#261 User is offline   guknos 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:11 AM

View Postfox88, on 15 March 2017 - 07:31 AM, said:

View Postguknos, on 14 March 2017 - 10:45 PM, said:

Crash Dump

Thanks.
It would be useful to know what exactly you were doing when crash happened.
Maybe several last log records, if log(s) are saved to disk.

Hello fox:
1. start eMule
2. server list download
3. eMule hang some second before the connection
4. close eMule from application bar (right click, close) during the "hang" on point 3
5. crashdump.

maybe an isolated case related for my slow emule pc? (an atom machine).

I'll check if I found some log for you.

EDIT: Another crash dump and logs (all checked, level 5)

This post has been edited by guknos: 15 March 2017 - 10:13 AM

#262 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:39 AM

View Postguknos, on 15 March 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

case related for my slow emule pc? (an atom machine).

Maybe related; as I could not reproduce the crash.
But the dump and the logs made the case quite clear and it needs a fix.
eMule tries to execute closing code repeatedly.
It has been fixed for tray menu earlier, but not for taskbar buttons.

#263 User is offline   guknos 

• PipPip

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:27 AM

thank you, fox :)

#264 User is offline   Mymlok 

• Pip

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:28 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#265 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:39 PM

Updated unofficial build build can be downloaded.

Mymlok,
currently there are no language dlls for unofficial builds.

#266 User is offline   falcogiallo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:42 PM

View Postfox88, on 18 March 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

Updated unofficial build build can be downloaded.

Thank you very much fox88 :thumbup:

#267 User is offline   ivaskaj 

• PipPip

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:29 AM

There really really REALLY..... R E A L L Y..... needs to be a way to filter OUT specific terms from showing up in search results... like "pthc" and "ptsc" and such... I'm SICK of getting 2,000 results and 95% of it being CP!!!!!!! This is a serious matter... forget about EVERY SINGLE OTHER CHANGE AND IMPROVEMENT!!!! We NEED a search term filter!!!! And the program needs to be more suited to modern day multi core processing and RAM measured in GB instead of MB... the program simply does not respond when you have more than 2-300 downloads... that was never an issue on WinXP and below (I had 2,000+ at once and the program kept up just fine), but as of Vista, 7, 8, and 10, it's been a consistent problem. The program just stops responding at times. CPU usage does not spike, memory usage does not spike... it just stops responding. We need a 64 bit version that can take full advantage of modern computing! But first and foremost, let us have a user-defined list of blacklist keywords that we DO NOT want to ever see in our search results again!

#268 User is offline   asturcon3 

• Miembro con bola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:24 AM

It's not Windows version... here I have a old windows XP server just because it works ok, and emule also stops responding sometimes, usually when a download ends. Something related to post-download check, I guess. Two minutes later, emule comes back with all downloads idling.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#269 User is offline   falcogiallo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:39 AM

@fox88

emule_0.50b_20170318.zip
Working for 72 hours.
No crashes
No freezes.
Hashed over 1200 files.
Slot seems to work fine.
No relevant issue at the moment.
Testing in progress ...

:+1:

My PC: Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit SP 1, AMD Athlon II P320 Dual Core Processor, 3 GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series
Fibra: VDSL 100/20

This post has been edited by falcogiallo: 18 April 2017 - 01:36 PM

#270 User is offline   fragbark 

• PipPip

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:29 PM

I remember that when I last upgraded emule, it took me a very long time to configure eMule. I had to figure out again where to get reliable server lists, how to configure my firewall, how to configure my router, how to get a high ID. I lost all the files that were partly downloaded.

I don't know how to do any of that any more. I can't even find the tool to test my connection anymore.

So, how much will I have to reconfigure if I install v0.50b over v0.50a? Do I need to uninstall v0.50a first? Will I lose all the files I'm in the middle of downloading?

#271 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:20 PM

Official eMule-Board, General, Support, Do You Need Help?, Quick help & guides, How To Install Or Update Your Emule! - Remember to backup... (click).

Very simple procedure:
- download emule binaries package (there isn't an installer package, if you download a fox88's build).
- extract emule.exe only.
- (if it's opened) close/terminate emule.
- substitute the old emule with the new one. I.e., overwrite the old one with the new one. Or move the old emule.exe to another folder, then put the new one in the emule folder: "remember to backup"!
- open emule and you'll see you mustn't configure anything because everything is like you left it.
INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non č serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dā subito l'allegrIa! Immagine Postata

#272 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:11 PM

New unofficial build. If nothing gets broken, the next build could be released with language dlls.

This post has been edited by fox88: 08 May 2017 - 12:11 PM

#273 User is offline   falcogiallo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:55 PM

View Postfox88, on 08 May 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

New unofficial build. If nothing gets broken, the next build could be released with language dlls.

Thank you Fox :thumbup: :punk: :clap:

#274 User is offline   enjoy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:26 PM

Gracias a Todo el equipo de eMule por this nueva versiķn Y felicidades/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by enjoy: 10 May 2017 - 09:29 PM

#275 User is offline   CRC 

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:43 PM

Thank you fox88 for your effort, I think everyone agree on the need of a more modern and powerfull version of eMule, we just hope you get help from other coders too to bring us a great&secure eMule for the future! :)

#276 User is offline   MMouse 

• Pip

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:47 AM

View Postfox88, on 08 May 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

I have your latest build. It has a minor but inconvenient issue with the following API
BOOL Shell_NotifyIcon(
  _In_ DWORD           dwMessage,
  _In_ PNOTIFYICONDATA lpdata
);

My system is Windows 10 with Intel HD4000 and NVidia650M which means it has 2 graphics cards.
* When on HD4000 latest or standard Windows Video driver for this build in Intel Video Card, after a screen resolution change Emule can no longer communicate with Explorer.exe but Explorer.exe Systray can SendMessage(...) to Emule which means Emule can no longer minimize.
* This also happens after playing a game for example Resident Evil or Doom 2016 but even simple software which only changes screen resolution, Emule can no longer communicate and believes it has no longer a Systray Icon. But Since the Systray is a 'hidden' secret Window you can find with EnumWindow(...) or FindWindow(...) the Systray and Explorer can forward Window Message, like SendMessage(...) with SW_SHOW to Emule, but again Emule cannot communicate back to Explorer.exe

This happened and happens on all Windows 10 builds, and Emule is not the only affected program. But very few programs have this error, only 1 other program I have.

What I would like. I want when Explorer.exe is killed and restarted that Emule.exe receives the message that Explorer.exe created a new Window from the Systray class. Like Microsoft API for the Systray is documented an application must recreate the Systray Icon.

The other application that behaves the same as Emule in the Systray behaves to this rule, I can kill explorer.exe restart explorer.exe and that program receives that the Systray Window class is recreated and recreates its program Icon.

Current workaround is happily maximizing Emule or at least showing Emule, that way it removes the Systray Icon of Emule in the Tray notify area. Then I play Doom 2016 or Resident Evil or whatever game that changed the resolution or any other software like an emulator that uses not only NVidia but simply only changed the resolution of the screen.

Then I kill explorer.exe from TaskManager taskmgr.exe and restart explorer.exe

Emule should implement that only function if it's possible to recreate the systray icon as required by Microsoft its Systray API.

Because if Emule is in the Systray, and Explorer.exe gets killed, you cannot bring back Emule on the screen.

I consider this a design error in Windows 10, since I for only Emule and another single program have to kill explorer.exe after a simple screen resolution change.

Steps to repeat:

1 Run EMULE.EXE and minimize it to the Systray as a Systray Icon only
2 Kill Explorer.exe from task manager
3 Restart Explorer.exe from task manager
4 Emule can no longer be seen in systray or be brought back visible
5 Current solution unfortunately in that state is to kill emule.exe
6 Text and Items were magnified at 150% since it's a high DPI screen

I am not sure if NVidia Optimus is to blame, but since no other software except 1 has this problem it must be a tiny miscommunication between Emule and Explorer.exe

I can off course never change the screen resolution but then I cannot play games since the higher the screen resolution the game runs to slow.

EDIT: Important, as long as DPI is set at 100% I do not have systray icons malfunctioning. However with DPI at 150% or any other value Emule and another program Systray Icons malfunction after screen resolution change. With 4k monitors coming there is definately something wrong in Explorer.exe itself with some software at least. It is not the software. But still Emule.Exe should recreate the systray icon after killing Explorer.exe and restarting Explorer.exe since that is how Microsoft designed the Systray API. When the Systray area is recreated from a explorer.exe restart a system wide Window Message is broadcasted to every window including Emule, Emule should catch that message and behave accordingly. It's not Emule its fault but explorer strange things happen at high DPI screens, but those screens are becoming mainstream. Note, explorer.exe is both the taskbar, the systray and the Explorer Browser as well.

EDIT: The internet is full with people talking about their software too having problems with High DPI monitors on some software including Microsoft their products. Well the objective of my request was that if Explorer.exe is terminated/killed or crashed, and Explorer.exe is run again that Emule.exe will recreate its Systray Icon as Microsoft intended for these kind of troubles.

My workaround is to no longer use 150% DPI but exactly 149% DPI, no longer have to kill Explorer.exe (which is the taskbar and its systray as said before) after I played games or changed resolution. I think if you have 200% DPI and you would set it to 199% DPI it would work too. One minor inconvenience is I now have a very tiny mouse cursor but I prefer that over having to kill explorer.exe which affects emule.exe and other software. Another side effect is all monitors if you have multiple will have the same DPI. No more blurry Emule Icons, no more blurry Universal media server Icon, just by changing High DPI to 149% instead of 150%. This is definately a Microsoft problem. However my requests stands that if explorer restarts Emule will recreate its taskbar icon. Since that is how the systray API is designed.

This post has been edited by MMouse: 21 May 2017 - 01:53 PM

#277 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:32 PM

View PostMMouse, on 21 May 2017 - 02:47 PM, said:

6 Text and Items were magnified at 150% since it's a high DPI screen

Thanks for the information.
Did you see a warning message in red when scale is changed in Settings? It says, log out might be necessary.

Experiments with the latest Insider build in Virtualbox showed that change of screen resolution breaks nothing here; and the same for Explorer restart. Only change of scale was causing problems.

When eMule would not minimize to notification area, restart of Explorer fixed the minimize function; and that could be used as a workaround.
Also command line eMule restore shows program's window if it was iconized.

This post has been edited by fox88: 22 May 2017 - 09:19 PM

#278 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:59 AM

Like Microsoft API for the Systray is documented an application must recreate the Systray Icon.

Could you please give a link to that article?

#279 User is offline   Xeus32 

• PipPip

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:31 PM

Fox88, I have some work for you!
I have made a patch to add the support to Windows Shell Metadata Properties for Media Files.
This is standard from Windows Vista (2007) over 10 years ago.

What do you mean?

#280 User is offline   MMouse 

• Pip

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:53 PM

View Postfox88, on 22 May 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

Like Microsoft API for the Systray is documented an application must recreate the Systray Icon.

Could you please give a link to that article?

You need to listen for a window message that is broadcast to all top-level windows when the taskbar is created. This is documented like so:

With Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 and later, the Shell notifies applications that the taskbar has been created. When the taskbar is created, it registers a message with the TaskbarCreated string and then broadcasts this message to all top-level windows. When your taskbar application receives this message, it should assume that any taskbar icons it added have been removed and add them again. This feature generally applies only to services that are already running when the Shell launches. The following example shows a very simplified method for handling this case.
LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc(HWND hWnd, 
                         UINT uMessage, 
                         WPARAM wParam, 
                         LPARAM lParam)
{
    static UINT s_uTaskbarRestart;

switch(uMessage)
    {
        case WM_CREATE:
            s_uTaskbarRestart = RegisterWindowMessage(TEXT("TaskbarCreated"));
            break;

default:
            if(uMessage == s_uTaskbarRestart)
                AddTaskbarIcons();
            break;
    }

return DefWindowProc(hWnd, uMessage, wParam, lParam);
}

https://msdn.microso...p/cc144179.aspx

It is a long time since I developed code in C++ for Windows, but I remember in the past many far to many applications never implemented a crashing explorer.exe scenario. And Emule.exe does unfortunately assume Explorer.exe never crashes too.

If you want a quick workaround, when executing Emule.exe from a shortcut or from the taskbar and an instance of Emule is already running, just SendMessage(....) to emule with the SW_SHOW argument. By which I mean, why is emule.exe not showing up again after I press the executable when explorer crashed with Emule.exe hidden in the Systray never to return?

Sorry, didn't code for many years, I only assure you many software products assume Explorer.exe never crashes. And so does Emule.exe unfortunately.

So the Message you Emule.exe must respond to is defined when creating the taskbar icon at first hand.
s_uTaskbarRestart = RegisterWindowMessage(TEXT("TaskbarCreated"));

It is not a defined fixed value, but the single line code shows you which Window Message Emule.exe must respond too by dynamically creating a 'fixed' value by API.

Now when I read back this text, I decided Windows needs you to determine what the Window Message to Emule.exe main its WindowProc is. It is simply this:
RegisterWindowMessage(TEXT("TaskbarCreated"));

If you recreate after receiving that Window Message in WindowProc for your mainwindow or invisible window and recreate the taskbar systray icon it will work.

This post has been edited by MMouse: 22 May 2017 - 04:00 PM

• Member Options

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users