Official eMule-Board: Debugging Private Internet Access Vpn With Emule... - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Debugging Private Internet Access Vpn With Emule...

Poll: Virtual Private Networks and eMule (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you successfully using eMule with a VPN?

1. eMule passes the TCP port test through my VPN (2 votes [13.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

2. eMule passes the UDP port test through my VPN (1 votes [6.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

3. I am able to get high-id on Ed2k through my VPN (2 votes [13.33%] - View)

4. I successfully use Kad through my VPN (2 votes [13.33%] - View)

5. I use a VPN, but cannot successfully use eMule while connected (7 votes [46.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

6. I do not use a VPN (1 votes [6.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   LambdaFox 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

I am working with tech support at Private Internet Access trying to debug low-id problems with eMule when I use OpenVPN client.

Please note that, if I use the Private Internet Access proprietary VPN client software, I get high id and pass eMule's built in TCP port test. Once connected to a PIA port-forwarding enabled server, if a port is properly assigned, you hover your mouse over the PIA client icon in the task tray and you get a tool tip which tells you the port. Then you put that in eMule and are good to go.

You only get one port; so, I am only using Ed2k.

This is a pain, because it means you have to be at the computer to manually change the port every time you disconnect / connect to the VPN.

Recently, they announced that you can use OpenVPN client software and then use a script to get your port number. I am trying that now with no success. I am able to connect to the port forwarding enabled servers and get a port with the Python3 script that I have written. When I get the assigned port number, I put it in eMule. But when I connect to the eMule servers, I get low id and cannot pass the TCP port test.

Here is the latest from PIA level II support:

... I've been working with this and debugging parts of this as quick as I can, and it appears that this is partially due to emule and servers, rather than an issue with the VPN. Once configured and the script is run, it appears that some servers accept the port, without lowid, but others refuse to. I'm unable to determine why this is, other than a suspicion that these systems aren't connecting properly. I've been looking over the API, and confirmed that it is working, if you put up something to listen on the port, then connect to it, you can connect without an issue, but the servers aren't connecting properly. I've attached a full network stack debugger, and confirmed that these systems are never hitting the port required by emule, but others connect to it fine.

I do not get high id from any emule servers in my list. This tech says he is getting high-id from some servers but not others. Any insights / suggestions for next steps in the trouble shooting process?

This post has been edited by LambdaFox: 07 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

#2 User is offline   hooligan3000 

• European Community
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

i´m using nvpn.net vpn
client openvpn
i add 2 ports and all work fine :bouncehi:

ed2k://|server|91.208.162.87|4232|/
ed2k://|server|85.239.33.123|4232|/
ed2k://|server|91.208.162.55|4232|/

SD - Telegram

Air VPN - The air to breathe the real Internet

BTC
bc1qdrk0ld07jtg99ym2zg68cpqhqj34qnf2txm93n
XMR
48ja6xJ2NyPMNzmY1pA3ZZPpX5yTaw9Ym28jrDPCL7Y7L7pr5wXFdpeK4WqBbvVY5qEa6VDfhFKTnHWef3EPC4zgQNTnAwg

#3 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

And which ed2k servers have you got into your serverlist?
INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non è serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dà subito l'allegrIa! Immagine Postata

#4 User is offline   spiritstm 

• Pip

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:09 PM

Hello i'm french ( bad english so )

I have High-id on Emule and Kad with this méthod :

1- In Private Access Internet (PIA ) setting click on advanced. At right you can see Port Forwarding, select it and save.
2- launch the vpn connexion ( take country with port forwarding ).
3- When you are connected, move the mouse on le PIA's logo in tray, you can see your IP:port forwarded ( for example 50329 )

Now For Emule

1- Go to preferences > connexions
2 - on the right, at port client report the port forwarded on TCP and UDP ( 50329 in your example) and click Ok

Now restart Emule, connect server and Kad, you have a High-id

Ps : The port of IP forwarded change with the country, and périodicaly on the same country he change to.

#5 User is offline   mrblue 

• PipPip

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:55 PM

Hello,
I have exactly the same problem but with expressVpn. I have really no clue of how to set it properly. I am absolutely fine when i don't connect via Vpn but just normally. Now i paid this service to be safe but actually it makes me impossible to use emule. Any clue or suggestion?
Thank you very much

#6 User is offline   p033928 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:32 AM

hi
i'm using free protonvpn:
https://protonvpn.com/support/tor-vpn/

and i've low id and kad firewalled: 2 arrows yellow instead of 2 green one..

how to solve..?
:(

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users