Official eMule-Board: Emule Morphxt 0.50A 12.3 [14-06-2010] - Official eMule-Board

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Emule Morphxt 0.50A 12.3 [14-06-2010] Improved SafeHash, more changes and optional FakeAlyzer colors

#41 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:53 AM

I could need some help with UPnP so please see if the following applies to you:

You have "Close ports on exit" enabled. When you close eMule it takes your router roughly ten minutes to close the ports (or in other words, they are not closed immediately after eMule MorphXT has closed).

If this applies to you please enable Verbose logging and the UPnP logging within the Verbose logging group. Also enable saving log to disk. This done please shut down eMule and send me the last minute of verbose log.

Lastly, "Close ports on exit" is only working after a restart of eMule. So if you have just enabled this option you will need to restart eMule for it to become active!

So please help me in this.
Stulle
I am an emule-web.de member and fan!

[Imagine there was a sarcasm meter right here!]

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#42 User is offline   xscarab 

• Mrs Chief Mumpopo 'Monkeyballs' Umboga III
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:22 AM

k, I'm willing to help if it applies to me. patience please and facepalms at the ready (remember i'm the thick one)

I have a bthomehub which I know upnp works with.

How do I know when my router has closed morph's ports?

Do I need to actually dl or ul anything, or is it enough to just open emule, connect to a server and/or kad and close it without doing anything?

Virgin install or use my current one with it's clutter and config files etc (and change the ports cos they're already forwarded in the homehub)?

Random ports or not

------------------------

btw - morph effin ROCKS!!! My new dvd drive wouldn't read several old data dvd's, including some which had stuff dl'd with morphie. old drive read them but couldn't copy due to crc errors. used cdcheck to recover the files, and used morph to import parts from the recovered files. Needed just a couple of MB to get perfect copies of my damaged files back, rather than having to dl GB of them :D :respect:
Are we nearly there yet?

#43 User is offline   omeringen 

• löl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:40 AM

@xscarab,
No need to download anything, just connect and keep your eyes on verbose logging, you'll understand. You can check if ports are still open or not via PortChecker : http://portforward.c...p/portcheck.htm

#44 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:47 AM

thanks for helping. do as follows: http://www.yougetsig...ols/open-ports/ go to the site and leave it open. set up MorphXT to use static ports, UPnP, closes ports on exit and disable your firewall for the test. start eMule, enable UPnP, shutdown eMule. go to the site, enter your IP address (which you can view in eMule's info box in server windows) and your tcp port. it should be closed now because eMule is not forwarding ports. next you start eMule, ports should be forwarded, check it. shutdown eMule, ports should be closed the second eMule is shown as terminated in the processes list (or disappears there). check that. tell me your findings.

the much more reliable and convenient method would be to just log on to your router and see if it shows UPnP forwards. that way you wouldn't have to disable your firewall and you could exclude any other unforeseen oddity from interfering during the port tests. anyway, the above should do, too.

anyhow, glad you like it. if you would go to our secret den (aka Bread Cave), you could just as well get a more recent build. ;)

edit: or try the program omeringen suggested... actually i am no expert in port testing... i basically just asked google for a site and the above popped up second. :-D

This post has been edited by Stulle: 21 July 2010 - 08:48 AM

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#45 User is offline   SS1900 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:16 AM

View PostStulle, on 21 July 2010 - 09:47 AM, said:

thanks for helping. do as follows: http://www.yougetsig...ols/open-ports/ go to the site and leave it open. set up MorphXT to use static ports, UPnP, closes ports on exit and disable your firewall for the test. start eMule, enable UPnP, shutdown eMule. go to the site, enter your IP address (which you can view in eMule's info box in server windows) and your tcp port. it should be closed now because eMule is not forwarding ports. next you start eMule, ports should be forwarded, check it. shutdown eMule, ports should be closed the second eMule is shown as terminated in the processes list (or disappears there). check that. tell me your findings.

in this way it works .....when emule is closed my TCP port is closed but when i open emule my port is open :thumbup:

#46 User is offline   xscarab 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:20 AM

I tried it, and the port checker wouldn't let me connect to portforward servers for TCP, tho it said the udp one was closed. The website you suggested said the TCP port was closed - immediately after closing morph. So presumably you do not want my logs?
Are we nearly there yet?

#47 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:13 AM

well, we're in a bit of pinch there. right now, when we close MorphXT (or any other mod with this implementation, for the matter) we start a new thread to close our forwards so we can proceed with all the other stuff we take care of when closing. this, however, renders us unable to get some decent logging.

anyway, xscarab, your explanation is a bit of confusing to me. so you are saying the TCP port is forwarded correctly if eMule is started and is closed immediately thereafter? the computer i am using right now, my workstation, is directly connected to the internet via my broadband modem and i cannot get the site i mentioned to verify UDP is open, although it sure as hell is, so i figure it tries sending a TCP packet which is rejected because it's an UDP forward/firewall rule/whatever.

however, if it works for you two it's fine and i was worried for nothing. another user reported that ports would not be closed until approx. 10 minutes after shutting down eMule which makes sense if the closing fails and the slots just time out. it is a bit of a nuisance, though.

well then, i hope to be able to release a new version during the next two weeks or so but i really have some severe time issues right now so please bear with me and don't be disappointed if i don't have the time for hours of release procedures.

#48 User is offline   xscarab 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:24 AM

so you are saying the TCP port is forwarded correctly if eMule is started and is closed immediately thereafter?

yep. when i open morph, the yougetsignal site says the tcp port is open. As soon as I close morph, the yougetsignal site says my tcp port is closed. like you, the site tells me my udp is closed even tho mule's ports test shows open, and kad gives:
UDP Status: Open
Are we nearly there yet?

#49 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:36 AM

okay, very nice. so it seems to work for most routers. :)

#50 User is offline   Famerlor 

• also known as Spike2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:40 PM

Some routers allow a setting of the "UPnP poll time". I'm not very into this but I could imagine that it's more than a coincidence that it's set to 10 minutes default in most routers.. ?
Posted Image

You want a light mod with source-dropping, Powershare and WiZaRd's ClientAnalyzer ?
Try Spike2-Mod !

You rather want to stick to official eMule but don't want to miss all the new fixes and optimizations from the mods ?
Try OfFixed-Mod !

This post has been edited 1 time, the last time by God: Tomorrow, 12:74 PM

#51 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:11 PM

no, i know it's 10 minutes because we make it 10 minutes. ;)

whenever we have enabled the option the time of the forwards is limited to 10 minutes. this is convenient if we want to ensure ports are being close regardless of a crash or planned shutdown. why the hard closing for forwards fails for this other user, i do not know. however, there is still some incompatibility with the lib we are using. i might try to update to the portable UPnP implementation. last time i tried, however, was failure. one can only hope this time it would not result in failure, yet again. anyway, like i mentioned already, right now i sure as hell don't have time for this and on a longer perspective i would also like to combine at least our implementation with that from the official client.

This post has been edited by Stulle: 21 July 2010 - 02:11 PM

• Member Options

• (3 Pages)
  • +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users