Official eMule-Board: Almost Finished Files - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Almost Finished Files

#1 User is offline   Toonda 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:28 PM

Why is it that Emule likes to gather files that are about to finish downloading and then continue with files that are just starting downloading, wouldn't be better to finish first the ones that are 1% or 2% away from finishing??

#2 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:25 PM

Probably you need to read Docs a bit and learn about queue system. That is, you must wait before you can get another piece of file.

#3 User is offline   torpon 

• I'm so tired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:26 PM

No it wouldn't be better, since a lot of people unshare the files once they are completed.
Anyway a source sends you a part, of the file you asked him for, when you get a upload slot in his queue, no matter if the file in your side is 99 or 0 % completed.

Cheers :D

This post has been edited by torpon: 03 January 2010 - 08:28 PM

#4 User is offline   jestheonlyone 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:25 PM

hi

With newly added files, you can download from anybody who has at least one complete chunk.
With almost completed files, you can only download from people who have the complete missing chunk. And

since a lot of people unshare the files once they are completed
the number of available sources can drop dramatically...
my latest favorite jamendo album (Creative Commons license): CraZyH et Djézinho - Prémis N'1
Could be considered as the male counterpart to zap mama. It's really worth a try, even if you hate hip-hop...
Jamendo tags = beatbox electro ethnique experimental hiphop lounge percussions ragga rap reggae scat soft triphop world

--------------------------------------------------------

Pris pour des vaches à lait par les industries du disque... Maintenant boycottons-les!!!

#5 User is offline   hrmwrm 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:13 AM

you mean files that are part of a series that would have essentially the same source/sources?
why start so many at a time? in this scenario, i start 2-3 of them, using priority. set one low, one med, one high. they should follow order mostly. the fewer the sources, the less i notice this works also.

#6 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:18 PM

@hrmwrm
try reading the docs for categories and source management (download in alphabetical order) ;)
INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non è serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dà subito l'allegrIa! Posted Image

#7 User is offline   hrmwrm 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:53 PM

i don't like categories, and the one series i'm downloading in order(about 8 months so far, 1 source, i'm friend slotted, powersharing as i get)doesn't fit a proper order in years. (97,98,99,00)it would give me 00 first. hence my method. but thank you.

#8 User is offline   Toonda 

• Pip

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:49 PM

Thanks for the answers, I guess there's really no way to download the almost finished ones. So far it looks like it's all about leaving the mule running and wait

#9 User is offline   hrmwrm 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:05 AM

that's best in the long run. they'll all finish eventually.

I guess there's really no way to download the almost finished ones.

without stopping the others? no guaranteed way, no.

This post has been edited by hrmwrm: 06 January 2010 - 09:07 AM

#10 User is offline   Mysterion 

• Pip

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:09 PM

I have read this thread and have a question that I think may be pertinent. I have one particular file that has one user with the complete file. I have been watching this user for about a week, now and something odd is happening on a regular basis that may or may not have a simple answer. When I check my queue status with this user, one time it will be, say, 465, An hour or less later, I look again, and it has miraculously jumped to 4 digits, like 4425 with no time for my client to have even asked to download. This has been occurring regularly in the time I have watched it and, as a result, I can't honestly say that I have ever successfully downloaded so much as a byte from him. This raises the question : is it possible that there is a mod (either legal or otherwise) that allows a user to pick and choose who downloads and who gets bumped in favor of a preferred downloader? I remember with the old WinMX it was possible to bump a downloader if someone you knew was waiting, so I was wondering if that option had been made available as an illegal mod and, if so, is there anything that can be done to counteract it?

#11 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:46 PM

View PostMysterion, on 24 January 2010 - 04:09 PM, said:

I can't honestly say that I have ever successfully downloaded so much as a byte from him

You could check user Details.
It could be a bad mod, but not necessarily.

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users