Official eMule-Board: Emule 0.50A [Katana 2.11] - Official eMule-Board

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Emule 0.50A [Katana 2.11] legal babysteps :)

#21 User is offline   Deer-Hunter 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:49 PM

Mirror updated:
Katana Mod
http://eMulebase.de/...re_mods/Katana/

Posted Image
*Lerne von allen, aber besonders von deinen Feinden*

#22 User is offline   p!ll3.p4ll0 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:34 AM

tHx for the mirrors :flowers:

#23 User is offline   James R. Bath 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:50 PM

Correct ed2k link?
ed2k://|file|Katana%202.0%20Bin.rar|2880924|D32D87CDA6FB3336F652EB4F85FADEF8|h=2MNQMLY6UCMS6OSVFQLXB4OCR64LTNPV|/

Currently recommending and using: eMule beba 2.63
For slot control only, currently recommending: Tombstone Xtended 1.0 (or higher) if you absolutely must have slot control

Posted Image

Where there is a mule there is fuel. Where there is a stool sits a fool. - Winston Churchill

#24 User is offline   p!ll3.p4ll0 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:24 PM

Jepp, hash fits.

This post has been edited by p!ll3.p4ll0: 16 May 2010 - 07:30 PM

#25 User is offline   James R. Bath 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:50 PM

Working very nicely. The extra banning/leech code seems to reduce the max number of slots needed by about 2. I really like your addition of the Priority (Upload) menu for Downloads, the Antileech info tab for users, and the additional logs. Like beba, I'd recommend you remove the SlotFocus code or switch to Tombstone Xtended's SF code.

Features I'd like to see:
  • List All Requested Files (see beba)
  • PBF (more like Morph 49c, less like beba)
  • For Transfers/Downloads, a fully enabled Comments tab so comments and file quality can be added from there. Maybe limit it to files that have the preview chunk.
  • Get rid of the preview submenu. I know it's part of Official, but it's pointless and don't know if/when it will ever be restored to simply Preview.

For slot control only, currently recommending: Tombstone Xtended 1.0 (or higher) if you absolutely must have slot control

Posted Image

Where there is a mule there is fuel. Where there is a stool sits a fool. - Winston Churchill

#26 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:21 PM

James R. Bath: Morph 49c? you do realize it remains unchanged in MorphXT 12.0 based on eMule 0.50a? also, for the last request consult last emule's changelog.
I am an emule-web.de member and fan!

[Imagine there was a sarcasm meter right here!]

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#27 User is offline   James R. Bath 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:33 AM

@ Stulle
That's great to hear because it works very well. Haven't tried 12.0 because of the .net requirement. Certain bloated, exploit-prone code I prefer to leave off my computers.

As for pause preview, I don't think that the only option should be to put up with it or lose all advanced mode controls, which is why I'm requesting it here. Maybe Official should have a "Experimental mode controls" option to enable/disable. I'd be open to calling it "Stupid" or "Useless" too.

This post has been edited by James R. Bath: 19 May 2010 - 02:34 AM

Posted Image

#28 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:25 AM

what you are saying is "I don't like to update my OS with all the latest updates because I think it's bloat"... now, that is not particularly smart because you will be the first to be the owner of an infected and compromised computer. eMule MorphXT 12.0 will run on *ANY* well updated computer! so please refrain from calling it "bloated, exploit-prone code" because you seem to ignore that this is not so much about MorphXT code but about using a SDK and compiler that is not approx. 7 to 8 years old. asking the user to update their computers is not bloating nothing.

as for the option, if you think so tell the officials.

PS: sorry for the lot of offtopic, pP
I am an emule-web.de member and fan!

[Imagine there was a sarcasm meter right here!]

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#29 User is offline   taz-me 

• I'm taz (a modder)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:21 AM

:respect: Just a minor addition : I think that it's in the best interest for users of a certain mod / official, that it's developed and compiled by newer VS versions. Usage of newer VS version by devs of a certain mod / official offers the benefits added by the huge investment of working hours that were invested by MS team to justify newer VS versions (those might be for example better code compliance, better debugging tools, better and more secured compiler & linker outcomes and more).
P2P is about sharing, ed2k is my choice !

#30 User is offline   p!ll3.p4ll0 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:07 PM

@James R. Bath
Changing Slotfocus is on my list as the current variant from offixed (which is the one from zz iirc) isn't that good to use. Anyways, like for the other requests, the next things to be done are quite some changes to the existing code, removing and fixing some of my not so brilliant attempts to localize the mod. After that (and a little break from eMule) I'll start thinking about adding or changing features for the next release.

@Stulle
Nevermind, I always feel offtopic when posting anywhere but home.

@taz
Right, the endless time spent by M$ to give us colored linker warnings must be honoured. Seriously, I did not see much of an advantage when testing a v$08 version. That might have changed for 50a with the new visual cra..., ehm goodies, for the 49c mod back then I could not say it worked better or worse than the v$03 version. On the other hand I'm only playing with codes, not really developing them using lots of v$ tools, and I don't think that it'll change anymore ;)

This post has been edited by p!ll3.p4ll0: 24 May 2010 - 06:58 PM

#31 User is offline   James R. Bath 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:19 PM

This relates to some seemingly fine users getting the skull with the CA/antileecher features. It may be the source of the problem is in CA, but since you have the Antileech Info tab, I'm reporting the details here.

In all 3 cases, the amount transferred in both directions is over 40MB and the users have no/none for all the Info tab details. In one case, the user actually has uploaded more to me than I've downloaded. In the other 2 cases:
DL/UP modifiers:
1.7[2.1]
1.5[2.6]
UL/DL ratios:
17/10 (bad)
17/14 (bad)

The 1 positive case dropped off before I got the UL/DL stuff, but it still had the "(bad)" mark. Is there some CA/leech related info not on the tab that might cause this?

This post has been edited by James R. Bath: 24 May 2010 - 07:21 PM

Posted Image

#32 User is offline   p!ll3.p4ll0 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:09 PM

The AntileechDialog is based on the detail string provided by the CA itself, so it should deliver a rather complete picture of what's fact for this client. Anyways, not having seen a bug is no prove of having none here, so if you face such clients again please send me screenshot of both client details. For what I see in your post above, the ul/dl ratio would justify the skull as we have dl>ul there (seen from the peers perspective, where we gave more than we got).

However, I gave out a v2.1 beta to my betatester today and will ask him to have an eye on that matter aswell.

This post has been edited by p!ll3.p4ll0: 24 May 2010 - 09:19 PM

#33 User is offline   James R. Bath 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:07 AM

Skull example:
Posted Image

Non-skull example:
Posted Image

Skull example for a different user/client and file:
Posted Image

This post has been edited by James R. Bath: 25 May 2010 - 05:08 AM

Posted Image

#34 User is offline   Famerlor 

• also known as Spike2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:26 PM

Please don't forget that some chunks are differently weighted by the CA based on their rareness.
Posted Image

You want a light mod with source-dropping, Powershare and WiZaRd's ClientAnalyzer ?
Try Spike2-Mod !

You rather want to stick to official eMule but don't want to miss all the new fixes and optimizations from the mods ?
Try OfFixed-Mod !

This post has been edited 1 time, the last time by God: Tomorrow, 12:74 PM

#35 User is offline   p!ll3.p4ll0 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:57 PM

The bad ul/dlratio is only one of many elements of the score calculation, not a bad behaviour which gives you a skull on its own. if you check the main clientdetails tab you should see that the client has a good CA scoreratio (>1.0) and is thus rated as good.

This post has been edited by p!ll3.p4ll0: 25 May 2010 - 08:09 PM

#36 User is offline   Famerlor 

• also known as Spike2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:27 PM

And btw. very nice design for the client-detail-window - looks really great :thumbup:
Posted Image

You want a light mod with source-dropping, Powershare and WiZaRd's ClientAnalyzer ?
Try Spike2-Mod !

You rather want to stick to official eMule but don't want to miss all the new fixes and optimizations from the mods ?
Try OfFixed-Mod !

This post has been edited 1 time, the last time by God: Tomorrow, 12:74 PM

#37 User is offline   James R. Bath 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:29 AM

View Postp!ll3.p4ll0, on 25 May 2010 - 08:57 PM, said:

clientdetails tab you should see that the client has a good CA scoreratio (>1.0) and is thus rated as good.

Not sure if that's directed at Famerlor or me. On Client Details, there is nothing called CA score/ratio. There's the Uploadqueue score, the Rating (total), and the DL/UP modifier.

Here's another example of where the user has a skull icon where nothing seems to be wrong:
Posted Image

And another:
Posted Image

This post has been edited by James R. Bath: 26 May 2010 - 02:48 AM

Posted Image

#38 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:29 AM

@James R. Bath

I think p!ll3.p4ll0 replied to you... The "bad ul/dlratio" is in your screenshot.

@p!ll3.p4ll0

Shouldn't "ul/dl ratio" be "dl/ul ratio" (from the client's perspective)?

:flowers:
INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non č serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dā subito l'allegrIa! Immagine Postata

#39 User is offline   James R. Bath 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:57 AM

View Postxilolee, on 26 May 2010 - 03:29 AM, said:

Shouldn't "ul/dl ratio" be "dl/ul ratio" (from the client's perspective)?

That's really been a problem/annoyance with eMule since the beginning (the main details screen is also showing from the perspective of the user instead of you). I think we need to launch a feature request/change campaign on the official to get its constantly backwards orientation fixed so that it appears as it does on Known Clients and stats.

Posted Image

#40 User is offline   p!ll3.p4ll0 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:28 AM

View PostFamerlor, on 25 Mai 2010 - 10:27 , said:

And btw. very nice design for the client-detail-window - looks really great :thumbup:
Thx ;)

View Postxilolee, on 26 Mai 2010 - 04:29 , said:

Shouldn't "ul/dl ratio" be "dl/ul ratio" (from the client's perspective)? :flowers:
That's a bit strange all around eMule. For the CA tab, the line with "Uploaded:" calls the downloaded ammounts of data, the "Downloaded:" line the uploads. Therfor you're right, ul/dl should be dl/ul here or the two labels mentioned before should be switched to get the same perspective.

• Member Options

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users