Official eMule-Board: Getting And Keeping Reliable Server List And Ipfilter - Official eMule-Board

• (5 Pages)
  • +

Getting And Keeping Reliable Server List And Ipfilter Quick, not visual, guide

#41 User is offline   K625 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:04 PM

I did. That was a stupid question of me xP Thanks.
But still, it doesn't want to connect. While Kad is connected, eD2K says "connecting" and nothing happens.

#42 User is offline   torpon 

• I'm so tired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:00 PM

Did you apply Getting And Keeping Reliable Server List And Ipfilter?. If you don't get succed start a topic in Support - Do You Need Help? or Network & ID related and explain the problem in there.

Cheers :D

#43 User is offline   scoutingMel 

• Pip

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:37 AM

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanx ;-)))))))

since months ago i suddenly had problems with finding sources...
_all_ worked, upload, connection tests...but no sources found...

tried a lot, but that serverlist helped!

#44 User is offline   tfraw 

• Pip

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:57 PM

View Posttorpon, on Feb 11 2009, 12:12 PM, said:

If you are happy using fake servers, and receiving fake results, fake files and fake sources, go ahead with a lot of servers.

My first time here. If I'm not careful I may learn something :) I installed emule today and ed2k wouldn't connect so I tried here, followed the instructions and with just a few problems I am back in business. Thank you for a great job here. :thumbup:
Forgot to mention, if anyone has a problem use the search feature. If ed2k or kad doesn't load type it into search. Saves a lot of looking around.

This post has been edited by tfraw: 20 March 2009 - 09:02 PM

#45 User is offline   Ripplin 

• Pip

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:23 AM

Hi!

I tried adding those servers, as mentioned earlier, and they're all either full or dead. :unsure: (a couple of them that were already there seem to have been renamed when I pasted in the addresses, too. Is that normal?)

However, I just tried Kad for the first time and it seems to be working. In the Search section, I just selected Kad Network as the method and presto. It certainly is weird to see so few servers with so little opportunity to get on them, though.

I will try connecting to servers again sometime, but if Kad is working, is there any point in doing so? :confused:

#46 User is offline   Spacecreature 

• Pip

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:04 PM

View Posttorpon, on Nov 1 2008, 11:19 AM, said:

To get a reliable server list free of fake ones, you can follow these steps
  • Go to Options/Security
  • Select Filter servers too
  • In Update from URL, type:
    http://emulepawcio.sourceforge.net/ipfilter.zip

• Click on Load.
  • Go to Options/Server
  • Set number of errors allowed before removing the server to 9
  • Click List button that appears next to the option Auto update
  • In Notepad, that is opened, write this line and remove all others if exists:
    http://www.peerates.net/servers.php
  • Save changes in notepad
  • Untick the options to update list of servers when connecting to new server and new client
  • Click on Accept
  • Go to servers window
  • Remove all servers from static list
  • Remove all servers from list
  • In Update Server.met from URL, type the same URL you did in point #8
  • Click on Update button
  • If you have selected Autoconnect only to servers on static list add the servers you want to static list
  • Double click on any server

If you are getting the list by first time, not having servers in your list, you can, obviously, avoid step #13 and 14.

If you don't want emule to reload list at startup, you can also avoid steps #7 to 9, but not harm in doing them anyway.

From time to time, when the file is updated, you should have to load ipfilter, steps #3 and 4. And every time you want you can also clean and reload server list steps #13 to 16

Thank you, INDEED. I will do what you have recommended, in hope this will work. Once again, thanks. Space creature

#47 User is offline   voltron 

• Pip

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:01 AM

thanks for all the advice guys, but i'm still having the same problem. my eD2K says "disconnected" and my kad is still firewalled. should i turn off windows firewall?

#48 User is offline   voltron 

• Pip

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:05 AM

wait, my eD2K is connected now, but my kad is still firewalled.

#49 User is offline   epsilon2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2009 - 02:23 PM

Hi. I have used emule in the past and decided to try it again.
It is now like Kazaa used to be, virus haven.
But I took the advice here and unchecked the following 3 items under Options>Server:

Auto-update server list at startup
Update server list when connecting to a server
Update server list when a client connects

I deleted all the servers I already had in the Server window (hilite them all and press 'Delete') and pasted the following in the box 'Update server.met from URL':
http://peerates.net/servers.php
and hit 'Update'.
So far I have tried these 2 servers from that server.met:
Master Server 4 83.233.30.108 : 4500
eDonkeyServer No2 212.63.206.35 : 4242
and no more virus results.....so far.
Even downloaded a small (real) file successfully.(<-update. it was a virus! :-o )

The last time I used emule it didnt have fake servers full of virus files but thanks to a couple of searches on this forum and this thread, it is working again. (I was getting ready to put it in the same hole that Kazaa is buried in).

Thnaks

This post has been edited by epsilon2: 19 August 2009 - 08:01 PM

#50 User is offline   epsilon2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:59 PM

Update.
Well it's one thing to get emule working without all the spam and viruses. But it's the same old story trying to actually get something. Since my last post many hours ago I've had a number of files queued and until 10 mins ago I had downloaded a total of 0.00 KB. I actually got 52 KB all at once (!) 9 mins ago (man, did I got excited!) but it stopped again. This file has 51 sources and more than half of those are complete.
Torrents it certainly ain't (otherwise I'd be belting along with all those sources and seeds) but it was sort of interesting getting the old mule running again (actually I upgraded to the latest version).
I never really thought why it was called donkey or mule. I guess it was a tossup between an ass or a tortoise which was more stubborn or slower or immovable.
It really has to be a file that you cannot possibly get, beg, borrow or steal from absolutely anywhere else in the known universe in order to bother using emule at all. Exhaust all other possible sources before you bother kicking this donkey in the ass. It's hard to tell if it's alive because it looks like a dead animal.

#51 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:11 PM

Why Are My Downloads So Slow. (7/22/03) (click)
faq - Settings & Speed (click)
Why Do Each Of My Sources Get Cut Off After A Specific Amount Is Downloaded - I get disconnected from a source every time 9.32mb is downloaded (click)
have a look here for the basic settings (click)

This post has been edited by xilolee: 14 August 2010 - 09:50 AM

INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non è serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dà subito l'allegrIa! Immagine Postata

#52 User is offline   epsilon2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:18 AM

Thanks for the links xilolee.
I actually got a file downloaded overnight (5MB) and it is an MP3 I could not find anywhere else, not on torrents, nntp or www and I've been looking for some time. So I'm happy now.
I'm sure there's a few settings I can adjust to improve connections.
And my server list and searches are remaining free of fake entries.

#53 User is offline   Wulp 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:49 PM

View Postepsilon2, on 20 August 2009 - 06:18 , said:

I'm sure there's a few settings I can adjust to improve connections.

You are of course free to post your settings according to this listing at point 5, as there are indeed some things that could improve your eMule experience (probably most important one having a high id/open status).
But start a new thread for this please.

Apart from that you should know that your download speed depends on how fast your sources can upload and how busy they are. And sources in eMule are usually very busy because most people share quite many files (often large ones) and thus have long upload queues.

Best advice I can give is to let your eMule run permanently if possible (as it often takes hours to go through your sources' upload queues) and to have a good upload because this can influence your queue rank at some of your sources.

This post has been edited by Wulp: 20 August 2009 - 11:49 PM

#54 User is offline   HanabiMarina 

• Pip

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:01 PM

Hello, please, can anyone help me??
I really tried everything I found here and elsewhere - torpon's 17 steps, all the ed2k addresses, and STILL, my emule won't connect...the only thing that worked was nodes.dat for kad, but all the servers "appear to be" either "full" or "dead". It's driving me mad, changing the firewall settings didn't help, neither did reinstalling. I really don't know what to do. I have got Windows Vista and eMule version v0.49c...
please help me, if you know what to do. thanx:)

#55 User is offline   Wulp 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:03 AM

Same for you: :flowers:

View PostWulp, on 21 August 2009 - 12:49 AM, said:

You are of course free to post your settings according to this listing at point 5, as there are indeed some things that could improve your eMule experience (probably most important one having a high id/open status).
But start a new thread for this please.

Or stick to Kad, that should work, too.

#56 User is offline   Glenn74 

• Pip

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:53 AM

View Posttorpon, on 01 November 2008 - 09:19 PM, said:

To get a reliable server list free of fake ones, you can follow these steps
  • Go to Options/Security
  • Select Filter servers too
  • In Update from URL, type:
    http://emulepawcio.sourceforge.net/ipfilter.zip

• Click on Load.
  • Go to Options/Server
  • Set number of errors allowed before removing the server to 9
  • Click List button that appears next to the option Auto update
  • In Notepad, that is opened, write this line and remove all others if exists:
    http://www.peerates.net/servers.php
  • Save changes in notepad
  • Untick the options to update list of servers when connecting to new server and new client
  • Click on Accept
  • Go to servers window
  • Remove all servers from static list
  • Remove all servers from list
  • In Update Server.met from URL, type the same URL you did in point #8
  • Click on Update button
  • If you have selected Autoconnect only to servers on static list add the servers you want to static list
  • Double click on any server

If you are getting the list by first time, not having servers in your list, you can, obviously, avoid step #13 and 14.

If you don't want emule to reload list at startup, you can also avoid steps #7 to 9, but not harm in doing them anyway.

From time to time, when the file is updated, you should have to load ipfilter, steps #3 and 4. And every time you want you can also clean and reload server list steps #13 to 16

#57 User is offline   Stavie 

• Pip

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:31 AM

RE:Getting And Keeping Reliable Server List And Ipfilter

Very helpful information. Much appreciated.

Thank You,
Stavie

:clap:

#58 User is offline   Thaumaturge 

• Pip

Posted 14 February 2010 - 06:01 PM

I have been trying to get Reliable Server List using Torpon and Trebla instructions (very similar) but when I click on list button in 'options' 'server' nothing happens. Any ideas?

regards,
Thaumaturge

#59 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:29 PM

it should to open a txt file named addresses.dat... maybe is your pc opening the txt files with another editor?
you can also create your txt file with notepad, save the file naming it "addresses.dat", move it in your config folder
INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non è serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dà subito l'allegrIa! Immagine Postata

#60 User is offline   yorpn 

• Pip

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:23 PM

I'm confused. I'm trying to add servers from this site: http://ed2k.2x4u.de/index.html

It says it has over 120 servers, but when I used the link on the page to add them, it didn't add any servers. I also tried using the address update function built into emule but that didn't seem to do anything. So in total I only have 13 servers from peerates and gruk. Help getting more servers? I'm assuming more servers means more search results, right?

• Member Options

• (5 Pages)
  • +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users