM

Some nice posts here (and a lot of missing content since last time!) plus a bit of digression, well it happens. Regarding the idea of wizard that windows is still the OS, i would consider also other OSes and devices since emule is very lean in terms of CPU requirements (it worked on my pentium 2 266mhz without too much hassle with thousands of file shared), while it is not in terms of ram, according to the amount of shared files. Therefore the platforms available today with enough resources are not only windows based. Apart from android and ios monsterphones (compared to emule requirements), already a raspberry first generation would be enough to run a client with low power usage and one or two external hard drives connected.

I understand that is a lot of work to port the code in a different language, but i often thought that if emule would stay windows only it could use C# to be modified by more people (easier to handle compared to c++, and the efficiency of c++ is not needed. On the other side emule will not run anymore on win2k / wine), while a cross platform software (it should be not only amule) could use something similar to be portable. It sounds crazy but even php (that could be used in cli mode) could be used to allow more development, having a deamon with api that could be queried by the GUI module (that could be an application or a web interface, etc...). Php is very 'cpu inefficient' compared to c++ but for emule processes and the actual availability of powerful hardware, it should not matter.

The same goes for the network. It should be, somehow, decided that the new clients (and therefore the new network) will require certain performances. Like, i made up, "kad will allow up to 15K shared files therefore the overhead will go up a bit". It will hurt a bit all those having 32Kbyte/s or less of upload but it is a price to keep it functional for those that have good bandwidth (that now starts to be more common than in 2008). Because if those that have the bandwidth choose another p2p protocol, those that have little bandwidth will get even less.

The kad parameters (that should work the same for all) could be tuned using resources that once were not here, like the statistics by speedtest and so on. If the average upload bandwidth in the western world raise to 1-2 Mbits, then also kad can generate a bit more overhead to keep more file published. Aside from the problem of releasing up to date nodes.dat files to let people be connected quickly (and i thank some websites that still provide good services about those files).

PS: i apologize if the message seems confused, i did not proof readed it carefully, in the case ask.
>>>Feature Request (ICS) or SOTN, EmuleCollectionV2 >>> Emule on old hardware (intel pentium 2 or 3 - via c3 - and so on) with good OS settings and enough ram (256+ mb): great >>>user of: eMule - Xtreme - ZZUL bastard - SharX - SharkX 1.8b5 pierQR - ZZUL-Tra - ZZUL-Tra-TL - kMule - Beba

Extended signature: click.

#77 User is offline   Tuxman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:27 PM

No, C# is not "easier to handle" nor "known by more people".
Technically, it even sucks more.
Music, not muzak:

#78 User is offline   xSTHNSx 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:00 PM

At this point porting whole mainline to C# would actually take more effort than its worth with virtually no benefit to end user. Currently that effort would be better spent elsewhere. eMule is not competing against aMule as for Windows platform eMule is used while for *nix we use aMule as it also can be deployed under Windows. I still don't understand who is foolish enough to deploy eMule with WinE.

KAD should actually be revised. I agree with pier4r in part where KAD settings should be dynamic and those who has higher bandwidth tier they should be allowed to use more. It wouldn't make sense treating two clients one with 5MB/s being imposed same restrictions as other client with 5kB upstream. Those who can handle higher upstream should be allowed to do so. This can be done via dynamic setting based on upstream.

I doubt ANYTHING will be done. Since fanboy childish mentally here "if its not broken, then why fix it" as thats just being in denial. I still think David should take over IPv6/NAT-T part where Wizard can make KAD2 and both combine can release new eMule under unified control for testing.
Posted Image

#79 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• Man, what a bunch of jokers...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:01 PM

About KAD... don't forget that even if YOUR bandwidth is higher and you can adjust your settings all you want it won't help the network at all without the OTHER users knowing your settings which is not possible right now without a lot of rewriting. You can index 10.000 files? Great! But how do I get to know that?
Oh and even IF you manage to do all that, you would probably end up destroying the whole idea and purpose behind KAD because you would rely on a few supernodes (similar to servers in a way) again which would allow for new attack patterns.

About the C# idea... well, the only advantage I see is pseudo platform independence - nothing otherwise... but that may just be because I don't like that #-crap at all <_<
Some core in c++ and a php/html/whatever interface would be nice but there are many much more important things to do, first.

#80 User is offline   xSTHNSx 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:47 PM

@ Wizard
That's exactly what I was talking about, the establishment of super/hyper node type idea. First thing is we need to ABOLISH the foolish idea that everything is created equal. As it was never true since all clients hosted on hardware are not created equal along with the network which supports them. Those of us who has the hardware infrastructure and bandwidth should be allowed to use it in supplementary acting capacity for betterment of the rest of the network.

I don't think anything in mainline will change, since that is what is needed even in small factor. Like facilitate higher publishing rate thus files propagate faster and is available for visibility with decreased interval in between with double duration of retention. You on the other hand can test it since you have KAD based MOD. Now if you look at Skype even they have used SuperNode in the past for VOIP, the model is there i'm not even talking about P2P. Far as the BS about attack goes that is always possible in every aspect of networking, trust me I know :) its my hobby to find vulnerabilities and exploit them. Which is how I acquire paid porn websites as I hit the vendors and then cURL their full content before I publish them on ED2K for free.

You have ideas but your just single person. Which is the problem this is why you need to be part of a TEAM. What you guys can do together you can't do alone. Mod's does not go anywhere and makes virtually no impact in the bigger picture. Now if few of you join on single unified project you will actually see results. What gets me some of the functions are already implemented in mods half decade ago but has YET to make it into mainline.
Posted Image

• Member Options

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users