Official eMule-Board: Kmule Build20130705/build20160211 Beta - Official eMule-Board

• (27 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Kmule Build20130705/build20160211 Beta The First Kad Only Mule

#41 User is offline   RejZoR 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:05 AM

Smiley next to the upload speed slider is a bit bugged. When you move the slider, the smiley will appear and stay visible. But after you close the settings and open them again, smiley won't be visible again until you move the upload speed slider.

EDIT:
Also, why some files don't have "KAD" icon in the Shared Files menu? What dictates which files get this and which don't? From what i understand, if the file has no icon next to it it means it's not being shared and no one can find it either. Or am i thinking wrong for this one?

This post has been edited by RejZoR: 16 September 2012 - 06:48 AM

"Something that looks pretty much like a banana but tastes like a peace of pork, though it is a product from a bird!"
Stulle @ Dec 7 2005, 06:16 PM

#42 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• Man, what a bunch of jokers...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:19 AM

View PostRejZoR, on 16 September 2012 - 08:05 AM, said:

Smiley next to the upload speed slider is a bit bugged. When you move the slider, the smiley will appear and stay visible. But after you close the settings and open them again, smiley won't be visible again until you move the upload speed slider.

EDIT:
Also, why some files don't have "KAD" icon in the Shared Files menu? What dictates which files get this and which don't? From what i understand, if the file has no icon next to it it means it's not being shared and no one can find it either. Or am i thinking wrong for this one?

I'll check out the smiley...
Yes, the KAD icon indicates sharing status - the same as in official - please note that Kad needs some time to index your files, that's why some files may not appear as "shared".

#43 User is offline   DavidXanatos 

• Neo Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

View Postbscabral, on 11 September 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

Kad is still a great network from a technological point of view. There still some exploits from recent papers that was not addressed, many requiring an compatibility break, and the imminent approach of IPv6.

"compatibility break" is I think a deal breaker.
If you do it on a mod level, that would mean to put your client in an own small micro network and thats not cool.
You would need to add for example a second Kad instance so that the mod can participate in the official kad as well as in the own.
I'm not sure if that would be allowed for a mod as it would mean roughly double the overhead.

@tHeWiZaRdOfDoS
feature suggestion: NAT-Travesal from neoMule :-k
this feature may give you an real edge over the official client.

This post has been edited by DavidXanatos: 16 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

NeoLoader is a new file sharing client, supporting ed2k/eMule, Bittorent and one click hosters,
it is the first client to be able to download form multiple networks the same file.
NL provides the first fully decentralized scalable torrent and DDL keyword search,
it implements an own novel anonymous file sharing network, providing anonymity and deniability to its users,
as well as many other new features.
It is written in C++ with Qt and is available for Windows, Linux and MacOS.

#44 User is offline   Eulero 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

+1 for nat-t feature ... Posted Image

#45 User is offline   RejZoR 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

@Wiz
I've also noticed that while smiley is missing, upload speed slider is missing as well. There is the slider "guide", but there isn't any slider on it. Like i's completelly missing.
"Something that looks pretty much like a banana but tastes like a peace of pork, though it is a product from a bird!"

#46 User is offline   RejZoR 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:57 AM

Will we soon get an update because the upload is all borked up and most of the time it's barelly uploading at all. I give it over 100KB/s to work with and it keeps on uploading at 25KB/s...

#47 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

Another rls is planned for this weekend, though we failed to reproduce a lot of issues (namely design problems) - they are simply not present on my system. Maybe some .dll/update is missing but I can't figure out the reason behind those glitches :confused:

#48 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

Update :flowers:
See 1st post for details & download :clap:

#49 User is offline   dylandog84 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

Thx for this new release. :+1:

Emule Mods.it mirror updated:

Installer:
kMule.Build.20120923.Installer.exe

Binary:
kMule.Build.20120923.Binary.7z

Sources:
kMule.Build.20120923.Sources.7z
Posted Image

#50 User is offline   Eulero 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

Hi, on XP SP3 i've this error:

Posted Image

In English should be: The procedure entry point if_indextoname could not located in dynamic link library IPHLPAPI.DLL

The file iphlpapi.dll is in my system32 folder. In the previous version i had not this error .... Posted Image

P.S. NAT-T will be implemented? Posted Image

This post has been edited by Eulero: 23 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

#51 User is offline   THOR72 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:49 AM

I did the update from the old binary version and I had no problem. Everything works fine.
Windows seven - 32 bit
Questa guerra non sarā mai dimenticata ... nč gli eroi che la combatteranno! (Troy)

Posted Image

Vote for the best Mods - Top Rated Mods: 1° Xtreme - 2° MorphXT - 3° beba

Interviews by Emule-Mods.it
NeoLoader devs interview (ITA) (ENG)
kMule devs interview (ITA) (ENG) (GER) (CHN)
eMule devs interview (ITA) (ENG)

#52 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:56 AM

This seems to be related to the updated miniUPNP library... I'll try to find a workaround.

#53 User is offline   RejZoR 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

Ok, all of my reported bugs seem to be fixed now. I'm a happy camper now :) Didn't get the above error so i guess it only affects WinXP and not Win7 64bit...

#54 User is offline   RejZoR 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

Mini Mule closes a bit weird. If you click the X, it slowly rolls down and the finally closes. Mini Mule window frame is visible the entire time. I don't think this is intentional. If it is, it looks weird.

#55 User is offline   RejZoR 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

Something really weird is going on here. It took ages to connect to KAD from yellow to green and most of the time i was not at home it was uploading at 30-40KB/s out of 100KB/s possible. Now that i woke up the monitor the upload also started raising. Not to mention clients on queue. 99 where i'd usually have over 600 at the same time of running kMule. Something isn't quite right here...

EDIT:
This is rubbish. Last build was sometimes quirky but this one is horrible. 90% of the time it's using just 20% of my entire upload capacity for no reason at all. How am i suppose to keep me ratio up if the client decides not to upload anything. Queue is also basically empty 99% of the time. Several hours of runtime and just a hair over 30 clients in queue. Last build almost instantly got over 500... makes no sense to me.

EDIT2:
Now i'm not even sure anymore what's going on. It seems like KAD is protesting. Is there no way of performing upload on KAD only by getting it populated on KAD faster? It seems like it's taking freakin ages to get in touch with other clients if you're not also downloading something. If you do, upload fills quickly. If you don't, it goes nowhere. Can't this be changed in any way so that it would show the files quicker to other users?

This post has been edited by RejZoR: 25 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

#56 User is offline   DavidXanatos 

• Neo Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

@tHeWiZaRdOfDoS
What do you think about adding NAT-Travesal from neoMule ?
this feature may give you an real edge over the official mule.

David X.
NeoLoader is a new file sharing client, supporting ed2k/eMule, Bittorent and one click hosters,
it is the first client to be able to download form multiple networks the same file.
NL provides the first fully decentralized scalable torrent and DDL keyword search,
it implements an own novel anonymous file sharing network, providing anonymity and deniability to its users,
as well as many other new features.
It is written in C++ with Qt and is available for Windows, Linux and MacOS.

#57 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:37 PM

View PostRejZoR, on 25 September 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

Something really weird is going on here. It took ages to connect to KAD from yellow to green and most of the time i was not at home it was uploading at 30-40KB/s out of 100KB/s possible. Now that i woke up the monitor the upload also started raising. Not to mention clients on queue. 99 where i'd usually have over 600 at the same time of running kMule. Something isn't quite right here...

EDIT:
This is rubbish. Last build was sometimes quirky but this one is horrible. 90% of the time it's using just 20% of my entire upload capacity for no reason at all. How am i suppose to keep me ratio up if the client decides not to upload anything. Queue is also basically empty 99% of the time. Several hours of runtime and just a hair over 30 clients in queue. Last build almost instantly got over 500... makes no sense to me.

I'm sorry to hear that, I just can say that both tux and I are testing the builds and it's working properly for us, though none of us has a fast line (>80kB/s ul) - we'll check for possible problems, though. :flowers:

Now i'm not even sure anymore what's going on. It seems like KAD is protesting. Is there no way of performing upload on KAD only by getting it populated on KAD faster? It seems like it's taking freakin ages to get in touch with other clients if you're not also downloading something. If you do, upload fills quickly. If you don't, it goes nowhere. Can't this be changed in any way so that it would show the files quicker to other users?

Well, yes, unfortunatelty, publishing takes some time... we could promote our files by "faking" downloading but I fear that this would cause too much overhead.

View PostDavidXanatos, on 26 September 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

What do you think about adding NAT-Travesal from neoMule ?
this feature may give you an real edge over the official mule.

Na, I don't know... we would have to try it "in the wild" and it's HEAVY change, including the necessity for additional protocol extensions... but we'll see.

#58 User is offline   RejZoR 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:10 PM

Yeah, i thought of the faking as well or starting some very popular download, download it for a while and then cancel it. I mean, current form is really too slow. I have no clue how KAD works on a protocol level but having the KAD only design is really showing this flaw. I frankly wouldn't mind some overhead if that would at least make the upload fully utilized. Something like an Overdrive function. But you're the kMule programmer and you know if anything like this is even possible without breaking the whole thing.

It would be nice if those that i upload to would spread "the word" faster to their contacts as well, that should speed things up a bit, right now it kinda feels like contacts exchange only during downloads but not uploads...

#59 User is offline   sonoro 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

I think you should add: slotfocus ZZUL Mod or Morph MOD

Add:payback First
Add: SCS (Spread Credit slot ) same Morph / Mephisto

Not possible to get faster in the queue?

#60 User is offline   RejZoR 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

File details page is all garbled. Lines are misaligned, and text on top of another. Buttons at the bottom are touching the window edge. Plz fix this...

• Member Options

• (27 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users