Official eMule-Board: 28/04/2010 - Emule V0.50A - Tombstone Xtended V1.0 - Official eMule-Board

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

28/04/2010 - Emule V0.50A - Tombstone Xtended V1.0 Releaser variant of TS 2.1

#41 User is offline   dylandog84 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:12 AM

Hi Wizard, have you verified this strange behavior?

dylandog84 said:

PS: I don't know if this is a bug, but when i enable Slotfocus and then i close eMule, after restart i find the feature disabled again...

This post has been edited by dylandog84: 19 May 2010 - 11:29 AM

Posted Image

#42 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• Man, what a bunch of jokers...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:22 PM

Well, it's no "strange behaviour", I'm just not saving the prefs when you toggle the SF... if you open the prefs and close them, it should be saved. However, v1.1 which I gave out to testers 2 days ago will contain a "fix" for that :)

#43 User is offline   James R. Bath 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:51 AM

"DUDE", or if you prefer, Great Wizard of CA :worthy: is it by intention or a bug?

This post has been edited by James R. Bath: 28 May 2010 - 06:53 AM

Currently recommending and using: eMule beba 2.63
For slot control only, currently recommending: Tombstone Xtended 1.0 (or higher) if you absolutely must have slot control

Posted Image

Where there is a mule there is fuel. Where there is a stool sits a fool. - Winston Churchill

#44 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:29 AM

1st: Could you reproduce the "issue" with TS?
2nd: the upload/download data used by CA is weighted differently.
As you can see in your picture, you uploaded ~50MB but it's nearly 100MB for CA as rare data is counted twice. The UL/DL difference will lead to a skull icon in case the remote client has something for you... so we can expect that client to pay back at some point.

FYI: the data is calculated that way:
UPLOAD (data we SENT):
FULL file data + 1.5 * part file data + rare file data

DOWNLOAD (data we GOT):
1.5 * FULL file data + part file data + rare file data

Mind you, though, that full and part file data may be rare as well and thus be counted twice!
I'm open for suggestions concerning the data weighting and overall CA functionality, so feel free to tell me your opinion :)

#45 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:01 PM

wow, i did even say you should use TS... unbelievable... -.-
I am an emule-web.de member and fan!

[Imagine there was a sarcasm meter right here!]

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#46 User is offline   James R. Bath 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2010 - 02:21 AM

View PosttHeWiZaRdOfDoS, on 28 May 2010 - 09:29 AM, said:

1st: Could you reproduce the "issue" with TS?
I'm open for suggestions concerning the data weighting and overall CA functionality, so feel free to tell me your opinion :)

Thanks for all the details. I'll give TS an extended run sometime this weekend and see what it shows. FWIW, according to your formulas, Katana is performing the calculations properly. It's just providing inconsistent results, sometimes giving a skull for a user that's better than another user based on the ul/dl alone, which is what I'll be looking for when I run TS.

As for suggestions at the moment, the only thing that pops out at me is that "in case the remote client has something for you" versus the client not having anything for you (say on a file you have complete). I'd greatly prefer that whether or not they have something for you be thrown out. That means, at least if the skull icon also reflects a worse CA score, in the case of 2 otherwise equal clients, the client who has something for you drops behind the client that has nothing for you. <_< That's not helpful. There are situations where it's deserved, such as if the client has uploaded nothing/bad data to you.

Lastly, when you say "UL/DL difference will lead to a skull icon", does that mean the difference in CA-weighted bytes, the ul/dl ratio, or some combination?
For slot control only, currently recommending: Tombstone Xtended 1.0 (or higher) if you absolutely must have slot control

Posted Image

Where there is a mule there is fuel. Where there is a stool sits a fool. - Winston Churchill

#47 User is offline   Meuh6879 

• GoldMember (Yeah, Baby !)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2010 - 04:24 PM

FileFaker of CA is impressive when i tries to download popular file...a good feature to clean the network. :flowers:

This post has been edited by Meuh6879: 29 May 2010 - 04:25 PM

#48 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2010 - 05:06 PM

Hm, yeah, it's commonly used by some leecher mods. Though it'd be interesting whether you can verify the detections by your observations.

#49 User is offline   Meuh6879 

• GoldMember (Yeah, Baby !)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2010 - 02:59 PM

View PosttHeWiZaRdOfDoS, on 29 May 2010 - 07:06 PM, said:

it'd be interesting whether you can verify the detections by your observations.

When "Filefaker"" is display on Extended LOG, the users have stopped after 10-50kb the transfer of the requested file (official emule with correct queue...etcs).

On unpopular file, i have very few think like this...(no filefaker log entries) and all clients, when they doesn't upload very fast (800b/s ... with slotfocus feature ... unpopular file make some community of uploader that it uses emule mod to share and control the aviability of the chunk) don't cut the connexion like the emule filefaker profil.

That's why i have seen this...and skull head help to see :-k (with filefaker in description)

#50 User is offline   James R. Bath 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:13 PM

Some happy news that requires no action, Xtended's VirusTotal page.

Posted Image

#51 User is offline   James R. Bath 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:26 PM

Feature requests:

This post has been edited by James R. Bath: 30 May 2010 - 08:07 PM

Posted Image

#52 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:17 AM

The first one was written due to YOUR request and yes, I can re-add it :)
The 2nd one has no real use I can see or could you tell me?!
Slot limiter won't come... doesn't work, wastes upload.

#53 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:49 AM

thank you wiz! glad somebody else finally says it! slot limiter = no good!

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#54 User is offline   James R. Bath 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

View PosttHeWiZaRdOfDoS, on 31 May 2010 - 06:17 AM, said:

The 2nd one has no real use I can see or could you tell me?!
Slot limiter won't come... doesn't work, wastes upload.

User hash searching use is admittedly limited. The main use (for me at the moment) is for doing user comparisons/bug checking between mods because so many users have emule-project.net as their name.

Slot limiter works very nicely as an option on Katana and Beba. It accomplishes another feature request of mine, to randomize or average upload bandwidth. Whereas SF, CA, and flood control should be enabled by default, you could have it disabled by default. I won't argue any further for it. In terms of maximizing upload bandwidth both to individuals and in total, you're right and TX's SF is the best I've seen for that. :flowers:

This post has been edited by James R. Bath: 31 May 2010 - 05:15 PM

Posted Image

#55 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:23 PM

let me refer you to the following lengthy post about slotlimiters. i believe that will probably explain why wiz is saying no. correct me, if i am wrong there, wiz.

the link

#56 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:16 AM

The main reason for me is that James R. Bath is obviously requesting this "feature" to create his "random upload feature" and not to somehow help/enhance the mod usage and the network. He's asking for my SF to be implemented in other clients but obviously not aware that his REQUIRES additional slots to be opened from time to time to make it work correctly.

#57 User is offline   James R. Bath 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:15 PM

Wiz, in both cases, as options. Quit trying to make me argue more. I'll rip Stulle and his crappy SF a new one in his/her thread. :o

Back to the CA, here are some examples of skull'd users who were skull'd only because of their UL/DL, which weren't that bad, in 2 cases good and 1 OK. All examples were taken after transfers each way were complete because I noticed the icons rarely change while a DL is in progress (which is a good thing so the transferred data can be verified before giving credit for it).

7 DL from them, 0 UL to:
Posted Image
9 DL from them, 18 to:
Posted Image
9 each way:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#58 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:24 PM

As stated: you can make suggestions to the weighting, etc. :flowers:

#59 User is offline   James R. Bath 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:30 PM

I'd add some code to the effect of IF DL < UL, and UL/DL ratio = bad, ignore the UL/DL ratio. Apparently there's a bug in the UL/DL ratio or its doing more than being an UL/DL ratio and not reporting what that other stuff is, which should be handled, weighted, and reported separately instead.

Posted Image

#60 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:44 PM

that is pretty much crippling the CA and it's basic idea. behavior is defined by many things but most notably and obviously the ul/dl ratio. if you think the current score calculation algorithm is not very good figure out what should be changed and tell it wiz, just like he asked you to. but removing it entirely will cause the whole CA to become next to redundant.

• Member Options

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users