• (4 Pages)
  • +

Translating The Onlinehelp Post questions and comments here

#41 User is offline   Some Support 

• Last eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yes

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:59 AM

Thanks, the tree topics have been verified :)

#42 User is offline   spak 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:55 AM

I posted "The Preferences -> Notification" ("Настройки -> Уведомления") last week.

#43 User is offline   spak 

• PipPip

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:31 AM

I have just sent 'Features -> Searching for Files' ('Возможности -> Поиск файлов')

#44 User is offline   Some Support 

• Last eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:15 PM

Verified. Thanks :)

#45 User is offline   Liz81 

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:51 AM

Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread but I need a document translated in English for how to port forward when using a Linksys router. I got a new router now so I have to port forward. But when going to drop down to translate the whole guide in English, I didn't find English. Where do I find how to port forward with Linksys in English?

#46 User is offline   NetMajstor 

• Pip

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:31 PM

Hi i want to open Serbian Help forum.I work with my friends on translating.What we need to do ?

#47 User is offline   Some Support 

• Last eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:48 PM

If you want to translate the online help to serbian you are welcome to do so. Just use the help interface and tell me when you finished to translate the basic topics. Then i will enable the onlinehelp for this language and verify the translated topic. Be warned though that it is a lot work :)

I'm not sure what you mean with "help forum" however. If you mean an seperated section on this board for general discussions / support threads then this isn't something we intend to do, as we need to limit the sections on this board to keep the overview ourself and therefore won't add any more languages.

#48 User is offline   manotroll 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:49 AM

plz link for help portuqueze (brazilian ) ins broken http://helpfiles.emu.../eMule.1046.chm
plz repar :)
by

#49 User is offline   Wulp 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:43 PM

Sorry if this is not the right place as it's not only about translation but is concerning an English entry in the online-help, but I'm not sure what would be the right forum section instead.

I've noticed that there are some sentences in the online help article "Searching for files" which are wrong or outdated, while other things are just missing.

Sentences that are wrong/outdated:

-"Kademlia searches must always start with a keyword having 3 or more letters."
Not true anymore since the automatical keyword rearrangement, maybe the sentence should read something like "...must contain at least one keyword having 3 or more letters."
(Seems it's still true in case we use an OR operator though.)

-"After the first keyword there must not be any boolean operator apart from AND." That's true for OR, but not for NOT. It works well to use NOT right after the first word (e.g. 'linux NOT ubuntu' won't pop up any result containing ubuntu)

-(under the availability description): "A value in ( ) behind the availability are sources which can be added directly to the download without eMule having to search for them again."
I think this applies for server searches only but now has another meaning in Kad.

Things that are missing in / could be added to the article:

-There is no or little mention about the use of quotation marks in order to perform exact phrase searches (which I tried to describe a bit in this post: http://forum.emule-p...post&p=1034040)

-There's no mention about the possibility to extend the variety of filters by typing @... into the main search field (e.g. @bit<320) using <,>,=,>=,<= signs.
(I remember though there once was some additional paper on emule-project.net where it was explained but unfortunately is not available anymore).

-The new Kad-availability value which appears in parantheses when extended options are on could also be mentioned (see also above).

-Maybe the possibility how to manually define keywords could be mentioned

I'd offer to change the text accordingly (+ translation into german), though I'm not able to edit the page. So I thought maybe I could provide the suggestions here?

This post has been edited by Wulp: 09 November 2009 - 11:49 PM

#50 User is offline   torpon 

• I'm so tired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:41 PM

Some suggestions are already implemented in spanish help Buscando archivos

Cheers :D

#51 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:16 AM

o Color coding of Search Results

> Black, dark blue, light blue
Indicates the number of sources found for a specific file.
Black = 1 - 3 sources
Dark blue = 4 - 9 sources
Light blue = 10+ sources

> Red
Files in the download list are shown in red and the "known" column shows "downloading".
Files in the shared files list are shown in red and the "known" column shows "shared".
(Under the complete sources column, you might see a 0% red, indicating zero complete sources; do not confuse it with the whole red line)

> Green
Hits shown in green are already downloaded and completed.

This behaviour is shown only if you have ticked the 2 remember options in option files.
If they have been cancelled before the completing, the "known" column shows "cancelled".
If they have been cancelled after the completing, the "known" column shows "downloaded".

> Grey
Files that have been marked as spam.
This behaviour is shown only if you have ticked the spam option in option security and you have marked some files.
You ought to use this feature only for real spam (crap results sent by malicious servers) and not for the fakes.
The "known" column shows "spam" (if the file is not downloading/shared/downloaded/cancelled)

This post has been edited by xilolee: 25 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non è serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dà subito l'allegrIa! Immagine Postata

#52 User is offline   SunShan086 

• Pip

Posted 20 December 2009 - 12:05 PM

Excuse me. When translating the on-line help, what shall we do about the links within help pages. Do I leave them alone or change the 'l=1' value there?
For example:
<a href="help.cgi?l=1&topic_id=144&rm=show_topic">Web interface</a>

Thanks for your attention.

#53 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 20 December 2009 - 12:09 PM

@SunShan086

If the "web interface" link exists in your language, copy that link.
The link should bring the user to the right topic in his language.

:)

This post has been edited by xilolee: 20 December 2009 - 12:12 PM

INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non è serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dà subito l'allegrIa! Immagine Postata

#54 User is offline   SunShan086 

• Pip

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:02 AM

Hi. I've uploaded several Simplified-Chinese translations under "The GUI" and "Root" directories by 27-Dec-2009.

BTW, I'd like to know who is the moderator for simplified chinese, if there is one. Thanks. :bounce:

This post has been edited by SunShan086: 13 January 2010 - 10:08 AM

#55 User is offline   kangi 

• Pip

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:26 AM

View PostSome Support, on 09 May 2008 - 11:26 AM, said:

If you have any general questions or problems with updating or translating the onlinehelp, this is the place to ask :)

Hi could anyone translate the german version of Belkin DSL-Router explanation how to solve low ID's problem?I think we have similar router netgear and the bastard is blocking everything so i would like to try this instruction...
Konfigurationsmenü des Routers via Webbrowser öffnen.
2. Dort unter Setup » "Security" den Eintrag "Virtual Server" anklicken. Der untere Bildschirm erscheint:
3. In der Spalte "Private IP" die eigene Netzwerk-IP-Adresse eingegeben.
Deine eigene IP findest du wie folgt heraus: Windows-Startmenü öffnen » Ausführen » cmd.exe » auf OK klicken. Es öffnet sich die Eingabeaufforderung.
Dort einfach den Befehl ipconfig eingeben,es erscheint dann deine IP-Adresse.
4. In den Spalten "Private Port" und "Public Port" die eMule-Ports eingeben,welche weitergeleitet werden soll.In diesem Fall werden die Standard-Ports 4662 TCP und 4672 UDP eingegeben.
Falls ein anderer TCP bzw UDP-Port benutzt wird,so ist dies dementsprechenend zu ändern.Falls du dir nicht sicher bist,welche Ports du benutzt,schaue einfach in deinem eMule in die Einstellungen unter "Verbindung".Dort steht genau welche Ports du verwendest.
5. Die Spalte "Type" bestimmt, welches Netzwerkprotokoll weitergeleitet werden soll. eMule benutzt TCP und UDP als Netzwerkprotokolle.
6. eMule neu verbinden und über High-ID freuen ;-)
the last one sounds good(:
Thank you in advance and regards!

#56 User is offline   Some Support 

• Last eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:47 AM

View PostSunShan086, on 13 January 2010 - 10:02 AM, said:

Hi. I've uploaded several Simplified-Chinese translations under "The GUI" and "Root" directories by 27-Dec-2009.

BTW, I'd like to know who is the moderator for simplified chinese, if there is one. Thanks. :bounce:

Thanks, i will check those out in the next days. There is no chinese moderator for the helpfiles yet.

#57 User is offline   SunShan086 

• Pip

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:39 AM

View PostSome Support, on 14 January 2010 - 05:47 PM, said:

Thanks, i will check those out in the next days. There is no chinese moderator for the helpfiles yet.

Excuse me. Did you got the topics? If not, I can upload them again.

#58 User is offline   Some Support 

• Last eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:45 PM

View PostSunShan086, on 05 February 2010 - 12:39 AM, said:

View PostSome Support, on 14 January 2010 - 05:47 PM, said:

Excuse me. Did you got the topics? If not, I can upload them again.

Sorry for the delay. Yes i saw the topics, they look good and the GUI category is a good enough start to activate the help page for this language. This takes a bit work though and i didn't have time for it yet. I hope to get it done this weekend.

#59 User is offline   Some Support 

• Last eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:47 PM

The topics are now online, thanks again for your work :)

#60 User is offline   SunShan086 

• Pip

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:10 AM

View PostSome Support, on 08 February 2010 - 03:47 AM, said:

The topics are now online, thanks again for your work :)

Thank you as well. :)

BTW, when translating the pages, I found it hard to deal with certain hyperlinks which links to pages that haven't been translated (i.e. doesn't exist in the target language) yet. Should I upload them again later (after the page linked to has been translated) to update the link, or upload the pages in the order of link dependencies??

This post has been edited by SunShan086: 09 February 2010 - 08:13 AM

• Member Options

• (4 Pages)
  • +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users