Official eMule-Board: Slow Connections Hogging The Downloads - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Slow Connections Hogging The Downloads Often a single slow connection extends downloads unnecessarily

#1 User is offline   sarumbear 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 October 2015 - 01:18 PM

This is not in the strickest term a bug report but I cannot find any other way to post this. However, what I will ty to explain is certainly as annoying as a bug would.

Often there are very slow (<1KBps) connections on a download along with decent speed ones, which are orders of magnitude faster. When the faster connections finished downloading their slots and when the download is at the 99.9% level those very slow downloads hog the process by continuing to download their slot very, very slowly. eMule thinks the download is almost finished and doesn’t start a new slot. This means we are seeing 0 seconds remaining when in reality there are minutes remaining with a 10 B/s connection downloading the last remaining slot.

I think the clever thing is to look at the speed of the last slot download and if very slow (can be an option) start a new connection.

Thank you for listening.

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users