Official eMule-Board: Unable To Connect - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Unable To Connect

#1 User is offline   ralds 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 September 2008 - 08:39 PM

hello,

I am totally unable to connect my emule.

I tried to connect via the ports configured in the emule by default when installed. I configured the WindowsXP firewall to enable these ports. And finally I forwarded the ports to my COMTREND CT-5361 router.

Nothing happened, the eD2K and Kad nets cannot connect.

I repeated the same steps by changing the ports to TCP 30000 and UDP 31000. Same negative result.

Please help!! What happens??

Thank you.
Rob

#2 User is offline   torpon 

• I'm so tired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 16 September 2008 - 08:43 PM

You don't have to forward ports to your router but to your computer.

Cheers :D

#3 User is offline   ralds 

• Pip

Posted 16 September 2008 - 08:53 PM

View Posttorpon, on Sep 16 2008, 10:43 PM, said:

You don't have to forward ports to your router but to your computer.

ok, I misexplain myself, sorry. What I did is what is stated in the header thread of this forum:

...and make a port forward in your ADSL router (if you use one)
(if you uses Windows XP, take also a look at the network connections, to the firewall of your Lan Connection.
UNQUOTE

so...? what can I do now?

thanx
Rob

#4 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:01 PM

Even more, you do not need to have ports forwarded to be able to connect.
Check your firewall and antivirus rules for eMule.

#5 User is offline   moloko+ 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:01 PM

You can create an exception in the firewall for emule instead of adding ports.

#6 User is offline   ralds 

• Pip

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:07 PM

thanx but both firewall and antivirus admit emule...

any other suggestion?

#7 User is offline   Wulp 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:39 PM

Maybe you just don't have good servers in your list. See help & guides, how to get reliable servers.
As for Kad, go here and click on "Add to eMule".

#8 User is offline   ralds 

• Pip

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:05 PM

View PostWulp, on Sep 17 2008, 12:39 AM, said:

Maybe you just don't have good servers in your list. See help & guides, how to get reliable servers.
As for Kad, go here and click on "Add to eMule".

error: emule cannot download the file.

this is logic as I think it is not a server list problem but some kind of connection configuration.

any other suggestion?

#9 User is offline   Wulp 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:46 PM

View Postralds, on Sep 18 2008, 12:05 AM, said:

If you're not an IE user: Is your Internet Explorer working / do you have any (wrong) proxy settings in your IE? (because eMule seems to use IE for those kinds of downloads).

#10 User is offline   ralds 

• Pip

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:05 PM

View PostWulp, on Sep 18 2008, 12:46 AM, said:

View Postralds, on Sep 18 2008, 12:05 AM, said:

If you're not an IE user: Is your Internet Explorer working / do you have any (wrong) proxy settings in your IE? (because eMule seems to use IE for those kinds of downloads).

I am using IE7.0 with the default settings when installed (proxy unticked), plus Java Sun.

should I modify something?

Additional data: WinXP SP3, Windows firewall admits emule v0.49b, ADSL connection speed 11Mbps...

any oher suggestion?

thanx
Rob

#11 User is offline   Wulp 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:16 PM

View Postralds, on Sep 18 2008, 01:05 AM, said:

I am using IE7.0 with the default settings when installed (proxy unticked), plus Java Sun.

should I modify something?

No, IE doesn't seem to cause the problems then. (Sorry, I have no further suggestions though)

#12 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:11 AM

docs - routers - general (click me)
docs - ports (click me)

These steps should work with every router .... (i hope to have done only few language mistakes, and also few technical!).

first upgrade emule to the last version, then re-check your router/ip static/firewall/antivirus
you could try first with these operations(after you have got a reliable server list (click me) )
now, if you have low id yet and with the other p2p programs closed:

plan A
1) you should disable your fw/av
2) close/restart emule
3) if the id is high, you should set in a better way your fw/av

plan B
if you don't want to port forward your router:
1) you should disable your fw/av when you tempt to set the router.(and only in that case)
2) you should check if upnp is enabled in the router (otherwise enable it and save settings)
3) you should go in options connection of emule, tick: "use upnp..." , close/restart emule...
4) if id is high, you should give permissions to "framework upnp" (only xp, not vista/7 (seven)) and to emule on your fw/av, after you enable it/them
5) restart emule and re-check the id.
If you do not find the framework upnp in the firewall, maybe you should install it (only in win xp, in win vista/7 it should not be needed)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please read carefully all the following lines before you do anything, you can lose your internet connection if you don't read closely ( in italy we say: man warned, half saved! :D ).

if that does not work, you can try manually ... you need:
- your ISP's data(?) in case of troubles! so you can easily reset your router to factory default settings, then you can put your ISP's data in it to have the internet connection (user name, password, vpi, vci, atm qos, encapsulation, etc.)
- emule tcp port (option connection of emule)
- emule udp port (option connection of emule)
- private ip address of your router (gateway)
- private ip address of your pc (it is similar to the gateway but last digit is different)
- private ip address of your pcs, if you disable the dhcp server in your router settings!!!!
routers have usually (one of) these gateways (but there are also other less common):

you can find it:
  • on the manual (only the gateway, not the other ips)
  • in the trayicon could be 2 flashing screens (your connection), double click on them, it opens a windows, there are 2 cards(?): general(?) and support(?), clik on the support card (at the right) and you can read your ip, subnet, gateway, dns
  • you can find the same of above in start, control panel, network connection(?), your connection (lan or wireless)
  • start, run, write: cmd (if does not work try: command), press enter, it opens a shell dos (a black window with something like: c:\something> ), in this window write: ipconfig , press enter, and you now can see your ips ... if you want, you can try also: ipconfig /all .
    if you get an error, check if you wrote it correctly ...
  • otherwise you can search ipconfig on your pc (usually is in c:\windows\system32)
  • when you are in the dos shell, for reaching that path, you can write: cd\ , press enter, write: cd windows\system32
  • you can find the shell dos also in start - programs - accesories - command prompt (shell dos ?)

plan C
if you want to port forward your router:
0) retrieve your internet data for your connection (vpi, vci, user name, password, and so on) ... in case of troubles, you will reset your router, will set up it with these data and will put dinamical/automatic ip to your internet connection (lan).
1) untick "use upnp.." in option connection
2) you should disable your fw/av when you tempt to set the router (and only in this case).
3) you should set a static ip to your pc (click here to see the guide for static ip on portforward.com)
4) if your router doesn't accept static ip (the pc will not able to connect to internet with the static ip), you should also disable dhcp option in the router. And if you do this, you should set static ip on each of your pcs connected to the router (static ip on every pc)
5) put your emule ports and your internal private ip in the router virtual server (click here to see the guides for a lot of different manufacturers and models of routers on portforward.com)

you need:
- tcp port
- udp port
- private ip address of your pc

you find your ports in option connection of emule.
You find your ip address in start - run - write: cmd - press enter - it opens a shell dos; write: ipconfig - press enter.
Usually the gateway is the ip address of your router (example: 192.168.1.1).
Your ip address is similar to your gateway (so your ip will be 192.168.1.x <--- last number is different).
Open a web page on your browser (internet explorer ?), in the "address bar" you should delete the address in the box and write your gateway, press enter.
It should open the router settings, maybe it could ask to you "user name" and "password" that you find usually on your router manual, if someone hasn't changed that.
Now you should search in the router the section for port forwarding(nat/napt/virtual server/port forwarding/sua/ecc), and you can put the ports and the ip in it. For example:

Posted Image
Posted Image

6) save ALL router settings and restart the router (and pc)
7) if id is high, you should give permission at your fw/av (to emule), after you enable it/them
note 1: if you have 2 emule, you should use 4 different ports, 3 emule --> 6 ports ... and so on
note 2: if you don't navigate on internet but emule works, try your dns'ISP
note 3: in general, you should check your ips aren't in conflict (with dhcp setted on, it is possible)
note 4: i believe it is surer first to disable dhcp and then to put static ip to the pc(s) ...
note 5: if you have other p2p programs, you make sure they have different ports.

BUT, if your isp is a wi-fi/w-lan/hyperlan/wimax/satellite/umts/gprs/edge/hsdpa....?? connection , you'll never be able to open ports...
(in italy there are few exceptions)

good luck !!

This post has been edited by xilolee: 24 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non è serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dà subito l'allegrIa! Immagine Postata

#13 User is offline   torpon 

• I'm so tired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:43 AM

If emule can't download the file it seeems you have a firewall interferring.
You can go to servers tab,remove all servers, copy & paste the following list, into servers windows.
Righ click>Paste eD2k link.

ed2k://|server|61.174.18.254|8080|/
ed2k://|server|77.247.178.244|4242|/
ed2k://|server|77.247.178.245|4242|/
ed2k://|server|81.171.35.10|4242|/
ed2k://|server|81.171.125.8|4242|/
ed2k://|server|87.230.83.44|4661|/
ed2k://|server|88.191.81.111|1111|/
ed2k://|server|89.248.174.84|6543|/

#14 User is offline   jpiere 

• Pip

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:51 PM

OK I have ATTUverse and McAffe. Both are configured correctly. I am pulling my hair out.
I have the router set. (i even tried to let it accept all), but redid it just as one of the threads told me to.
I opened up mcaffee and stopped my firewall all together.

I can connect very slowly, but when I test the ports they fail.

What am I doing wrong? I check Parental Controls, and I am the only user and ATT has me down right.

PLEASE... This was configured correctly before I reformatted my harddrive, and now I cant seem to get it to recognice my ports. Tried, for the last 4 hours..

thanks Jim

#15 User is offline   moloko+ 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2008 - 11:13 AM

jpiere, the Test Ports in not reliable, so if you can connect to a server/Kad with a high ID then everything is working properly and you can disregard the test.

#16 User is offline   help! 

• Pip

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:01 PM

View Postmoloko+, on Oct 4 2008, 06:13 AM, said:

jpiere, the Test Ports in not reliable, so if you can connect to a server/Kad with a high ID then everything is working properly and you can disregard the test.

But I have Att Uverse and I get a low ID with everything turned off. I am not sure what to do anymore.

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users