Official eMule-Board: Under Wine - Doesn't Display Hebrew In File-Names. - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Under Wine - Doesn't Display Hebrew In File-Names.

#1 User is offline   MrAccident 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:34 PM

OS - Puppy Linux.
Instead of Hebrew I see rectangles.
Can I change the fonts Emule uses to display file-names?
The only place I see Hebrew in the file's name is after left-click on a downloading file - "Details"; then in "Name:" - I see the actual name.

#2 User is offline   xSTHNSx 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:12 PM

Just use aMule, if you need help let me know. There is no need to deploy eMule under WINE and waste more resource when you can just deploy aMule-Daemon with COM/WEB support but if you like you can use GUI.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   MrAccident 

• PipPip

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:00 AM

Hi, thanks. I have Amule. I don't know if the problem is in the program or in the GUI or what, but it's much more rudimentary than Emule.
Some examples:
I wasn't able to use regular expressions; like: OR, quotes\parentheses. Either they don't do anything or there's an error (Always in KAD search).
I couldn't search for complete sources; as in - at least one complete source.
And finally - after a power-break\sudden shut-off - all downloads were gone from the program. In Emule on the other hand - Emule found what I had in the old downloads from Windows - simply because I refereed the "Download" and "Temp" folders to the old ones. It even restored what was downloading in the program; it just appeared there! I'm talking years ago; and of course the folders are on a different drive and it's a fresh installation from the site.

This post has been edited by MrAccident: 08 January 2016 - 12:03 AM

#4 User is offline   xSTHNSx 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:11 AM

I have been using aMule for over decade and half on *nix.

Now aMule can fetch boolean based search as supported by ED2k Lug17.15 eServer. Just keep in mind that the operators are case sensitive while the search strings are case insensitive, also be aware of special chars.

---
OR
Exp: eMule OR aMule (eMule = query1| OR = operator |aMule = query2)
This will yield result if q1 or q2 or both is found.

AND
Exp: aMule & 2.3.1 (aMule = query1| AND = operator |2.3.1 = query2)
If q1 and q2 are both matched then will yield result.

NOT
Exp: aMule AND NOT exe (aMule = query1| AND = operator1 | NOT = operator2 |2.3.1 = query2)
Will yield q1 with q2 excluded.

Now far as special char goes.

"" = double quotes
Exp: "aMule 2.3.1"
Will yield exact match if search string is found.

() = opening/closing brackets
Exp: aMule AND (Win OR Mac)
If aMule is found then will look for sub-queries Win or Mac if any is matched will yield results.
---

Now I don't understand what you mean the downloads are gone. As aMule keeps chunk/part inside /.aMule/Temp once the file is fully downloaded its moved to /.aMule/Incoming but you can look inside /.aMule/amule.conf as it will give you the absolute path where its located. If you lose power it won't matter as when you start downloading the part file is allocated and written to disk by default.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   MrAccident 

• PipPip

Posted 08 January 2016 - 03:04 PM

OK, it works perfectly now. Thanks a lot!
I'm not sure what I did earlier wrong; probably used operators like "-" instead of "NOT" etc.
So now I produced the following search that found a needle in the global hay-stack - "Madonna Dy Gp3 NOT Mp3 NOT Avi NOT Rar NOT Jpg". Which found some two songs in both programs.
BTW - it's also possible to search for two letters - even if they are part of a word; as in - within a word. This is what I've done here with "Dy".

And I've found the problem caused by the power-break; the folders simply were reverted to default; so that works now as well.

The only thing seems to be left - is at least one full source; which you can find by putting "1" in Emule in "Complete Sources". Is there an equivalent? Sometimes it's important.

This post has been edited by MrAccident: 08 January 2016 - 03:07 PM

#6 User is offline   xSTHNSx 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:32 PM

Well I never used eMule so I honestly don't know what your talking about regarding putting 1. But I do know via ED2K link you can directly add single/multi sources along with http source if you can find it.

https://ed2k.shortypower.org/

^ try this as its one of few valid ed2k sites still alive along with peerates.

http://edk.peerates.net/check.php?
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   MrAccident 

• PipPip

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:55 AM

I don't understand what those sites are used for.
I'll make a new question about the "Complete Sources" in the forum.
Just to explain the "Complete Sources". Special search parameters are to the right of the search field. This one makes sure that there are at least n sources with the whole file\100% of it; not only part\s of the file. Otherwise you can too easily - get files that won't download ever. This way - only if those sources will stop seeding - you may not download the file.
So it's a very basic\useful thing.

This post has been edited by MrAccident: 11 January 2016 - 11:56 AM

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users