Official eMule-Board: Low Id - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Low Id Low id all the sudden

#1 User is offline   igge01 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

Hey,

I know there are a lot of threads about this topic but it all seems so darn difficult & advanced. I recently got a new modem from my internet provider and since then I always get Low id and slow dwnlds :( Is there any ezy way to solve this? Emule have been my fav for a long time and always working fine for me until now.. Pls help!

#2 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

View Postigge01, on 06 October 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

Is there any ezy way to solve this?

(I took it like easy way :) )

Yes, using upnp. Before proceeding, read the negative points on internet (just an example: unplug 'n pray)
If you feel that you don't risk anything, read the following points.
1) Check if upnp is installed AND enabled in your PC (services: UPnP Device Host AND SSDP Discovery Service).
Services names should be the same between every windows version...
UPNP is usually already installed and enabled in win Vista and 7; in windows xp: sometimes it is, sometimes it is not.
You can check it looking at my network places (click) (windows 7 image) and in network connections (click) (xp image).

If you are lucky and everything is already enabled, you can just disconnect emule, tick "use upnp...", wait a minute reading the server log: if a positive message on upnp appears, connect and you should see green arrows on the little globe = high id.
Try it! :)

If it isn't, check these guides:
- emule-project.net: Help&Support,Port,FW&Routers,Routers, Linksys BEFSR41 (click)
- MS long guide: How Windows Firewall affects the UPnP framework in Windows XP Service Pack 2 (click)
- MS short guide: How to enable the Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) in Windows XP so that you can connect to Games for Windows LIVE (click) (yes, it works with emule, too)
2) Enable upnp feature into your router menu (remove port forwarding/virtual server configuration, if you have already done it)
3) Give correct permissions to upnp (and to eMule!) in your firewall/antivirus
If you are using win xp, "upnp framework" should be in the active exceptions, in other words it should be ticked.
If you are using win vista/seven/eight/nine... You should not find "upnp framework".
If you are using another firewall, please check its forum and/or its documentation.
4) Tick "Use upnp to setup ports" (emule options connection)
5) Before connecting your emule (in other words, you should not connect eMule), wait a minute reading the server log: if a positive message on upnp appears, connect and you should see green arrows on the little globe = high id.
If it is already connected: disconnect it, in options connections remove the autoconnect option, untick "use upnp...", click apply, tick "use upnp...", click apply/ok and wait for the positive upnp message in server log. Then you can connect and see green arrows.
If you have just started emule, but it isn't connected, you can change (and try) a lot of different ports: change ports (randomly), untick "use upnp...", click apply, tick "use upnp...", click apply/ok and wait for the positive message of upnp... If you get a negative message, you can change your ports an "infinite" number of times.
It should not be necessary, but, if things don't work, restart everything and re-try this point.
Well, not everything, just your router and your pc (and eMule) ;)
6) If you have tried all previous points without success, you shall manually forward eMule ports in your router (click).
7) Feel free to ask again if you didn't get it, because my english is horrible!

Just a curiosity: in the emule-project guide there is the same router that is present on the microsoft short guide.
Have those guys done the emule-project guide too? :D

This post has been edited by xilolee: 06 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non č serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dā subito l'allegrIa! Posted Image

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users